EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Play EVE? Good. Name here.
Ninok
31337 UBB hax0r
posted 06-02-2006 11:29:27 AM
quote:
Drysart had this to say about Tron:
You can earn more mining in an hour in S-U than you could in several days in empire space; and there are several alternatives to make money with instead. The amount of time you need to spend moneymaking compared to the amount of time you can go out and blow up enemies is miniscule.

I was never able to go to S-U space. The entire time I play the game I never ventured past 0.8 space because I either was in a crappy Corp, B) didn't know anyone out that far, C) Didn't have the firepower or ship to handle that type of space.

Lately I have heard nothing but bad from the game due to pirates just camping jump points and charging passing fees or get shot out of the sky. So I need some real fast training on the game really.

Old Skool Has returned from the Dead
BetaTested
Not gay, but loves the cock!
posted 06-02-2006 11:45:51 AM
quote:
Ninok got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
I was never able to go to S-U space. The entire time I play the game I never ventured past 0.8 space because I either was in a crappy Corp, B) didn't know anyone out that far, C) Didn't have the firepower or ship to handle that type of space.

Lately I have heard nothing but bad from the game due to pirates just camping jump points and charging passing fees or get shot out of the sky. So I need some real fast training on the game really.

You also have to realise that EvE has one of the most vocal communities and if they latch onto a specific idea that's all you will hear about for days on end.

There are plenty of ways to avoid getting ganked in lower sec space. And almost any ghetto newbie frig can handle down to .5 space with minimal skills. Well, outside of the one that you spawn with. It just might with better modules though.

I'd strongly encourage most of you guys to join up with Goonfleet because they'll end up taking care of you. I honestly wish I had something like that when I started the game, or I wouldn't have taken a 6 month break from it.

The real thing that keeps me coming back to EvE is my corp/alliance and the things they do. When we're in a tight spot I'll come back down to help them out, and it'll be good fun for the most part. Although lengthy fleet ops can get pretty boring, specially when the enemy always wants to fucking hide.

But there are plenty of tools for a young pod piolet to take advantage of so they can reap the benifits of other's learned experiance. There are more than just 2 ways into 0.0 space. Although they'll end up taking longer, and USE THE MAP to find blobs that indicate gate camping. Use a little fast frig and your chances of making it in greatly increase.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Ninok
31337 UBB hax0r
posted 06-02-2006 11:50:33 AM
Are you guys online right now? or in a MIRC somewhere?
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 06-02-2006 12:48:21 PM
quote:
BetaTested said:
Use a little fast frig and your chances of making it in greatly increase.

Doing it in shuttles can be fun, they have an almost non-existant sig radius and warp extremely quickly.

Ninok
31337 UBB hax0r
posted 06-02-2006 12:52:43 PM
Well it seems I'm on my way to joining goonfleet!!

So I'll see if this helps.

MadCat the 2nd
Pancake
posted 06-02-2006 06:20:03 PM
quote:
Drysart obviously shouldn't have said:
You can earn more mining in an hour in S-U than you could in several days in empire space; and there are several alternatives to make money with instead. The amount of time you need to spend moneymaking compared to the amount of time you can go out and blow up enemies is miniscule.

Yeah, but let's not forget that the average noob won't head into 0.0 to mine on their first day

And if they do, and they're not smart enough to bring protection, their ass will be so much space dust in no time.

"Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that motherfucker upside the head."

ben(at)netmastering(dot)nl

Peter
Pancake
posted 06-02-2006 07:17:27 PM
What do all the sceince skills relate to? I mean what does reaserching stuff net you?
BetaTested
posted 06-02-2006 11:13:43 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Peter stammered:
What do all the sceince skills relate to? I mean what does reaserching stuff net you?

That's a more complicated and outdated part of the game. Science skills (For the most part) are required to use research agents, which in turn give you research points to put you into a lottery for a tech 2 blueprint drawing. You also need certain science skills to be able to produce tech 2 items with said blueprints.

There are some other uses for science skills, but they're much more for carebear production orientated characters.

Got Xfire? Join me in the crusade to knock WoW from it's lofty #1 most played Xfire game with Solitare!
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 06-04-2006 12:04:55 PM
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 06-04-2006 02:59:23 PM
I really don't suggest you slowboat in a shuttle to get around 0.0 sec.

Edit: Infact, don't slowboat anymore in 0.0 unless you're really fast, like, 600m/s+

Liam fucked around with this message on 06-04-2006 at 04:59 PM.

nem-x
posted 06-04-2006 05:54:11 PM
Please give me a few million isk thanks
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 06-04-2006 09:59:49 PM
quote:
nem-x has funnier quote texts than me:

you give me isk

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 06-04-2006 10:03:27 PM
quote:
nem-x said:
Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 06-05-2006 07:56:45 AM
Ok... Add this one to the pile of MMOs I'm subscribed to...

Now to figure out WTF I'm supposed to be doing...

Ninok
31337 UBB hax0r
posted 06-05-2006 11:26:15 AM
quote:
Cavalier- thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Ok... Add this one to the pile of MMOs I'm subscribed to...

Now to figure out WTF I'm supposed to be doing...

This is by far the best reason to as why people quit. I did. But now I have some help and a new lease on life!!!

Led
*kaboom*
posted 06-05-2006 09:45:17 PM
ADD... tempting...

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I just finally got (another!) warrior in WOW up to the 40s. I cannot stop now! I might actually make 60!

Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 06-06-2006 07:14:58 AM
quote:
Ninok wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
This is by far the best reason to as why people quit. I did. But now I have some help and a new lease on life!!!

The tutorial helps out BIG time. Eve MON is also a pretty handy little thing to toy around with during server downtime I've noticed.

Now I just have to get the ISK to get the skills that I've been looking at...

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 06-06-2006 09:48:59 AM
The Liam bank is still accepting your ISK by the way! Anyways, I've been trying to decide on what I'm finally going to end up doing in this game. So far, tackling's been all sorts of fun (You get to fly and ram into enemy ships while praying you get some points on them so they cant warp away and the fleet smashes them to pieces.)

Sniping would be fun, but I'm thinking that I'm too lazy to map out 100000000 safe spots and sniping spots in various systems just to pod newbie frigates.

The other choice is battleship (I like the armageddon) or a Zealot someday. The Zealot would be cool

Edit: I forgot to mention that Interceptors would be cool to fly as well. Man.

Liam fucked around with this message on 06-06-2006 at 09:49 AM.

Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 06-06-2006 10:27:02 AM
quote:
We were all impressed when Liam wrote:
The Liam bank is still accepting your ISK by the way! Anyways, I've been trying to decide on what I'm finally going to end up doing in this game. So far, tackling's been all sorts of fun (You get to fly and ram into enemy ships while praying you get some points on them so they cant warp away and the fleet smashes them to pieces.)

Sniping would be fun, but I'm thinking that I'm too lazy to map out 100000000 safe spots and sniping spots in various systems just to pod newbie frigates.

The other choice is battleship (I like the armageddon) or a Zealot someday. The Zealot would be cool

Edit: I forgot to mention that Interceptors would be cool to fly as well. Man.

If you fly an interceptor you're most likely gonna end up tackling most of the time anyway.

Ryuujin
posted 06-07-2006 01:12:54 AM
Kaius Akecheta

Right now I'm training basic skills like it says in the GoonFleet guide, but I'm trying to save up for a Rifter, so if someone could send me a few thousand ISK...

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 06-07-2006 07:51:34 AM
quote:
Ryuujin said:
so if someone could send me a few thousand ISK...

Few thousand is no problem, I'll send that to you later today.

Saving up 120 million a pop for +4 implants at the moment. Ow.

Ryuujin
posted 06-07-2006 08:09:54 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Mortious wrote:
Few thousand is no problem, I'll send that to you later today.

Saving up 120 million a pop for +4 implants at the moment. Ow.

Might want to hold off...I can't decide if I want to reroll as a Gallente...

BetaTested
posted 06-07-2006 09:59:54 AM
quote:
Ryuujin had this to say about pies:
Might want to hold off...I can't decide if I want to reroll as a Gallente...

Minmatar pwn. And as long as your stats are good, don't bother re rolling, because you can learn the skills of other races.

At the moment my main can fly both Caldari BS and Gallente BS(thusly frigs and cruisers of both races as well) and I'll be learning Minmatar Frigs at some point as well, because the Rifter is pwnz.

Peter
Pancake
posted 06-07-2006 11:17:21 AM
'Splain this tackle frigate concept.

Also is it worth it to train up Assault ships?

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 06-07-2006 02:48:15 PM
quote:
Peter got a whole lot of nerve:
'Splain this tackle frigate concept.

Also is it worth it to train up Assault ships?

Very fast ship with Warp Scramblers. You can get 2 points of warp scrambling on an enemy very quickly so that they can't warp. I also tend to ram my ship into BS's so that they can't align as quickly for warp while tackling them.

pew pew pew

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 06-07-2006 05:57:02 PM
How does throwing a very small ship into a very large ship have any favorable outcomes for the small ship?
Mod
Pancake
posted 06-07-2006 06:03:35 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Naimah said:
How does throwing a very small ship into a very large ship have any favorable outcomes for the small ship?

Collision does no damage but does spin both ships around a bit, to leave combat you need to be facing a distant object pretty much perfectly and big ships turn very slowly. If you ram a battleship in your frigate, you can instantly turn around, but the battleship will be stuck for a few critical seconds trying to find and turn to something something to warp towards.

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Ryuujin
posted 06-09-2006 11:00:27 PM
Okay I've been playing for about 4 or 5 days now as a Gallente and I've been having fun with it, but this missions the agents keep giving me seem so plain. I've been told that I should be looking to armor-tank with my Gallente craft, so I fitted her with a few 50mm armor plates, but I swear drones can't even penetrate my shields with just the civilian shield booster on, however if I leave it off it tears up my armor pretty fast.

So what else is there to do besides these lonely missions? I haven't seen any sign of co-op yet. If I wanted to fly around by myself and do missions I'd go play Freelancer.

BetaTested
posted 06-11-2006 10:42:14 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Ryuujin said:
Okay I've been playing for about 4 or 5 days now as a Gallente and I've been having fun with it, but this missions the agents keep giving me seem so plain. I've been told that I should be looking to armor-tank with my Gallente craft, so I fitted her with a few 50mm armor plates, but I swear drones can't even penetrate my shields with just the civilian shield booster on, however if I leave it off it tears up my armor pretty fast.

So what else is there to do besides these lonely missions? I haven't seen any sign of co-op yet. If I wanted to fly around by myself and do missions I'd go play Freelancer.

Like I was saying duder, if you want to do anything with other players you have to join a player corperation that actually does something. Apply to Goonfleet, or find a good corperation from the official recruitment board.

If you don't find a good group of people to hang out with, talk with, and do stuff with, this game sucks pretty hardcore.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: