EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: The "Ask Gydyon" thread
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 02-12-2004 12:17:08 AM
Dear Gydyon,

You posted WHAT?!?!?!?

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 02-12-2004 01:14:59 AM
quote:
Somthor had this to say about dark elf butts:
Dear Gydyon:

I have too much free time on my hands what should I do with it all?

Kill yourself. No really, it's cool.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Snoota
posted 02-12-2004 01:22:18 AM
quote:
Callalron spewed forth this undeniable truth:
Kill yourself. No really, it's cool.

kills himself

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 02-12-2004 01:31:10 AM
That advice wasn't for you foo!

We buy you books, send you to school and what do you do? You eat the teacher. I swear, some people's kids.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Snoota
posted 02-12-2004 01:34:20 AM
Joy to the world,
The teacher's dead.
We barbequed his head.
Don't worry about the body,
We flushed it down the potty,
And watched it go 'round and 'round,
Let Heaven and Nature sing,
Let Heaven and Nature sing,
Let Heeeeaven and Naaaaaaaaaaature sing.
Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 02-12-2004 03:06:28 AM
Dear Gydyon,

I like the girl down the hall, and I'm getting a good vibe from her. Should I get her a rose for Valentine's Day or Chocolate?

Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 02-12-2004 10:36:54 AM
I SHALL ANSWER NOW!

quote:
There was much rejoicing when Lechium said this:
Dear Gydyon,
edit: Why do penguins live in the southern hemisphere but not the northern hemisphere?

Because they got a package rate to go south thinking it would be warmer. The lawsuit against their travel agent continues....

quote:
Nobody really understood why Rebel Nae wrote:
Dear Gydyon, what is your favorite salad dressing?

Balsamic Vinagrette

quote:
Sakkra had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
Dear Gydyon, do you use your legal powers for good or evil?

Good. Unless ruining lives and corrupting souls is evil. But if that's wrong, I don't wanna be right.

quote:
Abbikat painfully thought these words up:
Dear Gydyon,

WHAT'S THAT BEHIND YOU?!??!!?

A view of the river and Station Square. Nothing to worry about.

quote:
We were all impressed when Mr. Gainsborough wrote:
Dear Gydyon,

(see sig line)

No. They must be Aeris'. Go ahead and smell them, you know you want to.

quote:
Nobody really understood why diadem wrote:
Dear Gydyon,

[xIMG]http://www.northeastpaintball.org/albums/cliche/shotweb_001.jpg[/IMG]

I think it involves a $300 million production budget, so you're just out of luck.

quote:
ToastedFritters had this to say about (_|_):
Dear Gydyon,
How can I become a better EC member?

*please don't say "stop posting"*

Since I can find nothing about you that makes you stand out, nor do I know you well, my only advice is to go along, and post insightfully. That means thinking before you post, which I know is hard for some.

quote:
A sleep deprived Alaan stammered:
Dear Gydyon,

Why?

quote:
We were all impressed when Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael wrote:
Dear Gydyon,
Why is the sky blue, water wet, and dogs insufferably cheerful?

or barring that...

Why is Jania such a weiner?

Something to do with the visual spectrum, because I peed in it, and because they are too stupid to reflect on their lives and make themselves needlessly miserable. I refuse to answer your final question because the only result can be dozens of alt accounts posting in this thread.

quote:
Snoota was naked while typing this:
Dear Gydyon,

To be, or not to be?

That is the question.
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep
No more.

I'd go with be.

quote:
How.... Gunslinger Moogle.... uughhhhhh:
Dear Gydyon:

People are absolutely INSISTING I must be the second coming of Jesus, yet I'm Buddhist and I can't walk on water or turn water to wine (have not yet had occasion to try to cure leprosy, although I can apparently bestow mental well-being by laying on of hands and cure back sores).

help?

Mr. Moogle, I know Jesus. He's a friend of mine, and you, sir, are no Jesus.

But I'll take some mental well-being when you get a chance.

quote:
Palador ChibiDragon stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
Dear Gydyon,

Why didn't God just put the tree someplace where Adam and Eve couldn't get to it?

A dififcult question for which I will need to think deeply to struggle with an answer, which will be fun but I don't have time for right now. However: if the tree was not accessible, would that not mean that Adam and Eve had "free will," but no free choice due to lack of choices? That does not sound like an idyllic place to me, but rather a prison for the mind. But that's rambling and will spark more debate than I've pondered, so let me instead respond with the goofy Pulp Fiction answer:

But apples taste good. Applesauce tastes good.

quote:
Delidgamond got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
Dear Gydyon,

Let's say "hypathetically" I beat up a certain asian male and "hypathetically" there was a lot of witnesses and "hypathetically" I perminantly disfigured his face and "hypathetically" he sues me. Could I get off scott free??

Hypothetically, you're screwed. You're up for civil assault and battery, personal injury liability, and criminal charges. Don't drop the soap.

quote:
Snoota had this to say about Cuba:
Dear Gydyon,

[xIMG]http://static.evercrest.com/forums/images/thanks_for_posting5.jpg[/IMG]

You posted WHAT?!?!?!?

ur mom

quote:
Nobody really understood why Ferret wrote:
Dear Gydyon,

I like the girl down the hall, and I'm getting a good vibe from her. Should I get her a rose for Valentine's Day or Chocolate?

Put your hands together, friend, and give both. Then tell her you'd like to go out with her so its clear you're not just a nice guy, but have real interest. Worst thing that can happen is she thinks you're sweet but does not want to go out with you. Then you have a friend.

By the way, monkeys on my ignore list don't get answers even if they are quoted later on.

Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-12-2004 10:41:37 AM
Dear Gydyon,

What kind of cookie do you like most? ^.^

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 02-12-2004 10:42:48 AM
Dear Gydyon,

How did I get so god damn sexy?
Am I just lucky, or was I sculpted from the essense of beauty itself?

Thanks,
Sexy in Seatle.

On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 02-12-2004 10:43:36 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Katrinity said:
Dear Gydyon,

What kind of cookie do you like most? ^.^

When I can eat them, chocolate chunk.

Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-12-2004 10:44:23 AM
quote:
Gydyon stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
When I can eat them, chocolate chunk.

<hands Gydyon a Chocolate Chunk Cookie fresh from the oven and 100% Fat/Carb free>

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Cherveny
Papaya
posted 02-12-2004 10:45:34 AM
Dear Gydyon,

<Insert StandardQuestion#26054 here>

Gydyon
posted 02-12-2004 10:45:39 AM
quote:
A_Blindy_005 got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
Dear Gydyon,

How did I get so god damn sexy?
Am I just lucky, or was I sculpted from the essense of beauty itself?

Thanks,
Sexy in Seatle.

Blind luck. HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Star Collective
Pancake
posted 02-12-2004 10:47:03 AM
Dear Gydyon,

Will I ever find true a love just for me?

The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain. - Ursula K. LeGuin ~ The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas
Gydyon
posted 02-12-2004 10:53:40 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Star Collective:
Dear Gydyon,

Will I ever find true a love just for me?

Perhaps. Get to know and love yourself first, be comfortable with you, and then you have a good chance.

Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 02-12-2004 11:20:38 AM
quote:
Man, who wouldn't want to be Gydyon:
Blind luck. HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 02-12-2004 11:42:58 AM
Question the First: Dear Gydyon, how do you get self-confidence around women if the only thing you get to draw off of is a rather impressive list of failures? And alongside that, once you get self-confidence how do you make women like you?

Question the Second: Dear Gydyon, who will win the NL Central? Will it be the Yankstros, the Old-School (Hopefully, ha ha) Cubs, or maybe a surprise run the by Brewers?

Question the Third: Dear Gydyon, if it's de_dust and the terrorists are running an AWP camp in both tunnels, and all I have is enough money for a TMP, and my team is all dead, how do I win the game?

Question the Fourth: Dear Gydyon, my opponent in Madden 2004 is playing as the raiders, and I'm playing as the Texans. My opponent runs streaks and chucks the ball to Jerry Rice, and even with triple coverage I cannot seem to stop him. What is a good defense to kill the terrorists?

[ 02-12-2004: Message edited by: Lenlalron Flameblaster ]

Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 02-12-2004 12:34:33 PM
Dear Gydyon, why do men have nipples?
Gydyon
posted 02-12-2004 01:09:32 PM
quote:
Cherveny had this to say about Tron:
Dear Gydyon,

<Insert StandardQuestion#26054 here>

I'd say that's about right.

Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Gydyon
posted 02-12-2004 01:10:28 PM
quote:
Sakkra had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Dear Gydyon, why do men have nipples?

For the important bonding rituals in middle school and fraternities.

Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Gydyon
posted 02-12-2004 01:14:28 PM
quote:
Lenlalron Flameblaster had this to say about Cuba:
Question the First: Dear Gydyon, how do you get self-confidence around women if the only thing you get to draw off of is a rather impressive list of failures? And alongside that, once you get self-confidence how do you make women like you?

Question the Second: Dear Gydyon, who will win the NL Central? Will it be the Yankstros, the Old-School (Hopefully, ha ha) Cubs, or maybe a surprise run the by Brewers?

Question the Third: Dear Gydyon, if it's de_dust and the terrorists are running an AWP camp in both tunnels, and all I have is enough money for a TMP, and my team is all dead, how do I win the game?

Question the Fourth: Dear Gydyon, my opponent in Madden 2004 is playing as the raiders, and I'm playing as the Texans. My opponent runs streaks and chucks the ball to Jerry Rice, and even with triple coverage I cannot seem to stop him. What is a good defense to kill the terrorists?

1. Self-confidence is a state of mind. It's not something you "get," it's something you decide to have. If you're convinced you're useless, then you've convinced yourself not to have confidence, and there is nothing you can do to get it. Someday you'll either decide to get over that, or you'll find someone with a similar neurosis who will want to be with you despite this issue. THe key is not caring whether you "score," but instead deciding to juyst enjoy yourself and lay off on the pressure.
2. Cubs or 'Stros, depending on how the Astros retread pitching staff performs. I'd have to give the edge to the Cubs until I see how that rotation in Houston works. My Pirates will be in the cellar alongside the Brewers.
3. The only winning move is not to play.
4. Hitting your opponent over the head with a controller.

Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 02-12-2004 02:10:13 PM
Dear Gydyon,

What must I do to take over the world.

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 02-12-2004 02:20:16 PM
Dear Gydyon,
There is a certain EC'er I am hot for. How do I convince him that I'd like to shag him 8 ways come Sunday without coming off too desperate?

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 02-12-2004 02:40:47 PM
Dear Gydyon

As of late, my farts have smelled more than normal. Why?

Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 02-12-2004 03:02:59 PM
Ok, serious questions: 1. Would you say an English major has a decent chance at a pre-law program, or does it even matter what major you have, ie a chemical engineer can still be pre-law?

2. Should you head immediately from college to law school if you plan on heading into the business, or wait?

3. When should I plan on taking the LSAT's, partially based on the above question...?

"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 02-12-2004 03:08:42 PM
Dear Gydyon

I also have a serious question. I am, at the moment, debating between majors. My current planned field after graduation is Journalism. I have a good amount of experience in said field already. My plan WAS to major in this.

BUT.

I have always WANTED to study Philosophy and Religion. Thing is, I am not sure if I can get a job with a degree there as opposed to with the Journalism degree. Note that each of these would eventually end up as a 6 year degree at the very least. They will be 4 year for now, then I pay off bills for a bit, then go into a masters program.

Help!

Aaron (the good one)
posted 02-12-2004 03:15:30 PM
Dear Gydyon,

I think lesbians are

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Gydyon
posted 02-12-2004 03:36:45 PM
quote:
Elvish Crack Piper got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
Dear Gydyon,

What must I do to take over the world.

Become smarter, more coherent, and get lots of money. Come back for the rest when you get those.

quote:
Jajahotep's fortune cookie read:
Dear Gydyon,
There is a certain EC'er I am hot for. How do I convince him that I'd like to shag him 8 ways come Sunday without coming off too desperate?

Not possible. We're talking about shagging and a person on the Internet. Nothing necessarily wrong with that sort of relationship, but they often come off desperate no matter how you handle it.

quote:
Falaanla Marr had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
Dear Gydyon

As of late, my farts have smelled more than normal. Why?

Gastrointestinal changes like that are generally due to changes in diet or irregularity. Take a fiber supplement and see what you're eating differently and stop.

quote:
Azrael Heavenblade thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Ok, serious questions: 1. Would you say an English major has a decent chance at a pre-law program, or does it even matter what major you have, ie a chemical engineer can still be pre-law?

2. Should you head immediately from college to law school if you plan on heading into the business, or wait?

3. When should I plan on taking the LSAT's, partially based on the above question...?

1. Major makes absolutely no difference, although some majors prepare you for the problem-solving in the LSAT better than others.
2. Head into business first and take it at night. Scholarships are rare for law school, so you can expect to fork out $30,000 plus per year in tuition financed by loans. That results in a loan debt the size of a mortgage. If finances are not an issue, go straight through and intern in businesses and law firms.
3. Fall of your senior year, in any case. If you do badly, take them again when you're out.

quote:
Falaanla Marr had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Dear Gydyon

I also have a serious question. I am, at the moment, debating between majors. My current planned field after graduation is Journalism. I have a good amount of experience in said field already. My plan WAS to major in this.

BUT.

I have always WANTED to study Philosophy and Religion. Thing is, I am not sure if I can get a job with a degree there as opposed to with the Journalism degree. Note that each of these would eventually end up as a 6 year degree at the very least. They will be 4 year for now, then I pay off bills for a bit, then go into a masters program.

Help!

Major in journalism, take philosophy and religion electives. 6 year programs in liberal arts will just take too long and be too useless for a career. You can always learn that stuff on your own if you run out of electives.

Delid, that was not a question.

[ 02-12-2004: Message edited by: Gydyon ]

Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Snoota
posted 02-12-2004 03:38:55 PM
Dear Gydyon,

There's this girl I really like. Should I slip her a Funky Cold Medina and risk taking her home and finding she's a man?

Please help!

Snoota
posted 02-12-2004 03:40:24 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Jajahotep said:
Dear Gydyon,

You could just tell me.

Gydyon
posted 02-12-2004 03:43:49 PM
quote:
Snoota thought about the meaning of life:
Dear Gydyon,

There's this girl I really like. Should I slip her a Funky Cold Medina and risk taking her home and finding she's a man?

Please help!

Is he doing the wild thing on your leg?

Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 02-12-2004 03:46:50 PM
Dear Gydyon:

If beam AB, which is .4 meters long, has a 300 Newton Compression force exerted on it, an elastic constant of 300 GPa, and an ultimate strength of 400 MPA, what is the minimum cross sectional area in which there is a factor of safety of three?

With that area, what is the linear deformation?

Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
Gydyon
posted 02-12-2004 03:49:27 PM
quote:
Lenlalron Flameblaster had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
Dear Gydyon:

If beam AB, which is .4 meters long, has a 300 Newton Compression force exerted on it, an elastic constant of 300 GPa, and an ultimate strength of 400 MPA, what is the minimum cross sectional area in which there is a factor of safety of three?

With that area, what is the linear deformation?

This is Ask Gydyon, not Ask Gydyon to do my Homework. My last math class was 1992, and my last physics class was astrophysics in 1993. I got no clue, except to say wow look at the pretty numbers.

Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Abbikat
Tastes best with pudding
posted 02-12-2004 03:51:49 PM
Dear Gydyon,

What's the state of the belly lately? Have you managed to retain the svelte form you acheived for the wedding?

Were-Tigress Disciple of Lycanthropy
Perma-lowbie, addicted to MMORPGs
My LiveJournal

Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 02-12-2004 03:51:52 PM
Dear Gydyon:

How much would I be sued for if I was to apply a 16 kiloNewton force on your face?

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-12-2004 03:55:23 PM
quote:
This one time, at Lenlalron Flameblaster camp:
Dear Gydyon:

How much would I be sued for if I was to apply a 16 kiloNewton force on your face?

I highly doubt you have something that could produce 3596 pounds of force on Gydyon's face.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 02-12-2004 04:00:19 PM
Hey, they're building a new building near the Technological building, and they leave cranes unattended.

Better watch out, Gydyon!

Gydyon
posted 02-12-2004 04:00:43 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Abbikat:
Dear Gydyon,

What's the state of the belly lately? Have you managed to retain the svelte form you acheived for the wedding?

I gained a bit over the holidays, but have lost all of it again. I'm moving into an agressive exercise-based Phase 2 to get the additional weight I would like to lose off.

quote:
Lenlalron Flameblaster painfully thought these words up:
Dear Gydyon:

Everything you've got and will ever earn, biznatch!

[ 02-12-2004: Message edited by: Gydyon ]

Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 02-12-2004 04:02:20 PM
Gydyon.

If you had the chance to live your life all over again, would you? What would you change?

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 02-12-2004 04:02:31 PM
Dear Gydyon,

What is better, Pepsi or Coke? And along those lines, Vanilla Coke or Vanilla Pepsi?

"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: