EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Gay marriage
very important poster
a sweet title
posted 03-31-2004 01:00:47 PM
I think this is the first time I've ever seen Parce being this stupid on EC. Way to blow a fuse, dude.
hey
Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 03-31-2004 01:04:04 PM
quote:
Jens had this to say about Robocop:
I think this is the first time I've ever seen Parce being this stupid on EC. Way to blow a fuse, dude.

He already apologized and moved on, you're a bit too late for the witch hunt bucko.

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-31-2004 01:30:40 PM
Fo'get it. I don't wanna fight no more.

I have now paid Liam to ram his blunderbuss up Jens' chimney. Sleep with one eye open.

[ 03-31-2004: Message edited by: Mr. Parcelan ]

Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 03-31-2004 01:41:07 PM
Oh fuck no...the last thing this thread needs is another Parce vs. Lyinar shitfest. Edit: Ok, that's good that we're calming down here, at least Parce is willing to let this end, so let's all cut this off and go grab a pint to cool off with.

This thread should've ended with Maho's head upon a pike or being smacked with the banstick.

[ 03-31-2004: Message edited by: Azrael Heavenblade ]

"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
Ryuujin
posted 03-31-2004 01:45:43 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Mr. Parcelan stammered:
Fo'get it. I don't wanna fight no more.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-31-2004 01:47:24 PM
quote:
Ryuujin had this to say about Duck Tales:

I still want to fight you.

*smacks Ryuujin with a sea bass*

Ryuujin
posted 03-31-2004 01:48:08 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Cuba:
I still want to fight you.

*smacks Ryuujin with a sea bass*

Yes, I know.

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 03-31-2004 02:03:33 PM
I think everyone here needs to calm down and re-focus on the true purpose of this thread.

Mocking Maho for being a little cunt.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-31-2004 02:05:10 PM
quote:
Khyron attempted to be funny by writing:
I think everyone here needs to calm down and re-focus on the true purpose of this thread.

Mocking Maho for being a little cunt.

Maho is done. I'm done. We need a new topic.

...like...Leonard Nimoy vs. William Shatner.

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 03-31-2004 02:53:42 PM
quote:
Reynar had this to say about Duck Tales:
He already apologized and moved on, you're a bit too late for the witch hunt bucko.

If it mattered at all I'd try to figure out how a comment like that is a "witch hunt".

But let's reverse the order of what I said here, since that's more in line with what I was trying to say. I've never seen Parce blow a fuse over something so small, and it seemed pretty stupid to me.

hey
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 03-31-2004 02:54:40 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael had this to say about pies:
Comedy gold!

Some things you just can't laugh at. What varies from person to person.

We stumbled upon a sore spot for Parce. The best thing to do is accept that fact, remember to avoid it in the future, and move on.

Right?

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 03-31-2004 03:41:28 PM
well then...

I just try to stay out of other people's religions... let them believe what they want to, as long as they don't try impose it on me.

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Kermitov
Pancake
posted 03-31-2004 04:24:02 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Delphi Aegis wrote:
Bloodsage would have a fucking feild day on this guy.

I'm just sad it isn't a flame thread.

OMG I BEFORE E!

sorry, I just had to

[ 03-31-2004: Message edited by: Kermitov ]

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 03-31-2004 11:03:50 PM
quote:
So quoth Palador ChibiDragon:
We stumbled upon a sore spot for Parce. The best thing to do is accept that fact, remember to avoid it in the future, and move on.

Right?

No, the best thing to do is to grind it into the ground!

God is a sissy. Only sissies wear Togas.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-31-2004 11:11:26 PM
quote:
Snoota enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
No, the best thing to do is to grind it into the ground!

God is a sissy. Only sissies wear Togas.

Zeus boned everything with a vagina and he wore a toga.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 03-31-2004 11:12:59 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Maho wrote:
Not really sure why I'm posting this rant but I figured it'd be interesting to see if anyone agrees with me.
I have this thing against gay marriage. For a while, I couldn't really figure out why beyond my problem with homosexuality in general. Then someone asked what the problem was with two people proclaiming their love before God, whether gay or straight. This set off all sorts of alarms in my head and I started to think about what marriage really is. It came to me that marriage isn't a declaration of two people's love at all (at least, not primarily). In fact, love plays little part in the actual act of marriage itself. Undeniably, love is often a motivator in marriage and it certainly does help, but it has been proven time and again that love is not a necessary part of marriage. Marriage, in its truest form, is not any kind of declaration of love, but a literal merging of two people's souls which is physically represented by the consummation of marriage (that first night's sex). Also, marriage, in the Christian aspect at least, is intended for one man and one woman, the Bible is pretty clear on that. Now, it may not seem to good to argue on what the Bible says, but one must consider that marriage in the United States is in the Christian format before the Christian God. One must consider the implications of that before one tries to say that gay marriage is acceptable. I've not a problem with social unions allowing a same-sex partner to get benefits from the other partner as a wife from a husband, but I do have a problem with the idea of a gay marriage before God. I dunno, I guess it just doesn't sit right with me.

But who says all marrages should be under God?

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 03-31-2004 11:21:02 PM
quote:
Trillee wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
But who says all marrages should be under God?

I think you're about a hundred and seventy four posts too late, m'dear.

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 03-31-2004 11:23:38 PM
quote:
Gunslinger Moogle had this to say about (_|_):
I think you're about a hundred and seventy four posts too late, m'dear.

Eh, go on vacation... come back in the middle(last) of this.. and that's what happens.

Ryuujin
posted 03-31-2004 11:33:51 PM
quote:
Snoota had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Only sissies wear Togas.

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 03-31-2004 11:43:52 PM
My dad says he was a good guy. My Dad worked security on the set of Blues Brothers(he was a cop in Harvey Illinois when they were filming it down there) and ate lunch with Belushi every day of filming. Belushi would swing by his post and grab him for a half hour to eat lunch, heh.

[ 03-31-2004: Message edited by: Snoota ]

Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 04-01-2004 12:00:29 AM
Meh, I haven't posted on this thread yet, but I have nothing usefull to say.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: