EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Warriors love Tseric :p
Led
*kaboom*
posted 04-04-2006 02:42:43 PM
Tserics official response to the Unbridled Wrath bug:
(FYI, Unbridled Wrath is a warrior talent that has a 40% chance to give 1 additional rage every time you do damage to a target)

Yanno, usually when something to do with a class is completely broken, they fix it... not after Tseric came along!

Tseric can go !#%^ himself. He should go back to stroking his favorite class and just stay the heck out of the warrior forums, because he obviously has no clue

Maradon!
posted 04-04-2006 02:45:38 PM
I feel like I'm missing something here
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 04-04-2006 02:48:04 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Maradon! stammered:
I feel like I'm missing something here

Warriors have a talent that currently does nothing. It isn't going to be fixed in a 1.10.x patch by what Tseric said. Warriors go into berserker stance.

Maradon!
posted 04-04-2006 02:49:39 PM
Aaahh, ok.

And this is the fault of the CSR...?

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 04-04-2006 02:51:43 PM
quote:
Maradon! stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
Aaahh, ok.

And this is the fault of the CSR...?

Shooting the messanger?

Led
*kaboom*
posted 04-04-2006 02:58:22 PM
The messenger that really has no clue what the class is about, posts increidbly retarded statements in the warrior forum, then turns around and goes back to the mage forum and says "YAH GUYS OMG YOU NEED MORE UBERNESS~ I WILL SEE WHAT I KAN DEW!@$"

But I am not bitter

He is not ever going to live down the 'Popping enrage' thing hehe

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 04-04-2006 03:01:15 PM
quote:
Led Model 2000 was programmed to say:
The messenger that really has no clue what the class is about, posts increidbly retarded statements in the warrior forum, then turns around and goes back to the mage forum and says "YAH GUYS OMG YOU NEED MORE UBERNESS~ I WILL SEE WHAT I KAN DEW!@$"

But I am not bitter

He is not ever going to live down the 'Popping enrage' thing hehe

Mages hate him as well. He has stated on multiple occasions 'learn to play' to mages posting complaints.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 04-04-2006 03:11:53 PM
The legend of Whineplay lives on. Just without luminaries like Classic Snoota.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Maradon!
posted 04-04-2006 03:15:12 PM
Why is it that I do get extra rage from unbridled wrath?

It even shows up in my combat log...

Sean
posted 04-04-2006 03:20:23 PM
quote:
Led said this about your mom:
and goes back to the mage forum and says "YAH GUYS OMG YOU NEED MORE UBERNESS~ I WILL SEE WHAT I KAN DEW!@$"

hahaahhahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I fucking wish. Tseric doesn't know a damn thing about Mages and must get ganked a lot by ToEP/ZHC/AP Pyro builds, because he fucking hates us in PVP.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Led
*kaboom*
posted 04-04-2006 03:35:57 PM
quote:
Maradon! stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
Why is it that I do get extra rage from unbridled wrath?

It even shows up in my combat log...

Wait what?

Every warrior I know is complaining of this... why are you different? o.O

*thinks*

And Sean:

Really? Common knowledge in the warrior forum is that Tseric is a mage... but then again, I doubt most of us actually read the mage forums. I surely never wander into foreign territory ;D hehe

Maradon!
posted 04-04-2006 03:41:56 PM
SCT gives me a "+1 rage" heads up periodically.

I haven't actually watched my rage meter to see if it goes up, but if it's in SCT it has to be in the combat log right?

Sean
posted 04-04-2006 03:42:09 PM
If he does, then he's a tremendous self-loather. But he could just be absolutely shitty at his class and play on some horribly carebear server where he doesn't face any of the problems that 80% of the rest of the players face.

Maradon!
posted 04-04-2006 03:43:43 PM
Demon armor has been bugged since release - it only adds 6hp/tick regen and it's supposed to add 15. The fact that it adds 15hp/tick regen was even cited by a CM as the reason for it's staggering mana cost.

We can't even get a CM to acknowledge the bug.

So clearly warlocks are worse off than everybody.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 04-04-2006 at 03:44 PM.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 04-04-2006 03:47:48 PM
quote:
Maradon! attempted to be funny by writing:
Demon armor has been bugged since release - it only adds 6hp/tick regen and it's supposed to add 15. The fact that it adds 15hp/tick regen was even cited by a CM as the reason for it's staggering mana cost.

We can't even get a CM to acknowledge the bug.

So clearly warlocks are worse off than everybody.

Deathcoil.

Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 04-04-2006 03:48:18 PM
quote:
Maradon!'s fortune cookie read:
SCT gives me a "+1 rage" heads up periodically.

I haven't actually watched my rage meter to see if it goes up, but if it's in SCT it has to be in the combat log right?

How periodically? Also, do you have Anger Management?

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Maradon!
posted 04-04-2006 03:48:34 PM
quote:
Naimahing:
Deathcoil.

Deathcoil is bugged?

Maradon!
posted 04-04-2006 03:49:31 PM
quote:
x--RuvyenO-('-'Q) :
How periodically? Also, do you have Anger Management?

About every 4th hit or so. Yes, I have anger management, but I don't see how that would account for an extra 1 rage every once in a while.

Sean
posted 04-04-2006 03:50:51 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Duck Tales:
Deathcoil is bugged?

Most people cite Death Coil as the PVP balancing factor of Warlocks. Like ZHC/ToEP used to be for Mages.

Both of these need to be fixed, because it's kinda retarded to reduce every class to a single skill or trinket combination for PVP efficiency.

Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 04-04-2006 03:52:24 PM
quote:
Maradon! spewed forth this undeniable truth:
About every 4th hit or so. Yes, I have anger management, but I don't see how that would account for an extra 1 rage every once in a while.

IIRC, Anger Management is bugged. It's supposed to reduce your out-of-combat rage decay by 30%. Unless Blizz ninja-fixed it and I was never informed, all it really does is give you one rage every few seconds or so. Problem is, it does this in combat, where it isn't supposed to.

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
--8-Bit Theater
Maradon!
posted 04-04-2006 03:55:22 PM
quote:
x--SeanO-('-'Q) :
Most people cite Death Coil as the PVP balancing factor of Warlocks. Like ZHC/ToEP used to be for Mages.

So, Naimah's contention is that, because warlocks were finally given an ability that made them AS GOOD AS every other class in PVP (IF we farm shards, that is) after months and months of being a gimp class, that we can't complain about any other bugs with the class?

I guess that makes sense, in a "doesn't-make-any-sense" kinda way.

quote:
Both of these need to be fixed, because it's kinda retarded to reduce every class to a single skill or trinket combination for PVP efficiency.

Hey wow, a 3 second fear will let me 2-shot warriors? Haha, I had no idea! Cos all the warriors I fight have been waiting it out, berserking, intercepting me, and killing me very rapidly. I wish I'd known this before!

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 04-04-2006 at 03:56 PM.

Legonaire
Pancake
posted 04-04-2006 03:58:25 PM
Was it me or was there something in the patch notes to the effect that a rogue in stealth who casts distract on a mob with a damage shield on it is not supposed to break stealth, well someone tell that to all the dust stormers in Silithus to quit knocking me out of stealth with their lightning shield
If animals weren't supposed to be eaten, then why are they made out of meat ??
Sean
posted 04-04-2006 04:13:19 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Hey wow, a 3 second fear will let me 2-shot warriors? Haha, I had no idea! Cos all the warriors I fight have been waiting it out, berserking, intercepting me, and killing me very rapidly. I wish I'd known this before!

Warriors are a whole different bag of Blizzard favoritism.

But if you can't beat absolutely any other class 1v1 as a Warlock, you're pretty shitty.

Sean fucked around with this message on 04-04-2006 at 04:13 PM.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-04-2006 04:31:44 PM
quote:
Naimah startled the peaceful upland Gorillas by blurting:
Warriors have a talent that currently does nothing. It isn't going to be fixed in a 1.10.x patch by what Tseric said. Warriors go into berserker stance.

Actually, by what was posted above, he did say it was going in a 1.10.x patch. He was just up front about the fact that things like that are subject to change.

He may be an idiot, but nothing in the exchange Led posted proves it.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 04-04-2006 04:51:26 PM
Reading the warrior forums, this is apparently more than just a bug with UW. According to some of the posters, Shield Spec is also no longer generating rage on a block (ouch), and one also mentioned Flurry not being triggered by Windfury crits.
--8-Bit Theater
Mightion Defensor
posted 04-04-2006 06:39:45 PM
I actually got a Blue response in a thread I posted about "Fiery Weapons breaking procs" bug that was introduced in 1.10.

For those of you that waggle your fingers, now, when a Fiery weapon procs, it will not allow any other procs to go off on that swing - Seal of Command, Vengeance, Seal of Righteousness, etc... if one of those procs before Fiery, they still work.

Maradon!
posted 04-04-2006 06:44:13 PM
quote:
x--Mightion DefensorO-('-'Q) :
For those of you that waggle your fingers, now, when a Fiery weapon procs, it will not allow any other procs to go off on that swing - Seal of Command, Vengeance, Seal of Righteousness, etc... if one of those procs before Fiery, they still work.

Why are you using such a shitty enchant at 60 anyway? Melt a couple greens and get yourself a +7 dmg at least.

Led
*kaboom*
posted 04-04-2006 07:23:45 PM
quote:
Bloodsage's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Actually, by what was posted above, he did say it was going in a 1.10.x patch. He was just up front about the fact that things like that are subject to change.

He may be an idiot, but nothing in the exchange Led posted proves it.

You are correct, nothing I posted really proves it. I just tend to get kind of emotional about stuff like that ;P

"Yeah, we know your crap is broken, but we are going to take our sweet time fixing it. But hey, nevermind the fact that when we accidentally gave yall one extra talent point we fixed it in a day!"

*shrug*

Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 04-04-2006 07:27:19 PM
Fiery is LOVE on a dagger rogue at 18 tho.. omg.
Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
Maradon!
posted 04-04-2006 07:31:30 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Kaiote who doth quote:
Fiery is LOVE on a dagger rogue at 18 tho.. omg.

There's never a case where firey is better than 7 dmg.

Firey has an un-modifiable 10% proc rate.

So 10 hits with firey amounts to 40 damage.
10 hits with +7dmg amounts to 70 damage - more if you have instant attacks.

Moreover, 7dmg is reliable and firey isn't.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 04-04-2006 at 07:32 PM.

Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 04-04-2006 07:34:13 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Maradon!:
There's never a case where firey is better than 7 dmg.

Firey has an un-modifiable 10% proc rate.

So 10 hits with firey amounts to 40 damage.
10 hits with +7dmg amounts to 70 damage - more if you have instant attacks.

Moreover, 7dmg is reliable and firey isn't.

You sure about that 10%? Seems a lot faster to me.

BUT anyway.. you are correct that +7dam is better. But it doesnt LOOK as spiff

Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
Mightion Defensor
posted 04-04-2006 07:36:15 PM
quote:
Maradon! wrote:
Why are you using such a shitty enchant at 60 anyway? Melt a couple greens and get yourself a +7 dmg at least.

Personal preference, mainly. In raids, I don't use a Fiery proc weapon - I use my shield and hardened warhammer for a nice balance of armor, stamina, and intellect, plus the +11 healing on the shield.

Besides, my Blackhand Doomsaw looks cool with Fiery. I put Fiery on my Hammer of the Grand Crusader to make it look less lame - it only comes out when I'm in all-out healing mode.

I probably won't get fiery put on any more weapons though... four so far is enough.

Maradon!
posted 04-04-2006 07:43:19 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Kaiote booooze lime pole over bench lick:
You sure about that 10%? Seems a lot faster to me.

positive. tested it myself, had it corroborated by other people in my guild. It does seem like more, but only because you only notice it when you get 3 or 4 in a row, and all the swings in between tend to blur together.

Naj
I asked for a title and didn't get banned!
posted 04-04-2006 07:58:36 PM
Anger Management gives you 1 rage a tick in combat as previously stated (You'll get 24 rage when using Bloodrage for example) It was supposed to be fixed in 1.10 but it's still bugged and it's probably where Maradon is getting the 1 rage ticks in SCT from.

My guild did a full BWL run last night and UW didn't proc a single time. =\ Respecced back to Imp. Demo Shout

Maradon!
posted 04-04-2006 08:00:55 PM
I don't get how an ability can be bugged to do something completely and totally different from it's stated function.

That'd be like... fearing somebody, but instead of causing them to run it debuffs their agility by 32. AND THAT'S A BUG!?

Naj
I asked for a title and didn't get banned!
posted 04-04-2006 08:24:22 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Punky Brewster:
I don't get how an ability can be bugged to do something completely and totally different from it's stated function.

That'd be like... fearing somebody, but instead of causing them to run it debuffs their agility by 32. AND THAT'S A BUG!?

Well..

Without Anger Management, you lose (on average) 3 rage a tick out of combat.

With Anger Management, you lose (on average) 2 rage a tick out of combat.

My guess would be that they coded the talent in a way that it gives you 1 rage a tick out of combat to slow the rage decay down, and the bug is that the 1 rage per tick out of combat is bugged and isn't turning off once you go in combat.

Naj fucked around with this message on 04-04-2006 at 08:24 PM.

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 04-04-2006 09:00:56 PM
quote:
Led had this to say about John Romero:
You are correct, nothing I posted really proves it. I just tend to get kind of emotional about stuff like that ;P

"Yeah, we know your crap is broken, but we are going to take our sweet time fixing it. But hey, nevermind the fact that when we accidentally gave yall one extra talent point we fixed it in a day!"

*shrug*

Extra talent points are potentially game breaking. Yeah it was only one talent point, but the trees are balanced with a particular number of points in mind.

This bug is just annoying and easily avoided.

And it amuses me to no end that Warriors whine about their class.

Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 04-04-2006 09:23:31 PM
quote:
Snoota wrote this stupid crap:
Extra talent points are potentially game breaking. Yeah it was only one talent point, but the trees are balanced with a particular number of points in mind.

This bug is just annoying and easily avoided.

And it amuses me to no end that Warriors whine about their class.

The only people whining about warriors are the ones who don't know how2play.

--8-Bit Theater
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 04-04-2006 09:46:23 PM
quote:
Ruvyen had this to say about Robocop:
The only people whining about warriors are the ones who don't know how2play.

And the ones who happend to duel an AP/Trinket mage.

Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 04-04-2006 10:42:39 PM
quote:
Naimah had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
And the ones who happend to duel an AP/Trinket mage.

. . .That's a reason to whine about mages, not warriors.

--8-Bit Theater
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: