EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Election Day Thread
Zair
The Imp
posted 11-03-2008 10:12:55 PM
Don't forget to vote!

If you need to know your voting location, just put your address in here:

voteforchange

If you want information for your state, such as when your polls are open and what kind of identification you need to bring, go here:

http://www.barackobama.com/voters/

Also, if you get challenged at the polls and are offered a provisional ballot, don't take it, get your information you are missing and come back. If you are still having problems, call:

1-866-OUR-VOTE and free election lawyers will try to get in contact with you and solve your problem so you can vote! That number is part of a non-partisan election advocacy group.

Go vote!

If you aren't American, carry on

Kinanik
Upset about being titless
posted 11-03-2008 10:45:51 PM
Official prediction: 397 EVs for Obama. Kerry + NM, CO, NV, IA, MT, ND, MO, IN, VA, NC, FL, GA, OH, Omaha. 53.5/43 PV.

I already voted, thank Oregon mail in ballots, for Barr. Dems will get 60 seats, which I'm not looking forward to.

Gully Foyle is my name
And Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination
Steven Steve
posted 11-03-2008 10:56:41 PM
I also voted absentee in Oregon but I just handed it in because it was on the way. Nader.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Zair
The Imp
posted 11-03-2008 10:57:54 PM
My prediction: 318 Obama, 220 McCain

Obama will win all of Kerry plus:NV, CO, NM, IA, VA, and FL

Haven't voted yet, never got around to early voting.

Tomorrow, 6-9: Get Out the Vote
10-2: Class and doing my own voting
2-7: More Get Out The Vote, and maybe Poll Watching if needed
7 and on: drunken revelry

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 11-03-2008 11:51:49 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Zair:

7 and on: drunken revelry

Are you including the adrenaline-driven victory sex with a campaigning hottie if Obama wins; or the tear-filled consolation sex with aforementioned hottie if he loses?

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Steven Steve
posted 11-03-2008 11:53:50 PM
I need to be fully cognizent for this incase chaos suddenly breaks out.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Zair
The Imp
posted 11-04-2008 12:30:05 AM
quote:
Rodent King had this to say about dark elf butts:
Are you including the adrenaline-driven victory sex with a campaigning hottie if Obama wins; or the tear-filled consolation sex with aforementioned hottie if he loses?

A McCain victory would likely render me impotent.

Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 11-04-2008 02:09:16 AM
Just dropped my Oregon ballot today, Obama...
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 11-04-2008 08:24:11 AM
Going to go vote now!

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 11-04-2008 08:59:55 AM
I'll leaving early from work to vote.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Vallo, the Second Coming
Pancake
posted 11-04-2008 09:03:23 AM
Leaving as soon as I grab breakfast and shower; Obama
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
Blindy.
posted 11-04-2008 09:35:31 AM
Done voting!

Lines weren't that long but at 6:30 they were apparently all the way down the street.

Mightion Defensor
posted 11-04-2008 02:46:16 PM
Just got back from voting. No one in line yet, but that will change in about two hours, I imagine.
Suddar
posted 11-04-2008 03:00:52 PM
I will be voting in about 2 hours, and then around 5 I'm going to set up in front of the TV and watch the results until we have a winner.
Kinanik
Upset about being titless
posted 11-04-2008 03:02:06 PM
Things I will be watching tonight:
I have $5 that Obama gets >385 Electoral Votes.
Oregon senate: Gordon Smith, good, moderate, Republican senator who happens not to be a douche, will probably lose to Jeff Merkley, who is an opportunistic douchebag, who will probably win because he's a Democrat.
Idaho House-1: Bill Sali, who is a holdover from the Neanderthals, will probably hold on to his seat against a local businessman, Walt Minnick. Guess who's the Idaho Republican.
Prop 8 in CA.
My gut tells me that the Democrats will hold 60 seats, maybe more, (inc Lieberman), and that scares me.
Gully Foyle is my name
And Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination
Blindy.
posted 11-04-2008 03:09:28 PM
quote:
Kinanik needs the precioussses:
Things I will be watching tonight:
I have $5 that Obama gets >385 Electoral Votes.
Oregon senate: Gordon Smith, good, moderate, Republican senator who happens not to be a douche, will probably lose to Jeff Merkley, who is an opportunistic douchebag, who will probably win because he's a Democrat.
Idaho House-1: Bill Sali, who is a holdover from the Neanderthals, will probably hold on to his seat against a local businessman, Walt Minnick. Guess who's the Idaho Republican.
Prop 8 in CA.
My gut tells me that the Democrats will hold 60 seats, maybe more, (inc Lieberman), and that scares me.

You're going to lose $5.

Obama's getting 300-350 range.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 11-04-2008 04:20:08 PM
This was my first year voting at my current address so I actually went to the wrong place at first - HUGE church, people wrapped halfway around it... I was like "oh fuck." But the name of the church was different from on my voter ID card, so I kept texting ChaCha back and forth trying to make sure and quickly realized that I was indeed in the wrong place.

Turns out my place was the tiny church next door with no line at all.

They might as well have put up a wall between the two saying "THIS IS THE RICH PEOPLE SIDE OF TOWN. THIS IS THE POOR PEOPLE SIDE OF TOWN. STAY AWAAAAAY!"

But in any case, I didn't have to wait in line for 2 hours so I'm pretty okay with it.

Maradon!
posted 11-04-2008 04:33:58 PM
Exit polls are within the margin of error in every state for which they have data.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 11-04-2008 06:15:56 PM
Even the guys who love and follow polls religiously will tell you that exit polls suck
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 11-04-2008 06:25:59 PM
After getting lost trying to find my polling place, I finally rocked the vote.

Go Bob!

Maradon!
posted 11-04-2008 06:38:45 PM
Exit polls suck, and exit polls taken in battleground states at 2pm on the day of the election suck worse, but the point is that it's probably going to be a close election, so get the hell out there if you haven't.

Unless you're voting for Obama, in which case the election is a lock already so you should just save the carbon emissions and stay home, he's got it in the bag.

My VFC was deserted, but it is every year so that's no indication really. I got my little vote receipt so I can show my kids that I voted in the big election the year "The Great Decline" began

nem-x
posted 11-04-2008 06:46:28 PM
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 11-04-2008 07:47:50 PM
quote:
Nae had this to say about Punky Brewster:
After getting lost trying to find my polling place, I finally rocked the vote.

Go Bob!

Dude, Nae, where've you been?!

Anyway, yeah, I rocked the vote. I rocked it hard.

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 11-04-2008 08:08:53 PM
Voted a few weeks ago via mail-in ballot.

Obama, No on 4 and 8, yes on Steve Young for my congressional district. Less because he's a dem and more because I hate incumbents as a rule and this one is paticularly religion-crazy.

I have a feeling that 8 is going to win which is going to make me a sad panda.

Maradon!
posted 11-04-2008 08:54:07 PM
They're calling PA for Obama, and only a really small percentage of the votes are in, so they must think it's a blowout.

If Obama carries PA, McCain must win florida, indiana, colorado, nevada, north carolina, ohio, and virginia. Also georgia, but GA is already pretty much a mccain lock.

On the other hand, Obama has yet to flip a Bush state.. who knows.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 11-04-2008 at 08:54 PM.

Kermitov 2
Pancake
posted 11-04-2008 09:33:35 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Maradon! said:
Exit polls suck, and exit polls taken in battleground states at 2pm on the day of the election suck worse, but the point is that it's probably going to be a close election, so get the hell out there if you haven't.

Unless you're voting for Obama, in which case the election is a lock already so you should just save the carbon emissions and stay home, he's got it in the bag.

My VFC was deserted, but it is every year so that's no indication really. I got my little vote receipt so I can show my kids that I voted in the big election the year "The Great Decline" began

You voted in 2000?

Dr. Gee
posted 11-04-2008 09:54:27 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Robocop:
They're calling PA for Obama, and only a really small percentage of the votes are in, so they must think it's a blowout.

If Obama carries PA, McCain must win florida, indiana, colorado, nevada, north carolina, ohio, and virginia. Also georgia, but GA is already pretty much a mccain lock.

On the other hand, Obama has yet to flip a Bush state.. who knows.

Ohio just got called for Obama.

Willias
Pancake
posted 11-04-2008 09:58:15 PM
curses! damn you geeorn!

Willias fucked around with this message on 11-04-2008 at 09:58 PM.

Dr. Gee
posted 11-04-2008 10:28:22 PM
As of now getting CA alone will get Obama to 262. So while not really official, I'd have to say that McCain is out.

Now it's proposition worrying time for me which is worse since Props 4 and 8 were going to be tight going into tonight.

Blindy.
posted 11-04-2008 10:52:02 PM
Obama wins.
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 11-04-2008 11:26:55 PM
quote:
Mooj impressed everyone with:
Dude, Nae, where've you been?!

Living it up in the Valley of the Sun. Moved back home to Phoenix. woop

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 11-05-2008 01:33:07 AM
Dr. Gee
posted 11-05-2008 01:51:56 AM
Trent wins IRL.

On another note, Prop 8 has maintained a steady lead of about 300k votes, so while the percentages are looking better the retarded initiative system looks like it's going to strip away some major civil rights to homosexuals in the state.

Let me rephrase that. Allowing the state constitution to be ammended with a 50% + 1 vote is retarded, not the intiative system inherently.

Dr. Gee fucked around with this message on 11-05-2008 at 01:52 AM.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 11-05-2008 01:55:38 AM
Yay for taking away existing rights

tyranny of the majority etc

nem-x
posted 11-05-2008 03:13:49 AM
o

nem-x fucked around with this message on 11-05-2008 at 03:14 AM.

Addy
posted 11-05-2008 04:35:40 AM
oh geez

Blindy.
posted 11-05-2008 07:34:04 AM
It'll be ok.
Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 11-05-2008 11:16:20 AM
itt suicide watch for Maradon
Steven Steve
posted 11-05-2008 11:31:21 AM
quote:
So quoth Kegwen:
Yay for taking away existing rights

tyranny of the majority etc

Ha ha, stupid hillbillies. I can't believe this thing passed in real life.

Steven Steve fucked around with this message on 11-05-2008 at 11:32 AM.

Blindy.
posted 11-05-2008 11:48:29 AM
I just want to point out that Obama won by a bigger margin than Bush ever did. He has the largest country wide mandate we've seen for a first term president since any of us were born.

This is not a fluke. This is the real deal. We're looking at a huge sea change here.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: