EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: You remember those torture photos?
Zair
The Imp
posted 05-10-2004 12:51:43 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about the Spice Girls:
As bad as it is, releasing so many Iraqis now angry at the United States would be a very bad idea.

I meant releasing photos, not prisoners. Actually though, releasing all the photos/video right now probably wouldn't be a good idea.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-10-2004 12:59:18 AM
quote:
Zair impressed everyone with:
I meant releasing photos, not prisoners. Actually though, releasing all the photos/video right now probably wouldn't be a good idea.

No.

Drysart
Pancake
posted 05-10-2004 01:15:00 AM
The worst ones won't be released until December.
Gadani
U
posted 05-10-2004 01:16:17 AM
quote:
Drysart enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
The worst ones won't be released until December.

What gives you that idea?

Zair
The Imp
posted 05-10-2004 01:17:01 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Gadani said:

The significance of what happens in November.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 05-10-2004 12:51:56 PM
quote:
Gadani had this to say about Knight Rider:

it's after elections

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Zair
The Imp
posted 05-10-2004 12:52:54 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael said this about your mom:
it's after elections

That's what I said

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 05-10-2004 12:54:27 PM
What is that in your sigpic, btw? Looks pretty cool.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Zair
The Imp
posted 05-10-2004 12:58:00 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about Cuba:
What is that in your sigpic, btw? Looks pretty cool.

It is a figure from Confrontation, a French miniature game.

The figure is from the Alchemists of Dirz army

bob12121212
Pancake
posted 05-10-2004 01:28:29 PM
I have a feeling that those photos will live on for generations in the minds of middle eastern people. It will do nothing for their view of america, and it will probobly inspire more hatred. I'm glad I live in the land of the Beavers.......
Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-10-2004 04:56:02 PM
quote:
The Knight wrote this stupid crap:
I have a feeling that those photos will live on for generations in the minds of middle eastern people. It will do nothing for their view of america, and it will probobly inspire more hatred. I'm glad I live in the land of the Beavers.......

Yeah, when you're irrelevant to the world, you're usually safe for awhile.

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 05-10-2004 05:11:34 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan impressed everyone with:
Yeah, when you're irrelevant to the world, you're usually safe for awhile.

He's right, though.

And why do you keep resorting to snide comments about everyone who says something remotely negative about US even when they have a legitimate point? Rational arguments are better at convincing people.

All said and done, I'm glad I don't live in the US right now, too.

Jens fucked around with this message on 05-10-2004 at 05:12 PM.

hey
Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-10-2004 05:38:36 PM
quote:
Jens enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
He's right, though.

And why do you keep resorting to snide comments about everyone who says something remotely negative about US even when they have a legitimate point? Rational arguments are better at convincing people.

All said and done, I'm glad I don't live in the US right now, too.

It's not a rational argument? You think Canada is relevant in any way, shape or form?

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 05-10-2004 05:57:57 PM
They make okay beer. And if we didn't have the Canadians to make fun of, we'd have to pick on the Mexicans. And nobody wants to pick on the Mexicans. They got that Mexican judo going on.

Ju dunno if they got a knife. Ju dunno if they got a gun. Ju dunno.

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 05-10-2004 05:58:39 PM
quote:
The Knight had this to say about (_|_):

Yeah, a bunch of people who before hated us and wanted to kill us now....hate us and want to kill us. They're still upset over the CRUSADES for fuck's sake, and that was centuries ago. This latest affair is like pouring a teaspoon of water on someone drowning in an ocean.

And while I am in no way, shape or form condoning or trying to trivialize what is a terrible, terrible thing, I have some new for you. The largest abousers and killers of Moslems isn't America, it's, surprise, OTHER MOSLEMS. But hey, don't try and cloud the issue with facts, since that, ya know, gets in the way of their whole "Moslem world as victims of the evil Christian and Zionist criminals" worldview that they conviniently use to recruit more insane, shit-head terrorists.

By all means, investigate this affair thoroughly. Where evidence exists, prosecute the offenders and if they're found guilty, then nail their fucking nutsacks to floor over it. And put the word out to everyone that they'll get the same and worse if they step over the line. And make certain that line is clearly deliniated and well-lit so there's NO doubt about where it is. A lot of folks are going to end up with their careers collapsing around them in heaps of flaming ruins. So be it. And don't be afraid to investigate just the folks working the prison. If the trail of responsiblity leads back to the Pentagon, that's fine too. If the odd general or Undersecretary has to cash it in because of something they did or didn't do, I won't shed any tears.

BUT...and this is a very important but, don't turn it into a witch hunt. If you're gonna get rid of what's bad, use a scalpel and not a hatchet. Fucking over a bunch of innocent folks to assuage public passions is just as bad as letting the guilty take a walk.

Callalron fucked around with this message on 05-10-2004 at 06:01 PM.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Mod
Pancake
posted 05-10-2004 09:12:51 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan Model 2000 was programmed to say:
It's not a rational argument? You think Canada is relevant in any way, shape or form?

It provides a very good standard of living to it's citizens, has a healthy economy, functioning democracy, is internationally respected, etc, in that sense it is relevant. If you measure relevancy by sheer ability to invade and conquer then yes, it may be a rather irrelevant country but a lot of people simply do not care for that kind of relevancy. Most of Europe, with the exception of the UK and maybe France couldn't project power beyond their own barnyard today and the huns aren't conquering the place just yet.

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-10-2004 10:27:13 PM
Naturally, you attempt to appeal to the "bloodthirsty American" stereotype. Inaccurate, but I can't blame you; it's the easiest one to use.

Anyways, I judge relevance as being able to make an impact on the world today.

Canada's a fine country, don't get me wrong, but if it up and vanished tomorrow, we could get by without it.

Ares
posted 05-10-2004 10:39:44 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Knight Rider:
Naturally, you attempt to appeal to the "bloodthirsty American" stereotype. Inaccurate, but I can't blame you; it's the easiest one to use.

Anyways, I judge relevance as being able to make an impact on the world today.

Canada's a fine country, don't get me wrong, but if it up and vanished tomorrow, we could get by without it.

And where would you get your water from?

Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-10-2004 10:42:46 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Ares said this:
And where would you get your water from?

Why, the gaping hole where you used to be.

Ares
posted 05-10-2004 10:43:23 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Why, the gaping hole where you used to be.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: