EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Play EVE? Good. Name here.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 05-30-2006 04:56:31 PM
Post your game names so you can come into the EverCrest room.

Playing with EC'ers in EVE has been rich and rewarding, not like other MMO's where we act like fags and argue and screw each other over for pointless shit. Plus you need people to ask about game things when you start, no way you'll learn it all yourself without getting your ass handed to you.

Not a corp, just a chat room.

Sean
posted 05-30-2006 05:00:49 PM
I fucked around for a few minutes and got bored to death by the tutorial then self-destructed and quit.
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 05-30-2006 05:02:10 PM
You already know me.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
nem-x
posted 05-30-2006 05:23:09 PM
Nem X

I've made it like 5 minutes into the tutorial.

Drysart
Pancake
posted 05-30-2006 05:30:28 PM
My character is Six Anari -- you can catch me hanging out in lower Syndicate with the goons.
Alberd
Pancake
posted 05-30-2006 06:55:33 PM
I'm still around on and off as Alberd Gareth if anyone cares.
To live by the sword is to die by the sword.
Honor those who honor thee, be merciful to those who show thee mercy.
To those who offend thee and thine, show no mercy.
Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 05-30-2006 11:24:14 PM
I'm still playing, though I haven't had time to log on for more than a few minutes at a time recently.

18 more days until HACs

Led
*kaboom*
posted 05-30-2006 11:25:56 PM
I have not had the desire to play EVE in a long while ;x

I just look at how long it will take to train my skills to a 'worthy' level, and get discourged

Sean
posted 05-30-2006 11:30:10 PM
Don't they train while you're offline?
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

BetaTested
posted 05-30-2006 11:31:29 PM
quote:
Sean had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Don't they train while you're offline?

Yes, yes they do.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Led
*kaboom*
posted 05-30-2006 11:49:58 PM
Read that the 'average' time to train to a 'competitive' level is something around a year.

I just do not want to pay for a skill trainer clicky game for a full year before I get to enjoy it ;x In planetside, I get to shoot people now! hehe

Drysart
Pancake
posted 05-31-2006 01:37:38 AM
quote:
Led came out of the closet to say:
Read that the 'average' time to train to a 'competitive' level is something around a year.

Nah, that's not entirely true. Assuming you start your character the right way, you can provide a very real service to a fleet operation on day one by being a tackler. Sure you're not going to be able to dish out the big damage until you've got a few million skillpoints, but all those heavy-damage T2 battleships in the fleet are useless if the enemy can just warp out because nobody has them warp scrambled and webbed.

Not to mention that in a frigate, you're pretty much invincible against anything larger than a cruiser because their guns can't track as fast as you can move.

BetaTested
posted 05-31-2006 01:42:27 AM
quote:
Drysart had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Nah, that's not entirely true. Assuming you start your character the right way, you can provide a very real service to a fleet operation on day one by being a tackler. Sure you're not going to be able to dish out the big damage until you've got a few million skillpoints, but all those heavy-damage T2 battleships in the fleet are useless if the enemy can just warp out because nobody has them warp scrambled and webbed.

Not to mention that in a frigate, you're pretty much invincible against anything larger than a cruiser because their guns can't track as fast as you can move.

So true, there is fun to be had even when you're new. People just don't want to take the time to see that or commit to doing it. It's much easier to say "but everyone is soo much better than me".

Not meant to be any kind of attack on you Led. But there is plenty you can do while still young in the game.

nem-x
posted 05-31-2006 01:48:55 AM
Led
*kaboom*
posted 05-31-2006 02:06:37 AM
Never really thought about that, those ECM and ECCM skills were pretty far up the tree I thought ;x

I always had the idea of being some crazy debuffer bish, but to tell you the truth I just lose interest a bit too quickly in EVE ;x

lol bunnies in space

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 05-31-2006 02:14:30 AM
quote:
Drysart had this to say about Jimmy Carter:

Tell me how to do this so I can play.

nem-x
posted 05-31-2006 02:27:15 AM
Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 05-31-2006 04:45:01 AM
YOTC

I hang out with The Shadow Alliance over in their 0.0 sector being a mineing bum. Go Go expensive as hell mineing ships.

Another newb note, Actualy join the recruitment and help chats. Ask away, the non-ass older players hang out there sometimes and are always glad to help out.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 05-31-2006 05:53:53 AM
quote:
Sean said:
I fucked around for a few minutes and got bored to death by the tutorial then self-destructed and quit.

Yeah, if you hate the tutorial you're going to pretty much hate the whole game. It's not for everyone.

Oh, yeah, I'm Kavol Valarius.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 05-31-2006 05:56:26 AM
What ship are you flying at the moment, Kavol, old chap?

Tarquinn fucked around with this message on 05-31-2006 at 05:56 AM.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Peter
Pancake
posted 05-31-2006 06:35:28 AM
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 05-31-2006 07:16:28 AM
quote:
Tarquinn said:
What ship are you flying at the moment, Kavol, old chap?

Missions in a destroyer. 7m SP and I'm still a n00b, because 5m of those are in learning skills.

Covetor when mining, or will be soon.

Peter
Pancake
posted 05-31-2006 08:24:31 AM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Missions in a destroyer. ....

Love my destroyer, half the time if I get a deadspace mission I have most of the targets taken out before 20km

Mod
Pancake
posted 05-31-2006 10:31:54 AM
quote:
Drysart obviously shouldn't have said:

A bunch of T2 light drones can utterly ruin your shit, but during large battles no one bothers to target frigates in order to use those anyway.

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
BetaTested
posted 05-31-2006 11:13:58 AM
quote:
Falaanla Marr had this to say about Matthew Broderick:

Grab frigate (Minmatar Rifter pwnz for this) put a microwarp drive, a stasis webifier and a 2 point warp scrambler on it. Fit appropriate guns to have an optimal range of less than 7500m because that's how close you need to be to use the Web and Scrambler. Put whatever in the lows(armor repper, which is somewhat pointless, you get hit you die, or nanofibers, or damage mods, whatever fits and you fancy like I said).

Get into fleet or gang with people that hit hard. Do what they want you to (generally sit on a gate, or go thru a gate first to see if there are hostiles or wait for some to come thru). When you see a target, make sure it's big (cruiser + sized) target it, orbit it at your optimal, use the MWD to get close, and then web/scramble, and fire at will.

It's really fun to do it actually. The Caldari Kestrel isn't so hot at it becuase it's fucking slow as shit. The Incursus for the Gallente isn't bad. Dunno what to use for the Amaar. A little fast frig with 3 medium slots is what you want

Happy hunting.

Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 05-31-2006 11:20:45 AM
quote:
BetaTested probably says this to all the girls:
Grab frigate (Minmatar Rifter pwnz for this) put a microwarp drive, a stasis webifier and a 2 point warp scrambler on it. Fit appropriate guns to have an optimal range of less than 7500m because that's how close you need to be to use the Web and Scrambler. Put whatever in the lows(armor repper, which is somewhat pointless, you get hit you die, or nanofibers, or damage mods, whatever fits and you fancy like I said).

Get into fleet or gang with people that hit hard. Do what they want you to (generally sit on a gate, or go thru a gate first to see if there are hostiles or wait for some to come thru). When you see a target, make sure it's big (cruiser + sized) target it, orbit it at your optimal, use the MWD to get close, and then web/scramble, and fire at will.

It's really fun to do it actually. The Caldari Kestrel isn't so hot at it becuase it's fucking slow as shit. The Incursus for the Gallente isn't bad. Dunno what to use for the Amaar. A little fast frig with 3 medium slots is what you want

Happy hunting.

Lets just say I'm galentee, and theres a reason I have Minimar frigs 3.
The slasher is like sex in a can for speed.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 05-31-2006 11:33:56 AM
quote:
Y.O.T.C said:
Lets just say I'm galentee, and theres a reason I have Minimar frigs 3.
The slasher is like sex in a can for speed.

As long as you carry plenty of duct tape, sure.

MadCat the 2nd
Pancake
posted 05-31-2006 11:34:32 AM
I'm still around.. somewhat.. took a break for a bit due to work issues.

I'm about to make my return to EVE though, again as Dale Cussler, and again I will be in Sgrandmadly once more. *eyes Drysart* .. goonfleet huh? This is so going to make my day

"Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that motherfucker upside the head."

ben(at)netmastering(dot)nl

Drysart
Pancake
posted 05-31-2006 12:03:24 PM
quote:
BetaTested came out of the closet to say:

The Kestrel is an annoying as fuck ship because it's got such tight fitting requirements. Unless you're quite definitely not a newbie character, you won't have enough engineering skills to be able to fill all of its high slots. There are so many cool things it'd be neat to do with the ship, but you just run out of grid and CPU before you can even get close.

But, it kicks ass in PvE (as do most Caldari missile boats), and you'll cut through low level missions with it with ease. Unfortunately, missiles kinda suck in PvP, enough that it's making me consider picking up another race's ships. I'm lucky to even get a single volley off with my Caracal most of the time before the target's been destroyed.

Drysart
Pancake
posted 05-31-2006 12:05:33 PM
quote:
Falaanla Marr came out of the closet to say:

Join Goonfleet, seriously. You get thrown into 0.0 space on your first day and get right into the fun part of the game without having to suffer out a boring life in empire space.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 05-31-2006 12:18:40 PM
quote:
Drysart had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Join Goonfleet, seriously. You get thrown into 0.0 space on your first day and get right into the fun part of the game without having to suffer out a boring life in empire space.

I might just have to do this soon. Though, the last time I tried to join Goonfleet, I got no email response

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 05-31-2006 at 12:19 PM.

Drysart
Pancake
posted 05-31-2006 12:23:06 PM
quote:
Falaanla Marr came out of the closet to say:
I might just have to do this soon. Though, the last time I tried to join Goonfleet, I got no email response

We're in the middle of a recruiting drive right now, it's the best time to join up too -- plenty of people available to answer questions and help out, and the local market's been flooded with all the skillbooks you'll need to learn basic skills.

http://www.goonfleet.com/viewforum.php?f=9

BetaTested
posted 05-31-2006 12:32:23 PM
quote:
Drysart had this to say about Captain Planet:

But, it kicks ass in PvE (as do most Caldari missile boats), and you'll cut through low level missions with it with ease. Unfortunately, missiles kinda suck in PvP, enough that it's making me consider picking up another race's ships. I'm lucky to even get a single volley off with my Caracal most of the time before the target's been destroyed.

Yeah, my raven rips through L4 missions with ease, but PVP wise it's hard to get damage onto the target before they fucking warp out or get blown to bits. We're currently fighting off the Red Alliance and the fuckers run at the drop of a hat, so it's really hard to get a hit in.

It's forced me basically to train up to use a Megathron. Good sniping ship, with good instant damage from long range. I'd have gone for a Tempest, but it was easiest to start training for Gallente because I had a few railgun skills already.

MadCat the 2nd
Pancake
posted 05-31-2006 12:49:13 PM
There we go .. account reactivated, EVE installed.. and coming to the conclusion that for some reason I have 20 thoraxes in storage. Omgzyay
"Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that motherfucker upside the head."

BetaTested
posted 05-31-2006 12:55:41 PM
quote:
MadCat the 2nd had this to say about Optimus Prime:
There we go .. account reactivated, EVE installed.. and coming to the conclusion that for some reason I have 20 thoraxes in storage. Omgzyay

Uhoh, that's dangerous. Thankfully you're way the hell away from me

MadCat the 2nd
Pancake
posted 05-31-2006 01:00:21 PM
quote:
This one time, at BetaTested camp:
Uhoh, that's dangerous. Thankfully you're way the hell away from me

Oh, I dunno... where are you?

I also came to the conclusion that besides 20 odd thoraxes, there's also a few mallers, and a shitload of T2 railguns and T2 ammo... and T2 drones.. and .. stuff I really can't remember getting.

Now I need a volunteer to test it on Anyone?

Drysart
Pancake
posted 05-31-2006 02:04:14 PM
Come on down to S-U8A4
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 05-31-2006 03:15:49 PM
Created Saetha. god this tutorial is long as shit.

Please tell me this boring as hell tutorial is in no way, shape or form indicative of the quality of the game. I'm still only halfway through it.

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 05-31-2006 at 07:08 PM.

nem-x
posted 05-31-2006 07:41:35 PM
Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 05-31-2006 08:42:43 PM
Sounds like a tempting game.... If I can ever find a few myself away from everything else for a few minutes....
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: