EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Relationships
Zair
The Imp
posted 12-03-2008 08:13:57 PM
Are you currently in a relationship? Are you happy?

Are you single? How is that going?

Respond so I can read internet forums instead of doing my work.

I'm currently single, and it really isn't too bad. There are a few advantages, at least.

Wouldn't mind finding someone though. I know the conventional wisdom is "don't try too hard to find someone." I think I have been following that advise too well, however. I'm currently in college though, so my prospects can't be terrible.

Zair fucked around with this message on 12-03-2008 at 08:19 PM.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 12-03-2008 08:25:22 PM
I'm dating/living with my girlfriend of three years. I'm pretty happy relationship wise. There will always be a few rough edges, but I'm all right with an occasional tiff or a few arguments.

Something I've found out about long-term relationships: Having stuff in common to do together is great, and in most cases is essential to a relationship to work. However, don't be afraid of having other interests and differences from your partner. A healthy amount of space doing your own stuff apart from your partner isn't a sign of a bad relationship.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-03-2008 08:29:16 PM
I'm single right now. I've had a few relationships/dates/booty calls over the last year. They've all been...pretty good. Companionship is fine, but 90% of my girlfriends have ended up being crazy in some way.

So right now, I don't really mind being single. When someone agreeable comes along, I'll be all up in that shiz. For now, though, most people on this forum who are married, such as Bloodsage, Blindy and Karnaj, seem to be perpetually angry, overly optimistic or a closet sodomite.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-03-2008 08:36:03 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan said:
I'm single right now. I've had a few relationships/dates/booty calls over the last year. They've all been...pretty good. Companionship is fine, but 90% of my girlfriends have ended up being crazy in some way.

So right now, I don't really mind being single. When someone agreeable comes along, I'll be all up in that shiz. For now, though, most people on this forum who are married, such as Bloodsage, Blindy and Karnaj, seem to be perpetually angry, overly optimistic or a closet sodomite.

Quoting this as it fits my situation 100%. Creepily so.

Zair
The Imp
posted 12-03-2008 08:40:06 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Mortious said:
Quoting this as it fits my situation 100%. Creepily so.

how many were real

Steven Steve
posted 12-03-2008 08:49:30 PM
Basically all I've been doing since June or something (end of last relationship) is extended "interviews" of single girls at a time and then figuring out whether they're worth even attempting to have romantic relations with. There have been like 3 failures in a row (i.e. I just ignored them eventually) and I'm on another one now, and there's another girl that's actually worth the effort but she is taken and also lives too far away, ha ha. Fuck you asshole. Perhaps someday soon my system will yield actual results.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 12-03-2008 08:51:39 PM
Happily married.

Cue that retarded nem-x animation.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Steven Steve
posted 12-03-2008 08:52:49 PM
For clarification I don't do one night stands/casual things because I generally don't have the patience to have the pull for that sort of thing, and I'm afraid that I prefer the emotional connection over spreading my seed in the name of the Christ.

quote:
Azakias thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Happily married.

:o

Steven Steve fucked around with this message on 12-03-2008 at 08:53 PM.

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 12-03-2008 08:53:48 PM
I'm married to a hot red head.
Steven Steve
posted 12-03-2008 08:54:10 PM
She is pretty good (especially compared to you ho ho)

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 12-03-2008 09:07:07 PM
quote:
Azakias stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
Happily married.

What she said.

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Mightion Defensor
posted 12-03-2008 09:09:27 PM
Single.

No prospects.

Joined a free dating site. No nibbles yet.

Ladies, when a man tells you he needs to have sex or die, he's lying.

Steven Steve
posted 12-03-2008 09:14:12 PM
what da

nem-x
posted 12-03-2008 09:43:58 PM
quote:
Azakias had this to say about Pirotess:
Happily married.

Greenlit
posted 12-03-2008 09:44:02 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Mightion Defensor said:
Single.

No prospects.

Joined a free dating site. No nibbles yet.

Ladies, when a man tells you he needs to have sex or die, he's lying.

I WAS WAITING FOR THIS

Skaw
posted 12-03-2008 09:45:53 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan attempted to be funny by writing:
Companionship is fine, but 90% of my girlfriends have ended up being crazy in some way.

That's always going to be true, since atleast 90% of women are crazy in some way.

Gadani
U
posted 12-03-2008 10:29:03 PM
In a relationship, happy.

Thanks for asking :thumbsup:

Razor
posted 12-03-2008 10:34:21 PM
I'm scheduled to get married next December, So I'm in a happy relationship. We've known each other since High School, but only got back together about a year and a half ago, and things just hit off. We are living separately right now because I wanted to have time to myself to get used to living on my own, and she is working/ going to school downtown and will be soon at SDSU. I live about 20 miles east of SDSU and she's about 10 miles away from SDSU, so she uses the bus to get where she needs to, and we spend at least a day a week together.

Her family loves me, and is already considering me one of them, and my family has taken her in too. So all is looking well.

Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Steven Steve
posted 12-03-2008 10:34:32 PM
My girlfriends haven't been crazy exactly, just fucking socially inept and childish.

Greenlit
posted 12-03-2008 10:37:55 PM
quote:
Razor had this to say about Pirotess:
I'm scheduled to get married next December, So I'm in a happy relationship. We've known each other since High School, but only got back together about a year and a half ago, and things just hit off. We are living separately right now because I wanted to have time to myself to get used to living on my own, and she is working/ going to school downtown and will be soon at SDSU. I live about 20 miles east of SDSU and she's about 10 miles away from SDSU, so she uses the bus to get where she needs to, and we spend at least a day a week together.

Her family loves me, and is already considering me one of them, and my family has taken her in too. So all is looking well.

Aren't you terminally ill

Razor
posted 12-03-2008 10:42:52 PM
quote:
Greenlit wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Aren't you terminally ill

no, been clinically dead once, but I've been fine ever since, occasional heart murmur and a bit of hypoglycemia. I should be living until my 70's barring any major mishap.

Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Greenlit
posted 12-03-2008 11:03:56 PM
Oh well.
Steven Steve
posted 12-03-2008 11:11:16 PM
I was clinically dead once also!

Ares
posted 12-03-2008 11:40:49 PM
quote:
Rodent King had this to say about dark elf butts:
I'm dating/living with my girlfriend of three years. I'm pretty happy relationship wise. There will always be a few rough edges, but I'm all right with an occasional tiff or a few arguments.

Something I've found out about long-term relationships: Having stuff in common to do together is great, and in most cases is essential to a relationship to work. However, don't be afraid of having other interests and differences from your partner. A healthy amount of space doing your own stuff apart from your partner isn't a sign of a bad relationship.

Exact same situation

Greenlit
posted 12-04-2008 12:21:52 AM
Your girlfriend of three years?

Hot.

Vallo, the Second Coming
Pancake
posted 12-04-2008 12:28:07 AM
I'm single with absolutely no desire to be in a relationship. I don't even approach women lately, and on the rare occasions one advances on me I either ignore it or very directly state that aside from maybe a one night stand she's of no interest to me.

Needless to say, this does not get me laid frequently. I'm not even remotely concerned about this.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 12-04-2008 12:37:11 AM
I just got back together with my ex... we dated for 2 years, then had a falling out, then became fuck buddies... After nearly a year I started falling for him again, so I backed off bit and started dating around a bit more actively, but every guy I went out with turned out to be insanely clingy/psycho after a matter of days. That plus other personality differences/conflicts made me realize why I was with my guy in the first place, so we kinda wandered back to each other.

It's a pretty low maintenance gig. I have school and he has a 5 year old so we pretty much just see each other on the weekends. We might be getting a place together next summer, though.

Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 12-04-2008 02:05:09 AM
quote:
Azakias had this to say about Cuba:
Happily married.
Skaw
posted 12-04-2008 02:45:01 AM
quote:
Razor stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
I'm scheduled to get married next December

nem-x
posted 12-04-2008 03:04:48 AM
quote:
Skaw had this to say about Tron:

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-04-2008 06:01:33 AM
quote:
Zair said:
how many were real

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-04-2008 06:22:29 AM
quote:
Aw, geez, I have Mr. Parcelan all over myself!
For now, though, most people on this forum who are married, such as Bloodsage, Blindy and Karnaj, seem to be perpetually angry, overly optimistic or a closet sodomite.

Hey! HEY! I may be a sodomite, but there's no way I'm closeted about it.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Blindy.
posted 12-04-2008 07:51:06 AM
Wait which one am I?
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 12-04-2008 09:42:31 AM
I've been engaged for five and a half years, and it's one of the few things in my life that are actually going well.

I'd love to marry him, but, well, you know...

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Timpofee
Mancake
posted 12-04-2008 10:40:31 AM
Engaged
Getting married next year in Scotland.
Life is good
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-04-2008 01:36:54 PM
quote:
Blindy. startled the peaceful upland Gorillas, blurting:
Wait which one am I?

Well, I'm obviously the optimist.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Blindy.
posted 12-04-2008 01:48:55 PM
quote:
Bloodsage's got nothing.

Well, I'm obviously the optimist.

I guess I'm angry all the time then.

FUCKING SHIT ASS.

Blindy.
posted 12-04-2008 01:49:07 PM