EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Poll: How does Jackman make you feel?
Author
Topic: The Poll of Jackman
Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 08-24-2005 12:28:51 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Sean!
So if he's telling people not to do it.. Why the fuck does he do it himself?

Why he does it is irrelevant. Why is that a reason to alienate him? Since that is the reason you gave for alienating him, wouldn't you need to alienate everyone who uses the ignore function wrong?

"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
Sean
posted 08-24-2005 12:39:22 PM
quote:
Manticore had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Why he does it is irrelevant. Why is that a reason to alienate him? Since that is the reason you gave for alienating him, wouldn't you need to alienate everyone who uses the ignore function wrong?

Now you're putting words in my mouth.

1: I think he is legally retarded. I do not believe he has any business near electronic devices which he could possibly hurt himself with, nor do I think he should be allowed to operate any motor-driven vehicles exceeding the weight of a motorized scooter.

2: Right here:

quote:
If people would stop complaining and just use the FOE like its meant to be used it would be much more pleasant for everyone concerned.

He tells people to use the ignore feature and everything will be fine. But it is hypocritical of himself to berate others for their improper use of the ignore feature when he also effectively ignores the ignore feature.

WHAT PART OF THIS DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Lady Delirium
Drysart loves me!
posted 08-24-2005 12:49:40 PM
quote:
Jackman had this to say about John Romero:
Niffy, thats what I get for speaking my mind in a flame thread.

Note to self be a sheep never say anything about anyone in EC land. Never express an opinon, and for god's sake dont argue.

Gee then I can be a hated sheep.

Baaaa I say Baaaaa.

alright honestly. i havent said anything about you yet but im gonna now. thats ridiculous. yes you can express your opinions, yes you can argue, and no one here is a sheep since...oh yeah, we're all different. point is this: be your own person and whatever, but realistically, sorry, but you need to learn to assimilate. keep your mouth shut when its appropriate. dont pick random fights without warrant. make useful contributions to the forum. and if we're really so bad.....leave

yes, that is maradon spining around in a chair ^_ ____ _ ^
Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 08-24-2005 01:00:43 PM
quote:
Sean attempted to be funny by writing:
Almost everything you said is invalidated by the fact that YOU don't even use ignore properly.

Sorry, I misread that. I dont exactly know what I thought you were saying, but the gist of it was "I hate him because he's not using ignore right"

"He tells people to use the ignore feature and everything will be fine. But it is hypocritical of himself to berate others for their improper use of the ignore feature when he also effectively ignores the ignore feature. "

Being hypocritical doesn't make him wrong.

"WHAT PART OF THIS DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?"

Why the h8?

Manticore fucked around with this message on 08-24-2005 at 01:01 PM.

"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
Sean
posted 08-24-2005 01:05:26 PM
For him or you?

Jackman
Racist Hermaphroditic Midget
posted 08-24-2005 01:07:48 PM
quote:
Sean spewed forth this undeniable truth:
He frequently responds to people he has on ignore, thereby negating the purpose of the feature.

Except for our anti-Jackman thread, which he can't see.

I constantly? Dear Sir other in a thread with my name on it and where it’s been quoted so it was visible or in the Mp3 thread, or a Flame thread. How often have I done this?

I actually am aware of that thread by Snuggles. I thought about posting there last night, but decided it would be rather trollish for me to do so and wisely refrained.

Jackman fucked around with this message on 08-24-2005 at 01:10 PM.

Peter: I'm not afraid of anything, I laugh in the face of Death. See HAHAHAHA.
Death: Oh great! Thanks a lot. As if it wasnt already hard enough to fit in.

Some people are like Slinkys... Not really good for anything, But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 08-24-2005 01:08:14 PM
Well, I would say him, but I honestly dont care, because I dont feel like argueing anymore.
Jackman
posted 08-24-2005 01:12:42 PM
quote:
Manticore had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Well, I would say him, but I honestly dont care, because I dont feel like argueing anymore.

Sean is an exellent example of a person who lives to argue. IMHO

Some people are like Slinkys... Not really good for anything, But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Sean
posted 08-24-2005 01:25:38 PM
quote:
Jackman was listening to Cher while typing:
Sean is an exellent example of a person who lives to argue. IMHO

You don't know anything about me.

Jackman
posted 08-24-2005 01:27:11 PM
quote:
Sean wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
You don't know anything about me.

what about last weekend? Giggity giggity giggity

Sean
posted 08-24-2005 01:27:46 PM
And you wonder why people hate you.

Jackman
posted 08-24-2005 01:30:42 PM
OOOPs I'm sorry I wasnt supposed to tell.

Sean
posted 08-24-2005 01:36:01 PM
Please just shut up.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 08-24-2005 01:36:30 PM
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 08-24-2005 01:40:28 PM
Now see, I saw Sean post, then Jackman and no one had quoted Sean. So Jackman had to click on his post to see it to respond.

Curious isn't it.

Sean
posted 08-24-2005 01:52:42 PM
He's not ignoring me anymore.

He used to, but he'd just bypass it anyways, so I guess he got tired of clicking Here to see what I had to say. It's like some sort of retarded internet stalker.

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 08-24-2005 01:54:09 PM
Ah, I see.

And that so made me laugh.

Jackman
posted 08-24-2005 02:00:58 PM
Can we lock this yet? Quagmire is getting testy.

Thanks

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 08-24-2005 02:18:14 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Jackman said:
Can we lock this yet? Quagmire is getting testy.

Thanks

No, I rather like it.

We don't go around locking flame threads around here just because the object of the flame threads wants us to. You don't want a flame thread about you? Learn to fit in.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 08-24-2005 02:25:47 PM
Manticore, you suck the retard's dick so much... does he ever return for you or something?
[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 08-24-2005 03:12:47 PM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabits doth run and play while Tarquinn gently hums:
Bad spelling aside, Jackman does have a point, and I hope that I am not the only one that sees it.

I'm going to answer this, because I've given it some thought and I'd hate to keep Parce on ignore when, even at his worst, he's a gazillion times better than Jackman.

No, Jackman has no point. Your mistake is assuming everyone has the right, somehow, to hang out in groups where they don't fit in. You assume this is supposed to be some kind of public place where we don't have the option of choosing who we let hang out. He has no basic right to come here and enjoy himself if he refuses to fit in with the community. Even if, as seems more and more likely, he's just too stupid to do it and it's not his fault, that's not a reason for us to feel obliged to take him on as a charity case.

The bottom line is that regardless why he came here or what jollies it gives him, he doesn't fit in, isn't capable of fitting in, and brings nothing of value to the community. If you're really that fucking desperate for an mp3 biotch, then ask Drys to code the board so that's the only thread he can access.

Honestly, what the fuck is with the bleeding hearts who think pathetic losers have some God-given right to hang out and annoy the cool people? His only fucking point was, "I'm pathetic and want to hang out with you guys."

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 08-24-2005 03:20:06 PM
quote:
Bloodsage was naked while typing this:
I'm going to answer this, because I've given it some thought and I'd hate to keep Parce on ignore when, even at his worst, he's a gazillion times better than Jackman.

No, Jackman has no point. Your mistake is assuming everyone has the right, somehow, to hang out in groups where they don't fit in. You assume this is supposed to be some kind of public place where we don't have the option of choosing who we let hang out. He has no basic right to come here and enjoy himself if he refuses to fit in with the community. Even if, as seems more and more likely, he's just too stupid to do it and it's not his fault, that's not a reason for us to feel obliged to take him on as a charity case.

The bottom line is that regardless why he came here or what jollies it gives him, he doesn't fit in, isn't capable of fitting in, and brings nothing of value to the community. If you're really that fucking desperate for an mp3 biotch, then ask Drys to code the board so that's the only thread he can access.

Honestly, what the fuck is with the bleeding hearts who think pathetic losers have some God-given right to hang out and annoy the cool people? His only fucking point was, "I'm pathetic and want to hang out with you guys."

Wow, I feel like I have peed in your coffee.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 08-24-2005 03:32:36 PM
quote:
Channeling the spirit of Sherlock Holmes, Tarquinn absently fondled Watson and proclaimed:
Wow, I feel like I have peed in your coffee.

Not at all. joo.

It's just annoying to hear someone say random idiots have the right to hang out with whoever they choose, and the other party has nothing to say about it. Not liking someone is a perfectly good reason to banish them from your company.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't hang out with people I dislike.

Derek
Pancake
posted 08-24-2005 03:58:53 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Jackman said:
If people would stop complaining and just use the FOE like its meant to be used it would be much more pleasant for everyone concerned.

I disagree with you on how the ignore feature is meant to be used. Rather than use it to ignore the people you’d rather not deal with, you’re using it as an excuse to post whatever you want.

EverCrest is a community and it has certain standards of acceptance. Some people don’t belong or fit in. It’s important to foster the kind of atmosphere they want because that allows them to draw in more like-minded people. Allowing anyone to come in and spout off whatever they want degenerates the board and the community, whether the option to ignore is there or not.

As people have berated you for posting stupid things, your response has been to become increasingly passive aggressive. In my opinion what you post doesn’t constitute a banning, but you shouldn’t be surprised that a lot of people don’t like you. You’re not always going to be loved by everyone but when you continue to post despite a very small amount of positive feedback, you should question your motives and reasons for posting here.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-24-2005 06:42:46 PM
quote:
Bloodsage obviously shouldn't have said:

Mod
Pancake
posted 08-24-2005 06:47:24 PM
quote:
Bloodsage wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Not at all. joo.

It's just annoying to hear someone say random idiots have the right to hang out with whoever they choose, and the other party has nothing to say about it. Not liking someone is a perfectly good reason to banish them from your company.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't hang out with people I dislike.

I wouldn't agree that this is some sort of private club, I indeed view it as more of a public place and it appears to also be designed as such with only relatively broad rules of conduct and completely open registration. I also wouldn't call EC a cohesive group since we have tons of members who would strangle or at least ban each other in an instant if given the opportunity.

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Jackman
posted 08-24-2005 06:48:15 PM
Looking at the poll, less than 50% of the people who took the time to use it want me outright banned. IM guessing of those people 20% are just on the bandwagon and in fact don’t really care.

How can you hate me when you don’t really know me?

The other 50% don’t want me banned or don’t care one way or the other. I see no reason to see this as anything more than what it is. An attempt by a small group of people to get rid of an outsider.

So unless someone bans me permantly (and I hope they don't) Im not planning on going anywhere. There are enough other people on this forum that I can interact with.

I feel the longer I am here the more I will begin to fit in or at worst be tolerated. As I said before I'm trying to get along I don’t really do anything wrong and I enjoy most of what EC has to offer.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-24-2005 06:51:03 PM
Are we looking at the same poll?

I see about 50% of the people who want to see you banned and 20% (rounding up) that don't care if you're banned.

So it's about 70% pro-ban, 40% no-ban.

Jackman
posted 08-24-2005 06:57:01 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:

I see about 50% of the people who want to see you banned and 20% (rounding up) that don't care if you're banned.

47.66 (ban and no way im the worst since Somthor)
12.15 (victim)
15.89 dont care
23%.36 against
and someone who thought it would be swell to say I am great (thank you )

Those are the numbers atm that makes it less than 50% and the rest either dont care or are against.

Sorry to differ

Mod
Pancake
posted 08-24-2005 06:57:06 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Mr. Parcelan said:

No no no, it's over 50% who don't show a particular desire to have him banned and less than half that do. Playing with numbers is fun!

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-24-2005 06:59:42 PM
quote:
Mod thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
No no no, it's over 50% who don't show a particular desire to have him banned and less than half that do. Playing with numbers is fun!

Are we talking about the midcity polls or the suburban polls? That might show some bias.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 08-24-2005 07:01:16 PM
quote:
Jackman startled the peaceful upland Gorillas by blurting:
Looking at the poll, less than 50% of the people who took the time to use it want me outright banned. IM guessing of those people 20% are just on the bandwagon and in fact don’t really care.

How can you hate me when you don’t really know me?

The other 50% don’t want me banned or don’t care one way or the other. I see no reason to see this as anything more than what it is. An attempt by a small group of people to get rid of an outsider.

So unless someone bans me permantly (and I hope they don't) Im not planning on going anywhere. There are enough other people on this forum that I can interact with.

I feel the longer I am here the more I will begin to fit in or at worst be tolerated. As I said before I'm trying to get along I don’t really do anything wrong and I enjoy most of what EC has to offer.

Wow, so on top of your many other ineptitudes you can't do math, either?

Here's how the poll breaks down in real numbers:

1. 0.93% actually like you
  2. 12% don't give a shit about you, but think it's cool to oppose the majority on any issue
  3. 71% don't like you, but only 23% don't think dislike deserves banning
  4. 63% don't care if you're banned, while 48% actively think it's the best solution

And you keep forgetting the most important point: being allowed to hang out with people isn't about what you can mooch off them. It's about what you contribute to the group. If 70% of a particular group dislike you, you should be smart enough to find somewhere you can fit in, not keep whining how much you like it there. No one cares.

Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 08-24-2005 07:01:39 PM
Abbi wants to know... since she's still paying $7 a month to Drys via Paypal (cos she never bothered to cancel it) can she buy Jackman's banning with that??
Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-24-2005 07:03:19 PM
quote:
Cavalier- had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Abbi wants to know... since she's still paying $7 a month to Drys via Paypal (cos she never bothered to cancel it) can she buy Jackman's banning with that??

But he hasn't broken any rules.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 08-24-2005 07:04:03 PM
quote:
Jackman had this to say about the Spice Girls:
47.66 (ban and no way im the worst since Somthor)
12.15 (victim)
15.89 dont care
23%.36 against
and someone who thought it would be swell to say I am great (thank you )

Those are the numbers atm that makes it less than 50% and the rest either dont care or are against.

Sorry to differ

To me, it would appear that 51 people (let's face it, percentages are irrelevant in this type of situation) want you gone. I'm one of them, and the only part of that option I didn't agree with is that you are worse than Somthor. Somethor was at the bottom of the barrel. You are a few inches above it, struggling.

A whole 13 people think you're a victim. Wow...13...

17 people wouldn't care if you were banned, but wouldn't care if you weren't. Since they're neutrals, they can't really be counted when the question is, "Ban Jackman or no?" It's like asking someone, "Soup or salad?" and having them just shrug at you.

The 25 people who actively don't want you banned, even then don't necessarily like you. The are probably the rules purists who only don't want to see you banned because you haven't broken any.

The one entire person who might actually like you, either does it because he thinks your stupid shit is funny in one way or another, or that was your own vote.

I wouldn't get too excited about a "majority" not wanting you banned. Over 50 people do, and that's pretty much the majority of active posters around here. Lurkers love to vote without posting for some reason.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 08-24-2005 07:07:29 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Optimus Prime:
But he hasn't broken any rules.

So?

[Edit:] And I wouldnt be surprised if the one person that voted to say "He's great" was himelf, as Dens said. No-one else has owned up to it.

Cavalier- fucked around with this message on 08-24-2005 at 07:11 PM.

Jackman
posted 08-24-2005 07:17:39 PM
No that was not my vote. (pretty sure as a mod Parce can see who voted what and verify that) The 50 people who say they don’t want me here can simply foe and not worry.

How can you complain about a person you can’t see or hear? If you have me on foe Ill likely put you on foe as well which means any thread you originate I will never see.

If enough people honestly feel that way then I believe it takes care of it self. How many "Somthor" types have there been before I got here? 4? 5? I doubt I was bad as they were.

Last I heard when Kait was still active I was viewed in a better light. Since she was temp ban, and apparently hasn’t posted since I got put on the chopping block. Seems to me a good portion of that 50 people need someone to persecute. If it’s not me it will be someone else or the next newbie who has trouble fitting in.

I also think about half of you would ban the other half if they felt they could get away with it.

Its pretty lame to pay to ban people IMHO

Jackman fucked around with this message on 08-24-2005 at 07:19 PM.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 08-24-2005 07:24:56 PM
quote:
Quoth Jackman:
No that was not my vote. The 50 people who say they don’t want me here can simply foe and not worry.

How can you complain about a person you can’t see or hear? If you have me on foe Ill likely put you on foe as well which means any thread you originate I will never see.

If enough people honestly feel that way then I believe it takes care of it self. How many "Somthor" types have there been before I got here? 4? 5? I doubt I was bad as they were.

Last I heard when Kait was still active I was viewed in a better light. Since she was temp ban, and apparently hasn’t posted since I got put on the chopping block. Seems to me a good portion of that 50 people need someone to persecute. If it’s not me it will be someone else or the next newbie who has trouble fitting in.

I also think about half of you would ban the other half if they felt they could get away with it.

Its pretty lame to pay to ban people IMHO

Yeah, keep telling yourself that you're just an innocent dude being persecuted for things that aren't your fault. After all, if you're just a victim in this tragic affair--a victim of vicious sociopaths who can't be happy unless they're torturing somebody better than themselves--you've nothing to change. Everything's fine. It's everyone else who's wrong.

Just because 70% of a given population don't like you doesn't mean you should socialize with someone else. The world has a duty to accept you as you are, not be mean and ask you to fit in. Or ask the completely unthinkable: that you go hang out with people who like you back.

The odd thing is that many people join without problems. Few people end up being banned, although most who don't fit in are smart enough to go away. So far it's just the utter cretins like you, Somthor, and Paul554 who are so desperate for attention of any kind they just won't go where they're wanted. If such places exist.

Yes, this is a fun place to hang out. Know why? Because we don't suffer idiots.

Jackman
posted 08-24-2005 07:26:16 PM
You know I'd love to see a poll on the top 50 active posters and see who likes them. I dont mean to suggest their numbers would be as bad as mine but I imagine they have their detractors.

A simple like or dislike poll.

Gadani
U
posted 08-24-2005 07:27:47 PM
So Jackman, what option did you pick?
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: