EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: hot crusade action
Willias
Pancake
posted 08-28-2006 05:48:05 PM
Burning Crusade Spells and Talents.

Only for Warriors, Warlocks, Mages, Shamans, Paladins, and Rogues at this time.

Quick links:

Warrior: Talents - Abilities
Warlock: Talents - Spells
Mage: Talents - Spells
Shaman: Talents - Spells
Paladin: Talents - Spells
Rogue: Talents - Abilities

Most of em look freakin' sweet, and I'm pretty impressed with what shamans are getting.

Willias
Pancake
posted 08-28-2006 05:58:40 PM
I'm thinking I'd probably go with this or lightning mage.
Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 08-28-2006 06:00:04 PM
I'm kinda bummed about Vitality, seeing as it was supposed to go in two patches ago, is now only 5% sta (as opposed to 10%, IIRC), and rogues get 4% sta for only two points.

Edit: I'm in love with devastate, imp shield, and imp zerker stance, though. And intervene, too.

Also, WTF Tactical Mastery is in prot now.

Tegadil fucked around with this message on 08-28-2006 at 06:02 PM.

Alaan
posted 08-28-2006 06:00:24 PM
Unstable Affliction is going to make decursing a dangerous occupation for those that don't pay attention.
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 08-28-2006 06:05:26 PM
Affliction makes me ten kinds of hot, but I'm not sure if BC will finally allow a DoT-heavy lock to be viable in end-raids. :/

Depends if the new spells (and the evil dispelled effects) are affected by all or a percentage of +dam. And if NPCs will attempt to dispel. D=

Willias
Pancake
posted 08-28-2006 06:13:40 PM
I want to know how powerful the Fel Guard and the Water Elemental are.

Sounds like mages get a fully functional pet, and I'd bet that Fel Guard will be the most powerful Warlock pet.

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 08-28-2006 06:39:17 PM
I want to know if the shaman elementals are any good or not

Also, look, they changed stormstrike, just noticed that, now you attack with BOTH of your weapons if you are dual wielding

Vorago fucked around with this message on 08-28-2006 at 06:40 PM.

Willias
Pancake
posted 08-28-2006 06:43:43 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Vorago said:

They have 20 minute cooldowns. I'm thinking they're going to be damn powerful.

Also, I wonder if something will be done to shamans to prevent them from buffing both of their weapons when dual wielding. Rockbiter or Flametongue on two weapons would be freaking awesome.

Willias fucked around with this message on 08-28-2006 at 06:46 PM.

Maradon!
posted 08-28-2006 06:50:24 PM
Warlocks are currently one of the few classes with 3 talent trees that are all totally viable in almost every situation, from PVP to raiding.

The BC talents are apparently designed to correct this by making heavy destruction builds hands-down superior to the other two trees.

Led
*kaboom*
posted 08-28-2006 07:08:41 PM
Oooh, those warrior changes actually look halfway decent. I am surprised ^-^ Tac mastery moved to a tier 1 skill, rampage in the fury tree, new heroic strike causing extra damage against dazed targets... awesome stuff
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 08-28-2006 07:13:19 PM
quote:
Led said this about your mom:
Oooh, those warrior changes actually look halfway decent. I am surprised ^-^ Tac mastery moved to a tier 1 skill, rampage in the fury tree, new heroic strike causing extra damage against dazed targets... awesome stuff

99% of warriors do not echo you. 41/20 is impossible as a DPS spec because TM is now in protection.

And all of three abilities daze targets; Peircing howl, the new T8 rogue talent, and a T2 warlock talent that nobody ever specs into.

Addy
posted 08-28-2006 07:13:45 PM
MUTILATE!!!!

I'm seriously gonna try an assassination build in the expansion I think, although I'll probably end up having to spec back to combat for raiding. But damn the assassination tree just looks so fun

Addy fucked around with this message on 08-28-2006 at 07:15 PM.

Led
*kaboom*
posted 08-28-2006 07:16:27 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
99% of warriors do not echo you. 41/20 is impossible as a DPS spec because TM is now in protection.

And all of three abilities daze targets; Peircing howl, the new T8 rogue talent, and a T2 warlock talent that nobody ever specs into.

Been a fury warrior since day 1, so I could not care less about what MS warriors think.
And I have piercing howl ;D Also, the new shield bash dazes.

Sean
posted 08-28-2006 07:16:28 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Addy!
MUTILATE!!!!

I'm seriously gonna try an assassination build in the expansion I think, although I'll probably end up having to spec back to combat for raiding. But damn the assassination tree just looks so fun

404ing for me.

How's it look?

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-28-2006 07:19:01 PM
Bull. Fucking. Shit.

Innervate goes to Druids as a class skill and the one skill we really need gets shifted into the most worthless tree? Bite my ass.

Led
*kaboom*
posted 08-28-2006 07:21:21 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Tron:
Bull. Fucking. Shit.

Innervate goes to Druids as a class skill and the one skill we really need gets shifted into the most worthless tree? Bite my ass.

Meh, I am just glad that it is so far down the most worthless tree. Gift horse 'n all that

Addy
posted 08-28-2006 07:22:11 PM
Mutilate is the 41 point assassination talent that basically replaces backstab. Instead of stabbing with one dagger you stab with 2, and you get 2 combo points. If the target is poisoned your chance of critting with it increases by 30%. No idea on damage value though =\

There's also a talent that increases your dmg on offensive abilities by 2/4/6/8/10% after using a finishing move (I think, working off of memory so numbers could be a bit off).

Although combat has a nice 41 point talent, Surprise Attacks, makes it so your sinister strikes/backstabs/gouges can't be dodged. Pretty sure it's passive.

Delphi Aegis
posted 08-28-2006 07:24:39 PM
quote:
Sean wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
404ing for me.

How's it look?

Disembowel looks neat. Does a fuckton of damage + more per application of Deadly Poison V on the target. And is AP scaled.

Led
*kaboom*
posted 08-28-2006 07:26:37 PM
Which server am I going to start another warrior on to get to burning crusade content now? Oh jeeze
Razor
posted 08-28-2006 07:27:20 PM
I am very happy with where they put vitality in the protection tree, I'm a prot warrior that can still deal some damage, and I'm VERY happy. The talent spread for MS may be weirded a bit, but it opens many more posibilities. And remember that Tat mastery is only for those that can't make up their mind on which stance their going to use....

My warriors spec will be like this: 5/5/41
web page

Razor fucked around with this message on 08-28-2006 at 07:28 PM.

Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Led
*kaboom*
posted 08-28-2006 07:29:25 PM
quote:
Razor stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
And remember that Tat mastery is only for those that can't make up their mind on which stance their going to use...

I used to think the same thing, until I actually had it. Now, charge + berserker stance, or switching to berserker stance to pummel a caster without dumping all my rage is the most awesome thing ever ;p

Mightion Defensor
posted 08-28-2006 07:30:52 PM
The paladin talents and spells make me feel tingly in a good way.
Razor
posted 08-28-2006 07:33:58 PM
quote:
Led had this to say about Optimus Prime:
I used to think the same thing, until I actually had it. Now, charge + berserker stance, or switching to berserker stance to pummel a caster without dumping all my rage is the most awesome thing ever ;p

This is why I wear resist gear into PvP. Also a good shield bash works nicely after a quick pop of bloodrage.

Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Willias
Pancake
posted 08-28-2006 07:45:08 PM
quote:
Tegadil's account was hax0red to write:
I'm in love with devastate

It has no cooldown.

Crazyness.

Willias
Pancake
posted 08-28-2006 07:54:28 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Maradon! wrote:
Warlocks are currently one of the few classes with 3 talent trees that are all totally viable in almost every situation, from PVP to raiding.

The BC talents are apparently designed to correct this by making heavy destruction builds hands-down superior to the other two trees.

What? Why? Just because of Soul Leech?

Because looking through the trees, Soul Leech is pretty awesome, but so is Lasting Afflictions, Unstable Affliction, and Contagion, and Demonology still looks damn good, with Fel Guard (which will likely be the best of the Warlock pets, I'm thinking Voidwalker tanking with Succubus damage), Master Demonologist (MD increases your damage by 10% with a Fel Guard out), and Demonic Tactics.

Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 08-28-2006 08:12:59 PM
Hey, looks like solo and PvP will actually be doable as Prot spec now! Good. I always liked the concept of the Prot tree -- the invulnerable, defensive powerhouse -- I just really fucking hated that you had to sacrifice a lot of damage potential to increase your survivability and Threat output. It made Prot totally useless in PvP; Threat doesn't work on players, and survivability means nothing when no one's hitting you because you're not a threat to them.

Now, between Shield Slam, Devastate, and Shield Bash -> HS, it looks like a Prot spec warrior can actually be dangerous enough in PvP to justify attacking. Intervene is just amazing, we should've had a skill like that from day one. Last but not least, Spell Reflection. Sure, it requires a shield, but hey...Frost nova? Warlock dots? Send that shit right back at them!

Plus, now we might be able to get rid of the problem of warriors having to cart around at least three sets of gear. If Prot becomes viable in PvP and grinding, then Blizz can orient our future tiered gear towards a general-purpose Prot warrior, able to tank and DPS effectively in the same set of gear.

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 08-28-2006 08:28:26 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis had this to say about (_|_):

It's not the impossibility of 41/20 Warriors are pissed about, it's actually the impossibility of 31/30.

In his second PvP vid, Pat showed us what a R14 warrior could do with Mortal Strike and Deathwish, which is to say, he slaughtered everything in sight. Now, imagine that...but with Imp Execute, Imp Intercept, and Flurry.

We can still go 31/25/5, though. All we miss out on is Flurry, and maybe Blood Frenzy. The new Arms talents blow lots of goats, especially Endless Rage with its 30 Rage cost and 5-minute CD, but Blood Frenzy looks pretty good for raiding Arms warriors.

Argh! fucked around with this message on 08-28-2006 at 08:29 PM.

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
--8-Bit Theater
Damnati
Filthy
posted 08-28-2006 10:14:11 PM
quote:
From the book of Vorago, chapter 3, verse 16:

Also, look, they changed stormstrike, just noticed that, now you attack with BOTH of your weapons if you are dual wielding

Edit: nvm

Damnati fucked around with this message on 08-28-2006 at 10:15 PM.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Willias
Pancake
posted 08-28-2006 10:19:52 PM
quote:
So quoth Argh!:
It's not the impossibility of 41/20 Warriors are pissed about, it's actually the impossibility of 31/30.

In his second PvP vid, Pat showed us what a R14 warrior could do with Mortal Strike and Deathwish, which is to say, he slaughtered everything in sight. Now, imagine that...but with Imp Execute, Imp Intercept, and Flurry.

We can still go 31/25/5, though. All we miss out on is Flurry, and maybe Blood Frenzy. The new Arms talents blow lots of goats, especially Endless Rage with its 30 Rage cost and 5-minute CD, but Blood Frenzy looks pretty good for raiding Arms warriors.

Endless Rage looks pretty good to me.

Ignoring global cooldowns, you could use it to spam Sunder Armor for quick aggro gain if someone pulls taunt off the MT, or use to increase DPS by spamming execute near the end of a fight.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 08-28-2006 10:35:46 PM
Those bitches...so much for my idea of dual wielding MS build. With Tactical Mastery moved to Protection, there aren't enough points left to put into Fury for Dual Wield Specialization. Still, I suppose it's not all bad, what with being able to spam Execute with Endless Rage and all. My build for a Draenei Warrior will probably look something like this.
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Led
*kaboom*
posted 08-28-2006 10:57:33 PM
DW spec is pointless unless you have some crazy-insane weapons. Even then there are better places to spend your points.
Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 08-29-2006 01:00:44 AM
quote:
Willias painfully thought these words up:

Ignoring global cooldowns, you could use it to spam Sunder Armor for quick aggro gain if someone pulls taunt off the MT, or use to increase DPS by spamming execute near the end of a fight.

For PvE, Endless Rage is pretty good, yeah. Arms, however, is our PvP tree, and Endless Rage is useless in PvP due to the five-minute cooldown. If I really want to deal tons of DPS in PvE, I'll spec and gear for DW Fury, and if I want to have an easy time getting aggro back when things go to shit, I'll go with a DPS/Prot hybrid or full Prot.

--8-Bit Theater
Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 08-29-2006 01:03:48 AM
quote:
Damnati had this to say about John Romero:
Those bitches...so much for my idea of dual wielding MS build. With Tactical Mastery moved to Protection, there aren't enough points left to put into Fury for Dual Wield Specialization. Still, I suppose it's not all bad, what with being able to spam Execute with Endless Rage and all. My build for a Draenei Warrior will probably look something like this.

Dual Wield MS is crap anyway. You need lots of weapon damage for MS to hit really hard, and weapon speed doesn't matter.

If you want to dual wield, go Fury and take Bloodthirst.

--8-Bit Theater
Willias
Pancake
posted 08-29-2006 01:04:17 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Argh! said this:
due to the five-minute cooldown

Guess you haven't played a rogue before.

I agree though, that specing your talents for something other than Endless Rage would probably be a better idea.

Sean
posted 08-29-2006 02:00:54 AM
quote:
Willias enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Guess you haven't played a rogue before.

Or a Mage.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 08-29-2006 02:05:45 AM
quote:
Argh! had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Dual Wield MS is crap anyway. You need lots of weapon damage for MS to hit really hard, and weapon speed doesn't matter.

If you want to dual wield, go Fury and take Bloodthirst.

I played a Warrior for the better part of 6 months and a lot of raiding; I'm pretty sure I know how the class works. Dual wield MS used to be crap but, with the advent of one handers that hit like an Arcanite Reaper, it's quite viable. I wouldn't want to give up MS.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 08-29-2006 02:14:01 AM
quote:
Willias had this to say about Captain Planet:

I got to thinking about that Execute spam idea; Endless Rage shouldn't make Execute spammable as it's rage cost isn't what prevents spamming. A Warrior should still burn off all their rage in the damage part of it; thus, it would increase the damage Execute can do but not make it spammable.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-29-2006 02:14:57 AM
It doesn't matter. I have a feeling these trees will be massively overhauled in the very near future.
Willias
Pancake
posted 08-29-2006 02:21:03 AM
quote:
Damnati probably says this to all the girls:
I played a Warrior for the better part of 6 months and a lot of raiding; I'm pretty sure I know how the class works. Dual wield MS used to be crap but, with the advent of one handers that hit like an Arcanite Reaper, it's quite viable. I wouldn't want to give up MS.

If there are one handers that hit like an Arcanite Reaper, there are two handers that hit far harder.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 08-29-2006 02:39:16 AM
quote:
This one time, at Willias camp:
If there are one handers that hit like an Arcanite Reaper, there are two handers that hit far harder.

Then they become an aggro liability. I used to get yelled in MC for snapping aggro with my crits with an Arcanite Reaper or Obsidian Edged Blade.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: