EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: W0W W0TLK
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 07-18-2008 12:42:46 PM
I'd halfway want to be in the beta for wotlk, then I realized I couldn't devote time proper to testing it and i'd feel bad for taking it from someone who is obsessed as hell over the game (Like Addy). :3
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 07-18-2008 03:43:42 PM
quote:
I suppose the same could be said of all Delphi Aegiss...
I'd halfway want to be in the beta for wotlk, then I realized I couldn't devote time proper to testing it and i'd feel bad for taking it from someone who is obsessed as hell over the game (Like Addy). :3

I feel the same way. That, and I really have been disillusioned with playing unfinished products. I'd rather be blissfully ignorant until release.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 07-18-2008 04:03:28 PM
quote:
Loosely translated, Densetsu says "Kill the whales":
I feel the same way. That, and I really have been disillusioned with playing unfinished products. I'd rather be blissfully ignorant until release.

Yeah, because it will be finished at release am i rite?

CBTao
Pancake
posted 07-18-2008 05:03:37 PM
quote:
Xian thought about the meaning of life:
Last 2.

Norim - Did you want one? Not sure by your post.

Black - Sorry, I have no clue who you are dude. If I get more codes you'll be informed.

Cbtao, did I already send you one? Otherwise you will have to battle to the death over Damnati's code.

You did not send me one.

Alas, I don't believe in hitting women, so I guess Damnati gets my code.

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 07-18-2008 05:14:01 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by CBTao:
You did not send me one.

Alas, I don't believe in hitting women, so I guess Damnati gets my code.

Well played.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 07-18-2008 06:48:13 PM

Awesome.

Norim the Stumpy
Pancake
posted 07-19-2008 12:37:20 AM
i would have, but i didnt check back. my loss =) Thanks for offering anyway Xian, very kind. same as everyone else, if you have one layin around in the future, just shoot me a PM.
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 07-19-2008 12:17:48 PM
If you get a key, I'd love to be in the queue.
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 07-19-2008 03:41:41 PM
Also guys, you can opt in for a chance to get into the beta on your own. For those who didn't know.
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Willias
Pancake
posted 07-19-2008 04:10:57 PM
People in beta who have good computers:

/console extShadowQuality #

# = 0 (disables) to 6

Maradon!
posted 07-19-2008 05:47:53 PM
define "good"
Willias
Pancake
posted 07-19-2008 06:40:15 PM
Can run most modern games without them looking or running like shit.

Edit: I'm running with a dual core 2.8 ghz Intel Pentium D, a GeForce 7600GT, and 2 GB of RAM, and extShadowQuality 2 drops my fps from 70 to 15-20 for example. Makes the shadows look a lot nicer though.

ShadowQuality 0 is default.
ShadowQuality 1 is player and npc shadows.
ShadowQuality 2 is player, npc, and terrain shadows.

Higher numbers than 2 result in sharper and clearer looking shadows.

Willias fucked around with this message on 07-19-2008 at 06:44 PM.

Maradon!
posted 07-19-2008 07:45:18 PM
FUCK huge goddamn nerf to demonic embrace

Looks like they're forcing casters to focus on spirit now.

Maradon!
posted 07-19-2008 11:05:54 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Willias booooze lime pole over bench lick:
Can run most modern games without them looking or running like shit.

Edit: I'm running with a dual core 2.8 ghz Intel Pentium D, a GeForce 7600GT, and 2 GB of RAM, and extShadowQuality 2 drops my fps from 70 to 15-20 for example. Makes the shadows look a lot nicer though.

ShadowQuality 0 is default.
ShadowQuality 1 is player and npc shadows.
ShadowQuality 2 is player, npc, and terrain shadows.

Higher numbers than 2 result in sharper and clearer looking shadows.

Anything above 4 gave me a totally garbled display

Willias
Pancake
posted 07-19-2008 11:14:06 PM
Well, it's not like it's completely implemented yet, so there's probably some bugs with it.

Hopefully Blizzard works any problems out with the shadows though, and it becomes a nice extra feature of Lich King.

Maradon!
posted 07-19-2008 11:57:52 PM
Chaos bolt pierces paladin bubble apparently

And everything else, including shadow absorb...

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 07-19-2008 at 11:58 PM.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 07-20-2008 12:50:54 AM
I hope no one had the poor foresight to roll a Priest or Shaman. Druids now not only have the most effective spells, now they heal higher, conserve more mana and actually restore mana to themselves.
Maradon!
posted 07-20-2008 01:06:23 AM
Keep in mind that the talents change pretty drastically every time there's an update
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 07-20-2008 01:15:22 AM
quote:
Maradon! said this about your mom:
FUCK huge goddamn nerf to demonic embrace

Looks like they're forcing casters to focus on spirit now.

I guess you haven't seen the Demonic Sacrifice buttraping yet.

Willias
Pancake
posted 07-20-2008 01:26:18 AM
Wait, what Parce?

Chain Heal is still awesome.
Earth Shield is still a reactive heal (no overheal on it).
Water Shield now procs on crit Lesser and normal Healing Wave.
Chain Heal now speeds up the cast time of Lesser and normal Healing Wave.
Crit Healing Wave and Lesser Healing Wave now heal 2 targets.
Elemental Focus now reduces mana cost of healing spells as well as damage spells (a couple of days ago it triggered on Healing Wave and Lesser Healing Wave, looks like it's back to just triggering on damage spells, I expect it to change back though).

On top of the totem changes? Shamans aren't doing bad at all in terms of healing.

Edit: And quite frankly, Soul Link looks like it should be awesome for mitigation.
And then there's Earthliving Weapon on top of that.

Willias fucked around with this message on 07-20-2008 at 01:29 AM.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 07-20-2008 01:31:17 AM
Let's say Maradon has a 6-inch cock.

It does alright, satisfies the ladies and he rarely has any complaints.

Then Delidgamond comes up with an amalgamation of horse and hellbeast that women refer to only as "Sword of Damocles."

Suddenly, Maradon's penis is pretty small.

Do you get the analogy? Because I can go gayer.

Maradon!
posted 07-20-2008 01:35:59 AM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Willias booooze lime pole over bench lick:
Edit: And quite frankly, Soul Link looks like it should be awesome for mitigation.

15% damage shunted off to your pet with no other bonuses is stupid and lame and stupidly lame, even for a third tier talent.

Demo tree is now the tree for noobs named Xxillidanxx who want lol demon form.

Willias
Pancake
posted 07-20-2008 01:43:43 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
Let's say Maradon has a 6-inch cock.

It does alright, satisfies the ladies and he rarely has any complaints.

Then Delidgamond comes up with an amalgamation of horse and hellbeast that women refer to only as "Sword of Damocles."

Suddenly, Maradon's penis is pretty small.

Do you get the analogy? Because I can go gayer.

See, I was just looking at the talents and didn't quite get what you were saying.

I just looked at the base abilities.

Yeah, druid heals will probably get toned down, or priests and shamans will get buffed up.

Willias
Pancake
posted 07-20-2008 01:45:53 AM
quote:
Maradon! stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
15% damage shunted off to your pet with no other bonuses is stupid and lame and stupidly lame, even for a third tier talent.

Demo tree is now the tree for noobs named Xxillidanxx who want lol demon form.

I was actually talking about Spirit Link (got the name wrong), which is a 51 point talent for Resto shamans. Allows the shaman to link two targets together, damage to either target causes 50% damage to both of the Spirit Linked characters.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 07-20-2008 02:52:15 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Willias said:
See, I was just looking at the talents and didn't quite get what you were saying.

I just looked at the base abilities.

Yeah, druid heals will probably get toned down, or priests and shamans will get buffed up.

Druid heals were overpowered long ago and showed no signs of getting toned down. I sincerely doubt things will change.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 07-20-2008 03:13:07 AM
quote:
Infectious Poisons: Increases the damage caused by your Instant Poison and Deadly Poison by 20%. In addition, when a target you've poisoned is healed or cured, there is a 100% chance the poison afflicts the healer.

In WOTLK: mut rogue/priest > druid/*

Also druid dispel resistance wont affect abolish anymore woo

Skaw
posted 07-20-2008 06:23:08 AM
quote:
Willias had this to say about John Romero:

On top of the totem changes? Shamans aren't doing bad at all in terms of healing.

Physical school totems mean nothing if they can still be one shot by a naked level 1. And ofcourse, still can't drop while stunned/CCed. Or locked out of all abilities irregardless of which school they're in.

Hooray, I can continue to waste mana dropping totems while silenced or counterspelled.

Skaw fucked around with this message on 07-20-2008 at 06:29 AM.

Taeldian
Pancake
posted 07-20-2008 11:54:15 AM
Funny, after finishing reading the new talents I was thinking Shamans were getting hooked up pretty nicely.

Shamans, at the very least, bring enough unique abilities to the table to help compensate for the healing advantage Druids might end up with.

Taeldian fucked around with this message on 07-20-2008 at 11:57 AM.

Willias
Pancake
posted 07-20-2008 12:10:26 PM
quote:
Skaw had this to say about John Romero:
Physical school totems mean nothing if they can still be one shot by a naked level 1. And ofcourse, still can't drop while stunned/CCed. Or locked out of all abilities irregardless of which school they're in.

Hooray, I can continue to waste mana dropping totems while silenced or counterspelled.

Stoneskin Totem gives armor.
Windfury Totem gives 20% melee haste. 24% with talents. This stacks with Bloodlust.
Wrath of Air totem gives 10% spell haste.
Strength of Earth gives STR and AGI.
Flametongue Totem gives spell power.

Those totem changes. Along with the fact that in a raid, they're now AoE-based instead of group based.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 07-20-2008 02:01:17 PM
I know I'm out of touch since I quit WoW, but when did they come out with a World of the Lion King expansion, and why?

Bloodsage fucked around with this message on 07-20-2008 at 02:01 PM.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Aaron (the good one)
posted 07-20-2008 02:07:04 PM
quote:
Rockstar games presents; Bloodsage;
I know I'm out of touch since I quit WoW, but when did they come out with a World of the Lion King expansion, and why?

GB2Europe

Aaron (the good one) fucked around with this message on 07-20-2008 at 02:07 PM.

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Willias
Pancake
posted 07-20-2008 03:46:19 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about dark elf butts:
Anything above 4 gave me a totally garbled display

post feedback in heres

Did Utgarde's 70 instance, and Nexus' 71 instance.

Gear drops seem about equal to Heroic Magister's Terrace.

Utgarde is freakin' easy.

Nexus has some really neat fights, but the final boss (the red dragon) will kick your ass if you don't know what to do. He has a room wide AoE debuff that does frost damage over time and reduces your cast speed by 10% each time it lands on you. It stacks at least 9 times. Apparently, to prevent the debuff, you need to move around.

Skaw
posted 07-20-2008 04:12:12 PM
quote:
Willias stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
Stoneskin Totem gives armor.
Windfury Totem gives 20% melee haste. 24% with talents. This stacks with Bloodlust.
Wrath of Air totem gives 10% spell haste.
Strength of Earth gives STR and AGI.
Flametongue Totem gives spell power.

Those totem changes. Along with the fact that in a raid, they're now AoE-based instead of group based.

Those really do nothing to fix Shaman's crippling PvP weaknesses. Or the fact that Elemental and Enhancement have no aggro dumps, and Resto's will either proc or not(granted, it's hard to get top threat as resto.)

Greenlit
posted 07-20-2008 04:24:44 PM
quote:
Willias had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Apparently, to prevent the debuff, you need to move around.

wow

Willias
Pancake
posted 07-20-2008 05:00:05 PM
quote:
Skaw was listening to Cher while typing:
Those really do nothing to fix Shaman's crippling PvP weaknesses. Or the fact that Elemental and Enhancement have no aggro dumps, and Resto's will either proc or not(granted, it's hard to get top threat as resto.)

True that, but it looks like tanks will be generating more threat in WotLK, so hopefully that helps.

For PvP, I really hope that they put back in Imp. Shamanistic Rage. Resto shamans should be able to get around CC with Spirit Link, and Astral Shift should really help Elemental shamans.

quote:
wow

Well, that's what we thought countered it anyway. Either way, standing still during the fight will build up a 1k+/second frost DoT on you, and the dragon will randomly root members in place (which needs to be removed to prevent the DoT/debuff from stacking). On top of that, the dragon is constantly using a cone damage effect on the tank, and getting any where near its' tail hurts you and sends you flying ala Onyxia.

The debuff actually builds up pretty quickly, and on our second attempt, killed 2 level 70 hunters (one in t6/sunwell) in under 15 seconds.

Some fights really aren't that difficult yet (Utgarde is ridiculously easy, blew through it in ~35 minutes), while others are interesting and challenging. I expect a lot of it to change as beta progresses.

Edit: I mean, we pretty much 4 manned the entire Nexus dungeon. We only had a problem with the last boss and that's due to not knowing how to counter the debuff effect. Nexus is intended for players level 71 to 73, we were all 70.

Willias fucked around with this message on 07-20-2008 at 05:01 PM.

Greenlit
posted 07-21-2008 01:37:32 AM
I think you took my 'wow' as completely opposite of how it was intended.
Willias
Pancake
posted 07-21-2008 01:42:07 AM
I took it as sarcasm. That isn't how you intended it?
Greenlit
posted 07-21-2008 05:05:56 AM
That's right.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 07-21-2008 05:14:48 AM
This whole expansion reeks as far as class balance goes.

Death Knights come out and they get all these awesome abilities they can throw around: fucking nice. This may be the only time Blizzard has done something original.

Then the talents come out and the big three are still on top: Rogues, Warriors and Druids all outshine everybody. Tough luck, Mages, Paladins and Hunters. Things are unchanged, suggesting that Blizzard prefers a status quo to heavy lifting.

Achievements? Lake Wintergrasp? WAR has more of them and better.

WoW will be the true game for fags.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 07-21-2008 08:15:04 AM
My feral druid is going to be my main in the expansion, I think. Shadow priests get some cool new stuff but I'm getting tired of playing them.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: