EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: This is how wii play.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 09-05-2006 12:59:23 PM
Sean
posted 09-05-2006 01:13:07 PM
We had fun tearing this video apart in IRC last night.

Prime talking point: That everything looks like complete shit, especially Red Steel.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Blindy.
posted 09-05-2006 01:24:19 PM
Talking point: Who gives a flying fuck? I'll buy it and 8 games for the price of a playstation 3.
Suddar
posted 09-05-2006 02:00:43 PM
Talking point: Fucking ban Blindy, jesus christ, what an amazing cunt.
BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 09-05-2006 02:00:47 PM
I do have to say, the graphics look on par with the n64 from the first game he was playing. However, it also looked like alot more fun than anything I remember playing on the n64, minus like Paper Mario, and Perfect Dark.

edit: Video froze Firefox at 5 minuts n change. Gonna try to watch the rest.

edit2: Well, maybe a bit better than the N-64, but not by too much.

BetaTested fucked around with this message on 09-05-2006 at 02:02 PM.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Blindy.
posted 09-05-2006 02:08:18 PM
quote:
If only Suddar hadn't said this:
Talking point: Fucking ban Blindy, jesus christ, what an amazing cunt.

No no, boys have a penis.

Sean
posted 09-05-2006 02:09:16 PM
quote:
Blindy. attempted to be funny by writing:
Talking point: Who gives a flying fuck? I'll buy it and 8 games for the price of a playstation 3.

Everything also looks like a total bitch to play (sports games, I'm looking at you), especially that first RTS.

He didn't even really use it for anything in the RTS except as a mouse replacement, which was jerky, spastic, and just seemed cumbersome.

Can you imagine standing around swinging that thing like a fucking idiot for a full baseball game? We didn't even see if he has to hurl it around to pitch, which I imagine he does. Seven to eleven swings per inning, nine innings, maybe the same for pitching, that'll be tedious and tiring as fuck.

Golf might be a little easier on you, given the drastically reduced swing count.

Tennis will be a major fucking flop. Especially compared to how seamless and fun the 360's Table Tennis game is.

But hey, it's a $200 console. You get what you pay for.

Blindy.
posted 09-05-2006 02:13:33 PM
It all looked very manageable to me. If you get tired moving your arms a few times, then get to the gym, fatty.
Sean
posted 09-05-2006 02:15:00 PM
quote:
Blindy.'s fortune cookie read:
It all looked very manageable to me. If you get tired moving your arms a few times, then get to the gym, fatty.

Well that's the be-all end-all of discussion you win Blindy good sir

Blindy.
posted 09-05-2006 02:15:33 PM
quote:
Sean's opinion of themself must be pretty good:
Well that's the be-all end-all of discussion you win Blindy good sir

So let it be written, so let it be done.

Maradon!
posted 09-05-2006 02:15:33 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Blindy. who doth quote:

Always assuming they make 8 games.

But if price is the only thing you worry about when it comes to gaming I'd suggest sticking to the Dreamcast, GBA, and Saturn, you can pick up one of each and around ten titles apiece for the cost of an X-Box 360.

Blindy.
posted 09-05-2006 02:19:51 PM
quote:
Maradon! must read alot of poetry:
Always assuming they make 8 games.

But if price is the only thing you worry about when it comes to gaming I'd suggest sticking to the Dreamcast, GBA, and Saturn, you can pick up one of each and around ten titles apiece for the cost of an X-Box 360.

There are 36 titles comfirmed, 11 of which are launch titles.

Just FYI.

BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 09-05-2006 02:24:05 PM
It does actually look pretty fun to play around with. I might have to get a Nintendo product again. I'd stopped bothering after the N-64, heh.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Maradon!
posted 09-05-2006 02:28:34 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Blindy. booooze lime pole over bench lick:
There are 36 titles comfirmed, 11 of which are launch titles.

Just FYI.

And how many in HD? Oh wait, that's right, grey bars 4 u.

Have fun with your two gamecubes glued together though.

nem-x
posted 09-05-2006 02:36:09 PM
Shoulder buttons > trying to point a laser pointer to select a weapon
Blindy.
posted 09-05-2006 03:29:37 PM
quote:
Did someone say Maradon!:
And how many in HD? Oh wait, that's right, grey bars 4 u.

Have fun with your two gamecubes glued together though.

I will, as long as you have fun with your four playstation 3's glued together with absolutely no thought for innovation of any kind.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 09-05-2006 03:38:48 PM
Not all innovation is a good thing. It'd be pretty innovative to take a crap while standing on your head. . .but that doesn't mean it's a good thing, or that we should abandon the old ways in favor of innovation.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 09-05-2006 03:43:22 PM
quote:
And now, we sprinkle Bloodsage liberally with Old Spice!
Not all innovation is a good thing. It'd be pretty innovative to take a crap while standing on your head. . .but that doesn't mean it's a good thing, or that we should abandon the old ways in favor of innovation.

Speak for yourself. Crapstands are healthy and hilarious.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Blindy.
posted 09-05-2006 03:51:43 PM
quote:
Bloodsage's complete misunderstanding of life manifested itself when they said:

Being able to actually aim at the screen rather than point a reticle is a good thing.

Being able to jerk the control left or right to jump in that direction is a good thing.

Having to remember that L2 opens doors and L1 Changes grenades, Square pulls up your menu, triangle jumps, and pushing down the left analog stick makes you crouch is a bad thing.

The point is, the wii allows developers to innovate. The PS3 allows them to make light glimmer off of water.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 09-05-2006 04:02:47 PM
I'd disagree on most of those things you term "good." The bigger and more pronounced one makes the endlessly repetitive motions of video games, the less fun and more dangerous the gaming experience will be. Just what we need: kids dislocating their elbows trying to pitch like Nolan Ryan, or getting carpal tunnel by doing strange things with their wrists for hours at a time.

And, frankly, if you have trouble remembering which buttons do what in a video game. . .you need to turn in your driver's license now and admit to being an utter failure at life.

Certain types of games can benefit from similar approaches--namely shooting games--but it's a huge mistake to think everything will. And shooting games would be stupid with a controller shaped like a fucking remote.

"Don't interrupt me, Honey--I'm right in the middle of changing the channel on a bunch of bad guys."

Finally, it's a one-trick pony. They've sacrificed everything else in the hopes that a tiny bit of novelty will blind people to the fact that, well, it's going to suck in every other area. It'd be different (maybe) if they'd opted for state-of-the-art graphics and and all the rest. . .but they didn't. I'll take, "Damn, that's gorgeous and immersive," over, "Oh, looky: I can waggle the remote," any day.

Sean
posted 09-05-2006 04:02:56 PM
You realize the PS3 controller is also motion sensitive.

Without being a retarded nunchuk.

(blindy, that is)

Sean fucked around with this message on 09-05-2006 at 04:04 PM.

Blindy.
posted 09-05-2006 04:04:43 PM
quote:
A thousand monkeys at a thousand typewriters couldn't ever match Sean:
You realize the PS3 controller is also motion sensitive.

Without being a retarded nunchuk.

Yes, I realize they shamelessly ripped off nintendo for a feature that will rarely see any usage, since 95% of their content will be xbox360 games on a different media.

Blindy.
posted 09-05-2006 04:06:25 PM
quote:
I gotta give it to Bloodsage with:
I'd disagree on most of those things you term "good." The bigger and more pronounced one makes the endlessly repetitive motions of video games, the less fun and more dangerous the gaming experience will be. Just what we need: kids dislocating their elbows trying to pitch like Nolan Ryan, or getting carpal tunnel by doing strange things with their wrists for hours at a time.

And, frankly, if you have trouble remembering which buttons do what in a video game. . .you need to turn in your driver's license now and admit to being an utter failure at life.

Certain types of games can benefit from similar approaches--namely shooting games--but it's a huge mistake to think everything will. And shooting games would be stupid with a controller shaped like a fucking remote.

"Don't interrupt me, Honey--I'm right in the middle of changing the channel on a bunch of bad guys."

Finally, it's a one-trick pony. They've sacrificed everything else in the hopes that a tiny bit of novelty will blind people to the fact that, well, it's going to suck in every other area. It'd be different (maybe) if they'd opted for state-of-the-art graphics and and all the rest. . .but they didn't. I'll take, "Damn, that's gorgeous and immersive," over, "Oh, looky: I can waggle the remote," any day.

That's where you and I differ. If I want gorgeous and immersive, I'd play a PC game. The only reason I EVER look at console games is for a novel experience.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 09-05-2006 04:14:21 PM
Then I'd have to say your console setup is inadequate. I find my console experience--100"+ HD screen, full 5.1 home theater setup pumping over 100W/chan into Klipsch speakers--much more immersive than my PC experience.

If your home theater doesn't out-perform your PC in sound and video quality. . .it's hardly the console's fault.

And it's hardly valid to argue the overwhelming superiority of a system you only like because you have very specific, hardly mainstream expectations for your console gaming.

Sean
posted 09-05-2006 04:19:04 PM
quote:
Blindy. had this to say about Robocop:
since 95% of their content will be xbox360 games on a different media.

So, wait, you saw something original in that Wii video?

I saw an RTS/FPS hybrid that's been done before, on PC, better.

I saw sports games that have been done before, on other consoles, better.

I saw an FPS that's been done before, on PC, better.

I saw a laughable music game that's been done before, on the PS2, better.

If I want to play bad games with a shitty controller, I'll buy a Virtual Boy.

Anakha
my standards skyrocket when im on my keyboard heh
posted 09-05-2006 04:20:58 PM
I like it because i don't have 600 dollars to drop on a new console that i have yet to see any real gameplay footage of. And the reason i really want the Wii is because it seems a bit more open to multiplayer(I'm looking at you Ken Kutagari, and your 2 controller port PS2), and because i want to play the new Smash Brothers.
"Buzz Beer, the beer of attainable women!"
"You try balancing a cow on the end of a fencepost to wield it like a club. Thats a physical damn challenge!"
"The only problem i have is too much aggro."
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 09-05-2006 04:33:02 PM
quote:
How.... Blindy..... uughhhhhh:
Yes, I realize they shamelessly ripped off nintendo for a feature that will rarely see any usage, since 95% of their content will be xbox360 games on a different media.

You do realize that Sony had developed the technology several years ago right? You do realize that their implimentation is actually better then Nintendo's right? (Wii requires a reference strip placed on the TV, the PS3 does not)

It's still a gimmicky feature, but at least Sony didn't sell the farm for it.

Blindy.
posted 09-05-2006 04:42:46 PM
quote:
Bloodsage likes to scream this out during sex:
Then I'd have to say your console setup is inadequate. I find my console experience--100"+ HD screen, full 5.1 home theater setup pumping over 100W/chan into Klipsch speakers--much more immersive than my PC experience.

If your home theater doesn't out-perform your PC in sound and video quality. . .it's hardly the console's fault.

And it's hardly valid to argue the overwhelming superiority of a system you only like because you have very specific, hardly mainstream expectations for your console gaming.

Actually, it is, because consoles have 5 year lifespans and cease to have cutting edge graphics after about 4 months. That same home theater you use for your consoles would provide better graphics with a PC.

Blindy.
posted 09-05-2006 04:46:26 PM
quote:
This one time, at band camp, Naimah said:
You do realize that Sony had developed the technology several years ago right? You do realize that their implimentation is actually better then Nintendo's right? (Wii requires a reference strip placed on the TV, the PS3 does not)

It's still a gimmicky feature, but at least Sony didn't sell the farm for it.

No, it isn't. The technology in the Sony controller (a 3 axis accelerometer) is in both the remote and the nunchuck. The Wii takes it a step further and is actually capable of tracking where the face of your controller is pointing, like a light gun, while the ps3 can not. Yes, external sensors are required to do that. It's a trade off I'm OK with.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 09-05-2006 05:40:43 PM
This whole discussion is pretty silly

For me, the only innovation I'm seeing from Sony or Microsoft is in the hardware department. Sure, I'd love to have a PS3 and a Xbox 360. Hell, I know they'll both have awesome games available that I'm going to be missing out on. Arguably, though, I'd have to go purchase an HDTV to get the full experience. That hurts. I don't have that kind of money! I don't watch television or movies very often, so the purchase would only benefit me for my potential console purchases. Ouch.

The Wii, to me, represents a welcome change of pace. If it fails, then so be it. I think it looks fun, though.

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 09-05-2006 05:45:19 PM
Not like attaching this strip to the TV you plan to play alot of video games on is any more cumbersome than an actual console being placed somewhere within the cables range.
(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Talonus
Loner
posted 09-05-2006 05:47:49 PM
My system is better than your system.
Anakha
my standards skyrocket when im on my keyboard heh
posted 09-05-2006 05:55:14 PM
My system has a bigger dick than your system.
"Buzz Beer, the beer of attainable women!"
"You try balancing a cow on the end of a fencepost to wield it like a club. Thats a physical damn challenge!"
"The only problem i have is too much aggro."
Alaan
posted 09-05-2006 06:00:15 PM
quote:
Talonus had this to say about Tron:
My system is better than your system.

No mine.

But my thought is that precise control of the Wiimote was awkward and clunky. And when you're selling point is awkward, uh, you have problems.

Alaan fucked around with this message on 09-05-2006 at 06:00 PM.

Sean
posted 09-05-2006 06:00:57 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Kegwen said:
For me, the only innovation I'm seeing from Sony or Microsoft is in the hardware department. Sure, I'd love to have a PS3 and a Xbox 360. Hell, I know they'll both have awesome games available that I'm going to be missing out on. Arguably, though, I'd have to go purchase an HDTV to get the full experience. That hurts. I don't have that kind of money! I don't watch television or movies very often, so the purchase would only benefit me for my potential console purchases. Ouch.

I use a $30 VGA cable with my 360 to run 1280x1024 on my spare monitor.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 09-05-2006 06:04:33 PM
quote:
Sean had this to say about the Spice Girls:
I use a $30 VGA cable with my 360 to run 1280x1024 on my spare monitor.

Hey, that's not too bad. Might pick one up when they do a price drop. Playstation 3 is still pretty much not an option, though.

edit: Can it do 1680x1050 by chance? Heh

Kegwen fucked around with this message on 09-05-2006 at 06:07 PM.

Sean
posted 09-05-2006 06:06:45 PM
quote:
Kegwen had this to say about Captain Planet:
Hey, that's not too bad. Might pick one up when they do a price drop. Playstation 3 is still pretty much not an option, though.

It's rather sexy. If I weren't so lazy, I'd use the same monitor for my TV also, using PIP or some nonsense to easily keep tabs on both.

People seem to forget that the consumer is Law. Between modifications and third-party parts, you can make your consoles dance a jig while they serve martinis.

Skaw
posted 09-05-2006 06:34:35 PM
Black, these are camera recordings of him playing, not direct output. Ofcourse they're going to look like utter crap. Recording video in motion from an outside source drops quality drastically, since you have to deal with shitty room lighting getting in the way and all that.

Batallion Wars sucked anyway, I'm suprised it spawned a sequel.

Skaw fucked around with this message on 09-05-2006 at 06:37 PM.

Sean
posted 09-05-2006 06:54:02 PM
Black has not posted in this thread.

Skaw
posted 09-05-2006 07:00:44 PM
quote:
Sean was naked while typing this:
Black has not posted in this thread.

OKAY BLACKS CLONE SEAN THEN

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: