EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: The definitive BC thread
Goma
Pancake
posted 01-16-2007 10:36:26 PM
I so totally hand my hands on a copy of BC before any of you other dudes. Thats the benefit of being the furthest east you can possibly go.

Unless of course you're super cool and got it in advance... somehow.

Yeah. I'm cool

*sigh*

Willias
Pancake
posted 01-16-2007 10:55:11 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by New Age Bane:
Best Buy had a whole lot, a little display upfront with the Expansion and the Original, also a cool World Map thats up on my wall right now.

So yay where are all the cool kids playing?

If you're even the slightest fan of Penny Arcade, you can get in various guilds with many cool people on Dark Iron, Alliance side.

PAA is still alive and kickin. Has like 10+ smaller guilds now though instead of 3 or 4 huge ones.

Led
*kaboom*
posted 01-17-2007 12:00:44 AM
If anyone wants to play on a PvP server, I can give you help on Bleeding Hollow. Soem goldz and mebbe sum pwrlvlz. Pvp rawr
Taeldian
Pancake
posted 01-17-2007 12:10:54 AM
My mage went from being a fresh 59 with an empty experience bar and 120 +damage/2600 HP to an almost 61 mage with 307 +damage and 3200 HP in the space of about 7 hours.

Taeldian fucked around with this message on 01-17-2007 at 12:12 AM.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 01-17-2007 12:13:37 AM
Yea, if you arn't epic out the ass there are some hot greens out there. I even found some blue shoulders from a level 64 quest that are better then my mantel of the blackwing cabal. I need to find a group to get that thing done.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 01-17-2007 01:27:18 AM
quote:
Naimah had this to say about John Romero:
Yea, if you arn't epic out the ass there are some hot greens out there. I even found some blue shoulders from a level 64 quest that are better then my mantel of the blackwing cabal. I need to find a group to get that thing done.

The cenarion expedition quest to go plant a seed?

.. Yeah. I solo'd that. :/

Blackened
posted 01-17-2007 02:38:17 AM

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 01-17-2007 03:57:01 AM
quote:
Delphi Aegis had this to say about Cuba:
The cenarion expedition quest to go plant a seed?

.. Yeah. I solo'd that. :/

I'm just not sure I could kite an elite +3 in the middle of a bunch of other elites.

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 01-17-2007 04:05:14 AM
Jesus Christ, I want to start playing again but I have literally no time for this shit anymore.

It's an odd feeling.

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 01-17-2007 08:35:14 AM
My guild leader replaced 4 pieces of bloodfang from doing two 5mans yesterday, heh. Gogo ludicrous blues!
Ryuujin
posted 01-17-2007 10:30:36 AM
quote:
Falaanla Marr thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Jesus. And this is in Morehead.

Wow.

My weirdest moment during the whole night was when I was standing in line and talking with a few people about the expansion when I heard a *click* behind me. I turn around and see this greasy-haired Dirtcrotch taking a picture of my ass.

Me: "...What are you doing?"
Him: "Don't worry, it's not going on the internet. It's going in my personal collection if it makes you feel any better."
Me: "That does NOT make me feel better AT ALL."

Weirdos.

New Age Bane
Waste Management Crisis
posted 01-17-2007 11:57:43 AM
A level 70 already.
What am I supposed to in here again? Oh yes something witty and oh so pretty!
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 01-17-2007 12:19:32 PM
Meh.

There are 8,000,000 people playing the game. Being the first at anything is not very easy.

Anakha's Wii
Pancake
posted 01-17-2007 02:19:49 PM
quote:
Ryuujin had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
greasy-haired Dirtcrotch

What the hell is a dirtcrotch?
"From the depths of my parent's basement, thy has truly struck a blow for nonconformity."
Led
*kaboom*
posted 01-17-2007 05:04:30 PM
Wow. I do not even have BC yet but I just replaced my purple mainhand and very good blue legs with two greens from the AH. Both were incredible upgrades, the legs alone gave me 230 more hitpoints x_x
Mr. Parcelan
posted 01-17-2007 05:54:34 PM
I just got a copy from Target. That was PRETTY LUCKY, guys
Talonus
Loner
posted 01-17-2007 06:59:30 PM
quote:
Verily, Led doth proclaim:
Wow. I do not even have BC yet but I just replaced my purple mainhand and very good blue legs with two greens from the AH. Both were incredible upgrades, the legs alone gave me 230 more hitpoints x_x

Purchasing anything is a waste. You'll gear yourself in gear better than .5 within the first few quests, and even replace some tier 1/2 not long after that.

On a side note, I love those with too much cash. One vein in the Outlands can easily be worth over 50g.

Maradon!
posted 01-17-2007 08:22:46 PM
quote:
Talonusing:
Purchasing anything is a waste. You'll gear yourself in gear better than .5 within the first few quests, and even replace some tier 1/2 not long after that.

On a side note, I love those with too much cash. One vein in the Outlands can easily be worth over 50g.

People are buying level 1-15 greens for a gold each.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 01-17-2007 09:24:59 PM
Money comes in so quick in Outlands that small, i.e. 3-5g, almost doesn't matter anymore.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 01-17-2007 09:45:27 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
I just got a copy from Target. That was PRETTY LUCKY, guys

WalMart here had about eight bajillion copies.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Mightion Defensor
posted 01-17-2007 10:46:03 PM
quote:
From the Book of Armaments, Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael did read;
WalMart here had about eight bajillion copies.

Lyinar.

Jania.

Blood Elven Huntress.

GET IT?

C'mon, get a move on convincing her.

Led
*kaboom*
posted 01-17-2007 11:51:23 PM
quote:
Talonus had this to say about Tron:

I do not even have BC yet Plus, I am only 57. Better weapon + more eich-pees makes things easiers.

There was an awesome blue axe for sale in the AH, too. Blue one at level 61. Pointy, and ON FIRE. With awesome stats.

And it was blue!

The oranges are going to be scary x_x

Kennatsu
huļæ½mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 01-18-2007 02:18:00 AM
Ugh... I'll stick with my BE Priest on Bleeding Hollow for now. Logging in to Elune is hell. Sometimes I'm at 1000+ in the queue and I end up waiting at least a half hour before I can even play. -_-
Led
*kaboom*
posted 01-18-2007 02:23:17 AM
Elune is still crazy? I thought they opened up transfers off of that server long ago.

Glad I stopped playing there if the queues are 1k+ ;p

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 01-18-2007 04:26:12 AM
I know that Earthen Ring was up over 500 earlier today. Despite at least one transfer having already been done. I know that they opened up transfers yet again for most of the 'old servers'.

Now that I can play a Shaman without abandoning everyone I normally play with I have to decide if I'm going to level it to 70, or get the Mage and/or Rogue the last 10 levels.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 01-18-2007 07:42:04 AM
queue on Elune was 300 last night. Most nights there isn't a queue.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-18-2007 08:42:30 AM
I keep thinking this thread is talking about Battlecruisers.

Fuck the EVE Online forums and their lingo working its way into my brain.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 01-19-2007 07:11:42 AM
Nerf Draenei Priests! We have a group mana regen buff every 5 minutes! ;D
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 01-19-2007 09:29:47 AM
I found it so funny you first talk to the Draenei Shaman trainer that he says to the effect, "You're one of the few to follow the old ways of Draenor. Most of your kind follow the Light instead of our shaman traditions", when about 95% of the Draenei player base is Shamans right now.
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Blindy.
posted 01-19-2007 09:32:17 AM
Draenei are pretty much the best choice for every class now. Especially priests and warriors.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 01-19-2007 02:47:26 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about Optimus Prime:
queue on Elune was 300 last night. Most nights there isn't a queue.

It should be fixed soon, i get a feeling elune is going to get split. It was over 600 at one point.

Maradon!
posted 01-19-2007 02:51:12 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Falaanla Marr booooze lime pole over bench lick:
It should be fixed soon, i get a feeling elune is going to get split. It was over 600 at one point.

Doomhammer too, although I'm not sure about that... many, many people voluntarily left doomhammer.

forced server splits... sadf

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 01-19-2007 02:53:13 PM
quote:
Maradon! was listening to Cher while typing:
Doomhammer too, although I'm not sure about that... many, many people voluntarily left doomhammer.

forced server splits... sadf

Yes. Very sadf.

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 01-19-2007 03:17:01 PM
quote:
Katrinity was listening to Cher while typing:
I found it so funny you first talk to the Draenei Shaman trainer that he says to the effect, "You're one of the few to follow the old ways of Draenor. Most of your kind follow the Light instead of our shaman traditions", when about 95% of the Draenei player base is Shamans right now.

Over on ER it's about 65% shaman now. Most people made one to check out the new race, get their /silly and /flirt on and then gave up before hitting level 10.

Although the amount of Leather armor with +AP from noob quests makes me think they WANT the Draenei to be Enhancement Shammies.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 01-19-2007 03:33:55 PM
The best part about this expansion is that Alliance will finally realize that shamans really aren't the overpowered death machines that they think they are

They will probably realize how crazy paladins are, though.

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 01-19-2007 04:03:49 PM
So far I'm pulling off things with a low level shaman that I can only duplicate with a Rogue. Not quite as efficiently at times (that whole Mana bar thing sucks) but walking away from multi-higher-level-target fights is still nice.

And no, I haven't uber-pimped the character either. Just the quest rewards (which do seem to be a bit overpowered in comparison)

Maradon!
posted 01-19-2007 04:08:00 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Random Insanity Generator booooze lime pole over bench lick:
So far I'm pulling off things with a low level shaman that I can only duplicate with a Rogue. Not quite as efficiently at times (that whole Mana bar thing sucks) but walking away from multi-higher-level-target fights is still nice.

And no, I haven't uber-pimped the character either. Just the quest rewards (which do seem to be a bit overpowered in comparison)

Wow, so you're doing things with a shaman that you could only duplicate with a class that solos very, very poorly?

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 01-19-2007 04:10:23 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Wow, so you're doing things with a shaman that you could only duplicate with a class that solos very, very poorly?

Rogues solo poorly? Since when?

Mr. Parcelan
posted 01-19-2007 04:11:39 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Cuba:

I think he was trying to make a weak attempt to make a comment on how godly shamans are supposed to be. Unfortunately, both rogues and shamans have been off the top of the chart for ages now. Warlocks and Hunters all the way now.

As for me, I'm having a lot of fun with my Paladin. A little slower than my Warrior, but it's nice to no longer be irrelevant and useless and actually have three talent trees to use.

Blindy.
posted 01-19-2007 04:11:49 PM
Rogues don't solo several mobs at once very well... but i wouldn't say they solo very, very poorly.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: