EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Abortion
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 11-16-2002 07:53:05 PM
Anti-nem-x
Archon
Pancake
posted 11-16-2002 08:06:20 PM
quote:
Big_Mac Model 2000 was programmed to say:
Are you telling me that the child has any chance at all of becoming well adjusted and having a normal childhood if it were raised by a 15 year old?

Adoption. Or are YOU saying that parents who adopt are inferior to natural parents? ( I am aware that this may open a whole damn can of worms, but i feel its necessary.)

Oh, yeah. Pro-life.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 11-16-2002 08:09:56 PM
Number of unwanted/abandoned bebes > Number of people willing to adopt.

By a long way.

Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 11-16-2002 08:10:49 PM
Not to mention forbidding abortion does nothing but increase the deaths due to illegal abortions - does not decrease the amount of abortions carried out.
Naota Nandaba
Don't ask me about any goddamned bannings!
posted 11-16-2002 08:11:07 PM
quote:
Vorbis stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
I believe that an egg is a human life - so it should be illegal for women to menstruate.

Menstruation is murder!

Nothing amazing happens here.
Only the ordinary.
Archon
Pancake
posted 11-16-2002 08:14:20 PM
quote:
Zaza got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
Not to mention forbidding abortion does nothing but increase the deaths due to illegal abortions - does not decrease the amount of abortions carried out.

Hardly. 50 years ago it was unheard of. Sure it was done illegally so it wasn't advertised, but people KNEW when their best friend got pregnant in high school and a week later "had a miscarriage". Not to mention pre-marital sex has skyrocketed as well.

Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 11-16-2002 08:17:22 PM
quote:
How.... Archon.... uughhhhhh:
Hardly. 50 years ago it was unheard of. Sure it was done illegally so it wasn't advertised, but people KNEW when their best friend got pregnant in high school and a week later "had a miscarriage". Not to mention pre-marital sex has skyrocketed as well.

Look at countries where it has been forbidden. Mostly third-world such, but generally illegal abortions have all but statistically replaced legal ones.

While the illegal ones probably wouldn't cause many deaths in a first-world country, people who really wanted to abort would find a way. It'd just move into the black market.

Pesco
Is a copyright of Peachis. Don't underestimate his pants, either.
posted 11-16-2002 08:29:32 PM
Population Control

Having kids cant be Pro-Life because the Justice System is Pro-Life!

DarkDragoon
Pancake
posted 11-16-2002 08:31:38 PM
(Kinda)Pro-life here =P
"What is Light without Darkness?"
"And to think I could kill every man, woman, and child here if I wanted to. The power of death is intoxicating"
Shadow Knight of Tarew Marr
Eternal Lurker of the Boards.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 11-16-2002 08:38:59 PM
As soon as midnight rolls around, everyone rip in to each other.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Burger
BANNED!
posted 11-16-2002 08:42:20 PM
quote:
Archon had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Adoption. Or are YOU saying that parents who adopt are inferior to natural parents? ( I am aware that this may open a whole damn can of worms, but i feel its necessary.)

Oh, yeah. Pro-life.

I believe that people that choose to adopt are in the majority of cases far superior parents, because the want children, and a mojority of adopters already have kids, but feel that they would like another, or it wouild do some good. However, there are far too few people willing to adopt, and far too many people having irresponsible sex and wanting others to take care of their responsibilities.

Case-in-point: A firend of mine is from a family with 5 children, and as the older ones move off to college and out of the house, the parents adopt kids to replace them, and the parents are now parents to 9 children, with no end visibly in sight. They just felt it would be just as easy to have 5 kids as 4, and they were already used to it, so why not?

but that is not the norm.

Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 11-16-2002 09:04:35 PM
Pro-Choice.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

MadCat the 2nd
Pancake
posted 11-16-2002 09:08:31 PM
[edit: no more dares.]

My opinion: pro-choice.

[ 11-16-2002: Message edited by: MadCat the 2nd ]

"Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that motherfucker upside the head."

ben(at)netmastering(dot)nl

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 11-16-2002 09:10:40 PM
quote:
MadCat the 2nd had this to say about pies:
[edit: no more dares.]

My opinion: pro-choice.

Dootage.

[ 11-16-2002: Message edited by: Vorbo Goatboy ]

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 11-16-2002 09:36:18 PM
On the same day that an equitable resolution to the abortion debate is found, a manmade spacecraft will travel faster than light, Israel and Palestine will kiss and make up, and Harry Potter will stop being popular.
Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Grendel
Pancake
posted 11-16-2002 10:40:58 PM
I support "Post-Natul Abortions"

The slogan is: "Because you don't know how ugly they are until they come out."

Actually I don't support abortions.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 11-16-2002 11:04:50 PM
Pro-life here.

*Cracks his knuckles*

This'll be a fun debate.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 11-16-2002 11:06:34 PM
quote:
Rodent King stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
Pro-life here.

*Cracks his knuckles*

This'll be a fun debate.

Only because you're wrong, and outnumbered.

Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 11-16-2002 11:09:45 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Delphi Aegis wrote:

You still have at least an hour. Keep it civil until then.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 11-16-2002 11:11:00 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Delphi Aegis:

ehh not neccessarily wrong. I may very very very strongly disagree... but they aren't neccessarily wrong.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 11-16-2002 11:16:57 PM
What time zone are we talking about?
»Waisztarroz«
Pancake
posted 11-16-2002 11:17:28 PM
quote:
Rodent King had this to say about pies:
What time zone are we talking about?

I'd say the board clock.

I <3 Steel Battalion!
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 11-16-2002 11:32:59 PM
There are different degrees of "right" and "wrong" here, obviously, and nobody will agree in the end, but from a moral standpoint, any murder is horrid, though if you ask me, you can't really kill them until they're born anyway.

From a less moral, more common sense standpoint, all the faux arguments listed above stand well.

So, yeah.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 11-16-2002 11:35:07 PM
YOUR POST WAS AT 11:32!
Delphi Aegis
posted 11-16-2002 11:37:15 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Rodent King wrote:
YOUR POST WAS AT 11:32!

And contained no arguments FOR or against abortion.
So there.

Monica
posted 11-16-2002 11:40:03 PM
Zygotes are not yet babies. :P

duuuude i like typing

[ 11-16-2002: Message edited by: Veruca Salt ]

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 11-16-2002 11:41:31 PM
I predict by 8 AM tomorrow, this thread will be A) exceeding 400 posts, B) locked, or C) both.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 11-16-2002 11:41:38 PM
Your post was to 'agree to disagree'.

Don't make waves!

*Edit: wrong pic

[ 11-16-2002: Message edited by: Rodent King ]

Monica
posted 11-16-2002 11:43:23 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Rodent King said:
Your post was to 'agree to disagree'.

[IMGx]http://www.harmsy.freeuk.com/oimages/griddy.gif[/IMG]

Don't make waves!

OH GOD MY EYES X_X

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 11-17-2002 12:01:33 AM
This is all about choices.

Women have the choice to have sex, they've also got the choice to wear protection and take the risk of becoming pregnant.

The babies do NOT have the choice of being concieved. They are entitled however to the choice of their own lives. Ask ANY abused/poor/starving child if they want to die. You won't find any that truly do, if their lives were that bad they'd end it themselves some how. What you would find is a bunch of children that were dealt poor hands in life, but are generally thankful for the lives thay've got.

What I'm saying is that the woman's got the choice to create life, not to stop it. I'll finish with this quote from a pro-life speaker:

"Do you think the little babies being slaughtered in the womb would scream if they could?"

[ 11-17-2002: Message edited by: Rodent King ]

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 11-17-2002 12:02:38 AM
quote:
Rodent King's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Time test.

Oh yeah, that's right, the board clock is fast. Heh, I was engrossed in SNL.

Beer.

Monica
posted 11-17-2002 12:06:48 AM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Karnaj:
Oh yeah, that's right, the board clock is fast. Heh, I was engrossed in SNL.

I love Brittany Murphy. ^_^

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 11-17-2002 12:13:59 AM
quote:
Veruca Salt's account was hax0red to write:
I love Brittany Murphy. ^_^

"WHAT DID THEY SAY?"

"...you're gonna die."

So funny.

Beer.

Soldar
I'll take two of anything, please. To go.
posted 11-17-2002 12:14:22 AM
Now I say what George Carlin said on this topic. This is a completely butchered quote, and it summarizes.

"The Pro-Life people care about you most before you're born. And after you're born, they don't care at all."

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 11-17-2002 12:16:51 AM
Board clock finally begun to catch up with the rest of the world. Argument time.

[ 11-17-2002: Message edited by: Dr. Pvednes, PhD ]

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 11-17-2002 12:17:47 AM
quote:
Soldar had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Now I say what George Carlin said on this topic. This is a completely butchered quote, and it summarizes.

"The Pro-Life people care about you most before you're born. And after you're born, they don't care at all."

Is that honestly your only defense of the slaughtering of children?

Obviously us pro-life people care about their lives more than the people trying to kill them.

Soldar
I'll take two of anything, please. To go.
posted 11-17-2002 12:19:25 AM
quote:
Rodent King wrote, obviously thinking too hard:

No. That's just all I felt in contributing.

I'm not even completely set for one side or the other. It's just not my place to decide.

MorbId
Pancake
posted 11-17-2002 12:21:08 AM
I'll counter your quote with one of my own:

"Much of children's willingness to peresevere stems from ignorance of the alternatives."

Starving children, or those who have been left to fend for themselves, will act primarily based on instinct. And basic instinct is to survive, no matter the cost.

Edit: Stupid keyboard.

[ 11-17-2002: Message edited by: MorbId ]

Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 11-17-2002 12:23:05 AM
quote:
Rodent King had this to say about dark elf butts:

Obviously us pro-life people care about their lives more than the people trying to kill them.

Well, they certainly don't care about the lives of the physicians, nurses, and aides they kill in their bombings/shootings.

I'm for potential argument. Until it starts breathing, feeling, and moving, its not alive, its just the potential for life. If it can survive on its own, then I think abortion should not be allowed. But I'm for it in the case that it is a)Teenage parent,b)rape victim,c)unable to financially/emotionally support child.

"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
nem-x
posted 11-17-2002 12:25:23 AM
EMBRYOS WANT A CHOICE TOO!
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: