EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Poll: More Kait Stories?
You can vote for up to 2 options in this poll.
Author
Topic: A Tale of Kait the Socially Awkward
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 08-14-2007 11:26:08 PM
This story occurred more than a year before the Trial of Terror began when Kait moved into a room I was renting out. As I don't want to right a three page story I'll stick to just the events of this night. This is also going to fit two different catagories I gave Parce: Kait bitching about me and Kait meeting people.

Kait had never been to a concert before. I think I had known her about a year now, and I was still in stage two of Kaititis. This is the ;attempting to fix her; stage. I knew that she made twelve year old boy nerds who weighed three hundred pounds and had faces like a pestilent goat ass seem outright James Bond-like in social ability, but there was still the smallest grain of hope in my mind that this was someone who could be saved.

So my friend Devin's band was playing. This incarnation of the band sucked a lot more than the current one, but like all local bands still had a rabid following consisting entirely of people they knew in high school. They were at Soma, the only all ages venue in San Diego that sat less than twenty thousand. Afterwards there was plans of a party with one of the other bands that was playing there that night. So this would even be a night of two firsts for Kait: live concert and alcohol. I figured it would be a pretty easy entry into the wider world of human interaction, because if she pissed anyone off it's not like she'd have to talk to any of them again.

Things went pretty well during the first half of the night. We pretty much just hung out to the side in the lobby sticking to ourselves. The fun began after my friend's band was done playing and we were waiting behind the building to hear what's going on with the party while they were packing up instrument and all the other shit. I vaguely remembered the people who were back there from middle school and since I had changed schools about four years ago I didn't really know anyone and just chilled quietly until the packing was done. Kait was doing the same, but I was able to tell that something was wrong. She seemed to be getting more and more jittery about not being the absolute center of attention. This is pretty common with people in the eighteen to twenty range, but most know how to deal with it by chatting with strangers looking around for friends to talk to.

Kait didn't work like this. Her solution was to say, very loudly and very clearly, "I LIKE SKIRTS!"

All conversation died like a whelk in a supernova. If you've ever seen a teen movie you know what it's like. All the different chat circles just turn towards the offender, stare in utter silence for about five to ten seconds, and then turn back and start talking to each other again. Usually in mid-sentence and with an eye roll thrown into the mix.

I'm pretty sure that my jaw was literally hanging open. I was stunned. At this stage in knowing Kait I still wasn't really aware of how absolutely fucked up her mental processes were. I mean, I knew, but it hadn't yet sunk deep enough to really understand the scope of it. The fact that someone would say something that stupid and loudly to so many people who they had never seen before blew my fucking mind. It's the kind of thing a five year old would do.

After making her bold declaration I think she got the point and just quietly stood there looking at her feet until I got directions from my friend and we rolled out to the party.

I feel almost bad for what happened, since it was her first time drinking and I pretty much spent the time in the garage where the person-to-square-footage ratio was a bit better and it wasn't quite a hundred degrees. Then I realize that nothing really bad happened, so it's just kinda sad. I guess over the course of two hours Kait had something like five beers. While this wouldn't be a big deal to most of us, she was and still is pretty skinny and had never had a sip of alcohol in her life. Over the course of those hours I occasionally saw people come in with the wide-eyed look I'd later come to associate with people having looked into the crazed darkness that was Kait's mind and realizing they would never be the same again. These people would all say to me, ;Dude. You're friend's.....weird.; and then wander off in a daze. Fortunately Devin's cousin had corralled her and managed to get past Stage One of Kaititis (stunned horror) and into stage two. She kept Kait occupied until she saw me and mentioned the amount of beer Kait had consumed and I figured it was time to go.

She convinced me that she could make the decent walk back to my car and only fell down two or three times. It was at this point that I was a little worried and felt pretty bad about not paying enough attention to mention that she should slow down on the drinking a bit. We made it to my car and then to my place where she was going to crash in the guest room since she was worried about getting the shit kicked out of her by her parents if she showed up drunk. We had just barely gotten in when she hurried off to the bathroom and started blowing chunks for all she was worth. I felt pretty bad about this and did the friendly thing of offering to get some water or whatever. She mumbled something, I asked what, and she told me to just go away, so I did. A little while later she heads into the guest room and passes out. As I hadn't had anything to drink I was still up for a bit and made sure she was doing alright before I went to bed.

I later hear from a mutual friend that she had been bitching up a storm about how much of an asshole I was for not leaving her alone while she was sicking up in my bathroom and for pestering her about making sure to drink a good bit of water before going to sleep. I guess that was my just reward for giving a shit about a friend.

Dr. Gee fucked around with this message on 08-14-2007 at 11:29 PM.

nem-x
posted 08-15-2007 12:02:31 AM
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 08-15-2007 12:29:09 AM
haha this is funny but yeah woulda been moreso with rape

just make something up if it doesn't involve it next time

i call it a "story enhancer"

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 08-15-2007 06:26:26 AM
Awesome. I had no idea any of this had occured in any way whatsoever. You should write a book or something. Bravo! Applause!
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 08-15-2007 10:59:14 AM
This is glorious.
Steven Steve
posted 08-15-2007 11:13:00 AM
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 08-15-2007 11:53:25 AM
Is this one of those threads where "Tits or GTFO" is appropriate?
"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
Alaan
posted 08-15-2007 12:19:31 PM
quote:
This one time, at Manticore camp:
Is this one of those threads where "Tits or GTFO" is appropriate?

I'm not sure she has any.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 08-15-2007 12:44:39 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Alaan wrote:
I'm not sure she has any.

All the better reason.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 08-15-2007 12:55:59 PM
In this thread, a teenage girl goes to a party, drinks too much beer, and throws up while being emotional.

an incredible human drama.

Steven Steve
posted 08-15-2007 02:38:03 PM
Who is Kait
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Alaan
posted 08-15-2007 03:28:57 PM
Kait

Alaan fucked around with this message on 08-15-2007 at 03:30 PM.

Steven Steve
posted 08-15-2007 03:33:37 PM
Has she posted up some nudies yet?

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 08-15-2007 03:36:19 PM
she looks like my x-gf

i'd hit it

Alaan
posted 08-15-2007 03:40:30 PM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
she looks like my x-gf

i'd hit it

YOu can go to Cali, visit Suddar, then hit on Kait. Sounds like your next vacation is planned.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 08-15-2007 03:46:27 PM
I don't know if I can handle 2 rapes in one weekend.

It's a very physically straining activity, ya know.

Rhiannah
WAI!!!
posted 08-15-2007 04:09:09 PM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough impressed everyone with:
I don't know if I can handle 2 rapes in one weekend.

It's a very physically straining activity, ya know.

Just bring some natural male enhancement and you'll be good to go!

I'm an individual. Just like everyone else!

Mightion Defensor
posted 08-15-2007 04:19:21 PM
What did you want us to do with this information anyway, Gee?

Laugh at it?

Take action of some sort to her benefit?

First time I read it, I half-expected to see the Fresh Prince at the end.

I mean, it happened over a year ago, you say? Why tell us now, then?

nem-x
posted 08-15-2007 04:28:34 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Stalwart Steve wrote:
Has she posted up some nudies yet?
tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 08-15-2007 04:30:36 PM
I'd hit it.
There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 08-15-2007 04:44:53 PM
quote:
Mightion Defensor needs to hitch a ride with a Vogon constructor fleet.
You haven't been paying attention. He's responding to a direct request.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-15-2007 04:45:33 PM
quote:
Vallo said:
I'd hit it.
Steven Steve
posted 08-15-2007 04:55:36 PM
Are there nudes yet

Contact me at LeaveItToSteven for donations

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 08-15-2007 04:57:57 PM
Is that like Even Stevphen?
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Dr. Gee
posted 08-15-2007 05:02:08 PM
quote:
So quoth Mightion Defensor:

Laugh at it?

Parce requested Kait stories in Karnaj's seven year thread. I obliged.

A typical conversation while Kait was living with me:

Me: "I'm going to the store tommorow. Want anything other thant the usual stuff?"

Kait walks off wordlessly.

Fours hours later. I'm talking to my other roomate (Erik, who's still living here). Kait walks over to where we're sitting and stands there wordlessly while staring a hole through the side of my head.

Me: "So I'm just gonna make my next box a full Vista machine. Probably Christmas-ish."

Erik: "That's cool. I was thinking-"

Kait cuts him off mid sentence: "JAM!" and then starts walking off.

Me and Erik: "What?"

Kait: "GOD!!!! WHY ARE YOU SUCH A STUPID ASSHOLE!" and slams the door to her room.

That was a typical day in the life of living with Kait.

Steven Steve
posted 08-15-2007 05:03:28 PM
Maybe she thinks that she's Rei Ayaname or whatever

Dr. Gee
posted 08-15-2007 05:09:57 PM
quote:
Stalwart Steve had this to say about pies:
Maybe she thinks that she's Rei Ayaname or whatever

I have no idea who that is, but I can post a story about spending hundreds of dollars for comic con while not being able to pay rent to her parents later.

nem-x
posted 08-15-2007 05:11:19 PM
she obviously wanted you to jam it in
Steven Steve
posted 08-15-2007 05:20:02 PM
That's right, also, who is Kait and why does she live near you?

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 08-15-2007 05:21:55 PM
She could be famous on one of those blogger sites like myspace or whatever.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-15-2007 08:13:38 PM
quote:
Mightion Defensor stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:

Laugh at it?

Why are you so cruel to her, Gee?

Why would you do this to her?

Is she watching?

Is any girl watching, for that matter?

Do they think I'm noble and regal now?

Please?

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 08-15-2007 08:17:54 PM
quote:
Mightion Defensor painfully thought these words up:
What did you want us to do with this anyway?

Laugh at it?

imo title

Mightion Defensor
posted 08-15-2007 08:53:27 PM
quote:
From the Book of Armaments, Mr. Parcelan did read;
Why are you so cruel to her, Gee?

Why would you do this to her?

Is she watching?

Is any girl watching, for that matter?

Do they think I'm noble and regal now?

Please?

While I applaud the long-range consistency of your behavior, I feel moved to point out even if I was looking for a woman over the internet, this would NOT a place I'd look for one.

Skaw
posted 08-15-2007 08:55:33 PM
It's not so great to set your standards so high Mightion.

All things considered..

Dr. Gee
posted 08-15-2007 09:06:51 PM
quote:
Stalwart Steve attempted to be funny by writing:
That's right, also, who is Kait and why does she live near you?

I met Kait via a gaming group that, on the whole, sucked a lot. The best thing that can be said about it is that I met what would become my new gaming group by accident while the lot of us were out having lunch at Callahan's one day. I was friends with her for a while after I left since in low enough dosages it's possible to survive the mental onslaught of conversing with her and because that was still back when I was in my mega-loser period and had pretty much no other friends. I maintained the friendship almost out of habit after the group broke apart and out of pity with the hope that she'd get better. She never did. I rented out a room to her after my mom died again in the hope that she'd recover from a massively fucked up abusive set of parents and again, that failed. So I eventually kicked her out since I couldn't take the constant stream of negativity and hate.

She still owes me $400 in rent.

So here are the four stages of the Kait Effect. Not everyone goes through all of them, and some people just jump right from one to four or jump around in between, but this order is pretty typical.

1. Stunned Horror. This is what people experience when they first talk to Kait one-on-one. The realization that this is a mind you will never be able to even remotely comprehend comes hard. This is the only stage people ever experience because it takes near superhuman charity/stubborn stupidity to move onto the next stage.

2. Trying to help. Kait has something about her that triggers an attempt to help from everyone I've seen who's been able to keep talking to her for more than half an hour. I think it's the fact that her mind is so broken it warps the thinking of others into imagining that there's some thin veneer of rationality on top of the layer of sheer chaos and hate. During this stage people will usually invite Kait out to parties or just to hang out. They think that doing this and associating Kait with people who aren't mentally broken she'll start to pick up some of the habits of those around her and begin to function normally. This stage can last from minutes to years.

It's also during this stage that you think it might be worth tapping it. This goes on until half-way through stage three. The growing realization of the true depth of how she thinks rapidly dissuades you from this though. Unless you'd be happy using a Downs Syndrome person as a hole for sex. That seems about what it's comparable to.

3. Fucking with her for fun. I don't mean in the biblical sense. You enter this stage when you put two and two together and realize that she will always come up with fourty-three. The only way of dealing with this while still being in her general area is by egging her on deeper into the realms of insanity. This happened for me the night that my cousin (Gork), his friend Robert, and I all crituqed her chat log session "story" by inventing our own characters. The leader of which was a one eyed, wooden legged pirate captain parrot. This character with his many adjectives went well with the character from her actual story which was a homosexual transsexual dark elf vampire werewolf anime chibi who sucked so much vampire dick he/she became allergic to garlic. This is also Kait's fantasy of her life. The sucking endless vampire dick thing. Anyways, we spent about three hours enjoying the hell out of this while she was fuming and walked out on us numerous times. Eventually though, even this gets tiring and you move into the long golden happiness of stage four.

4. Not giving a shit. This the stage where you realize true and endless happiness. Usually the person just finds something to say that will immediatly stop all attempts from Kait to talk to you. I just ask her if she's managed to keep her job long enough to finally be able to pay me my rent. That brings all conversation to a pleasantly grinding halt. All my friends in this stage have their own things, but they're all pretty effective.

Dr. Gee fucked around with this message on 08-15-2007 at 09:12 PM.

Steven Steve
posted 08-15-2007 09:15:56 PM
Sounds like a cry wolf case, definitely should have raped it

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 08-15-2007 09:48:02 PM
quote:
Skaw thought about the meaning of life:

All things considered..

Hurr hurr.

Man, you really burned him.

Cherveny
Papaya
posted 08-15-2007 09:51:04 PM
You know, she almost sounds like she has "high functioning" autism.
Mightion Defensor
posted 08-15-2007 10:03:29 PM
quote:
Skaw fell asleep and read just about every paragraph.

All things considered..

Do you have a little bell that goes off each time I post, or something?

I still can't figure out why it's so important, to people who don't like me, whether I have a girlfriend or not. My family doesn't even mention it.

Steven Steve
posted 08-15-2007 10:04:08 PM
quote:
Cherveny had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
You know, she almost sounds like she has "high functioning" autism.

No because that would require her to be proficient in something

Also the reason you had it coming, Mightion, was because you implied that Parcelan was looking for vaginas on Evercrest and also that you were somehow above such an action - both of which are false

Stalwart Steve fucked around with this message on 08-15-2007 at 10:06 PM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: