EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Gay marriage
Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 03-30-2004 09:00:40 PM
....and then I said, 'STFU, fag.'
'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 03-30-2004 09:01:51 PM
quote:
Broadzilla had this to say about (_|_):
If the rant was even longer than it is now, I don't think anyone would read this thread.

Agreed. Even while reading the original rant, I felt my brain slowly losing interest because everything wasa mish-mash of thoughts and conjured thinking.

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Steven Steve
posted 03-30-2004 09:03:08 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Zephyer Kyuukaze stammered:
Not all marriages are Christian, and not all religions are against homosexuality.

Well ok, but that doesn't rectify all the people getting married in Christian churches.

The people getting married in states buildings and etc. like in San Fransisco makes sense, but not in the Christian churches.

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Drysart
Pancake
posted 03-30-2004 09:06:27 PM
quote:
Maho scribbled:
one must consider that marriage in the United States is in the Christian format before the Christian God

No it's not.

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 03-30-2004 09:06:58 PM
quote:
Fazum'Zen Fastfist had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Well ok, but that doesn't rectify all the people getting married in Christian churches.

The people getting married in states buildings and etc. like in San Fransisco makes sense, but not in the Christian churches.

Yeah, its not like you turn on the TV and see all these gay couples getting married en-masse in a church, but instead like a convention centre or some other building.

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Ares
posted 03-30-2004 09:07:14 PM
quote:
Drysart wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
No it's not.

Drysart is in on the fun!

Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-30-2004 09:07:35 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Drysart!
No it's not.

I bet you crave the pooper.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 03-30-2004 09:07:35 PM
Since when is marriage a strictly Christian tradition?

[ 03-30-2004: Message edited by: Kegwen ]

Drysart
Pancake
posted 03-30-2004 09:11:39 PM
quote:
Kegwen scribbled:
Since when is message a strictly Christian tradition?

Since the Christians decided to try to claim it as their own, like this guy's trying to do.

People were getting married long before the Christians thought of it. People will still be getting married long after Christianity is nothing but a few paragraphs in a dusty history book.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-30-2004 09:12:25 PM
quote:
Verily, Drysart doth proclaim:
Since the Christians decided to try to claim it as their own, like this guy's trying to do.

People were getting married long before the Christians thought of it. People will still be getting married long after Christianity is nothing but a few paragraphs in a dusty history book.

When we all celebrate Festivus?

I like the idea of a holiday that has the airing of grievances and feats of strength.

Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 03-30-2004 09:13:52 PM
And the festivus pole!!

A festivus for the restovus!

'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
Drysart
Pancake
posted 03-30-2004 09:14:34 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan tried to impress everyone with:
When we all celebrate Festivus?

I like the idea of a holiday that has the airing of grievances and feats of strength.

I'm afraid we're still working on the sacrificing animals to god rituals that the Old Testament says we should be doing. I'll have to get back to you on Festivus.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-30-2004 09:15:25 PM
quote:
Drysart said this about your mom:
I'm afraid we're still working on the sacrificing animals to god rituals that the Old Testament says we should be doing. I'll have to get back to you on Festivus.

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 03-30-2004 09:16:28 PM
Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 03-30-2004 09:27:42 PM
Where, exactly, n Leviticus 23 does it say that? I mean..

quote:
Leviticus 23

1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts. 3 Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings. 4 These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons. 5 In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the LORD's passover. 6 And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the LORD: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread. 7 In the first day ye shall have an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein. 8 But ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD seven days: in the seventh day is an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein. 9 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 10 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest: 11 And he shall wave the sheaf before the LORD, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the sabbath the priest shall wave it. 12 And ye shall offer that day when ye wave the sheaf an he lamb without blemish of the first year for a burnt offering unto the LORD. 13 And the meat offering thereof shall be two tenth deals of fine flour mingled with oil, an offering made by fire unto the LORD for a sweet savour: and the drink offering thereof shall be of wine, the fourth part of an hin. 14 And ye shall eat neither bread, nor parched corn, nor green ears, until the selfsame day that ye have brought an offering unto your God: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings. 15 And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven sabbaths shall be complete: 16 Even unto the morrow after the seventh sabbath shall ye number fifty days; and ye shall offer a new meat offering unto the LORD. 17 Ye shall bring out of your habitations two wave loaves of two tenth deals; they shall be of fine flour; they shall be baken with leaven; they are the firstfruits unto the LORD. 18 And ye shall offer with the bread seven lambs without blemish of the first year, and one young bullock, and two rams: they shall be for a burnt offering unto the LORD, with their meat offering, and their drink offerings, even an offering made by fire, of sweet savour unto the LORD. 19 Then ye shall sacrifice one kid of the goats for a sin offering, and two lambs of the first year for a sacrifice of peace offerings. 20 And the priest shall wave them with the bread of the firstfruits for a wave offering before the LORD, with the two lambs: they shall be holy to the LORD for the priest. 21 And ye shall proclaim on the selfsame day, that it may be an holy convocation unto you: ye shall do no servile work therein: it shall be a statute for ever in all your dwellings throughout your generations. 22 And when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not make clean riddance of the corners of thy field when thou reapest, neither shalt thou gather any gleaning of thy harvest: thou shalt leave them unto the poor, and to the stranger: I am the LORD your God. 23 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 24 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation. 25 Ye shall do no servile work therein: but ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD. 26 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 27 Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD. 28 And ye shall do no work in that same day: for it is a day of atonement, to make an atonement for you before the LORD your God. 29 For whatsoever soul it be that shall not be afflicted in that same day, he shall be cut off from among his people. 30 And whatsoever soul it be that doeth any work in that same day, the same soul will I destroy from among his people. 31 Ye shall do no manner of work: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings. 32 It shall be unto you a sabbath of rest, and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath. 33 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 34 Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, The fifteenth day of this seventh month shall be the feast of tabernacles for seven days unto the LORD. 35 On the first day shall be an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein. 36 Seven days ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD: on the eighth day shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD: it is a solemn assembly; and ye shall do no servile work therein. 37 These are the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, to offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD, a burnt offering, and a meat offering, a sacrifice, and drink offerings, every thing upon his day: 38 Beside the sabbaths of the LORD, and beside your gifts, and beside all your vows, and beside all your freewill offerings, which ye give unto the LORD. 39 Also in the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when ye have gathered in the fruit of the land, ye shall keep a feast unto the LORD seven days: on the first day shall be a sabbath, and on the eighth day shall be a sabbath. 40 And ye shall take you on the first day the boughs of goodly trees, branches of palm trees, and the boughs of thick trees, and willows of the brook; and ye shall rejoice before the LORD your God seven days. 41 And ye shall keep it a feast unto the LORD seven days in the year. It shall be a statute for ever in your generations: ye shall celebrate it in the seventh month. 42 Ye shall dwell in booths seven days; all that are Israelites born shall dwell in booths: 43 That your generations may know that I made the children of Israel to dwell in booths, when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God. 44 And Moses declared unto the children of Israel the feasts of the LORD.

I read it twice. Did I miss something?

Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 03-30-2004 09:27:50 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Drysart wrote:

mmm... and what a gloriously enlightened time in human history that shall be *swoons at the thought*

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 03-30-2004 09:43:31 PM
quote:
Maho stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
I made that point. The arguement is against gay marriage in the Christian aspect. Like or not, the Bible governs Christian thinking and morals; it's just the way it works. The Bible itself is against homosexuality as a whole (Leviticus 23), to say nothing of gay marriage. I've no problem with social/civil unions, only with the idea of gay marriage under Christian ideals.

Leviticus 23? Want to give the full scripture identity? Leviticus 23:1 - 23:44 covers rules for various holy days and feasts. Nothing about sex in there.

Leviticus 18:23 has to do with not having sex with animals. Did you intend to say Leviticus 18:22?

If you're going to use Leviticus as reason for your beliefs, then I must ask if you follow ALL of Leviticus, or just the bits that fit what you want to do. How about Leviticus 19:27? Leviticus 14:33 - 14:53? Leviticus 24:15 - 24:22? Maybe Leviticus 11:9 - 11:12? Or do you like shrimp?

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 03-30-2004 09:44:14 PM
Whatever happened to that newb who was trying to convert us all to Islam or something? We need to get him/her in here and have them duke it out.

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 03-30-2004 09:45:01 PM
Damn Gikk, I hope that was a cut-n-paste, because that's alot of typing.
I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 03-30-2004 09:49:16 PM
pwning of biblical proportions... literally
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 03-30-2004 09:50:21 PM
quote:
KaLourin had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
pwning of biblical proportions... literally

hee hee

"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 03-30-2004 09:50:30 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Gunslinger Moogle!
Whatever happened to that newb who was trying to convert us all to Islam or something? We need to get him/her in here and have them duke it out.

*booming voice*
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! See Islam and Christianity battle it out for worlds most pointless battle in history! There'll be plenty of action and NO ONE WILL CARE!

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-30-2004 10:02:54 PM
Wooops

[ 03-30-2004: Message edited by: Karnaj ]

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Synjari
Warrior Princess
Cookie Seraphim!
posted 03-30-2004 10:09:38 PM
The whole omg gay people are going to hell crap aside.. The bible says one man one woman and its pretty clear? Hmm.. I seem to have read ALOT in the bible about men having multiple wives.... Read that WIVES.. so even in that you're just digging yer hole a little deeper. Seriously someone should tag these all out as flame threads so I can really see some fun. ;D
"Villiany wears many masks, none of which are more dangerous than virtue." - "Sleepy Hollow"
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 03-30-2004 10:21:14 PM
Maho, can you kindly go throw yourself off a cliff? I fear that modern technological advances in medicine and warning labels prevents your tainted genes from being removed from the gene pool any other way, and the last thing this world needs is more stupid shits like you cluttering it up

[ 03-30-2004: Message edited by: Khyron ]

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 03-30-2004 10:24:12 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Khyron:
Maho, can you kindly go throw yourself off a cliff? I fear that modern technological advances in medicine and warning labels prevents your tainted genes from being removed from the gene pool any other way, and the last thing this world needs is more stupid shits like you cluttering it up

Darwins theory just went flying out the window with this guy (Maho).

[ 03-30-2004: Message edited by: Lechium ]

Ares
posted 03-30-2004 10:25:55 PM
quote:
Khyron had this to say about Robocop:

Aye.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 03-30-2004 10:28:09 PM
quote:
Xyrra had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
mmm... and what a gloriously enlightened time in human history that shall be *swoons at the thought*

Too bad none of us will probably be alive to see it.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Drysart
Pancake
posted 03-30-2004 10:29:20 PM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator scribbled:

Speak for yourself. I have no plans to die.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 03-30-2004 10:30:52 PM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator's fortune cookie read:

stonings, crushings, burning "witches" and "heretics" at the stake....

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 03-30-2004 10:31:35 PM
quote:
Khyron had this to say about John Romero:

Now now, don't be too harsh on him. There was a time long ago when I too might have posted such as this. Hell, I even handed out a few Chick Tracts in my day. Then I actually started thinking for myself, and grew up some.

Maybe someday he will too. Then, maybe, he'll become a good Christian instead of a bad human.

Steven Steve
posted 03-30-2004 10:32:54 PM
Don't be dissin Christianity, bro!
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 03-30-2004 10:33:42 PM
quote:
Drysart's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Speak for yourself. I have no plans to die.

"You lot may die. I expect you will, 'cos you're stupid. Not me, though."
"Then I will see you here again a hundred years from today."

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 03-30-2004 10:35:49 PM
Dear God,

Please save me from your followers.

xoxo,
Moni

Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 03-30-2004 10:37:56 PM
I don't plan on acheiving immortality through my works. I plan on acheiving immortality by not dying.

Think that's a quote, but I can't remember who said it.

[ 03-30-2004: Message edited by: Arttemis ]

Pesco
Is a copyright of Peachis. Don't underestimate his pants, either.
posted 03-30-2004 10:37:58 PM
Just legalize Civil Unions. End of Debate.
You get all the benefits of marriage and none of the religious hype. You can make a civil union a religious experience if you want. There is no real difference, just a term.

People can bitch about the inequality of the different terms, but in the efforts to appease the majority, just STFU and deal. Nothing is equal, people need to get over that fact.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-30-2004 10:43:36 PM
"I dearly hope there's a special place in Hell for you, Arthas." - Uther the Lightbringer

"We may never know, Uther. I intend to live forever." - Arthas

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 03-30-2004 10:49:25 PM
"Oh you don't go platinum, you go Miir. You can even go double Miir.
FUCK JESUS! FUCK HIM TO HELL! HE SCREWED ME OUT OF 20 DOLLARS!" Eric Cartman
Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-30-2004 10:54:13 PM
quote:
Pesco had this to say about (_|_):
Nothing is equal, people need to get over that fact.

I'm always telling that to everyone, but they just accuse me of being arrogant!

At least someone can accept their inferiority. Pesco, I hereby promote you to head Peon.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 03-30-2004 10:57:21 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Pesco:
Just legalize Civil Unions. End of Debate.
You get all the benefits of marriage and none of the religious hype. You can make a civil union a religious experience if you want. There is no real difference, just a term.

People can bitch about the inequality of the different terms, but in the efforts to appease the majority, just STFU and deal. Nothing is equal, people need to get over that fact.

Because, of course, "Seperate but equal" worked so well for those uppity grandmothers, now didn't it?

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: