EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: New patch notes (?)
Talonus
Loner
posted 04-06-2005 07:00:30 PM
quote:
Falaanla Marr impressed everyone with:
Stuff

Unless it costs 900g, its not fair. Its as simple as that. Farming 900g is very time consuming if you aren't lucky with drops, moreso than any other quest line in the game. Considering that the paladin quest sends you to Scholo for the final part (and is repeatable for that matter), I doubt it'll be that hard. Every class should get a quest or none should.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-06-2005 07:01:29 PM
quote:
Faelynn LeAndris wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Wut?...

You ought to just join me in the sidelines here whenever a WoW discussion is brought up, Fae.

Sean
posted 04-06-2005 07:02:26 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan don't surf!
You ought to just join me in the sidelines here whenever a WoW discussion is brought up, Fae.

You motherfucker. I'm not paying up, I NEVER TOOK THAT BET.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-06-2005 07:03:52 PM
quote:
Sean wrote, obviously thinking too hard:

Look, I totally won. He essentially backed out of both statements. Don't be welching.

Sean
posted 04-06-2005 07:05:05 PM
quote:
Entertain me with more of your bullshit, Mr. Parcelan.
Look, I totally won. He essentially backed out of both statements. Don't be welching.

We never agreed on the wager. In essence, I owe you nothing.

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 04-06-2005 07:05:27 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Sean was all like:

You going to give us a preview? Cut or uncut?

Addy
posted 04-06-2005 07:06:27 PM
Warlocks are good at solo but are "boring" during raids.

Rogues are good at solo but are just mana sponges (ranger syndrome) during raids.

I want my own mount.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-06-2005 07:06:41 PM
quote:
Snoota had this to say about (_|_):
You going to give us a preview? Cut or uncut?

I bet it's uncut. Sean's likely to have a dog dork.

Sean
posted 04-06-2005 07:07:59 PM
Excuse me while I whip this out..

Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-06-2005 07:08:13 PM
quote:
Addy Model 2000 was programmed to say:

Rogues are good at solo but are just mana sponges (ranger syndrome) during raids.

I want my own mount.

You can ride a koala bear.

Because ROGUES SMELL

Addy
posted 04-06-2005 07:08:36 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan wrote this stupid crap:

Because ROGUES SMELL

burned

Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-06-2005 07:09:52 PM
quote:
Addy's account was hax0red to write:
burned

Get lash 2 use fire resist aura lol

Addy
posted 04-06-2005 07:10:47 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan's fortune cookie read:
Get lash 2 use fire resist aura lol

ill fire resist aura u

Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-06-2005 07:11:52 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Addy stammered:
ill fire resist aura u

REPORTED FOR HARRASSMENT

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 04-06-2005 07:12:01 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:

I never backed out of any comment.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-06-2005 07:12:21 PM
quote:
Faelynn LeAndris's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
I never backed out of any comment.

I'm winning here, do you mind

Sean
posted 04-06-2005 07:13:43 PM
quote:
Then why did you try to fuck him like a bitch, Mr. Parcelan?
I'm winning here, do you mind

I don't know what Florida ballot you're keeping score on..

Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-06-2005 07:14:54 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Sean wrote:
I don't know what Florida ballot you're keeping score on..

*slaps Sean in the face with his "dangling Chad"*

Snoota
posted 04-06-2005 07:17:01 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Mr. Parcelan:

There is no such thing as a koala bear. Koalas are marsupials and do not share one single trait with the ursine family. Unless you count having fur as a "trait".

Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-06-2005 07:19:40 PM
quote:
Snoota stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
There is no such thing as a koala bear. Koalas are marsupials and do not share one single trait with the ursine family. Unless you count having fur as a "trait".

I'm not going to say "koala marsupial."

Sean
posted 04-06-2005 07:20:47 PM
Frankenstein never scared me.

Snoota
posted 04-06-2005 07:20:54 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Mr. Parcelan:
I'm not going to say "koala marsupial."

They're just called Koalas.

>:(

Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-06-2005 07:21:31 PM
quote:
Snoota had this to say about Robocop:
They're just called Koalas.

>

I'm not going to call them that, either >:[

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 04-06-2005 10:11:16 PM
quote:
Addy had this to say about Jimmy Carter:

I want my own mount.

God yes. If you DON'T die as a rogue on the general fight, you did something wrong!

Thanks to the debuff limit, I'm relegated to spending my mana tossing shadowbolts at stuff. CoS is useless since it only helps me negative resist crit on shadow bolts (Arcane missles is a channeled dot, thus does not get crits, let alone negative resist crits), which is pointless.

We killed kazzak the other night.. tried the previous night with 7 warlocks. Did it the next night with two. You be the judge.

Don't read this if you want to die a lot from Kazzak: The "trick" to kazzak is to have a FUCKING INSANE amount of DPS in 3 minutes. If he kills anyone, he gains life. His magic debuff will heal him for 25000hp (NO, I didn't add a zero) if he hits you while it's on. His CURSE debuff will drain 250 mana from you per second.. when it cannot, you EXPLODE, doing around 4k damage to everything around you. So nobody can die, a mage and priest in every group (Or CT_Raidassist for *everyone*), insane amounts of DPS, everyone ON POINT with dispels, and kill him in under 3 minutes, otherwise he goes into supreme mode and SPAMS AE shadowbolts for ~800 a hit.

Talonus
Loner
posted 04-06-2005 10:20:50 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Delphi Aegis:
God yes. If you DON'T die as a rogue on the general fight, you did something wrong!

No, it means your tank or healers suck if you die often during that fight.

Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 04-06-2005 10:22:38 PM
quote:
And the Delphi Aegis comes in the niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh-
His CURSE debuff will drain 250 mana from you per second.. when it cannot, you EXPLODE, doing around 4k damage to everything around you.

I've found that one out the hard way. Delteated half a raid like that.

Flea
Pancake
posted 04-06-2005 11:08:09 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Delphi Aegis!
His CURSE debuff will drain 250 mana from you per second.. when it cannot, you EXPLODE, doing around 4k damage to everything around you.

If he casts that on a warrior or a rogue, will they automatically explode? Or live for a second to wave goodbye to everyone, then explode?

Willias
Pancake
posted 04-06-2005 11:18:01 PM
quote:
Flea wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
If he casts that on a warrior or a rogue, will they automatically explode? Or live for a second to wave goodbye to everyone, then explode?

I've never seen a mob cast a spell that effects mana on targets that have no mana.

Gadani
U
posted 04-06-2005 11:26:07 PM
quote:
Willias probably says this to all the girls:
I've never seen a mob cast a spell that effects mana on targets that have no mana.

I have!

Those ghouls (the red undead) in Sorrow Point, Western Plaguelands.

They give me some disease that lasts for 2 or 5 minutes (I can't remember which), and drains a few HP and a lot of mana every 3 or 5 seconds.

And I"m a rogue.

Alaan
posted 04-06-2005 11:30:44 PM
I've caught a mana draining disease that was annoying because I couldn't stealth for 5 minutes.
Gadani
U
posted 04-06-2005 11:31:26 PM
quote:
Alaan had this to say about (_|_):
I've caught a mana draining disease that was annoying because I couldn't stealth for 5 minutes.

Yeah, that too.

edit:But if you wait until the mana shows as being drained (it'll appear in your combat box), and then go stealth, you can usually get an opener in.

Gadani fucked around with this message on 04-06-2005 at 11:32 PM.

Alaan
posted 04-06-2005 11:34:39 PM
quote:
Gadani's account was hax0red to write:
Yeah, that too.

edit:But if you wait until the mana shows as being drained (it'll appear in your combat box), and then go stealth, you can usually get an opener in.

I was in the south of....grah. THe zone just East of the barrens, entrance towards the south. There are pairs of elite mobs wandering the south part of it and plenty of black dragon whelps and hatchlings. Being unstealthed was bad business.

Gadani
U
posted 04-06-2005 11:35:52 PM
o
Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-06-2005 11:43:20 PM
If a Warrior or Rogue gets afflicted by Spell Bomb (250+ shadow damage every time you cast), you get bombed every time you use an ability.
Lee Taxx0r
Pancake
posted 04-07-2005 12:34:42 AM
quote:
+Spell damage and +Healing effects have been increased in effectiveness to make them more attractive to players.

I just hope they beefed it up enough. Though, I'd really like to see more items with both stats and damage bonuses.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 04-07-2005 02:28:38 AM
quote:
We were all impressed when Mr. Parcelan wrote:
If a Warrior or Rogue gets afflicted by Spell Bomb (250+ shadow damage every time you cast), you get bombed every time you use an ability.

Yes. And the instances (Like the mana draining disease from WP) had a seperate component. Having your MT randomly explode and kill your raid f'n sucks, which is why it only targets things with mana. HOPEFULLY not pets.. otherwise, um.. heh.. I might have to grief horde AH. Edit: Forgot to mention.. dying to your or someone elses' explosion (Touch of Kazzak I think it's called) infers NO durability damage. Nice when your raid wipes five or six times figuring out WTF is killing your raid but everyone has near full durability.

Oh yeah, what I find funny is that spellbomb hurts you when you use an ability, like, say a wand shot.. but when you're silenced, you can still shoot wands as if it's not a spell!

Delphi Aegis fucked around with this message on 04-07-2005 at 02:29 AM.

Delphi Aegis
posted 04-07-2005 02:30:37 AM
quote:
Talonus had this to say about Robocop:
Every class should get a quest or none should.

For an epic mount?

WRONG.

*pays royalties to Parce*

Delphi Aegis fucked around with this message on 04-07-2005 at 02:30 AM.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-07-2005 02:37:46 AM
quote:
Delphi Aegis embraced inferiority and said
For an epic mount?

WRONG.

*pays royalties to Parce*

For an epic mount, hell fucking yes.

90g is okay. 90g for 60% is fine. 90g is easy to get and 60% isn't that game-breaking.

900g is another matter. That's some serious grinding there. 100% is also a huge speed increase.

If its not a huge cost or an extreme quest, then it sure as fuck is a gyp for the other classes.

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 04-07-2005 02:41:25 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan was listening to Cher while typing:

90g is okay. 90g for 60% is fine. 90g is easy to get and 60% isn't that game-breaking.

900g is another matter. That's some serious grinding there. 100% is also a huge speed increase.

If its not a huge cost or an extreme quest, then it sure as fuck is a gyp for the other classes.

I actually agree with Parce.

Although really doesnt matter to me all that much in the long run. Not too entirely interested just yet, I still, however, dont think it's fair.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Delphi Aegis
posted 04-07-2005 02:42:04 AM
quote:
I want some of what Mr. Parcelan was smoking when they wrote this:

Have you SEEN the quests for the Succubus and felhunter? Or the one for cleansing the demonic orb? Or getting the Enchanted gold bloodrobe (That I wore till I was 60 btw)?

I wholly expect to spend hours upon hours if not DAYS finishing these quests up WITH GROUPS in instances nobody wants to f'n run anymore. I'm relegated to a f'n stonebot and summon whore in highend encounters. It may be free, but I still have to work for it, as does the paladin. (And btw, if the quest is in scholomance, YOU HAVE TO FIVE MAN IT TO GET IT. Cry another river.)

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: