EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Blizzard announces Diablo 3
Willias
Pancake
posted 06-29-2008 02:21:09 PM
quote:
Alidane had this to say about (_|_):
I don't recall seeing any of the awesome ragdolls though, which was the best part of TQ--crit-killing monsters and sending them flying across the screen.

ragdoll

or exploding bodies

I'll take exploding bodies.

Steven Steve
posted 06-29-2008 02:21:39 PM
So what is the story here? Is chaos ensuing due to the world stone being destroyed?
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 06-29-2008 02:35:17 PM
quote:
Willias posted

ragdoll

or exploding bodies

I'll take exploding bodies.

either is acceptable!

Number 1 Poster
posted 06-29-2008 02:40:35 PM
quote:
Steven Steve had this to say about (_|_):
So what is the story here? Is chaos ensuing due to the world stone being destroyed?

heaven and hell are merging with sanctuary (the world from Diablo 1 and 2).

Steven Steve
posted 06-29-2008 02:48:19 PM
Does this mean that heaven is finally going to do something?
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Number 1 Poster
posted 06-29-2008 02:50:37 PM
quote:
Steven Steve had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Does this mean that heaven is finally going to do something?

Ya. They are going to tell a barbarion, a witch doctor, and 3 other people to go kill every demon in the world and their bosses. And then claim all the glory in the end.

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 06-29-2008 02:51:06 PM
quote:
Steven Steve had this to say about Matthew Broderick:

The worldstone was made to keep the high heavens and burning hells from realizing Sanctuary (The diablo world) is there, otherwise they would come in and battle it out for control until there was nothing left to fight over. It was originally created by a small number of angels and demons sick of the endless war that resulted in everything being fought over getting destryoed, so they made Sanctuary, populated it with the children of angel/demon union and made the worldstone to hide it and keep it away from the war. The worldstone was also altered by one of the demons that helped create Sanctuary to limit the power of all the people living there.

Destroying the world stone will both reveal Sanctuary to heaven and hell but will also allow those in the world to achieve their true potential.

Least, as per the novels, they could always retcon stuff for Diablo 3 and whatnot (Rofl Draenei)

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 06-29-2008 03:00:10 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Willias stammered:
As often as they release new games, it doesn't bother me to see them release updated versions of their older games.

Anyway, as much as I want a Diablo 3, I figure it won't be out until 2015, so I'm having trouble caring too much.

I'm actually thinking we're going to see this release either a) 2009 Holiday Season or b) June 28, 2010.

And I don't care that Blizzard continues to "milk their current franchises" because the games really are enjoyable. If it was something like Sonic Team milking the Sonic Franchise with more and more shitty games, I'd be upset. But it isn't like Blizzard has made a ton of shitty Diablo games with the occasional gem.

quote:
Alidane obviously shouldn't have said:
Yeah, maybe it was just the isometric 3D, but I watched the gameplay video and went, "Good that they learned from TQ!" I don't recall seeing any of the awesome ragdolls though, which was the best part of TQ--crit-killing monsters and sending them flying across the screen.

The Zombies in the first part of the video seemed to rag-doll a good bit. I'd love to see more of it, though, as that was indeed awesome in TQ.

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 06-29-2008 at 03:03 PM.

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 06-29-2008 05:11:46 PM
TQ and the expansion are $20 on Steam.

Impulse buy time? Maaaaybe.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 06-29-2008 06:36:36 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Alidane stammered:
TQ and the expansion are $20 on Steam.

Impulse buy time? Maaaaybe.

Yeah, TQ is quite fun.

Blackened
posted 06-29-2008 07:01:10 PM
I'll play this game and I'll enjoy it. Titan's Quest was fun and this will probably be just the same but better as per all Blizzard's games. I'm actually pretty excited about Diablo 3. Too bad it'll take another year for it to hit the shelves (I mean torrentz rite).

Damnati - you're a retarded selfish baby

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Gadani
U
posted 06-29-2008 07:25:49 PM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Duck Tales:
Just watched the gameplay video.

Hahahahahahaha.

I won't be playing this.

I also just watched the gameplay video!

Looked like I was watching an updated, better, newer Diablo!

Which is exactly what I expected from a sequel.

I will be playing this game!

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 06-29-2008 07:37:39 PM
I am thinking of starting TQ up again myself, but not sure what I want to play

Did a ranger/assassin type thing last time, am thinking of a caster this time.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 06-29-2008 10:04:56 PM
quote:
The propaganda machine of Falaanla Marr's junta released this statement:

Dream/Nature or Dream/Spirit.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 06-30-2008 12:16:55 AM
Pass.
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Nina
posted 06-30-2008 12:41:00 AM
Diablo 1 was fun, as was Diablo 2, but hay guys, since it's trendy to say so, I won't play Diablo 3!

Damn I'm cool.

Gadani
U
posted 06-30-2008 12:46:16 AM
In all seriousness, I am pretty excited and I will actually buy this game
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 06-30-2008 01:31:13 AM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about Pirotess:

Warfare/anything sucked tbh. Frenzy just didn't have the same feel to it as the awesome frenzy-barbs of Diablo II.

Willias
Pancake
posted 06-30-2008 02:31:35 AM
quote:
Falaanla Marr had this to say about Tron:
I'm actually thinking we're going to see this release either a) 2009 Holiday Season or b) June 28, 2010.

Well, it can't be the 2009 Holiday because that's when Starcraft 2 might come out.

Actually, who am I kidding. Starcraft 2 won't be out till 2010 or 2011.

Oh, since it hasn't been mentioned here, I'd like to note that Diablo 3's lead designer, Jay Wilson, was also the lead designer for WH40K: Dawn of War.

Willias fucked around with this message on 06-30-2008 at 02:39 AM.

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 06-30-2008 02:44:25 AM
quote:
Delphi Aegis posted

Warfare/anything sucked tbh. Frenzy just didn't have the same feel to it as the awesome frenzy-barbs of Diablo II.

I think I did Warfare/Defense last time and I was nigh-unstoppable once I got off the ground, from what I remember.

OK, fuck stealing it, I'll just buy it. Wonder where the money goes, now that Iron Lore went belly-up?

Noxhil
Pancake
posted 06-30-2008 03:21:46 AM
I'm not sure what you all could have seen in that gameplay video that has definitively turned you off of this game. If it's as good as Diablo 2 it's still going to be the best game of whatever year in the far future it comes out in.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 06-30-2008 04:30:19 AM
quote:
Nina said:
Diablo 1 was fun, as was Diablo 2, but hay guys, since it's trendy to say so, I won't play Diablo 3!

Damn I'm cool.

Hay guys every post I make will be going against the grain, since it's trendy do so and expected of me!

Damn I'm cool.

Excuse me for having a personal opinion.

Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 06-30-2008 10:42:35 AM
I never liked Diablo. I was cool before it was cool to be cool.
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 06-30-2008 11:05:39 AM
So Summer 2010 for release?
Gadani
U
posted 06-30-2008 11:37:45 AM
quote:
Mortious stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
Hay guys every post I make will be going against the grain, since it's trendy do so and expected of me!

Damn I'm cool.

Excuse me for having a personal opinion.

Just curious, did you like Diablo 1 or 2?

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 06-30-2008 11:55:04 AM
quote:
Alidane's account was hax0red to write:
I think I did Warfare/Defense last time and I was nigh-unstoppable once I got off the ground, from what I remember.

OK, fuck stealing it, I'll just buy it. Wonder where the money goes, now that Iron Lore went belly-up?

I just meant that you didn't feel as powerful as a frenzy barb. You were still pretty much unkillable.

The cash probably goes to host the multitude of files on Steam. /shrug

Steven Steve
posted 06-30-2008 12:28:14 PM
Diablo 1 and 2 were good enough, but filled with a sufficient amount of annoyance and crap game design that its sales and fame are not justified (like most other video games ever).

nem-x
posted 06-30-2008 12:29:31 PM
i know my dream warrior was stupid retarded

I think i got to level 70 something

Norim the Stumpy
Pancake
posted 06-30-2008 01:09:19 PM
Greenlit
posted 06-30-2008 01:40:10 PM
I wish Woody Hearn would die.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 06-30-2008 01:50:51 PM
quote:
nem-x still thinks SARS jokes are topical, as evidenced by:
i know my dream warrior was stupid retarded

I think i got to level 70 something

I got one of those, and they are truly made of win. Fucking Onslaught up that ass, bitch.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Norim the Stumpy
Pancake
posted 06-30-2008 03:15:11 PM
quote:
Greenlit was naked while typing this:
I wish Woody Hearn would die.

somedays... me too

nem-x
posted 06-30-2008 03:17:55 PM
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 06-30-2008 05:21:45 PM
quote:
Karnaj's fortune cookie read:

Get on aim and talk to me, faggot. I miss you.

In a totally homosexual, manlove kind of way.

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 06-30-2008 08:30:42 PM
quote:
Falaanla Marr stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:

straight pyromancer with maxed out volcanic orb and all its synergies... pretty much a room sweeper.

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Aaron (the good one)
posted 06-30-2008 10:52:30 PM
need to see signature
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Blindy.
posted 07-01-2008 08:51:03 AM
I'm calling it now.

WOLK - November 08
SC2 (Isn't it in closed beta right now?) - Summer 09
D3 - Summer 10
SC2 Exp - November 10
D3 Exp - Summer 11
WoW2/WoD - Summer 12

Blindy. fucked around with this message on 07-01-2008 at 08:53 AM.

Greenlit
posted 07-01-2008 09:26:14 AM
quote:
Blindy. had this to say about Punky Brewster:
SC2 Exp - November 10
D3 Exp - Summer 11
WoW2/WoD - Summer 12

The expansions seem right, but I doubt WoW2/Other MMO is that far out. 2010 at the latest.

Blindy.
posted 07-01-2008 10:03:26 AM
quote:
Greenlit says po-ta-to, I say pa-ta-to:
The expansions seem right, but I doubt WoW2/Other MMO is that far out. 2010 at the latest.

You seriously think any unannounced blizzard game is a year and a half out?

Steven Steve
posted 07-01-2008 12:30:09 PM
2012 seems right, since it takes Blizzard about 8-10 years to make a sequel usually.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: