EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: The definitive BC thread
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 01-23-2007 05:03:59 PM
I've yet to come across a Mage at level 60 that I could actually kill with my Rogue without them being AFK or retarded. Fire Mages simply blink, poly, and then two-shot me with fireball/pyroblast + fireblast. All the others simply blink and run the fuck away. >:[

What IS it with people fucking running away from me in PvP?! It's like...it's like...they know.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Maradon!
posted 01-23-2007 05:08:31 PM
<circumstantial evidence>, so I think <class> is <good/bad> but I suppose that depends on <talent spec>
Aaron (the good one)
posted 01-23-2007 06:41:16 PM
quote:
Densetsu likes the cock and also said this;
I've yet to come across a Mage at level 60 that I could actually kill with my Rogue without them being AFK or retarded. Fire Mages simply blink, poly, and then two-shot me with fireball/pyroblast + fireblast. All the others simply blink and run the fuck away. >:[

What IS it with people fucking running away from me in PvP?! It's like...it's like...they know.

Ambush Mutilate CB Deadly Throw?

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 01-23-2007 07:38:41 PM
quote:
Taeldian had this to say about Cuba:
It all depends on how quickly you can react. Yeah, a frost mage can hit ice barrier/ice block the moment he realizes something is wrong, but you need to remember that Dragon's Breath is also a very powerful defensive ability.

Never really looked at DB as a defensive measure... Granted I haven't looked at much of fire past it's old 31 point setup so the last 1/4th of the page is almost unknown to me.

And if you're standing around after being sheeped then it's your fault for burning your trinket/cooldown ability too soon. The only way I can see a Fireball->Fire Blast combo being deadly is if you're against someone who's spec'ed far enough Arcane for Presence of Mind.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Blackened
posted 01-23-2007 11:07:26 PM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator.
Never really looked at DB as a defensive measure... Granted I haven't looked at much of fire past it's old 31 point setup so the last 1/4th of the page is almost unknown to me.
man I wish I had enough pure WoW skill that I could ignore a chunck of whatever talent trees don't catch my eye

Maybe then I could spec protection as a warrior and go pvp!

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 01-23-2007 11:09:01 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Vorago:
Yeah, as has been said before... BE's don't "lack" any stats, no more than any other race. At 60 you are looking at a difference of like 3 points max from another race in a stat, at most. Race is about cosmetics and the racial abilities you prefer. And what the hell would you DO with strength as a priest anyways? O_o

Secondly... priest... solo? Good god man shadow. Going holy while solo'ing is just purposefully gimping yourself hardcore :\

Ugh... I'll keep all of that in mind... And I guess it would be good to go Shadow since this priest is on a PvP server and I'll be trying out some of the battlegrounds when I'm ready for them.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 01-23-2007 11:24:57 PM
quote:
Blackened wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
man I wish I had enough pure WoW skill that I could ignore a chunck of whatever talent trees don't catch my eye

Maybe then I could spec protection as a warrior and go pvp!

I never noticed that it had any kind of 'protective' application because I didn't jerk off over it when it was put in. I looked at it, laughed about it for a little bit and then went to look at the Water Pet that Ice Mages got because it was more interesting and I knew I'd never have enough free points to get that deep in the Fire talent tree. *shrug* I don't know most of what's at the bottom of the Rogue Subtlety tree either. The only reason I have any memory of what's at the bottom of Assassination was I pondered going Assassin/Combat instead of Combat/Assassin. I'm sure if I had nothing better to do with the time I could commit all trees to memory, but what good would that do?

And going to PVP should not *REQUIRE* a spec. Sure some are better suited to it than others, but if I opt to play a round or 3 of AB or WSG or AV on a given night simply because I'm bored it's my choice. You seem to think I'm complaining about being killed in PVP because of some spec issue and I'm not. I stated fact for my character. The fact that you want to do nothing but PVP is fine... the fact that I generally dislike PVP is the same.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Maradon!
posted 01-24-2007 01:31:29 AM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Random Insanity Generator who doth quote:
And going to PVP should not *REQUIRE* a spec.

It doesn't, but killing people does, and that just happens to be how you win at PVP.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 01-24-2007 01:56:56 AM
quote:
Your words are as empty as your soul! Mankind ill needs a savior such as Delidgamond!
Ambush Mutilate CB Deadly Throw?

He was complaining about Shadowsteppers, and you mentioned talents so far down in a completely different tree than no Shadowstep Rogue will ever have them. Plus I said at 60, so that leaves out Deadly Throw.

And all of this negates blink + poly + 2-shot combo how?

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Greenlit
posted 01-24-2007 02:03:29 AM
My Mage is sitting at around 4khp unbuffed at 62 because I'm a total crit rating whore. I still take it up the ass from the occasional Rogue ambush/CB evisc combo.

Really all you can do is aim to outgear your opponent and hope for the best. Get that biggest, nastiest dagger you can and pray.

Taeldian
Pancake
posted 01-24-2007 12:13:58 PM
quote:
Densetsu's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
He was complaining about Shadowsteppers, and you mentioned talents so far down in a completely different tree than no Shadowstep Rogue will ever have them. Plus I said at 60, so that leaves out Deadly Throw.

And all of this negates blink + poly + 2-shot combo how?

By throwing a blind or a vanish into the middle of it.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 01-24-2007 06:42:53 PM
quote:
It was not by my hand that I am once again given flesh! I was called here by Taeldian who wishes to pay me tribute!
By throwing a blind or a vanish into the middle of it.

If you don't blink, then yes, Blind would be good for getting back into stealth and ambushing you again. But...you will blink, won't you?

Vanish will allow me to avoid the polymorph right after you blink. But it will also allow you to simply mount up and run away, too. Even if I hit sprint, then prep, then sprint again I won't catch you while stealthed. And that's with max Camoflauge. If I'm lucky, I might be able to get close enough to shadowstep, but thanks to the built-in time lag, you'll probably be out of range of anything I can actually do to you after I use it.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 01-24-2007 07:08:05 PM
Blind isn't a melee move, abuse it's range to beat blink.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 01-24-2007 07:18:13 PM
wait wait wait...

Silvanus got to keep her elbows?

what a rip.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 01-24-2007 07:18:34 PM
Blink: 20 yards.
Blind: 10 yards.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 01-24-2007 07:20:14 PM
I don't think I've ever been blinded.
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 01-24-2007 07:29:29 PM
Mages have to stop or come within ~10 yards to apply damage. They blink and try to poly, you book it towards them and blind, getting a second drop on them. The Rogue/Mage fight is a complete crap shoot on who wins. Rogues have a counter to pretty much everything a Mage can do. All it takes is 3 or 4 clean shots and the mage is done. A Mage either needs to create enough space to use a 2.5-3s spell to apply a meaningful amount of damage or rely on fireblast, cone of cold, and arcane explosion to do damage, which is slow.

A Rogue beats a Mage in short bursts, disable->big hit->disable->big hit, etc. as long as that keeps going a Mage has to rely on their weaker and set up spells.

Taeldian
Pancake
posted 01-24-2007 07:34:35 PM
Rogue Cheap Shots
Mage Blinks
Mage starts casting Polymorph
Rogue Vanishes before Polymorph finishes and Cheap Shots Mage
Mage's Blink is down. Mage dies.

Rogue Ambushes, maybe gets a backstab/evisc off
Mage Blinks
Mage starts casting Polymorph
Rogue Blinds before Polymorph finishes and Ambushes Mage
Mage dies.

There are ways for the mage to win in both of these situations, but it sure as hell isn't as easy as Blink->Polymorph->2-shot if the rogue is on top of his game and has a couple of cooldowns up.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 01-24-2007 10:31:09 PM
What the fuck happened to Frost Nova?

All the Mage has to do is hear the "whoosh" and that Rogue is dead.

Blackened
posted 01-24-2007 10:38:09 PM
A decent rogue with all his cooldowns available will be able to kill pretty much any caster, and that's probably intended

yup

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Greenlit
posted 01-24-2007 10:38:17 PM
Most Rogues worth their shit have Improved Sprint, which now removes all movement impairing effects when activated.
Blindy.
posted 01-25-2007 12:33:26 AM
pft. rogue vs warlock or shadowpriest = dead rogue.
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 01-25-2007 04:51:29 PM
quote:
Your words are as empty as your soul! Mankind ill needs a savior such as Blindy.!
pft. rogue vs warlock or shadowpriest = dead rogue.

I actually have no problem killing Warlocks.

Blindy.
posted 01-26-2007 08:24:20 AM
quote:
A thousand monkeys at a thousand typewriters couldn't ever match Densetsu:
I actually have no problem killing Warlocks.

You must have some crappy warlocks on your server.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: