EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Blizzard announces Diablo 3
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 06-28-2008 08:04:59 PM
Thoughts?

edit: hey..links help hehe Diablo 3

KaLourin fucked around with this message on 06-28-2008 at 08:07 PM.

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 06-28-2008 08:06:18 PM
I wonder how anyone could have NOT guessed that their game announcement would be D3

Hard to tell off so much really, but DAMN does it look pretty

Number 1 Poster
posted 06-28-2008 08:34:42 PM
Not gonna play it
Maradon!
posted 06-28-2008 08:47:46 PM
I hope bliz starts coming up with new stuff instead of milking their existing franchises to death
Willias
Pancake
posted 06-28-2008 09:11:35 PM
quote:
Maradon! stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
I hope bliz starts coming up with new stuff instead of milking their existing franchises to death

As often as they release new games, it doesn't bother me to see them release updated versions of their older games.

Anyway, as much as I want a Diablo 3, I figure it won't be out until 2015, so I'm having trouble caring too much.

In other news, Capcom is working on Mega Man 9. It'll be released as a downloadable game on the Wii, with NES-esque graphics and sound.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 06-28-2008 09:20:08 PM
It annoys me to no end that Blizzard will develop new faces for their old games but they can't be troubled to give Azeroth a face-lift so it'd match the Burning Crusade zones.
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Skaw
posted 06-28-2008 09:48:16 PM
WHY CAN'T PLANET A LOOK LIKE RIPPED APART PLANET B?! BAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Who cares, seriously.

Steven Steve
posted 06-28-2008 10:15:49 PM
Omg red orbs instead of health potions? Powers on a hotbar?! 3D graphics!? Physics!? Where does Blizzard get this shit!? It's because of amazing innovations like these that Blizzard is leading the market.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Damnati
Filthy
posted 06-28-2008 10:16:50 PM
quote:
Skaw had this to say about Captain Planet:
WHY CAN'T PLANET A LOOK LIKE RIPPED APART PLANET B?! BAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Who cares, seriously.

Why can't Planet A have backs on things so flying mounts can be functional like on Planet B? Why can't the zones on Planet A be updated to contain useful and interesting content as seen on Planet B and some of the newer zones that were added to the game with Planet B? Why can't all of the above have a graphics update so they look less like shit?

You're right, why would anyone care about these things?

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Willias
Pancake
posted 06-28-2008 10:23:09 PM
why waste man hours refixing shit that isn't broken when they could be spending that time developing new content that comes at a snail's pace anyway
Damnati
Filthy
posted 06-28-2008 11:24:05 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Willias wrote:
why waste man hours refixing shit that isn't broken when they could be spending that time developing new content that comes at a snail's pace anyway

You could ask SOE why they offered a graphics update for the original EQ. The answer is that it makes their already fat cash cow more attractive and would probably make their current subscribers happy. The complaint about the snail's pace of new content goes right along with the lack of updating of the old world: they have the income to hire more talent to do these things, why don't they? I can't imagine it'd hurt their profits much.

Another thing that gets me is that they canceled Ghost and they haven't finished SC2. Seems out of line to be developing a new game when they don't have the current projects in hand.

Skaw
posted 06-28-2008 11:25:51 PM
Because Blizzard can't be a large developer group, with multiple teams, right?
Steven Steve
posted 06-28-2008 11:32:35 PM
THAT'S RIGHT. BLIZZARD IS ONE BIG JEW/MORMON
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Damnati
Filthy
posted 06-28-2008 11:32:46 PM
quote:
Skaw had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
Because Blizzard can't be a large developer group, with multiple teams, right?

This isn't a particularly legitimate argument. If they can have multiple teams for multiple games, they can have multiple teams to develop their largest game and improve the older parts of it that are showing their age.

Steven Steve
posted 06-28-2008 11:34:34 PM
Yes, considering all the teams use the same strategy anyway (rehashing old franchises with last-generation features) it wouldn't be a terrible surprise to hear that they're cooperating in some way.

Willias
Pancake
posted 06-29-2008 12:04:41 AM
quote:
Damnati said this about your mom:
You could ask SOE why they offered a graphics update for the original EQ. The answer is that it makes their already fat cash cow more attractive and would probably make their current subscribers happy. The complaint about the snail's pace of new content goes right along with the lack of updating of the old world: they have the income to hire more talent to do these things, why don't they? I can't imagine it'd hurt their profits much.

Another thing that gets me is that they canceled Ghost and they haven't finished SC2. Seems out of line to be developing a new game when they don't have the current projects in hand.

Ghost was canceled due to being shitty in development.

I try not to ask why SOE does the things it does. Generally, I find the graphically updated zones to be an eyesore compared to their older versions in EQ1, and the game that actually needs a new graphic engine (EQ2) will likely never get one.

Furthermore, I really don't feel that BC's areas are that much more interesting to look at than areas in WoW's original world. Hell, I'll even say that they're far more boring to actually run around in and explore.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 06-29-2008 12:21:26 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Willias said:
Ghost was canceled due to being shitty in development.

I try not to ask why SOE does the things it does. Generally, I find the graphically updated zones to be an eyesore compared to their older versions in EQ1, and the game that actually needs a new graphic engine (EQ2) will likely never get one.

Furthermore, I really don't feel that BC's areas are that much more interesting to look at than areas in WoW's original world. Hell, I'll even say that they're far more boring to actually run around in and explore.

The actual execution of EQ's graphics update isn't entirely relevant. Point being that it was an attempt to reface an aging product and make it more attractive. True, it met with heavily mixed responses and more of those negative than positive but that doesn't mean every company will screw it up the same way.

My entire point lies mostly in that their biggest cash cow could definitely use some improvement and the dedication of funding and talent to a new game instead of the aforementioned cow rankles. There will be as many opinions on what that improvement needs to be as there are people so I suppose there's not much use debating it.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 06-29-2008 12:24:35 AM
They're not going to take people off a game they've been developing for 4 years (Diablo) or a game they've been working on for 5 years (Starcraft) to work on WoW old world rejuvenation

you're an idiot

Everything in the old world is fine except for the lack of flying mounts anyway

Kegwen fucked around with this message on 06-29-2008 at 12:26 AM.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 06-29-2008 12:32:17 AM
quote:
Kegwen had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Derp derp, I have to resort to name-calling and specious arguments

Who said anything about taking anyone off other projects? They have the income to hire new people. If wanting more for my money when the company is quite capable of providing it and isn't doing so makes me an idiot, I'll gladly take the title.

Taeldian
Pancake
posted 06-29-2008 12:38:58 AM
Why are we bitching about this?
Taeldian
Pancake
posted 06-29-2008 12:39:44 AM
quote:
Damnati's fortune cookie read:
Who said anything about taking anyone off other projects? They have the income to hire new people. If wanting more for my money when the company is quite capable of providing it and isn't doing so makes me an idiot, I'll gladly take the title.

Their resources are better used elsewhere.

Retexturing the old world would be a massive waste of time that could be spent doing useful things.

Taeldian fucked around with this message on 06-29-2008 at 12:40 AM.

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 06-29-2008 12:53:34 AM
If a dead zone is ugly, giving it a face lift does nothing but make it a prettier dead zone, and as such a waste of time.

I do agree on flying mounts though but I'm guessing it's being held off until WotLK because there's still unfinished landscape all over Azeroth.

I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Gadani
U
posted 06-29-2008 12:54:27 AM
quote:
Damnati had this to say about Matthew Broderick:

While that may not make you an idiot, what does, however, is the fact that you continue to pay money to play this obviously flawed and horrid game that you have so many complaints about.

Gadani fucked around with this message on 06-29-2008 at 12:54 AM.

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 06-29-2008 01:15:40 AM
i'll play it.

might say i won't, but i'd just be lying to myself.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 06-29-2008 03:17:09 AM
quote:
How.... Gadani.... uughhhhhh:
While that may not make you an idiot, what does, however, is the fact that you continue to pay money to play this obviously flawed and horrid game that you have so many complaints about.

I wanted to dispute this for moment on grounds that I play for the sake of being with friends...but you know, that's really not a good enough argument. I enjoy some elements of the game for all of its flaws but it's stupid as hell to pay for it.

Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 06-29-2008 04:45:16 AM
Diablo is the one Blizzard title I absolutely do not care about.
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
Steven Steve
posted 06-29-2008 08:27:03 AM
Diablo is the only Blizzard title that I remotely care about

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 06-29-2008 08:30:22 AM
Diablo is the only Blizzard title that's original.
Steven Steve
posted 06-29-2008 08:57:35 AM
No, it's just Rogue with demons

Blizzard's marketing plan is to release old game mechanics that have already been perfected for them and then hoping that people are dumb enough about video games not to know that they are just utterly ripping off ideas (which is correct, people are this dumb).

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 06-29-2008 10:00:39 AM
Just watched the gameplay video.

Hahahahahahaha.

I won't be playing this.

Number 1 Poster
posted 06-29-2008 10:28:43 AM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Duck Tales:
Just watched the gameplay video.

Hahahahahahaha.

I won't be playing this.

You don't play anything other than EVE so no loss!

Steven Steve
posted 06-29-2008 10:48:19 AM
I will be downloading this

Maradon!
posted 06-29-2008 11:04:48 AM
I don't understand what you saw in the gameplay video that wasn't awesome.
Steven Steve
posted 06-29-2008 11:16:13 AM
It was all awesome, but it was Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Number 1 Poster
posted 06-29-2008 11:17:28 AM
grandma got his head bit off
Aaron (the good one)
posted 06-29-2008 11:17:57 AM
I didn't see Mojo doing that in MUA, did you? I didn't think so.
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 06-29-2008 12:24:55 PM
Think I'll go play Titan Quest.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 06-29-2008 01:41:25 PM
quote:
Karnaj posted

Think I'll go play Titan Quest.

Yeah, maybe it was just the isometric 3D, but I watched the gameplay video and went, "Good that they learned from TQ!" I don't recall seeing any of the awesome ragdolls though, which was the best part of TQ--crit-killing monsters and sending them flying across the screen.

TQ had its fair share of problems though (lack of replayability since the dungeons weren't random, I thought the itemization was pretty lame throughout), so I'm hoping D3 fixes that. Also, I seem to remember the first ~30 levels of TQ sucking as you're pretty much dumb if you don't pump your main "stats" attribute, forgoing skills.

I'll be playing it. Ooooh yes, I'll be playing it.

Number 1 Poster
posted 06-29-2008 01:57:25 PM
quote:
Alidane impressed everyone with:
Yeah, maybe it was just the isometric 3D, but I watched the gameplay video and went, "Good that they learned from TQ!" I don't recall seeing any of the awesome ragdolls though, which was the best part of TQ--crit-killing monsters and sending them flying across the screen.

watch the gameplay video again. They might not go 50 feet in the air but the zombies lose limbs and slide off the bridge to fall a hundred feet onto the floor below.

Number 1 Poster
posted 06-29-2008 02:14:08 PM
quote:
I'm New's fortune cookie read:
grandma got his head bit off

Hello2u 8.5meg gif

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: