EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Poll: Best chickmobiles?
Author
Topic: Which gets more girls
Maradon!
posted 08-01-2007 06:32:07 PM
Well?

Elucidation from actual girls would be cool too.

Gadani
U
posted 08-01-2007 06:32:45 PM
big trucks around here in the DIRTY SOUTH

e: at high school/college level anyway

Gadani fucked around with this message on 08-01-2007 at 06:33 PM.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 08-01-2007 06:42:05 PM
For what it's worth, women around here gravitate towards SUV's. My fiancee loves her CR-V because it lets her "See more of the road" and "feel safe"
Greenlit
posted 08-01-2007 06:42:06 PM
have you forgotten pimped cars
Maradon!
posted 08-01-2007 06:51:45 PM
File SUV's under Big Awesome Trucks.

Pimped cars can be of any category, so if you're talking about a pimped sports car then we can say sports car, or a pimped truck and so on.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-01-2007 06:55:22 PM
Sports cars to attract whores who you'll discard the next day.

Economical european cars to attract keepers.

Gadani
U
posted 08-01-2007 07:10:33 PM
quote:
Mortious was listening to Cher while typing:
Sports cars to attract whores who you'll discard the next day.

Economical european cars to attract keepers.

If by "keepers" you mean "crazy environmentalist vegetarian trendy girls" then yes.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-01-2007 07:21:32 PM
Hippie girls put out quite a bit.

You'll likely catch a fungus from fucking them, though, thanks to their lack of hygiene.

Maradon!
posted 08-01-2007 07:21:33 PM
I don't think economic cars attract any women in any country.

It's all about flagrant displays of financial excess. Women desire wealthy, stable men in the same manner that men desire nubile, fertile women.

Maradon!
posted 08-01-2007 07:23:09 PM
Although I must admit, buying a Prius and plastering it with conservative bumper stickers is an attractive prospect, if only for the double-take factor.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-01-2007 07:58:44 PM
quote:
Maradon! said:
I don't think economic cars attract any women in any country.

It's all about flagrant displays of financial excess. Women desire wealthy, stable men in the same manner that men desire nubile, fertile women.

You'd be suprised how wrong that misconception is.

Women looking to "settle down" go for men who are family-orientated. A sensible car displays that in spades.

Ares
posted 08-01-2007 07:59:03 PM
Having no car attracts me, apparently. Batting two for two in a row now.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-01-2007 08:03:37 PM
Ares is not a girl.
Steven Steve
posted 08-01-2007 08:28:33 PM
This is a terrible question, the answer is sports cars obviously, except that the only kinds of girls who are after men with "taste" in cars are those who are getting in "relationships" merely for free items
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Tier
posted 08-01-2007 09:28:29 PM
A woman that chooses you for your type of car is not one you want to be with.
Aaron (the good one)
posted 08-01-2007 09:29:47 PM
quote:
That damn dirty Asha'man rudely interrupted me to say;
A woman that chooses you for your type of car is not one you want to be with.

for more than an hour

Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Steven Steve
posted 08-01-2007 09:35:23 PM
A sports car is excellent bait for rape/murder victims (especially of the underage variety)
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 08-01-2007 09:50:14 PM
quote:
And now, we sprinkle Mortious liberally with Old Spice!
You'd be suprised how wrong that misconception is.

Women looking to "settle down" go for men who are family-orientated. A sensible car displays that in spades.

Not in America, it doesn't. If it doesn't have eight cylinders and over 4.5 liters of displacement, you're a faggot.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Steven Steve
posted 08-01-2007 09:53:54 PM
Yes haha, there are no "company cars" or whatever the hell in America

BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 08-01-2007 10:13:55 PM
Although a Sports car will attract me initially, it's the guys with the 'safe' cars that are worth staying around for.

The sports car is the throwaway man. LOL

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 08-01-2007 10:43:36 PM
Depends on the girl you want.

Anyone that likes you for having a PT Cruiser is not a good choice, btw. And having one would make you a fag. (Like Gadani)

Steven Steve
posted 08-01-2007 11:23:50 PM
quote:
Verily, BeauChan doth proclaim:
Although a Sports car will attract me initially, it's the guys with the 'safe' cars that are worth staying around for.

The sports car is the throwaway man. LOL

HEEEEEEEEEE

Gadani
U
posted 08-01-2007 11:50:30 PM
quote:
Mr. Gainsborough spewed forth this undeniable truth:
Depends on the girl you want.

Anyone that likes you for having a PT Cruiser is not a good choice, btw. And having one would make you a fag. (Like Gadani)

hey fuck you my PT cruiser is a standard.

Also I have a girlfriend (not because of the car, obviously). :colbert:

Led
*kaboom*
posted 08-01-2007 11:54:34 PM
Big awesome trucks :3

I cannot fit in your tiny cars, grr.

Suddar
posted 08-01-2007 11:59:46 PM
My girlfriend finds men who drives sports cars more attractive (unless they're "fat and disgusting")because they're a symbol of wealth.

She likes them because rich assholes drive them.

She also says she'd prefer a man driving a vintage station wagon above all.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 08-02-2007 02:23:22 AM
quote:
Channeling the spirit of Sherlock Holmes, Suddar absently fondled Watson and proclaimed:

She also says she'd prefer a man driving a vintage station wagon above all.

So she prefers a man with a Woody, eh?

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-02-2007 02:29:38 AM
When you're Maradon, desperately poor and hideous as sin, cars seem the least worry in a vast panoply of woe.
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 08-02-2007 05:26:28 AM
Whatever car you happen to have plus adorable puppy.

In fact you needn't bother with the car bit at all, except that cars are awesome.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 08-02-2007 08:52:43 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan got served! Mr. Parcelan got served!
When you're Maradon, desperately poor and hideous as sin, cars seem the least worry in a vast panoply of woe.

You know, you do have a point there. Maradon should work on that crippling poverty thing before he buys a $45,000 pickup truck.

Also, panoply? Awesome.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Steven Steve
posted 08-02-2007 09:18:55 AM
Panoply haha

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 08-02-2007 11:33:16 AM
A number of women look at a guy's car and think they're looking at the guy. So whatever they want to get out of the guy, that's what they look for in the car.
>> Sports cars show wealth and energy. The guy will take her to expensive clubs, buy her nice things, and have a lot of energy in bed.
>> A truck shows strength and stability. The guy will defend her and stand up for her. Trucks are also pretty expensive, but not as much so as sports cars.
>> Family cars provide comfort and reliability. The guy may not buy her nice things, but he'll make sure she's cared for, and is more likely to make a long-term commitment.
>> Compact cars are cheap and relatively uncomfortable, but they work hard and get around at low cost. The guy probably can't afford something better, but he works hard, and could turn into something better over time.

This is, of course, largely nonsense. Not entirely nonsense, but close to it.

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 08-02-2007 11:54:25 AM
What's wrong with PT Cruisers?

I said trucks with sub-catagory for Jeeps. I like them. On the one hand, I'd like to be honest and say that "car status" doesn't matter, but in all honesty, it did for me. Before my fiance` traded in the gold minivan he had, I didn't want to switch vehicles with him. But now that he has his Commander, I gladly switch vehicles when he needs mine for his job. It's just a monster of a vehicle and makes me feel powerful while in it.

I've seen a lot of college aged guys in Cruisers in this area. They're quite the popular car. Whatever you do, don't get a beetle. There is nothing manly about them.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-02-2007 02:36:04 PM
quote:
Jajahotep said this about your mom:
What's wrong with PT Cruisers?

They are completely hideous, by any standard. Beetles are sissy and queer, for sure, but a PT Cruiser looks like the ill-fated experiment to mingle a Beetle with a Minivan. They look like the Quasimodo of automobiles.

Alaan
posted 08-02-2007 02:41:58 PM
They also have terrible build quality.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 08-02-2007 03:00:29 PM
quote:
So quoth Alaan:
They also have terrible build quality.

It's a Neon with a body change.

Maradon!
posted 08-02-2007 06:02:37 PM
The company cars I drive sometimes are PT Cruisers.

They are hands down the crappiest cars I have ever driven. Shit for acceleration, the automatic shifts jerky and at bizarre times, crappy generic interior, ugly as sin on the outside. I can't say enough bad stuff about it.

It's not even very fuel efficient.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 08-02-2007 at 06:02 PM.

Steven Steve
posted 08-02-2007 07:20:16 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Robocop:
They are completely hideous, by any standard. Beetles are sissy and queer, for sure, but a PT Cruiser looks like the ill-fated experiment to mingle a Beetle with a Minivan. They look like the Quasimodo of automobiles.

Coincidentially sissy and queer is in this decade

Gadani
U
posted 08-02-2007 10:14:08 PM
quote:
Maradon!'s unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Shit for acceleration, the automatic shifts jerky and at bizarre times, crappy generic interior, ugly as sin on the outside. I can't say enough bad stuff about it.

It's not even very fuel efficient.

Mine accelerates wonderfully, but that's probably due to it being a standard. Obviously the jerky shifts don't apply either.

I've added a few touches to the interior and I have to agree that the car is fucking ugly.

Also I get 26 MPG in the city

Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 08-03-2007 12:00:05 AM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Although I must admit, buying a Prius and plastering it with conservative bumper stickers is an attractive prospect, if only for the double-take factor.

I would tend to agree. Living on the "Left Coast of the Great Lakes" like I do, you see too many damned Subaru's around here. If there are bumper stickers on the car, it is typically an old Wellstone! sticker from his final campaign before dying in a firey plane crash. The other annoyance around here of late has been bumper stickers that say: W W W D? What Would Wellstone Do?

I don't give a flying fuck!! HE'S DEAD!! The main reason you see so many of the damned cars around here is because before Paul Wellstone got rich taking special interest money, he drove around an ancient Subaru Legacy Wagon that had more fucking holes in it than a goth whore. And as he's worshipped around these parts, everyone just has to drive a Subaru too...

I have to laugh at the irony of some of these old hippy freaks living here. They drive these old pieces of garbage that run poorly and leak all sorts of fluids on the ground yet have bumper stickers that say "Love your Mother" or "Earth Day should be Every Day!" or some other global warming scare sticker. Every now and then I wish they'd start smog testing cars around here... just so we can get that junk off the road.

And to answer your original question. It's not the vehicle IMO. Granted, I've been out of the dating scene for much too long. But if it sounds like a Redneck Country Tune, "She loves me for my truck..." I have no interest in her.

http://www.bloodfin.net
Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 08-03-2007 06:19:55 AM
quote:
Gadani wrote this stupid crap:
Mine accelerates wonderfully, but that's probably due to it being a standard. Obviously the jerky shifts don't apply either.

I've added a few touches to the interior and I have to agree that the car is fucking ugly.

Also I get 26 MPG in the city

Yeah, I've never had any acceleration issues with mine. She drives beautifully. And I get about 26 city/29 highway (which is important when driving 80 miles a day for work). As for appearance, they're like a modern day woody but without the tacky faux wood paneling. The really ugly ones are the split color ones (blue on top/silver on bottom for example) or the convertibles. I hate the convertible ones -- they have absolutely no room. The interior in mine has paneling that matches the exterior.

It's a good little car. And yeah, so it's built on the same frame as Neons were. *shrug*

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: