EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Spongebong Hemppants
-Yuri-
Pancake
posted 03-01-2005 03:43:29 PM
quote:
Addy said this:
Uhh Yuri, that's a bit of an extreme example. Hell, I don't like drugs, but I wouldn't be comparing it with murder. Murder involves at least two people (murderer and victim). Pot involves one (pothead). (You could argue about dealers, but for the sake of this debate, we're not going to get into the politics of buying drugs, otherwise we'd have to step further into the superfluous analogy you just constructed, which would spin it even more out of proportion.)

Quite wrong. Drugs involve more then one person. My step-father used to get high and drink, then come home every night and beat my mother senseless. I think that validates as a second party.

Drugs hurt more then one person.

-Yuri- fucked around with this message on 03-01-2005 at 03:44 PM.

Willias
Pancake
posted 03-01-2005 03:45:54 PM
quote:
-Yuri- had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
That's a great mentality to have. Let's apply that to murder.

All this murderer bashing is stupid. They murder people. You don't. Their perogative, their gun, get over it. And murderers, keep it to yourself. "omg i kill people" isn't funny on the intraweb.

Let's just let people do whatever they want! Who cares if it is illegal! Darwinism at its finest!

"Let's apply that to murder!" analogies don't work. Neither does this one. Fucking yourself up in general =! killing yourself or others.

Addy
posted 03-01-2005 03:46:56 PM
quote:
-Yuri- stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
Quite wrong. Drugs involve more then one person. My step-father used to get high and drink, then come home every night and beat my mother senseless. I think that validates as a second party.

Drugs hurt more then one person.

Okay, so this is the same as murder? Do you even know how powerful a word "murder" is?

Let me rephrase.

Murder directly involves at least two people. Drugs directly involve one person. More clear for you now?

-Yuri-
Pancake
posted 03-01-2005 03:49:37 PM
quote:
Addy said this:
Okay, so this is the same as murder? Do you even know how powerful a word "murder" is?

Let me rephrase.

Murder directly involves at least two people. Drugs directly involve one person. More clear for you now?

You of course have a point. I'm not trying to invalidate that, as it would be impossible. I'm just saying that drugs also involve other parties, ie. the families broken up by drug related abuse.

The murder analogy was meant to be extreme. It's an extreme example. The general logic does apply though. People on these forums are just more likely to look past that general logic and apply their own more complicated logic to the issue.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 03-01-2005 03:52:21 PM
Zane, I'm glad you feel that way and I apologise for attacking you. However, look at how you worded it. "hahah yeah they were funny, oh yeah me and my buddy are why Bane started smoking pot."

It's not exactly painting a colorful picture for people to respond in a positive way, if you think about it.

Addy
posted 03-01-2005 03:59:50 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by -Yuri-:
The murder analogy was meant to be extreme. It's an extreme example.

Difference between a simply extreme example and a rather unfounded/uneducated analogy. The former produces "Hmmm, I think he may be right about something" responses, while the latter strikes up an interesting "wtf is he smoking" one.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 03-01-2005 04:02:01 PM
I wouldn't give a fuck if you murdered someone either.
Willias
Pancake
posted 03-01-2005 04:03:31 PM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough had this to say about Captain Planet:

Bullshit.

TheOriginalZane
Pancake
posted 03-01-2005 04:03:38 PM
quote:
Bajah enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Zane, I'm glad you feel that way and I apologise for attacking you. However, look at how you worded it. "hahah yeah they were funny, oh yeah me and my buddy are why Bane started smoking pot."

It's not exactly painting a colorful picture for people to respond in a positive way, if you think about it.

Thanks.

TheOriginalZane fucked around with this message on 03-01-2005 at 04:04 PM.

The worst member of EC.
Live Journal
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 03-01-2005 04:04:26 PM
quote:
From the book of Mr. Gainsborough, chapter 3, verse 16:

I secretly killed Aeris..not Sephiroth.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 03-01-2005 04:05:49 PM
quote:
Willias had this to say about dark elf butts:
Bullshit.

Why would I? I don't know who he is, I probably wouldn't know who the person he murdered is? What does it have to do with me?

And Kat:

Mr. Gainsborough fucked around with this message on 03-01-2005 at 04:06 PM.

Willias
Pancake
posted 03-01-2005 04:11:13 PM
quote:
Verily, Mr. Gainsborough doth proclaim:
Why would I? I don't know who he is, I probably wouldn't know who the person he murdered is? What does it have to do with me?

Read what you typed again.

quote:

You didn't specify a person who would be doing the murdering, or anything else for that matter. At least that is what I gathered from the sentence. "I wouldn't give a fuck if (anyone) murdered someone either." That makes it read like you said that if someone was murdered (in my point of view, family/loved ones) that you wouldn't care.

Which is why I said Bullshit.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 03-01-2005 04:12:14 PM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough had this to say about dark elf butts:

And Kat:

It was for her own good. She was the last of her kind and so very lonely. Cloud couldn't make his mind up over women and was breaking her poor fragile heart. So I sliced it in two before he got to it.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
-Yuri-
Pancake
posted 03-01-2005 04:12:38 PM
quote:
Addy said this:
Difference between a simply extreme example and a rather unfounded/uneducated analogy. The former produces "Hmmm, I think he may be right about something" responses, while the latter strikes up an interesting "wtf is he smoking" one.

Good job adding the smoking reference in.. We were getting off topic

Addy
posted 03-01-2005 04:15:23 PM
quote:
-Yuri- was listening to Cher while typing:
Good job adding the smoking reference in.. We were getting off topic

np~

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 03-01-2005 04:18:14 PM
quote:
Willias's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
You didn't specify a person who would be doing the murdering, or anything else for that matter. At least that is what I gathered from the sentence. "I wouldn't give a fuck if (anyone) murdered someone either." That makes it read like you said that if someone was murdered (in my point of view, family/loved ones) that you wouldn't care.

Which is why I said Bullshit.

You shouldn't assume so much. It goes without saying that if he shot my mom or something that I would react. I don't know the people on the internet that are like "omg i smoke pot" and the comparison was to some random person going "omg i killed people". So yeah. Nothing to do with me.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-01-2005 04:28:24 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Mr. Gainsborough said:
You shouldn't assume so much. It goes without saying that if he shot my mom or something that I would react. I don't know the people on the internet that are like "omg i smoke pot" and the comparison was to some random person going "omg i killed people". So yeah. Nothing to do with me.

Wow.

I guess it's a good thing there are people out there who do care, and work to keep your narcissistic little self safe in an orderly society.

I guess angst is out and apathy is in this year, eh?

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Mike the Butcher
Pancake
posted 03-01-2005 04:29:21 PM
meh nm

Mike the Butcher fucked around with this message on 03-01-2005 at 04:33 PM.

-Yuri-
Pancake
posted 03-01-2005 04:30:28 PM
quote:
Bloodsage said this:
Wow.

I guess it's a good thing there are people out there who do care, and work to keep your narcissistic little self safe in an orderly society.

I guess angst is out and apathy is in this year, eh?

All he worries himself with is how the hentai business is doing. Who cares if people are dying.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-01-2005 04:33:08 PM
quote:
Mike the Butcher thought about the meaning of life:
Only difference is smoking pot is not the same as going out and killing someone.

Nor is it simply a personal decision that affects no one but the idiot himself.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 03-01-2005 04:49:37 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on -Yuri-!
All he worries himself with is how the hentai business is doing. Who cares if people are dying.

Dude. Get over yourself.

Lashanna
noob
posted 03-01-2005 04:50:19 PM
quote:
-Yuri- had this to say about Reading Rainbow:

A little harsh, and a bit personal. You don't even know him.

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
-Yuri-
Pancake
posted 03-01-2005 04:51:21 PM
quote:
Kegwen said this:
Dude. Get over yourself.

I don't believe I mentioned a thing about myself. I merely referenced the fact that Gains loves hentai, which is true, and the fact that Gains doesnt care about anyone beyond himself and his friends, which he stated was true also. Therefore, your point is null.

Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 03-01-2005 04:51:58 PM
quote:
-Yuri- Model 2000 was programmed to say:

What are the words I'm searching for here... They were somewhere in this thread... ah, here we are "the latter strikes up an interesting "wtf is he smoking" one[read: response]"

"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
Mod
Pancake
posted 03-01-2005 04:53:11 PM
I don't do drugs myself and never have but some of you people are seriously overdramatizing the effects of pot. Some people manage to drink alcohol in some amount of moderation, even get drunk from time to time and lead perfectly decent lives, just as some people get drunk every night and then go home and beat their kids with a crowbar. The same applies to pot, your life isn't instantly on the brink of ruin by smoking up with your friends every once in a while.

Oh and Gains that's seriously messed up, forgiving a murderer is one thing but just not giving a damn in the first place if people get killed unless it directly hurts you awfully self-centered.

Mod fucked around with this message on 03-01-2005 at 04:55 PM.

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 03-01-2005 05:03:39 PM
quote:
-Yuri- had this to say about Captain Planet:
I don't believe I mentioned a thing about myself. I merely referenced the fact that Gains loves hentai, which is true, and the fact that Gains doesnt care about anyone beyond himself and his friends, which he stated was true also. Therefore, your point is null.

Stop taking potshots at people in these threads where Bloodsage, Parcelan, or other big forum names happen to be on your side. In the last few months you seem to have been poking your head out of the shadows when you see that people are on your side and throwing out these insults that may or may not be based on what you've observed or read.

That's what I was getting at.

-Yuri-
Pancake
posted 03-01-2005 05:07:08 PM
quote:
Kegwen said this:
Stop taking potshots at people in these threads where Bloodsage, Parcelan, or other big forum names happen to be on your side. In the last few months you seem to have been poking your head out of the shadows when you see that people are on your side and throwing out these insults that may or may not be based on what you've observed or read.

That's what I was getting at.

Yeah.. it's not like I don't mention something about Gains's obsession with anime every single thread he posts in or something. Blaming on the fact that I have peopme 'on my side' is erronious. Blame it on the fact that I don't like Gains and he just keeps digging his grave further and further.

And I've been 'poking my head out' because there has been more things that I have opinions on being posted. I don't really post on every thread in existance because it's there, like many people here.

-Yuri- fucked around with this message on 03-01-2005 at 05:08 PM.

BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 03-01-2005 05:08:33 PM
quote:
How much Mod can a Mod-chuck chuck?
I don't do drugs myself and never have but some of you people are seriously overdramatizing the effects of pot. Some people manage to drink alcohol in some amount of moderation, even get drunk from time to time and lead perfectly decent lives, just as some people get drunk every night and then go home and beat their kids with a crowbar. The same applies to pot, your life isn't instantly on the brink of ruin by smoking up with your friends every once in a while.

*nods*

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Gadani
U
posted 03-01-2005 05:12:55 PM
quote:
-Yuri- obviously shouldn't have said:
Blame it on the fact that I don't like Gains and he just keeps digging his grave further and further.

Wait, what?

Digging his grave by whose standards? Yours?

-Yuri-
Pancake
posted 03-01-2005 05:15:36 PM
quote:
Gadani said this:
Wait, what?

Digging his grave by whose standards? Yours?

Sure. I can't really speak for the populous can I?

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 03-01-2005 05:15:42 PM
quote:
-Yuri- stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
Yeah.. it's not like I don't mention something about Gains's obsession with anime every single thread he posts in or something. Blaming on the fact that I have peopme 'on my side' is erronious. Blame it on the fact that I don't like Gains and he just keeps digging his grave further and further.

And I've been 'poking my head out' because there has been more things that I have opinions on being posted. I don't really post on every thread in existance because it's there, like many people here.

quote:
-Yuri- said this in this thread:
You're cool because you can be a dick on the internet!

Mr. Gainsborough fucked around with this message on 03-01-2005 at 05:17 PM.

Gadani
U
posted 03-01-2005 05:16:19 PM
quote:
Verily, -Yuri- doth proclaim:
Sure. I can't really speak for the populous can I?

So how does that have any bearing at all on . . . anything?

-Yuri-
Pancake
posted 03-01-2005 05:17:39 PM
quote:
Gadani said this:
So how does that have any bearing at all on . . . anything?

How does anything you post have a bearing on anything? It's your personal opinion. I posted my opinion. Should I refrain from posting my opinion and only post undeniable facts that apply to every single person on Evercrest?

Honestly, I'm confused what you are getting at.

-Yuri-
Pancake
posted 03-01-2005 05:22:27 PM
PS: All my spelling and grammar errors can be attributed to my general lethargic mood today. Or on my ignorance. Your choice
Gadani
U
posted 03-01-2005 05:26:13 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by -Yuri-:
How does anything you post have a bearing on anything? It's your personal opinion. I posted my opinion. Should I refrain from posting my opinion and only post undeniable facts that apply to every single person on Evercrest?

Honestly, I'm confused what you are getting at.

I'm just annoyed with your random potshots, heh.

-Yuri-
Pancake
posted 03-01-2005 05:29:04 PM
quote:
Gadani said this:
I'm just annoyed with your random potshots, heh.

Well if it makes ya feel any better, I don't have anything against you!

Kael
Whistlepig
posted 03-01-2005 05:44:06 PM
Gains > Yuri, even with his strange hentai
Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-01-2005 05:59:54 PM
I'm not on anyone's side but my own. Hell, I've got a problem with just about everyone here.

Zane: It was a lame move to brag about corrupting Bane.

Everyone else: Bane has the IQ of a potato and the ambition of a squash. He was doomed from the day he was born.

Lashanna: You're a woman. Stop getting involved in male matters

Yuri: It's not that big of a deal. Get over it, douchebag.

MrGains: I'd get on your case about being apathetic if I believed it was anything besides posturing because to not care means you're a badass. You're fucked up on an entirely different level that's not even applicable in this situation.

Bloodsage: You could stand to lose some weight.

Mod: I'll kill you.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 03-01-2005 06:08:20 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Mr. Parcelan said:
Mod: I'll kill you.

I don't care.

*slicks his hair back*

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 03-01-2005 06:14:13 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Optimus Prime:

MrGains: I'd get on your case about being apathetic if I believed it was anything besides posturing because to not care means you're a badass. You're fucked up on an entirely different level that's not even applicable in this situation.

In addition, Gains seems to feel the need to impose his own feelings of pacifism upon others. If you get into a discussion with any actual meat to it while he's around, he'll be like, "Guys, stop fighting! It doesn't make you cool! Here, watch me make fun of what you're discussing because, to me, you're arguing and fighting and I just cannot stand that anyone could have a difference of opinion while in my company!"

And Yuri needed to ask me why I didn't like him? Ha.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piƱa coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: