EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I'm totally doing it.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 02-27-2007 01:43:54 PM
I'm picking up the engagement ring in 2.5 hours. Still don't know how I'm going to ask her. You guys should see the wad of cash I've got on me right now. I'll post pictures of it later.
Willias
Pancake
posted 02-27-2007 01:52:45 PM
quote:
Blindy. had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Still don't know how I'm going to ask her.

In situations like this, I always think to myself:

What would Spider-Man do?

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 02-27-2007 01:57:53 PM
This is just a personal opinion, so take it as you will. That is, if you're looking for ideas.

Don't set up some big special event to ask her, because it's both cliche and she'll be expecting it by that point (unless she is already?). Some fancy dinner, etc. Eh. Overdone.

Also keep in mind that it'll be a memory permanently etched in her mind (and yours), so you want to ask someplace that'll hold a nice memory for each of you. So something she enjoys or both of you enjoy spending leisure time would be good. Even riding on a ferry or something has a good romantic feel to it (as long as it doesn't stink of shrimp or gull poop).

All in all, though, a place she can be happy with remembering the when and where would be the best bet. Good luck to you sir and I hope she says yes

Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 02-27-2007 01:58:57 PM
Propose to her during intercourse.
"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 02-27-2007 02:01:49 PM
OK, here's the plan.

Have sex with her tonight, and when you pull out, simultaneously blow your load on her face and toss the ring on with the jism. She'll go from "Ewww" to "Awww! in two seconds flat.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 02-27-2007 02:03:29 PM
I shouldn't be reading jokes like that ^ at work. Sweet Jesus my sides are killing me!
"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Ares
posted 02-27-2007 03:25:47 PM
quote:
Karnaj painfully thought these words up:
OK, here's the plan.

Have sex with her tonight, and when you pull out, simultaneously blow your load on her face and toss the ring on with the jism. She'll go from "Ewww" to "Awww! in two seconds flat.

omg..I think I may have pee myself just a little bit when I read that.

Good luck Blindy.

Pancake
posted 02-27-2007 04:57:01 PM
quote:
From the book of Ares, chapter 3, verse 16:
omg..I think I may have pee myself just a little bit when I read that.

Good luck Blindy.

:quagmire:

Timpofee
Mancake
posted 02-28-2007 12:41:39 PM
quote:
Karnaj attempted to be funny by writing:
OK, here's the plan.

BWAAHAHAHHAAH
I love it!

Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 02-28-2007 01:38:32 PM
tape it to your cock...
Blindy.
posted 03-06-2007 05:24:43 PM
Ok, no.

Here's what I'm doing. This is going down Thursday, as in the day after Tomorrow. I've told her that I'm taking her out to dinner at the celestial, which is just about the most romantic restaurant in Cincinnati. It's high on a hill overlooking the city, and they've got live jazz playing Thursday though Saturday.

She is getting flowers delivered to her work. Along with the flowers is a long card talking about our history together, the good times and the bad, and how I wouldn't change a moment because any second with her is better than a second without her. It is signed "I love you, Tom"

Then she is getting more flowers delivered to her parents house. These have a card that talks about our lives right now and how she's super busy and how incredibly proud of her I am about how she manages to keep up with a billion different things and still pay attention to myself and her family and such. It is signed "I love you, Tom"

I'm going to leave the third card along with a glass rose with the guys at the Celestial, and hopefully they will have it waiting at a window side table when we arrive. The third card is going to talk about how I had always been scared about growing old and having kids and all that grown up crap, until I met her and realized that as long as I had her for a partner I wouldn't have anything to worry about. It is signed "Will you marry me?"

Once she reads that and looks at me all confused I will get down on one knee and ask the question. She will say yes, and then we will be happy and such and so on and eat some $50 chicken or steak.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 03-06-2007 05:32:44 PM
Let us know how it goes, chief
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 03-06-2007 05:35:09 PM
Wear it like Jack Black wore the One Ring.
Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 03-06-2007 05:40:15 PM
Good luck!

Vernaltemptress
Withered and Alone
posted 03-06-2007 05:50:29 PM
Times like these I'm so glad Bloodsage tricked me into asking him "so, when are we getting married?"

Three weeks later we were and the honeymoon lasted 4 hours.

Of course, I'd rather have a great dinner with a great view as a memory for a proposal then the thought of me cooking scrambled eggs :wtf: but each anniversary is more memorable than the last and are infinitely better than the memory of the proposal.

Bonne Chance!

Obamanomics: spend, tax, and borrow.
BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 03-06-2007 06:26:15 PM
wow. That's... awesome. Good luck!

copies and pastes it for future reference

edit: wrong smiley

BeauChan fucked around with this message on 03-06-2007 at 06:26 PM.

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Blindy.
posted 03-08-2007 05:25:11 PM
Phase 1 is complete. She got the flowers at work.

Her mom tells me the flowers for her home are delivered and waiting.

Phase 3 is prepared, the glass rose and the card are at the restaurant.

T-Minus 2 hours 30 minutes and counting.

Mightion Defensor
posted 03-08-2007 06:11:15 PM
Cool.... you can lean back, temple your fingers, and say:

"Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen," in a Coruscanti accent. Lord knows I would.

Good luck!

Blindy.
posted 03-08-2007 07:23:23 PM
Phase 2 Complete.

She's on her way over here to go out for dinner.

Everything is proceeding has I have foreseen.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 03-08-2007 07:31:35 PM
inc rejection followed by suicide
Blindy.
posted 03-09-2007 07:29:50 AM
NOPE!

She said yes!

Skaw
posted 03-09-2007 07:47:25 AM
quote:
Blindy. was listening to Cher while typing:
NOPE!

She said yes!

Why'd it take so long for you to post that?

Blindy.
posted 03-09-2007 08:18:36 AM
quote:
While you read this, I'm gonna go make out with Skaw's mom:
Why'd it take so long for you to post that?

Post-engagement sex?

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 03-09-2007 08:22:44 AM
Well, my condolences.

Nah, just kidding. If you two are happy, congratulations.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Damnati
Filthy
posted 03-09-2007 08:28:47 AM
Congratulations!
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Skaw
posted 03-09-2007 08:45:00 AM
quote:
Blindy. was listening to Cher while typing:
Post-engagement sex?

Thats what I was hinting at.

Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 03-09-2007 12:28:48 PM
Huzzah! Congrats!

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 03-09-2007 12:30:25 PM
gratz to you.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-09-2007 12:34:13 PM
Welcome to the Valley of the Damned.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 03-09-2007 01:02:19 PM
Yay for you Blindy! We all getting invites now?
Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 03-09-2007 01:59:02 PM
Congrats duder, good luck to the both of you.
"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 03-09-2007 04:34:15 PM
There's still a way out.

Mr. Gainsborough fucked around with this message on 03-09-2007 at 04:35 PM.

LeMiere
posted 03-09-2007 04:54:42 PM
Congratulations!
BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 03-11-2007 12:47:55 AM
With that proposal, how could she say no?

Congrats Blindy

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Blindy.
posted 03-19-2007 11:26:05 PM

Mightion Defensor
posted 03-19-2007 11:38:44 PM
I'm guessing you've got the pictures in the wrong order... there's no way you still had that pile o' Benjamins after buying that rock.

Grats.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-20-2007 12:02:06 AM
quote:
Mightion Defensor said:
I'm guessing you've got the pictures in the wrong order... there's no way you still had that pile o' Benjamins after buying that rock.

Things went sour.

Off to the pawn shop we go!

Mightion Defensor
posted 03-20-2007 12:18:38 AM
quote:
From the Book of Armaments, Mortious did read;
Things went sour.

Off to the pawn shop we go!

I can't tell if you're joking. Bummer if you're not, though.

Blindy.
posted 03-20-2007 12:23:04 AM
He's joking. Everything is going awesome.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-20-2007 04:05:01 PM
You couldn't afford one that was in focus?

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: