EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: A fiddler on the roof
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 10-12-2006 04:17:36 PM
It's really fuckin' funny that you had to dig up threads from 2 years ago to find something written by Bloodsage that someone considered funny.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'baeI
Pancake
posted 10-12-2006 04:52:11 PM
quote:
Bloodsage probably says this to all the girls:
Who'd of thunk you guys would take Waiz for your patron saint and aspire so hard to be like him?

Pretty sad, but if that's all you can aspire to I guess you have to stay within your limits.

You're right, you're the only intelligent one here out of all of us.

I'm glad you've got the wherewithal and constitution to stick around and set us straight.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy,original modified by me

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 10-12-2006 05:01:30 PM
I didn't say I was the only intelligent one, but any time you think you can hang, feel free to tell us why you're so much better.

As for the other, it's you who are deciding that you know what's best for everyone else in terms of your juvenile attempts to liven things up by trolling. You're just the bratty little kid who can't handle the adults being quiet and so throws a fit or does something else disruptive just to get attention.

Are you really so stupid you think the only way to be entertaining is by trolling and breaking the rules?

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 10-12-2006 05:01:52 PM
Don't worry, dude. Speaking as someone who appreciates good humor, you weren't that funny either. Inside jokes, per definition, have to have such a narrow range of applicability and a lack of mass-appeal that they can't be found funny to an average, uninformed person.

EDIT: Dur, the above is direct and Mr. Gimmick account, of course. HURRRR

Karnaj fucked around with this message on 10-12-2006 at 05:02 PM.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Anakha
my standards skyrocket when im on my keyboard heh
posted 10-12-2006 05:08:47 PM
quote:
This one time, at Mr. Parcelan camp:
You guys are ruining my thread about Fiddler on the Roof.

How am I supposed to bargain Sean off to Lazer Wolf if you won't act civil?

Well, maybe if youd get off your ass and moderate, then maybe this thread could have been about Fiddler on the Roof.

"Buzz Beer, the beer of attainable women!"
"You try balancing a cow on the end of a fencepost to wield it like a club. Thats a physical damn challenge!"
"The only problem i have is too much aggro."
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 10-12-2006 05:38:46 PM
Am I really going to be the first one to say to Bloodsage, "If you don't like it, leave"?
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 10-12-2006 05:42:28 PM
quote:
Channeling the spirit of Sherlock Holmes, Delphi Aegis absently fondled Watson and proclaimed:
Am I really going to be the first one to say to Bloodsage, "If you don't like it, leave"?

That's about the dumbest thing you've said in a year or so.

Is it honestly your contention that anyone who doesn't agree with trolling in a manner specifically forbidden by the rules should leave rather than expect the mods to do their jobs? I always knew you lacked a spine, but this is pretty ridiculous.

Bloodsage fucked around with this message on 10-12-2006 at 05:43 PM.

Greenlit
posted 10-12-2006 05:44:22 PM
Look out, he's breaking out the big guns!
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 10-12-2006 05:55:14 PM
quote:
Bloodsage was naked while typing this:
That's about the dumbest thing you've said in a year or so.

Is it honestly your contention that anyone who doesn't agree with trolling in a manner specifically forbidden by the rules should leave rather than expect the mods to do their jobs? I always knew you lacked a spine, but this is pretty ridiculous.

And if you don't like the way the community is heading, there's nothing stopping you from, oh, I don't know, not looking at EverCrest ever again.

Plenty of other forum communities that'll enjoy your circle-jerk-a-riffic "I'm always right" attitude. Here it's grown rather tiresome, if you ask me.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'baeI
Pancake
posted 10-12-2006 07:28:04 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about Pirotess:
I didn't say I was the only intelligent one, but any time you think you can hang, feel free to tell us why you're so much better.

As for the other, it's you who are deciding that you know what's best for everyone else in terms of your juvenile attempts to liven things up by trolling. You're just the bratty little kid who can't handle the adults being quiet and so throws a fit or does something else disruptive just to get attention.

Are you really so stupid you think the only way to be entertaining is by trolling and breaking the rules?

All I'm saying is, if you are a cut above, you don't have to stay. Don't like where the community is headed? FQLLFM

Nobody's making you stay. You have been voicing a lot of concern about it lately. You don't have to stick around to do anything about it. We won't take any offense if you and your big brain head off to a more deserving internet message board.

You don't have to flame half of the board on your way out, either. What was that about Waisz, the patron saint?

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'baeI fucked around with this message on 10-12-2006 at 07:29 PM.

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty

Willias
Pancake
posted 10-12-2006 08:32:19 PM
I didn't realize that one had to be funny to be considered a decent poster.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'baeI
Pancake
posted 10-12-2006 08:33:55 PM
quote:
Willias had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
I didn't realize that one had to be funny to be considered a decent poster.

I didn't realize one had to read in order to be considered not retarded.

Willias
Pancake
posted 10-12-2006 08:44:45 PM
quote:
And Bloodsage is never funny. He should be limited to only posting in and threads.

quote:
You offer nothing to my comment that all you do is look for people breaking the rules. You don't have to post, you know? You're as useless as I am. Actually, more useless. Nobody has said "I laughed a at Bloodsage's general stick-up-his-assishness and backseat rule enforcing."

While you're right that the community doesn't need me, you are just as much a "waste of gravity." You're some middle-aged fag telling a bunch of kids on an internet message board what they can and can't do. Congratulations. Get a life, homo.

Wait. What?

Essentially you are telling him to leave because he doesn't "appreciate" the recent pranks on these forums. Because his sense of humor doesn't match up to your own, and because he believes that those who break the rules of these forums should still be punished as they would have been once upon a time, you are telling him to leave.

And I'm retarded? Besides your moronic prank, what else have you contributed to this community that's actually slightly useful?

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 10-12-2006 08:47:29 PM
So let me ask something, Mr. Gimmick, because I don't want to jump to conclusions if I can avoid it. Is the motivation behind this just to piss people off? Or is there an inside joke to be played solely for the amusement of certain parties? I speak, of course, in the vaguest terms not to sound aloof or faggoty beyond my normal capacity, but because I don't pretend to be privy to any so-called behind the scenes information.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'baeI
Pancake
posted 10-12-2006 08:58:59 PM
quote:
Willias's fortune cookie read:
Wait. What?

Essentially you are telling him to leave because he doesn't "appreciate" the recent pranks on these forums. Because his sense of humor doesn't match up to your own, and because he believes that those who break the rules of these forums should still be punished as they would have been once upon a time, you are telling him to leave.

And I'm retarded? Besides your moronic prank, what else have you contributed to this community that's actually slightly useful?

That was last page.

And contrary to popular belief, moaning and whining doesn't solve anything.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'baeI
Pancake
posted 10-12-2006 09:01:20 PM
quote:
From the book of Karnaj, chapter 3, verse 16:
So let me ask something, Mr. Gimmick, because I don't want to jump to conclusions if I can avoid it. Is the motivation behind this just to piss people off? Or is there an inside joke to be played solely for the amusement of certain parties? I speak, of course, in the vaguest terms not to sound aloof or faggoty beyond my normal capacity, but because I don't pretend to be privy to any so-called behind the scenes information.

This is neither an inside joke, nor was there any sort of harm intended. In fact, except for Bloodsage's crying, no one seems to be "pissed off".

As for the PM stint, I apologize if it went over the line, but I think most/all of its recipients realized it was not at all serious.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 10-12-2006 09:32:12 PM
All things being equal, it was humorous for a day or two, but the joke has run it's course. Parce, can you kill the duplicate accounts, please?

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Anakha
my standards skyrocket when im on my keyboard heh
posted 10-12-2006 09:44:13 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Ja'Deth Issar Ka'baeI said:
This is neither an inside joke, nor was there any sort of harm intended. In fact, except for Bloodsage's crying, no one seems to be "pissed off".

As for the PM stint, I apologize if it went over the line, but I think most/all of its recipients realized it was not at all serious.

I was pissed off. So that is 2 for pissed.

"Buzz Beer, the beer of attainable women!"
"You try balancing a cow on the end of a fencepost to wield it like a club. Thats a physical damn challenge!"
"The only problem i have is too much aggro."
Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-12-2006 09:59:34 PM
Ja'Deth's evil clone has been banned. The joke's out. Once the other one shows up again, I'll remove it, too.

Anakha has also been temporarily banned for mod sass.

Bloodsage has been promoted to chief girl scout and will be given six boxes of cookies to sell instead of the usual three.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'Bael has been promoted from ensign to chief engineer of the Starship Entercrest.

Lyinar Ka'Bael recieves three years for tax evasion and defrauding a charitable institute.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 10-12-2006 10:22:22 PM
Willias
Pancake
posted 10-12-2006 10:31:41 PM
The dark gods of Evercrest shall be pleased.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 10-13-2006 01:49:07 AM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough was naked while typing this:
It's really fuckin' funny that you had to dig up threads from 2 years ago to find something written by Bloodsage that someone considered funny.

Well, at least I found something funny. If I look through your posts all I find is retarded.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Ja'Deth lssar Ka'bael
Pancake
posted 10-13-2006 02:07:21 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Ja'Deth's evil clone has been banned. The joke's out. Once the other one shows up again, I'll remove it, too.

Aw, bummer.

So be it, I resign from my post of good, yet mostly silent twin.

*Also Ja'Deth Issar KabaeI's mostly harmless twin

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 10-13-2006 05:49:07 PM
Thanks for being cool about it guys.

Now I have to find a visor.

Maradon!
posted 10-14-2006 03:10:03 AM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Kegwen who doth quote:
I honestly can't grasp why you care so much about this

It's irritating to have people do boundlessly stupid shit and then act like it's creative, entertaining, and rebellious?

Everybody LOVED having their ignore list fucked with!

Everybody LOVES meaningless spamming from clone posters!

It's not trolling, it's new content!! BECAUSE WE SAID SO!

Someone PM'd me and said they loved it and I'm sure all the people who were irritated by it would have said something and besides who would be irritated by brainless spam posts from a gimmick account? I mean HELLO comedy gold here!

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 10-14-2006 at 03:12 AM.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 10-14-2006 05:20:02 AM
I was amused by it. Me. The guy being copycatted. Granted, part of it was my ego being stroked, but aside from that it was kind of amusing to see what they got up to. I just hadn't realized how many of those PM's about the buttsex went out. Granted, by this point everyone knew it was someone duplicating me, but it was still a little weird.

Initially I was a little annoyed. Had a whole sixty seconds of irritation, where I was going to alert the mods, change my sigpic and sigline to differentiate, yadda yadda yadda. But then I started snickering. I work in a lab, and a couple of guys and I take turns trying to startle one another. Sneaking up on the other guy when they're unsuspecting and making a loud noise. You never do it when they're handling dangerous chemicals or anything, but hurting the other guy isn't the point. Breaking up the monotony of the day is the point. I've been "got" by the guys as much as I've "got" them. Everyone has a good laugh, including the person who was startled. It's no fun unless everyone gets a good chuckle.

Generally speaking, there's a reason for the duplicate account rule. Unchecked, it can cause problems. But Parce let on early that when it wasn't funny anymore, he'd axe the dupes. That in turn preserved the humor in the dupes' antics for a bit longer; you always have more fun when you know there's an out. And when the joke was over, I asked for the curtain to be dropped and it was.

All in all, negatives aside, it was more funny than negative. But it's the sort of joke that could get overplayed. And the PM's were a bit much. A few strategically placed? Maybe. But everyone? Nah. It's cool though. A small price to pay to shake things up a bit. Break the monotony.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 10-14-2006 05:30:25 AM
And that's exactly how bad things happen: people ignore the rules thinking it doesn't really matter, and then one day it does matter and something bad happens because of the stupid culture of thinking the only way to break up the monotony is to break the rules. So, one day in your lab someone is going to do what they always do and someone is going to get hurt, whether because of the inevitable escalation that goes on or through pure sloppiness when someone is unaware the other person is doing something dangerous.

There's obviously no real danger here, but it's the same kind of moronic thinking. People too fucking stupid to think of anything else to do for entertainment don't deserve the time of day. Vandalism isn't funny, and that's all this was.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 10-14-2006 06:29:25 AM
I think you're blowing this a little out of proportion. I agree with the idea that if a law is violated, then there should be punishment. I doubt anyone thought the duplicates would be around forever. The first day out one of them said something to the effect that they knew they wouldn't even have to delete the account. And by and large they didn't do any real harm.

Was it a violation of the rules? Yes. Technically it was. And by the standard that all rulebreakers should be punished, they should have been. No one is arguing that the rules weren't broken and that the accounts shouldn't have been deleted.

On the other hand, was there any especially heinous or egregious damage done? I'm sure if Azakias or Monica or Lyinar had hit the mod alert button or whatever, and really complained, the accounts would've been banned before I had a chance to say anything. Lyinar was annoyed by it, and Monica and Azakias were (to paraphrase) kind of a "wtf!?" mindset. I wouldn't say it was particularly vile. A misdemeanor for libel isn't the same as a felony assault. And that's the closest comparison I can think of here. The dupes were at worst a nuisance. Someone made a good point to me about the whole matter regarding how far things could go before serious harm was done. So long as it was in a gentle "roast" sort of thing (like celebrity roasts, where everyone has a shot at the roastee, everyone has a good chuckle, and no harm is done) it's not that big a deal. When it ventures out of the realm of good-natured fun, then you have to call it off. It ventured out of the realm, and it came to the end everyone knew it would.

But I certainly don't feel the need to hunt down the individuals behind the dupes and tell them off. I don't think they should be banned or blacklisted or whatever either. What would be the point? Visceral satisfaction? The punishment should fit the act it was meant to dissuade. No serious damage was done this time.

This was NOT an ad hominem attack. This was NOT a cruel or mean-spirited attempt to hurt someone's feelings. It was silly.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 10-14-2006 06:44:04 AM
Did you read the rule in question? It's one of the more harshly worded ones; it's not about being okay unless it's especially egregious.

As for the first part, it applies to your silliness in the lab. Take it from somebody who works a dangerous job, and who knows too many people who've died due to exactly the same kind of stupidity you describe: the idea that you can relax safety just enough to have fun but not so far that things become dangerous is stupid, and will eventually catch up to you or someone you know. Your call.

At the end of the day, I've got zero tolerance and even less sympathy for anyone so stupid the best way they can think of to ease boredom is to fuck with other people in clear violation of the rules. Delid's Kikkake account, or whatever it was called, was much funnier, and it was slapped down as soon as it was discovered as a gimmick; why should this particular stupidity be exempt?

Almond
Intellectual Socialist
posted 10-14-2006 09:56:24 AM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Bloodsage!
Take it from somebody who works a dangerous job,

Working a desk Job in Paris is dangerous now? Germany was too?

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 10-14-2006 10:27:38 AM
quote:
Almond startled the peaceful upland Gorillas, blurting:
Working a desk Job in Paris is dangerous now? Germany was too?

You're a fucking idiot. It's sort of a shame that the one incontrovertible proof that suicide is the right answer is the inability to do it correctly.

Edit: clarity.

Bloodsage fucked around with this message on 10-14-2006 at 10:32 AM.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 10-14-2006 06:34:39 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Bloodsage wrote:
You're a fucking idiot. It's sort of a shame that the one incontrovertible proof that suicide is the right answer is the inability to do it correctly.

Internet Troll Response #46: You're dumb and should kill yourself.

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 10-14-2006 07:38:04 PM
Almond, whether or not Bloodsages current job puts him behind a desk, there is still dangerous work he may have done earlier in his career which easily applies to the scenario.
(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Almond
Intellectual Socialist
posted 10-14-2006 09:38:34 PM
"Take it from somebody who works a dangerous job," present tense isn't it?

That’s probably true, I don't know him that well all I ever heard was this nice job he currently has. Maybe in the past he was stationed in some less exotic location like the Philippines or turkey. I Don’t normally associate Air Force officers who are non pilots with danger I’m sure if BS there wanted to educate me on all the Mission critical and dangerous things he has done during his long military career I’d be impressed. Somehow I got in my head he was a logistics person which is very important but the only danger he might face with it was a paper cut.

Almond fucked around with this message on 10-14-2006 at 09:39 PM.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-14-2006 09:54:17 PM
quote:
Bloodsage wrote, obviously thinking too hard:

You always say the prettiest things.

Peter
Pancake
posted 10-14-2006 09:54:29 PM
quote:
Almond painfully thought these words up:
"Take it from somebody who works a dangerous job," present tense isn't it?

That’s probably true, I don't know him that well all I ever heard was this nice job he currently has. Maybe in the past he was stationed in some less exotic location like the Philippines or turkey. I Don’t normally associate Air Force officers who are non pilots with danger I’m sure if BS there wanted to educate me on all the Mission critical and dangerous things he has done during his long military career I’d be impressed. Somehow I got in my head he was a logistics person which is very important but the only danger he might face with it was a paper cut.

He has said quite a few times that he was a B-52 pilot, I think flying a large airplane twice his age carrying nuclear fucking weapons counts as a dangerous job.

Peter fucked around with this message on 10-14-2006 at 10:01 PM.

Almond
Intellectual Socialist
posted 10-15-2006 12:09:57 AM
I wasnt around or missed that. Hey the B-52 was one of the most reliable airplanes ever besides the DC-3 right? And this is still past tense.. he used to...he doesnt currently but his statment was one of a current vocation.

Almond fucked around with this message on 10-15-2006 at 12:12 AM.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 10-15-2006 03:47:41 AM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabbits doth run and play while Mr. Parcelan gently hums:
You always say the prettiest things.

nem-x
posted 10-15-2006 04:35:59 AM
Bloodsage is a world war 2 vet
Doomjudge
Pancake
posted 10-16-2006 01:12:24 AM
I heard Bloodsage was so tough that his penis has a hemi.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: