EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Guess who just saw Episode III
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 05-19-2005 04:45:59 AM
what speech?
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 05-19-2005 04:46:01 AM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and OtakuPenguin was all like:
I'm still questioning your seriousness here.

Have you SEEN Episode 1? Jesus man, you think Sith is worse than EPISODE 1?!

Also yes, it was better than New Hope. New Hope was the weakest of the Original Three, easily. The Special Effects were not that good, none of our favourite characters are developed and it feels off compared to the rest. As a friend of mine in the car said, "Star Wars feels the least like Star Wars", at least Episode 1 got the feeling of the movies right.

Nothing will beat Empire or Jedi, but my god, Sith is much better than any of the others.

You're only in it for the special effects, obviously, instead of the story. Like with anything else.

You're a Lucas fanboi who would suck his dick even if he killed your family.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 05-19-2005 04:46:26 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived Snugglits stammered:
Only a retard would think the shitty speech from 3 is any good. >:[

Yeah, the dialogue really ruined the movie for me from that aspect. But I did like the fight scenes. =/

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 05-19-2005 04:47:11 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael attempted to be funny by writing:
what speech?

All the dialogue.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 05-19-2005 04:50:29 AM
quote:
Verily, Snugglits doth proclaim:
You're only in it for the special effects, obviously, instead of the story. Like with anything else.

You're a Lucas fanboi who would suck his dick even if he killed your family.

Ease up there Kiddo.

I've read every non-New Jedi Order novel, played all of the games, and can almost literally name every character. I'll even be in the paper tommorow for having dressed up for the show tonight.

No matter what you seem to think, Star Wars runs in my blood. And I honestly don't know what you find wrong with the story of this one. Assuming you've seen it, were you not moved by the Jedis being slaughtered? Obi-Wan's goodbye to Anakin? The hopeless love between Padme and Anakin? The fall of a good man?

Did none of that, all of the themes, ideas and EVERYTHING we've all been waiting for, seeing the fall, being right there...you didn't even care?

And I'M just in it for the special effects?...right. Ok.

Go home and come back later when you've cooled off a bit.

OtakuPenguin fucked around with this message on 05-19-2005 at 04:51 AM.

..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-19-2005 04:51:32 AM
Wait, did Natalie Portman appear in any sort of skimpy costume?
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 05-19-2005 04:53:12 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Mr. Parcelan said this:
Wait, did Natalie Portman appear in any sort of skimpy costume?

Not that I can recall.

Blackened
posted 05-19-2005 05:00:28 AM
You're obviously deaf if you think this movie was any good. The dialogue was outragously bad. I can quote one line from the movie that proves my point.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO."

I was cracking up at this part. It was like Frankenstein's Monster meets Action Cliche #412. Or howabout those beautiful scenes where Anakin and Padme are professing their sacred and never-ending love for each other?

"You're beautiful."
"You only think that because you love me!"
"I only think that because you love me!"

Or however those shitty conversations went. Let's also not forget the delivery of the lines, which is also just simply too horrid to go into.

The movie, visually, was good. It wasn't even great thanks to all the blurring and extremely too-close close-ups. It's a shame half of the lightsaber battles were just blurs of light across the screen, causing me to fall into seizures between being out of breath laughing.

I can't believe anyone would see this as a good movie. Ever. It's B-quality script spun with a pretty CGI web.

p.s. General Grievious? More like General Asthma Attack.

Blackened fucked around with this message on 05-19-2005 at 05:02 AM.

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-19-2005 05:02:22 AM
quote:
At least I'm not Mr. Gainsborough
Not that I can recall.

LUCAAAAAAAAAAAAS

OtakuPenguin
posted 05-19-2005 05:04:32 AM
quote:
Blackened enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
You're obviously deaf if you think this movie was any good. The dialogue was outragously bad. I can quote one line from the movie that proves my point.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO."

I was cracking up at this part. It was like Frankenstein's Monster meets Action Cliche #412. Or howabout those beautiful scenes where Anakin and Padme are professing their sacred and never-ending love for each other?

"You're beautiful."
"You only think that because you love me!"
"I only think that because you love me!"

Or however those shitty conversations went. Let's also not forget the delivery of the lines, which is also just simply too horrid to go into.

The movie, visually, was good. It wasn't even great thanks to all the blurring and extremely too-close close-ups. It's a shame half of the lightsaber battles were just blurs of light across the screen, causing me to fall into seizures between being out of breath laughing.

I can't believe anyone would see this as a good movie. Ever. It's B-quality script spun with a pretty CGI web.

"But I want to go to Toshi Station to pick up some power convertors!"

How about Luke's "NOOO! THAT'S NOT TRUE!! THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!"

Is the dialogue really THAT worse?

I'm honestly sorry you didn't enjoy such a great movie...you must have gone with low expectations.

Are you a fan of the original three? Are they not any less "B-Quality,"?

It's not the writing we love, it's the spirit. And this delivered.

Blackened
posted 05-19-2005 05:07:58 AM
quote:
Verily, OtakuPenguin doth proclaim:
"But I want to go to Toshi Station to pick up some power convertors!"

How about Luke's "NOOO! THAT'S NOT TRUE!! THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!"

Is the dialogue really THAT worse?

I'm honestly sorry you didn't enjoy such a great movie...you must have gone with low expectations.

Are you a fan of the original three? Are they not any less "B-Quality,"?

It's not the writing we love, it's the spirit. And this delivered.

I'm not going to bother arguing this point with a blind fanboy. Yes, the dialogue is worse, yes the delivery is horrible, yes the acting was subpar, yes the pacing sucked ass, yes it was an overall bad movie.

"the spirit", lol, please. Go stroke your cock over this movie somewhere else.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 05-19-2005 05:10:12 AM
Fanboy rants kick ass.
OtakuPenguin
posted 05-19-2005 05:11:27 AM
quote:
Blackened stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
I'm not going to bother arguing this point with a blind fanboy. Yes, the dialogue is worse, yes the delivery is horrible, yes the acting was subpar, yes the pacing sucked ass, yes it was an overall bad movie.

"the spirit", lol, please. Go stroke your cock over this movie somewhere else.

...The acting really is worse? Honestly?

Yeah, Hayden sucked but...come on. You think Mark and Carrie delivered A M A Z I N G performances?

Ewan was astounding, as was Oz.

Sure, some of the cuts felt odd, throwing the timing for a spin, but Eps. 1 and 2 also had bad pacing.

Don't just throw the stupid cop-out of "olol ur fanboy lol i'm afraid," provide some real evidence that the acting (compared to the original three) is so awful, or that the pacing is any worse, or that anything is worse.

I'm honestly curious, and seeing as how you haven't said anything other than, "omg op sucks" I don't think you've got it.

Blackened
posted 05-19-2005 05:12:47 AM
quote:
OtakuPenguin stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
I'm honestly curious, and seeing as how you haven't said anything other than, "omg op sucks" I don't think you've got it.
Keep going, this is getting amusing.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 05-19-2005 05:16:23 AM
The theatre I was in was laughing at the scene that Blackened pointed out, along with most of the other terrible lines.

Of course Yoda rocked, that's something you can't screw up.

There was just so much cheese in this movie that it dragged it down. The love story between Padme and Anakin was terribly acted/scripted. Having the guy repeat the same thing the girl just said to him...that's terrible.

OtakuPenguin
posted 05-19-2005 05:17:24 AM
quote:
Blackened impressed everyone with:
Keep going, this is getting amusing.

...So, what?

You've got nothing?

Done being a condescending prick yet?

Can we continue discussing the movie?

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 05-19-2005 05:18:11 AM
quote:
How.... Mr. Gainsborough.... uughhhhhh:
"Me too!"
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
OtakuPenguin
posted 05-19-2005 05:18:20 AM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
The theatre I was in was laughing at the scene that Blackened pointed out, along with most of the other terrible lines.

Of course Yoda rocked, that's something you can't screw up.

There was just so much cheese in this movie that it dragged it down. The love story between Padme and Anakin was terribly acted/scripted. Having the guy repeat the same thing the girl just said to him...that's terrible.

Lucas can not write dialogue, that's been proven a lot earlier than 'Sith'

Blackened
posted 05-19-2005 05:46:06 AM
quote:
...So, what?

You've got nothing?

Done being a condescending prick yet?

Can we continue discussing the movie?

Yes, that's exactly it.

Edit - But the spirit of my post was there.

Blackened fucked around with this message on 05-19-2005 at 05:46 AM.

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 05-19-2005 06:01:01 AM
The best Star Wars movie is hands down, and not to repeat what is a well known fact, the Empire Strikes Back.

It also happens to be the movie Lucas was least involved with.

The worst movie(s) are, by far, the prequels. They also happen to be the movies Lucas was most involved with.

Draw your own conclusions.

Snoota fucked around with this message on 05-19-2005 at 06:01 AM.

Sean
posted 05-19-2005 06:51:56 AM
quote:
Yes, Snoota deserved to die, and I hope they burn in hell!
The best Star Wars movie is hands down, and not to repeat what is a well known fact, the Empire Strikes Back.

It also happens to be the movie Lucas was least involved with.

The worst movie(s) are, by far, the prequels. They also happen to be the movies Lucas was most involved with.

Draw your own conclusions.

For all his rants about having a studio looming over his head and stifling his creativity, he actually has none and requires divine intervention to put out a decent product?

SAY IT ISN'T SO!

Motherfucker needs to sit down and learn from Peter Jackson.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 05-19-2005 07:00:47 AM
Well I'm sure this new game based on a bad movie will be good*.

*bad

"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 05-19-2005 08:30:33 AM
quote:
Verily, Sean doth proclaim:
Motherfucker needs to sit down and learn from Peter Jackson.

What? Produce someone else's source material, alter major events in the storyline to suit his own fanboy desires, and somehow involve elves surfing in every movie?

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty

Sean
posted 05-19-2005 08:32:30 AM
quote:
Because Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael is my friend.
What? Produce someone else's source material, alter major events in the storyline to suit his own fanboy desires, and somehow involve elves surfing in every movie?

Produce a fantasy trilogy with actual talent and use CGI as a tool rather than a fucking replacement.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 05-19-2005 08:42:42 AM
Uh guys, not one of you are famous Hollywood directors and i can assure you it's the computer that makes the movie, not silly things like ACTING

you guys are fucking retarded and i hope a bonfa rapes you

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 05-19-2005 09:41:34 AM
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO."

Ok, I cracked up laughing at that point. The construction of Vader was awesome though, especially those first few breaths.

I just went to see Palpatine kick ass.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 05-19-2005 09:54:24 AM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Mortious was all like:
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO."

Ok, I cracked up laughing at that point. The construction of Vader was awesome though, especially those first few breaths.

I just went to see Palpatine kick ass.

Mort's Hero...the Sith Lord.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 05-19-2005 10:32:11 AM
I liked it. But then again I don't feel the need to nitpick the hell of out of it.

As someone who saw 4,5, and 6 in the theatres many years ago; I can say that all of the SW movies have been cheesey space opera's.

The level of dialogue/acting/script hasn't really changed since the beginning.

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 05-19-2005 10:47:25 AM
God what a stupid movie that was. No amount of nifty lightsaber action can overshadow such terrible acting and dialogue.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 05-19-2005 10:57:55 AM
quote:
Yeah, Hayden sucked but...come on. You think Mark and Carrie delivered A M A Z I N G performances?

Actually, I have a newfound appreciation for their performances after this movie. The dialogue between Padme and Obi-Wan after Obi-Wan saw the recording of Anakin killing those kids was just painful.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 05-19-2005 11:09:25 AM
quote:
Reynar had this to say about Optimus Prime:
I liked it. But then again I don't feel the need to nitpick the hell of out of it.

As someone who saw 4,5, and 6 in the theatres many years ago; I can say that all of the SW movies have been cheesey space opera's.

The level of dialogue/acting/script hasn't really changed since the beginning.

Exactly. The very definition of space opera calls for melodrama and overemphasizing things. EP III had emotion. Emotion is going to be cheesy a lot of the time.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 05-19-2005 11:20:40 AM
See that's my argument, as far as the dialogue went...

People have funny ideas about space opera vs serial story. Lucas didn't invent the concept of the space opera, but even if he did, opera is based on the old theater model. It deliberately uses melodrama to tell the story. So melodrama and music to convey meaning are part of it.

On the OTHER hand, Lucas has been quoted as saying that one of his major influences for Star Wars (and pretty much everything else he's ever created) were the serials he saw as a kid. So if it isn't an opera/theatrical production in space (which I don't think it is; ever hear Henry IV griping about how his eviscerated horse smells while he's stuffing Falstaff in it? I think not), it's a serial, and they're full of bantering.

I liked the bantering when Obi and Anakin were taking on Dooku and Grievous. Some of the speeches didn't inspire me, but they worked for the story. Palpatine's speech wasn't meant to be inspiring. It was meant to point out just how much control he had. They'd cheer for anything. But the bantering? What? Han Solo's allowed to make smartass remarks and make us grin but Obi-Wan and Anakin aren't?

And I thought the performances were a LOT better than what we've seen. You saw the agony in Obi-Wan's face when he was faced with Anakin and what had to be done. You saw how desperate he was for Yoda to not send him to take out Anakin. You saw the pain in his face the whole time he fought Anakin, and you saw the pain, and heard it, in his speech standing over Anakin's burning body. The man thought he was seeing his "brother" dying, and was coming to grips with what Anakin did and what he had to do because of it.

Yoda? Fuck you all who think the CGI was overplayed. You needed it. You needed to see Yoda's pain. They tried a muppet in Ep 1, remember? It SUCKED ASS. I know. I watched it the night before last. And in Ep 3, we see the CGI finally become mastered. When the Jedi are being assassinated, Yoda's response is painful. You feel him shudder every time one of them dies. And I couldn't help think about how Yoda had told Anakin not to mourn for those who died, etc, not to let it hurt him.

TheOriginalZane
Pancake
posted 05-19-2005 12:10:42 PM
Hayden Christensen is probably the worst actor in the movie and as Blackened said ruined the every last one of the love scenes.
So who picked out Vader's suit?
The worst member of EC.
Live Journal
OtakuPenguin
posted 05-19-2005 12:15:30 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael's account was hax0red to write:
Exactly. The very definition of space opera calls for melodrama and overemphasizing things. EP III had emotion. Emotion is going to be cheesy a lot of the time.

Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 05-19-2005 12:19:34 PM
Having not seen the movie yet I can't comment on it. But I did finish the book a few days ago.

From the novelization standpoint I think Ja'Deth is right on the money. The writer has fun with the Obi-Wan / Anakin friendship. At times he had me laughing like a madman.
During the rescue of Palpatine from General Grievious' ship, while Obi-Wan was knocked out and being carried by Anakin:

quote:
Obi-Wan Kenobi opened his eyes to find himself staring at what he strongly suspected was Anakin's butt.
It looked like Anakin's butt --- well, his pants, anyway --- though it was thoroughly impossible for Obi-Wan to be certain, since he had never before had occasion to examine Anakin's butt upside down, which it currently appeared to be, nor from this rather uncomfortably close range.
And how he might have arrived at this angle and this range was entirely baffling.
He said,"Um, have I missed something?"
"Hang on," he heard Anakin say. "We're in a bit of a situation here."
So it was Anakin's butt after all. He supposed he might take a modicum of comfort from that. Looking up, he discovered Anakin's legs, and his boots--- and a somewhat astonishing close up view of the Supreme Chancellor, as Palpatine seemingly balanced overhead, supported only by a white-knuckled death-grip on Anakin's ankle.
"Oh, hello, Chancellor," he said mildly. "Are you well?"
The Chancellor cast a distressed glance over his shoulder. "I hope so..."
Obi-Wan followed the Chancellor's gaze; above Palpatine rose a long, long vertical shaft--
Which was when he finally realized that he wasn't looking up at all.
This must be what Anakin had meant by a bit of a situation.
"Ah," Obi-Wan said. At least he was finally coming to understand where he stood.
Well, lay. Hung. Whatever.

Even the writer of the book "Gets It" and tried his best to get that wonderful banter and understatement of perilous situations that made all the movies so much fun. I realize the book and movie will have differences, they don't even name Chewbacca while Yoda is on Kashyyyk. Still this writer made it fun in the spirit of the original movies, at least to me.

I remember seeing A New Hope when I was 6 years old, and how much fun it was back then. My brother was 4 and was instantly hooked. I watched Empire at a drive-in theater, something that is very rare to find anymore. Instead of the goofy sounding speaker box, they had a small transmitter that would allow you to tune in your FM radio to the movie instead, so we actually got it in stereo back then. Jedi, was in an old theatre that was torn down many years ago now...

The "Special Editions" are so much better than the originals IMO, but that's an argument for another day...

As for an earlier comment about The Maw and the secret facility where the Death Star was being built. The Expanded Universe always has inconsistancies that need to be ignored. I doubt Lucas or anyone helping him was able to read all the books out there to make sure that nothing is messed up. It's Lucas' baby after all, not the writer of an EU novel. I've read the Heir to the Empire books too but I can quite easily put it aside. They're a great read either way.

I'll be seeing the movie this weekend. I expect I'll be entertained and will finally see the story as it originally was to be, "Adventures of the Starkiller." That's the one thing that hit me like a truck after seeing Episode One. Lucas changed the meaning of the original movies in my mind and heart. At the end of Jedi, there was a great feeling, they had destroyed the Empire along with the Emporer and Luke and Leia's father turned away from the Dark Side and found his redemption in The Force. All 6 movies together are now about the life of Darth Vader. His rise, fall and redemption. It sent a chill down my spine... but in a good way... but I suspect that I'll now feel at least some small sence of loss for the small slave boy on Tatooine when I reach the end of Episode 6.

Kaglaaz How'ler fucked around with this message on 05-19-2005 at 12:20 PM.

http://www.bloodfin.net
Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 05-19-2005 12:25:16 PM
I thought it was pretty cool. Ewan McGregor was awesome.
'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 05-19-2005 12:32:25 PM
Actually in the movie, Yoda says "Goodbye Chewbacca, miss you I shall" or something to that effect.

Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 05-19-2005 12:35:37 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
Actually in the movie, Yoda says "Goodbye Chewbacca, miss you I shall" or something to that effect.

Aye, but in the book I don't recall anything like that being said or Chewie even being singled out.

http://www.bloodfin.net
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 05-19-2005 12:36:14 PM
SPOILERS AHEAD! PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

I seriously LOVED this movie. Anakin seemed less whiny, or rather, his whining was understandable in his situation. He had a lot of pressure and was dealing with so much. Seeing him break under that pressure had me on the edge of my seat.

The fight scenes were exciting, and unlike Black, I really enjoyed the opening battle scene. It was beautifully done. The lighting was beautiful, and seeing R2 hold his own was awesome.

I was hoping that the whole midichlorian subject had been dropped as a bad idea. When it was brought up again, I groaned. Audibly. Along with half the audience.

Like Deth said, the banter kept me thoroughly entertained and it reminded me why I loved Old Ben and Han Solo. I could actually see the future Obi Wan in Ewan this time.

As for the scene between "Ani" and Padme, you all had their diologue wrong.

He said, "You're beautiful"
She said, "It's only because I am in love that you think that"
He said, "No, it's because *I* am in love that I think that!"

It was a very typical male/female conversation. The female says something, the male responds by saying something that could be easily twisted. The female twists the meaning so she can make him show how he really feels. It's classic, and it was fun to see her pull his strings.

Yoda seriously kicked ass. In fact, all the ligtsaber fights were riveting. They had a speed and grace that was lacking in the other films.

I think for me the most disappointing character was General Grievous. I somehow expected him to be much more of a badass than he was.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 05-19-2005 12:41:58 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael:

That and "Oh, and erase C3PO's memory" bugged me.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: