EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: W0W W0TLK
Talonus
Loner
posted 07-21-2008 04:15:56 PM
So does the expansion make all of the BC content pointless, like BC did to the old content? It wouldn't be WoW without mudflation.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 07-21-2008 04:25:41 PM
quote:
Talonus had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
So does the expansion make all of the BC content pointless, like BC did to the old content? It wouldn't be an MMO without mudflation.

Fixed this for you.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 07-21-2008 04:47:20 PM
Paladins are being completely redone, Parce. We haven't seen everything and these changes are far from final
Maradon!
posted 07-21-2008 04:51:57 PM
The retnoob pally I grouped with last night was getting pretty close to me and the mage on dps.

and he was tanking

Well, closer to the mage than to me. Destro is the new... destro

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 07-21-2008 05:14:31 PM
quote:
From the book of Maradon!, chapter 3, verse 16:
The retnoob pally I grouped with last night was getting pretty close to me and the mage on dps.

and he was tanking

Well, closer to the mage than to me. Destro is the new... destro

I'm amazed that destro still seems to do well without D Sac.

What spec are you using, heavy fire?

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 07-21-2008 05:20:55 PM
Fire what? Shadowbolt spam is still #1 last I saw
Skaw
posted 07-21-2008 05:23:06 PM
quote:
Blindy. had this to say about John Romero:
My feral druid is going to be my main in the expansion, I think. Shadow priests get some cool new stuff but I'm getting tired of playing them.

Yeah, I ditched my hunter in favor of my resto shaman(easily noticable by gear in my armory profiles,) and only log on my hunter when a guild member needs something cooked or engineered up.

But honestly, the way things are going for shaman, if I continue to play when wotlk is released, I'm going back to my Hunter. Blizzard honestly doesn't understand the real issues of the class, and rather than fixing them, they just boost up the stuff we're fine with - as if we'll ignore the gaping flaws in favor of doing significantly better at what we already do. I can see why they don't know what to d. It's a hybrid class. This makes it incredibly easy to make it either overpowered, or crippled. But the problem is, it's been crippled for quite a long time, and nothing has been even attempted to try and fix things.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 07-21-2008 06:12:43 PM
quote:
Kegwen thought about the meaning of life:
Paladins are being completely redone, Parce. We haven't seen everything and these changes are far from final

I'd like to believe that, really, I would, but we've a pretty clear trend in MMOs starting from EQ: the longer a game is out, the more a company begins to resent its customers.

Even if Paladins are being reworked, it doesn't bode well that they're being reworked into some attempt at viability two expansions later. Beyond that, there's a bunch of issues that don't seem to even register as issues on Blizzard's problem radar.

-No Mage talents worthwhile
-Druid healing, already overpowered, is getting stronger. Nourish alone will be comparable to a Resto/Holy healer's spells with less mana cost and it's trained.
-Rogues are still out of control. I play one, it's fun, but I can't help but feel that it's a little cheap. Now we can remove bleed debuffs and perform four cheapshots in a row as well as remove shields and weapons.
-All this and they're introducing a class that will make others obsolete.

Blackened
posted 07-21-2008 06:15:04 PM
quote:
Kegwen.
Again? haha

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 07-21-2008 06:18:04 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Blackened wrote:
Again? haha

Seals aren't being expended when Judged and that's good.

Salvation is gone, though, renamed "Hand of Salvation." What's the difference, you might ask?

Well, while Blessing of Salvation is a 30-min. buff that reduces threat by 30%, Hand of Salvation is a 30-second buff that reduces threat by 30%, as well as healing and damage by 30%!

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 07-21-2008 06:22:01 PM
It looks like they're reworking threat completely so that threat reducing buffs aren't necessary to do everything
Maradon!
posted 07-21-2008 07:02:47 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Falaanla Marr booooze lime pole over bench lick:
I'm amazed that destro still seems to do well without D Sac.

What spec are you using, heavy fire?

Destro was always amazing even without d-sac.

I'm 0/10/51 right now, but only because I wanted to test out chaos bolt. When I get a chance I'm probably going to pull points out of destro and put them in... uh

...well I don't know. Affliction talents are only that great if you're going balls out affliction, and you need to spend 30 points in demo before you get to a talent that's worth taking.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 07-23-2008 03:03:33 AM
Is there any kind of list around of what kind of pets are tamable per the new BM talent?

Damnati fucked around with this message on 07-23-2008 at 03:12 AM.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 07-23-2008 07:27:09 AM
quote:
Damnati stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
Is there any kind of list around of what kind of pets are tamable per the new BM talent?

No because it's not yet implemented fully.

Blackedout
Pancake
posted 07-23-2008 11:11:10 AM
quote:
Damnati painfully thought these words up:

We only know one type of pet for it, and you can't do it yet, Devilsaur.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 07-23-2008 12:24:47 PM
quote:
A thousand monkeys at a thousand typewriters couldn't ever match Mr. Parcelan:
Seals aren't being expended when Judged and that's good.

Salvation is gone, though, renamed "Hand of Salvation." What's the difference, you might ask?

Well, while Blessing of Salvation is a 30-min. buff that reduces threat by 30%, Hand of Salvation is a 30-second buff that reduces threat by 30%, as well as healing and damage by 30%!

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=1038

10 second buff that removes 20% of the target's accumulated threat, 2% at a time for 10 seconds.

It's something you can cast on the retarded warlock in your group so he doesn't pull agro when he's at 120% and climbing.

Maradon!
posted 07-23-2008 04:27:45 PM
Tanks generate a buttload of threat in WotLK.

In nexus I was nuking balls out and never pulled threat even though I was topping the damage meters. We had a pally tank earlier and later switched to a warrior.

Led
*kaboom*
posted 07-25-2008 05:13:43 PM
In WOTLK, I can jump around and curbstomp people while weilding TWO gigantic axes.

I cannot wait to try it out :3

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 07-25-2008 05:26:06 PM
Do you need to be tank spec'd to be able to survive these and keep aggro or can I be ret spec and throw on tank gear to do it?

Same question for healing too. Can a healer just throw on heal gear and do alright even if they're non-heal spec?

Dr. Gee fucked around with this message on 07-25-2008 at 05:26 PM.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 07-25-2008 05:31:19 PM
Offspec should be fine while leveling. I can't see why they'd go back on this policy with this expansion
Willias
Pancake
posted 07-25-2008 05:38:12 PM
quote:
Talonus had this to say about the Spice Girls:
So does the expansion make all of the BC content pointless, like BC did to the old content? It wouldn't be WoW without mudflation.

Don't think this was ever answered.

Gear doesn't seem to be that big of a jump as it was from normal to BC content. Drops in Utgarde and Nexus seem to be around T4/Kara level gear. Except the dungeons are a lot easier and more fun/interesting.

Green items from quests seem to replace most blues from BC content. Depends on the stats of the item.

Maradon!
posted 07-25-2008 06:10:38 PM
The LK (I'm not typing out WotLK every time) gear isn't a huge upgrade - BUT - it has massive amounts of spirit. Some of the Howling Fjord quest greens that I got had 55 or more per piece.

This doesn't seem awesome, but the new game mechanics are going to begin forcing every pure caster to pay more attention to spirit. When you factor in the new benefits from spirit, the new gear will probably end up being a big upgrade after all.

So I'd say it's affirmative that all your BC epix are junk once again.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 07-25-2008 06:18:10 PM
quote:
Maradon! thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
The LK (I'm not typing out WotLK every time) gear isn't a huge upgrade - BUT - it has massive amounts of spirit. Some of the Howling Fjord quest greens that I got had 55 or more per piece.

This doesn't seem awesome, but the new game mechanics are going to begin forcing every pure caster to pay more attention to spirit. When you factor in the new benefits from spirit, the new gear will probably end up being a big upgrade after all.

So I'd say it's affirmative that all your BC epix are junk once again.

I'd honestly be really surprised if they didn't follow the formula they used with TBC.

I mean, T3 gear was enough to keep me going until Karazhan. I suspect T6/badge gear will keep everyone going until whatever the first 10-man is in LK.

Besides, Marabob. Who needs spirit? lulz lifetap, m i rite?

I don't like the idea of the spirit changes either. I always liked the idea of Warlocks being stamina/damage based casters as opposed to the mage/priest of int/damage and spi/damage

Maradon!
posted 07-25-2008 06:24:49 PM
The focus on spirit is just a way to add better gear without adding better gear.
Willias
Pancake
posted 07-25-2008 06:45:29 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis had this to say about Cuba:
I'd honestly be really surprised if they didn't follow the formula they used with TBC.

I mean, T3 gear was enough to keep me going until Karazhan. I suspect T6/badge gear will keep everyone going until whatever the first 10-man is in LK.

From what I gather, T6 starts getting replaced around level 77. Drops in the Halls of Stone are about as good as Sunwell drops.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 08-05-2008 02:08:45 PM
I just remembered a bit of fluff I was hoping to see pan out in WotLK: is Tirion Fordring involved with the Silver Hand in any fashion?
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Maradon!
posted 08-09-2008 01:55:18 PM
Lifetap changed to be based on spirit instead of spell damage.

Now grants ((3*spirit) + X) mana

X = 710 at 70 for reference

We'll pretty much have to lifetap twice as much for the same returns.

At this point I am seriously considering not even coming back to WoW, despite the fun I've been having.

Willias
Pancake
posted 08-09-2008 04:20:07 PM
maybe you should just get some spirit gear, since you get bonus health from spirit, bonus damage from spirit with fel armor, and 30% base mana regen with fel armor.

It's not like it's hard to find in LK.

Nevermind about the bonus health, that got changed back.

Willias fucked around with this message on 08-09-2008 at 04:22 PM.

Maradon!
posted 08-09-2008 04:22:18 PM
Even with spirit gear, this is a huge aggregate nerf.
Willias
Pancake
posted 08-09-2008 04:49:52 PM
It really isn't that big a deal.
Maradon!
posted 08-09-2008 04:55:20 PM
It sorta is.

With lifetap restoring almost half as much mana as it once did, AND with the mana regen demo sac removed, there will be absolutely no way we'll be able to keep up our DPS. We'll be well into the realm of elemental shamans and druids, who, unlike warlocks, bring a whole host of other benefits to a raid.

Willias
Pancake
posted 08-09-2008 04:58:25 PM
Or you can get 300 spirit and have life tap be the exact same as it is right now, along with getting spirit regen and more bonus damage with Fel Armor up?

I mean seriously, I'm a shadow priest. We really haven't gotten anything but our group mana regen utility halved. At least you're getting changes.

Willias fucked around with this message on 08-09-2008 at 05:01 PM.

Maradon!
posted 08-09-2008 05:11:29 PM
We're getting the worst changes possible.

How much +dmg do you think we'll have to give up in order to get 300 spirit? How much +sta? +crit?

There's no two ways about it, this change represents an enormous nerf.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 08-09-2008 05:16:25 PM
maradon has secret insight into level 80 itemization
Nina
posted 08-09-2008 05:22:34 PM
Maradon has slight precedents of complaining about perfectly functional classes.
nem-x
posted 08-09-2008 05:24:57 PM
Maradon!
posted 08-09-2008 05:33:44 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Kegwen who doth quote:
maradon has secret insight into level 80 itemization

Well, I sorta am in the beta.

For this shit to be balanced, they would have to completely change the entire system of stat weighing on items to add a ton of spirit on every piece of warlock gear.

They'd have to do this JUST for warlocks. Why the christ would they do that? Why would they even bother making the change at all unless it was going to either buff or nerf the class? And I doubt like hell it's going to buff them.

quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Nina who doth quote:
Maradon has slight precedents of complaining about perfectly functional classes.

And I've been right every time.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 08-09-2008 at 05:35 PM.

Willias
Pancake
posted 08-09-2008 05:33:55 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
We're getting the worst changes possible.

How much +dmg do you think we'll have to give up in order to get 300 spirit? How much +sta? +crit?

There's no two ways about it, this change represents an enormous nerf.

I don't know, and I don't think you do either.

Considering that I have gear on that gives various combinations of +damage, +crit, and +sta, along with +spirit, I don't think you're going to lose much.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 08-09-2008 05:34:55 PM
Isn't the beta capped at 77? If so, you haven't experienced anything that matters yet

That's like complaining that your Nagrand quest loot sucks

Maradon!
posted 08-09-2008 05:40:22 PM
quote:
Williasing:
I don't know, and I don't think you do either.

Considering that I have gear on that gives various combinations of +damage, +crit, and +sta, along with +spirit, I don't think you're going to lose much.

That's a pretty silly thing to say. With very few exceptions, gear with ten stats will always have drastically less of each stat than comparable gear with two or three.

quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Kegwen booooze lime pole over bench lick:
Isn't the beta capped at 77? If so, you haven't experienced anything that matters yet

That's like complaining that your Nagrand quest loot sucks

That's also a pretty silly thing to say. In BC there was no drastic new direction in gear between Nagrand and BT, nor was there in base WoW. Why on earth would there be in LK?

Also, you're suggesting that Blizzard is making changes to the game that that will nerf warlocks, only to totally negate those changes with post-77 gear, and that they're doing this for no real reason at all.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 08-09-2008 at 05:41 PM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: