EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Warhammer Online
OrangeBrand
By a Truck
posted 08-07-2008 01:58:14 AM
Any of you in the know have any information on when those of us that pre-ordered the collectors edition can start playing?

Looking for some information. It sounds like we are allowed to play but then only see information for the beta testers.

Thanks.

SPELLCHECK is a four letter word.
Nina
posted 08-07-2008 02:16:22 AM
No.
Damnati
Filthy
posted 08-07-2008 02:27:23 AM
quote:
OrangeBrand attempted to be funny by writing:
Any of you in the know have any information on when those of us that pre-ordered the collectors edition can start playing?

Looking for some information. It sounds like we are allowed to play but then only see information for the beta testers.

Thanks.

Reading the WAR site, it says to setup an account and enter the preorder codes on or after August 15th.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Nina
posted 08-07-2008 02:28:52 AM
You do realize that has utterly and absolutely nothing to do with the question, right?
Damnati
Filthy
posted 08-07-2008 03:04:00 AM
quote:
Nina Model 2000 was programmed to say:
You do realize that has utterly and absolutely nothing to do with the question, right?

Because, you know, it's not possible they'll lift the NDA and open the beta on the 15th, no. You're a fucking twat. One way or another, that's about the most information available at the moment.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Nina
posted 08-07-2008 03:27:18 AM
Why, thank you for noticing. You, on the other hand, are obviously criminally uninformed. Up until today, no one outside of Mythic even knew the release date. Nor did nearly anyone on the inside know it, for that matter.

He asked for when he could start to play using the head start entitled by a Collector's Edition pre-order, not when he could start dillydallying in a short-lived publicity stunt. And even if he did, neither head start nor open beta dates are known, so no one can answer the question. The fact that pre-order codes can be entered on the 15th is as irrelevant and pointless as beta testers being able to enter theirs today, and we Elder testers last Sunday.

But you are right in one thing, though, that's all the information available at the moment! Which only empathically reinforces my initial response to the question, "Any of you in the know have any information?":

No.

Greenlit
posted 08-07-2008 03:35:49 AM
I just checked the latest newsletter and skimmed over some interview about the company changing its name from EA Mythic to Mythic Entertainment

The CEO or somebody is all like "yeah it's a sign of how things are changing at EA"

But all I hear is "EA used to be a bag of cunts but now they like our game and are giving us some freedom"

Talonus
Loner
posted 08-07-2008 06:10:44 AM
Next week in the closed beta.

quote:
Folks,

Well, the big day is here as this morning saw some major announcements hit the newswire. I’ll now go into some detail regarding the press release as well as make some other announcements here. I’ll also give some color to the stuff that has been swirling around here lately:

1) Our launch date of September 18th is indeed official. Last week I had said that this week’s news wasn’t going to cover the release date but some things came together just a wee bit faster than we expected (and how surprising is that?). Plus, with the retailers announcing the date (though some did put in the wrong date), we felt that we owed it to the community to announce our release date a little earlier than planned. Coordinating all the partners, retailers, etc., is as usual, *interesting* so we made the decision to announce the date today. As always, that date is still dependent on the remainder of beta going well, but as of this morning we are still on track for the 18th. As to why it’s on a Thursday, in order to ensure a simultaneous launch in North America and Europe and Oceania, we determined that Thursday was the optimal day and date. Coordinating a simultaneous launch in North America and Europe alone is quite challenging and because we did not want our European customers to have to wait even a few days longer than those in North America, we chose Thursday as the best possible day of the week to launch. With a launch on the 18th, WAR’s development time will still rank as one of the shortest of any major North American and European MMORPGs to date. I am amazingly proud of our team’s effort and I hope, in about a month, you’ll agree that WAR is a great MMORPG.

2) As to the subscription pricing, this subject has been debated continually since we announced the development of WAR. We have been very upfront with the community about our willingness to charge more than what is the current “established” MMO subscription rate, just as we did when we launched DAoC. We have seen lots of polls, heard lots of comments and after much thought and discussion, we decided to keep prices on the same level with the competition. We know that the vast majority of the community will be happy with this decision so we’re happy to be able to do this for our players.

3) Regarding the pre-order, Collector’s Edition and the Standard Edition, I’m pleased to announce that we will be holding a special “Preview Weekend” in addition to the normal Open Beta. Those people who pre-ordered the CE will be given priority entrance into the PW. You will need to download the client (of course) from one of several download options, none of which will require any additional payment of any kind. Once the CE buyers have had their chance to register and download the client, we will allow our Closed Beta testers into the PW as well. We would like to have around 100K people load testing and playing the game so depending on how many CE purchasers sign up for this, we will invite other people into the PW as well.

4) Regarding the pre-order, Collector’s Edition and the Standard Edition, we are extending the Head Start for the pre-order CE (not the SE) buyers by at least an additional day as an added thank you for buying our CE. Just as with the PW, no additional fee will be required to play in our Head Start.

5) Regarding the pre-order, Collector’s Edition and the Standard Edition, we are pleased to announce that we will also be inviting our pre-order CE buyers into our Closed Beta test starting next week. There will still be some hardware spec requirements (but they are much lower than our current requirements) since we are still in Closed Beta but we expect that the vast majority of our PO CE buyers will meet the lowered requirements. We gotten a lot of feedback from the community on this point over the last few weeks asking for this and we are now going to make it happen.

6) Regarding the start of OB, we are still working out all the details and when we are 100% locked into a date, we will be happy to confirm it unequivocally. As the history of MMOs has shown, a bad OB can hurt both the long-term and the short-term the success of a game just as surely as a great OB can help the game succeed and we need to make sure that we are ready for OB on the day it begins.

7) Regarding the NDA lift, we hope to lift the NDA next week, one month before launch. I wish I could lift it right now but as I’ve said elsewhere, we need to take care of a three issues before the NDA is lifted. One has already been taken care of and I hope that by the end of next week, the other two will be taken care of as well. Once we lift the NDA I’ll go into more detail as to what the issues were and why I wanted to hold things up. The remaining two issues are not earth-shattering by any means but when I explain things, I hope you’ll understand why I wanted to wait another week.

So, that’s it for today’s announcements. We will have more over the remaining weeks before launch but I believe that all of these announcements are both great news for the community and well in keeping with our long-standing approach of talking with and getting feedback from the community. Whether it is the longer HS, the extra PW or the subscription pricing, we have shown that we are responsive to the needs/desires of our community and will act accordingly.

I hope that these announcements both fulfill my promise of major news this week as well as news that was going to make the entire community very happy. This message is chock full of more positive things that almost any I have been able to deliver about WAR since we signed the deal for Warhammer three years ago.

I also hope that these announcements, taken along with the previews that we have been receiving, show the community that WAR is both coming and coming along nicely.

Mark

Damnati
Filthy
posted 08-07-2008 03:51:52 PM
Have it your way, OB will come when it comes. On an unrelated note, I've plans to play a White Lion and a couple friends are planning to play Warrior Priests or Witch Hunters; at what point can I actually start questing and otherwise grouping with them? I understand it's not exactly easy to go between starting areas like it is in WoW.

Willias
Pancake
posted 08-07-2008 05:26:15 PM
ORDA' FAGGOT DETECTED

SEND IN DA BOYZ

Damnati
Filthy
posted 08-07-2008 05:44:45 PM
quote:
Willias had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
ORDA' FAGGOT DETECTED

SEND IN DA BOYZ

You know, I understand this kind of attitude in WoW; the Alliance is a pretty big pack of faggots and assholes. Doesn't really translate into Warhammer very well, from what I can see. Order forces aren't a bunch of limp-dicked hypocritical cocksuckers, they've got a real, legitimate threat to protect themselves from and the people out at the sharp end are pretty badass. Not to say I object to Chaos, I just happen to like the Order options better for now.

Maradon!
posted 08-07-2008 06:11:07 PM
Warhammer elves are probably the least gay of all the different elf races imagined to date.

This makes them about 1000x more gay than the most gay non-elf race imagined to date (probably hobbits).

Damnati
Filthy
posted 08-07-2008 06:27:52 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about pies:
Warhammer elves are probably the least gay of all the different elf races imagined to date.

This makes them about 1000x more gay than the most gay non-elf race imagined to date (probably hobbits).

Another perception I don't understand. Maybe it's because I grew up on the Silmarillion and not Forgotten Realms.

Maradon!
posted 08-07-2008 06:50:56 PM
Tolkien elves are extremely gay, with only rare exceptions in the silmarillion (the one dude whose hand was nailed to a mountain was pretty bad ass)
Willias
Pancake
posted 08-07-2008 07:07:28 PM
quote:
Damnati had this to say about the Spice Girls:
You know, I understand this kind of attitude in WoW; the Alliance is a pretty big pack of faggots and assholes. Doesn't really translate into Warhammer very well, from what I can see. Order forces aren't a bunch of limp-dicked hypocritical cocksuckers, they've got a real, legitimate threat to protect themselves from and the people out at the sharp end are pretty badass. Not to say I object to Chaos, I just happen to like the Order options better for now.

orcs is best

But seriously, I may end up rolling Order simply because everyone seems to be rolling up a Destruction character. Especially Chaos.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-07-2008 07:13:09 PM
Not planning on playing this really since I think I'd be the only person playing Chaos seriously.
Damnati
Filthy
posted 08-07-2008 07:15:44 PM
quote:
Willias stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
orcs is best

But seriously, I may end up rolling Order simply because everyone seems to be rolling up a Destruction character. Especially Chaos.

The demise of the Choppa left me without any appealing orc class to play. Black Orc is neat and all but I'd rather play a Chaos Chosen when it comes to tanks, their sheer size and immense armor appeals to me. As it stands, I'm curious to see how a guardian path White Lion can tank. WAR seems to developing a good degree of role flexibility that is absent in WoW and that's a large part of its attraction. I'm also liking the bits and pieces I'm seeing about how PvP is being handled; I'm given to understand that zones will have RvR and PvE sections, allowing for spontaneous world PvP when it's desirable and peaceable leveling when it's not.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 08-07-2008 09:21:28 PM
quote:
How.... Mortious.... uughhhhhh:
Not planning on playing this really since I think I'd be the only person playing Chaos seriously.

I know I'll be playing something on the evil side, so we'd be able to play together

Maradon!
posted 08-07-2008 09:26:54 PM
quote:
x--MortiousO-('-'Q) :

Are you being sarcastic?

Chaos is the only faction with all 4 classes and their own city, and they have more novelty factor than any other faction.

Skaw
posted 08-07-2008 10:05:18 PM
quote:
Maradon! thought about the meaning of life:

Warhammer Woodelves are awesome badass since they aren't tree huggers and more like ninjas who kick the shit out of people who get too close to their forests. And they ride fucking dragons.

Too bad they aren't in WAR
..yet.

Skaw fucked around with this message on 08-07-2008 at 10:05 PM.

nem-x
posted 08-07-2008 10:40:10 PM
is this game any good y/n
nem-x
posted 08-07-2008 10:55:03 PM
this guy looks like he could slay some ass though

nem-x fucked around with this message on 08-07-2008 at 10:55 PM.

nem-x
posted 08-07-2008 11:03:08 PM
screenshots of this game look like some generic korean mmo
Maradon!
posted 08-07-2008 11:04:30 PM
quote:
x--nem-xO-('-'Q) :
screenshots of this game look like some generic korean mmo

what the hell screenshots are you looking at

nem-x
posted 08-07-2008 11:06:26 PM
Maradon!
posted 08-07-2008 11:15:51 PM
It's because you're looking at gay elves.
Willias
Pancake
posted 08-07-2008 11:48:51 PM
OrangeBrand
By a Truck
posted 08-08-2008 12:38:47 AM
I think I am pretty much going to be some form of Elf. Still debating on it though.

I just want to know everyone here is going to try and play on the same server (what ever they are called on this game)

Thanks for the information ...BTW

SPELLCHECK is a four letter word.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-08-2008 09:14:09 AM
quote:
Maradon! said:
Are you being sarcastic?

Chaos is the only faction with all 4 classes and their own city, and they have more novelty factor than any other faction.

No, I'm not. What I mean is I don't really feel like having to group with morons who chose Chaos because "iz kool".

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 08-08-2008 09:44:21 AM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
No, I'm not. What I mean is I don't really feel like having to group with morons who chose Chaos because "iz kool".

Thats always going to be the case with pretty much any game. Even Horde has its morons in WoW.

I'm got the Collector's Edition preordered and even with the drastic changes in the game, I still want to see how it plays out on release. Chaos Magus, here I come!

Katrinity fucked around with this message on 08-08-2008 at 09:46 AM.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 08-08-2008 11:00:31 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent nem-x said:
http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/nn427/user0015/awesomehammer.jpg

Eow.

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
Addy
posted 08-08-2008 02:33:57 PM
Since they stole my Choppa, I'm going to play a Zealot.

Maybe witch elf but I really like Chaos more.

Addy fucked around with this message on 08-08-2008 at 02:35 PM.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-08-2008 03:45:27 PM
quote:
Katrinity said:
Thats always going to be the case with pretty much any game. Even Horde has its morons in WoW.

I'm got the Collector's Edition preordered and even with the drastic changes in the game, I still want to see how it plays out on release. Chaos Magus, here I come!

True.

.. and if you're playing then I pretty much have to. I'm your certified stalker, I have the certification and everything.

Addy
posted 08-08-2008 04:08:38 PM
Katrinity is required to tell me the server she plays on.

... for another cookie vs. muffin battle

Talonus
Loner
posted 08-08-2008 04:23:12 PM
quote:
Addy had this to say about Tron:
Katrinity is required to tell me the server she plays on.

... for another cookie vs. muffin battle

Is it really a battle if you're both Chaos?

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 08-08-2008 05:13:14 PM
quote:
Talonus had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Is it really a battle if you're both Chaos?

Chaos is self destructive that way.

And its on, Addy! Cookiez rule, Muffinz drool!

Katrinity fucked around with this message on 08-08-2008 at 05:13 PM.

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Nina
posted 08-08-2008 11:39:28 PM
I ran some scenarios earlier on my black orc tank... I kept taunting/challenging the DPS off the healers, after which the DPS promptly squashed me while the "healers" pewpew'd away for shit damage. Then they got killed too.

In the end, the scoreboard in order of kills went like this: From 30 to 20 kills, all Order. From 10 to 0 kills, all Destruction.

If this is any indication of the mental prowess of Destruction puggies, I'll roll a goddamn Swordmaster. Better an ugly elf than a unhealed corpse.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 08-08-2008 11:54:56 PM
quote:
Addy had this to say about Tron:
Since they stole my Choppa, I'm going to play a Zealot.

Maybe witch elf but I really like Chaos more.

TALK TO ME ON AIM LATER GOD

We need to decide on how we're going to pick a server to play on.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-09-2008 12:02:42 AM
quote:
Falaanla Marr said:

I'll just follow the cool kids.

Nina
posted 08-09-2008 12:18:58 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Falaanla Marr said this:
TALK TO ME ON AIM LATER GOD

Go to Something Awful, see what they choose, and be sure to choose ANYTHING but the opposite realm of the servers they choose!

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: