EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I feel like chicken tonight!
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 01-03-2006 07:41:12 PM
If these are actual shots of Kingdom of Sky, somebody slipped the aviaks some steroids

http://www.pcgames.de/?menu=browser&article_id=439541&image_id=485600

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Mr. Parcelan
posted 01-03-2006 07:42:34 PM
SOE sucks.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-03-2006 08:07:11 PM
Thanks for your contribution, Mort

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 01-03-2006 08:08:13 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about dark elf butts:
SOE sucks.
tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 01-03-2006 08:17:37 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan probably says this to all the girls:
SOE sucks.
There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
Talonus
Loner
posted 01-03-2006 08:43:17 PM
Soooo, they're adding PvP with the expansion right? PvP combined with floating islands. Yeah. That will go well.

quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Optimus Prime:
SOE sucks.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-03-2006 08:47:09 PM
They're adding the PvP servers, yeah.

Suddar
posted 01-03-2006 09:44:27 PM
I'm sorry, but SOE sucks. Maybe we hate them for a reason.
Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 01-03-2006 11:48:42 PM
quote:
Talonus stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
Soooo, they're adding PvP with the expansion right? PvP combined with floating islands. Yeah. That will go well.

They had floating islands and PvP in EQ1 too.

I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-04-2006 12:05:24 AM
quote:
This one time, at Suddar camp:
I'm sorry, but SOE sucks. Maybe we hate them for a reason.

I think the people who say WoW has more immature players is right.

The EQII players on this board don't find it necessary to troll WoW posts about how Blizzard sucks.

Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 01-04-2006 12:07:56 AM
So why am I being redirected to microsoft.com?
Dave
)_(
posted 01-04-2006 12:46:07 AM
Fixed link There is an extra http:// in the link above.

So what brought them to do the plane of air/sky again? I thought they tried to get away from the differnt plane stuffs when the gods left.

Dave fucked around with this message on 01-04-2006 at 12:46 AM.

Malbi
posted 01-04-2006 01:02:39 AM
quote:
Dave had this to say about Duck Tales:
Fixed link There is an extra http:// in the link above.

So what brought them to do the plane of air/sky again? I thought they tried to get away from the differnt plane stuffs when the gods left.

from the looks of it the sky part is in referance to the abundance of flying beasts, aviaks, dragons and such and the floating islands, not related to Plane of Sky. I think that idea was a purposeful red herring. Kunark and Fawdwer are the hot picks for the origin on the isles.

I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
Willias
Pancake
posted 01-04-2006 01:10:15 AM
quote:
Malbi had this to say about Pirotess:
from the looks of it the sky part is in referance to the abundance of flying beasts, aviaks, dragons and such and the floating islands, not related to Plane of Sky. I think that idea was a purposeful red herring. Kunark and Fawdwer are the hot picks for the origin on the isles.

If you look at the pictures, they look like the remnants of the Plane of Sky.

Oh, and a couple other pictures can be found here: Pow.

Willias fucked around with this message on 01-04-2006 at 01:11 AM.

Dave
)_(
posted 01-04-2006 01:23:39 AM
Yea it defently looks like the plane of sky (orginal eq) with a bunch of plane of air (pop) elements.
Maradon!
posted 01-04-2006 02:00:49 AM
So if I wanted to buy EQ2 today and get every single expansion or "adventure pak" or whatever the hell, how many things would I be looking at buying?
Willias
Pancake
posted 01-04-2006 02:07:24 AM
quote:
From the book of Maradon!, chapter 3, verse 16:
So if I wanted to buy EQ2 today and get every single expansion or "adventure pak" or whatever the hell, how many things would I be looking at buying?

4 things.

-The original game, which is $20.

-First expansion pack, Desert of Flames. $30. Though you won't need it until you're 40+, since it's only high level content.

-Adventure pack 1, The Bloodline Chronicles, $4.99 and downloaded from Sony. Can't use it until 30-ish, and I think it's mostly group content.

-Adventure pack 2, Splitpaw Saga, is $7.99, downloaded from Sony. Can't use it until level 20, though I think everything in it is instanced and the mobs in the instances are aimed at your character/group's current level.

Edits: Corrected some info, made post look more orderly.

Also, I only have the original game, and don't have any plans to get DoF until I get close to 40 on one character. I have no interest in the adventure packs at all.

Willias fucked around with this message on 01-04-2006 at 02:16 AM.

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 01-04-2006 05:06:46 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Willias wrote:
4 things.

-The original game, which is $20.

-First expansion pack, Desert of Flames. $30. Though you won't need it until you're 40+, since it's only high level content.

-Adventure pack 1, The Bloodline Chronicles, $4.99 and downloaded from Sony. Can't use it until 30-ish, and I think it's mostly group content.

-Adventure pack 2, Splitpaw Saga, is $7.99, downloaded from Sony. Can't use it until level 20, though I think everything in it is instanced and the mobs in the instances are aimed at your character/group's current level.

Edits: Corrected some info, made post look more orderly.

Also, I only have the original game, and don't have any plans to get DoF until I get close to 40 on one character. I have no interest in the adventure packs at all.

They are charging for Regular Content Additions?

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Peter
Pancake
posted 01-04-2006 05:58:38 AM
If you hav e station pass the Adventure packs are included.
Willias
Pancake
posted 01-04-2006 11:30:30 AM
quote:
Faelynn LeAndris Model 2000 was programmed to say:
They are charging for Regular Content Additions?

Somewhat. The adventure pack stuff has nothing to do with the rest of the game world and could be seen as mini expansions (Think Legacy of Ykesha in terms of size). It's completely optional content.

They still update and add quests and instanced areas and such to the normal game world.

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 01-04-2006 01:29:34 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael had this to say about dark elf butts:
I think the people who say WoW has more immature players is right.

The EQII players on this board don't find it necessary to troll WoW posts about how Blizzard sucks.

Honestly, after looking at how badly they fucked up SWG and Planetside, how can you still have faith in them?

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 01-04-2006 01:38:51 PM
quote:
Khyron's account was hax0red to write:
Honestly, after looking at how badly they fucked up SWG and Planetside, how can you still have faith in them?

Well... I have read two rather good reviews of the new SWG. It seems to be quite good, IF you haven't played it before (and can ignore it's many bugs).

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Cobalt Katze
Pancake
posted 01-04-2006 02:01:38 PM
Well, this is the official word on it all:

quote:
SAN DIEGO, CA – January 4, 2006 – Sony Online Entertainment Inc. (SOE), a global leader in the online games industry, today announced that the second expansion for EverQuest® II, entitled Kingdom of Sky™, is schedule to be available at retail and for download on Feb. 21. The retail SKU of Kingdom of Sky a recommended price of $29.99 and will contain the full version of the base EverQuest II game, the new expansion and a special in-game item. The digital version will contain the new expansion for $26.99.

“Kingdom of Sky offers something for all of our EverQuest II players,” said Laura Naviaux, senior brand marketing manager, Sony Online Entertainment. “For the seasoned EQII player, Kingdom of Sky increases the amount of high level content in a world filled with intrigue and the potential destruction of Norrath by the evil dragon lords. The second expansion pack brings the excitement of dragon battles and is timed to coincide with the newly-added Player vs. Player (PvP) action.”

Kingdom of Sky pushes the boundaries of character development and adventure to new heights. An entirely new form of advancement introduces a structured Achievement system of skills and abilities to further specialize and individualize your character, while level caps for characters, artisans and guilds are all increased. Kingdom of Sky expands the arena challenges with four deadly new arena champions and two new arena zones. Ten new adventure zones, from lush jungles to temples of unimaginable splendor, 25 new enemies and troves full of new treasures all open up fresh game play and visual experiences within the online world of EverQuest II.

Player versus Player combat will “go live” in EverQuest II near the time of the launch of Kingdom of Sky, a highly anticipated addition to the game that will allow players to fight each other. PvP will be a part of the regular updates that take place within the game world, and will be available to all EQII players for no additional cost. PvP will feature good versus evil combat, pitting citizens of the two rival cities of Qeynos and Freeport against each other. Players will earn items, titles, fame and experience while engaged in combat with other online gamers around the globe. Combat will happen in the wild or within the gates of your opponent’s city. PvP will be activated on new servers so all players will be able to compete from the ground up.

About Kingdom of Sky

High above the mightiest peaks of Norrath, a secret world exists. This Overrealm, made up of enormous islands of land suspended in the air, is home to aviaks and creatures never-before seen, but it is the splintered and warring dragons who rule it. Driven by their lust for power, religious zealotry, and all-consuming rage, the most ancient of the world’s creatures now find common cause in a plot to destroy all of Norrath! Populated by dragons, aviaks, and other new creatures never before seen in EverQuest II, all eyes turn toward this new realm — even those of the mighty dragon Lord Nagafen!

Features:

* Higher level advancement—now reach level 70 as an adventurer or artisan
* All-new Achievement system to further enhance and specialize your characterÂ’s abilities
* Guild advancement expanded to level 50
* Four new arena champions and two new arenas
* All new Heritage Quests allow players to gain amazingly powerful items, personal status, adventure experience and even a reward made famous in the original EverQuest
* Signature Quests which reward large experience bonuses, personal status, new items, and advance the lore of EverQuest II
* Over 30 new Collections expand upon one of the most popular features exclusive to EverQuest II. Find them all and earn all new rewards
* Challenging new zones, from floating islands to menacing dungeons
* 25 new enemies to fight
* Brand new pieces of armor, such as Profession Hats, Helmets and Pauldrons, will make your character look more distinct
* Over 30 new items to put in your player house
* All new player titles

For more information, visit http://www.kingdomofsky.com

Willias
Pancake
posted 01-04-2006 02:09:45 PM
quote:
Khyron probably says this to all the girls:

Honestly, I have no idea why they fucked up SWG the way they did.

Planetside became screwed up due to SOE listening too much to the whining portion of the player base.

EverQuest and EverQuest II on the other hand they have done pretty good with, though EQ1 has mostly died out due to WoW. EQ II on the other hand is actually a pretty decent MMO, and Sony seems to want to make it better (from reading dev posts on the EQ2 forums).

Willias
Pancake
posted 01-04-2006 02:14:09 PM
quote:
All-new Achievement system to further enhance and specialize your characterÂ’s abilities

I'm thinking this is going to be the AA of EQ2.

Alaan
posted 01-04-2006 02:28:52 PM
Is this new Nagafen or old Nagafen or what.
Willias
Pancake
posted 01-04-2006 02:33:34 PM
quote:
Alaan had this to say about dark elf butts:
Is this new Nagafen or old Nagafen or what.

The current Nagafen in the game is the same one from EQ1. Except he's unkillable (you CAN attack him, but he'll obliterate you) and is a quest giving npc.

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 01-04-2006 05:52:08 PM
quote:
Willias's account was hax0red to write:
EQ1 has mostly died out

Yet they're STILL making expansions for it. How many does this make now?

Khyron fucked around with this message on 01-04-2006 at 05:54 PM.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-04-2006 05:56:26 PM
quote:
Tarquinn said:
Well... I have read two rather good reviews of the new SWG. It seems to be quite good, IF you haven't played it before (and can ignore it's many bugs).

Hahahahahahaha.

There is ZERO directed content beyond level 20. Meet iconic characters.. woohoo.. yeah, for only the first quarter of the game. Then have tons of fun wandering around empty servers and crying in dark corners wondering why you ever bought the game.

Massive bugs, insane lag even with mostly empty servers, broken content, no galactic civil war to speak of, broken crafting, broken everything. It's more buggy now than it was in beta 1.

Mortious fucked around with this message on 01-04-2006 at 05:57 PM.

Sean
posted 01-04-2006 06:14:27 PM
quote:
Willias thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Planetside became screwed up due to SOE listening too much to the whining portion of the player base.

No.

Planetside became screwed up because SOE let people play for free. Game cards for Planetside did not expire; a portion of the playerbase went over a year without paying a dime for the game beyond the initial box purchase and game card.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 01-04-2006 06:18:09 PM
quote:
Khyron painfully thought these words up:

Because I play a game they produce currently and I rather enjoy it. It's fixed a lot of issues I had with EQ1, and I never have a day when it's a chore to log in, like I had a lot toward the end with EQ1.

I've heard something about Kingdom of Sky either being levitated Kunark, or something to do with the Rathe Mountains. Given KFC's proximity to Rathe, my money is on the second option.

Dunno what the level range is yet, but it is raising the cap to 70. And yes the achievement system is an alternate sort of advancement system, although we don't have details, In AA threads we've had on the SoE boards though, the general consensus from the devs was that these are NOT AA's all over again as we had them in EQ1, but a different sort of system.

Oh, and EQ1 is far from dead. With the server mergers, Luclin is more happening than I've ever seen it. The last few expansions EQ1 expansions have received pretty good opinions.

Alidane
Urinary Tract Infection
posted 01-04-2006 07:46:27 PM
quote:
Sean had this to say about Knight Rider:
No.

Planetside became screwed up because SOE let people play for free. Game cards for Planetside did not expire; a portion of the playerbase went over a year without paying a dime for the game beyond the initial box purchase and game card.

That's part of the problem, but saying that's the only one is rather silly.

Willias
Pancake
posted 01-04-2006 07:57:09 PM
quote:
Sean stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
No.

I honestly didn't know that. That's pretty funny.

quote:
Yet they're STILL making expansions for it. How many does this make now?

Of course, this is SOE we're talking about here. They're going to try and squeeze every cent they can out of a game, especially one that did very well. While EQ1 is outdated compared to WoW (as it should be), it's still a decent game and there are still some people that play it.

Also, EQ1 and EQ2 have some wierd schedule that has EQ1's and EQ2's devs pump out an expansion every 6 months. Don't know how well I like that, but at least EQ2 is doing something smart with their expansions. So far, no expansion is required when you start up the game. They all increase the level cap and put in areas that are for those levels, but don't add anything to the low levels. That way you don't have to feel like you need to own each and every expansion that is released for the game when you start up.

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 01-04-2006 08:04:42 PM
quote:
Willias had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
The current Nagafen in the game is the same one from EQ1. Except he's unkillable (you CAN attack him, but he'll obliterate you) and is a quest giving npc.

This bugs me. From the early days of EQ1, Nagafen and Vox were THE target. Everyone wanted to take them out. Everyone that could gave it a shot. Then, later on as the game progressed, these were the same type of characters that opened up the Planes of Power. The same type of characters that (by EQ2 lore) grew so powerful, that the Gods became pissed and messed over all of Norath.

To that kind of power, Nagafen was a speedbump and nothing more. For them to just ignore the actions of the players from the earliest days of EQ just makes me feel as if it doesn't matter to them that anyone ever played. All that hard work by the players, and it made not a bit of difference. Just thrown out the window.

It leaves me feeling kind of ... empty, I guess. What were fond memories of EQ1 suddenly aren't that fond any more. Despite all the time I spent playing, I never got to where I could go on a Vox or Naggy raid. And yet, they were still a big part of the game. A big part of what the game was about. Just ignored.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
nem-x
posted 01-04-2006 08:04:43 PM
Willias
Pancake
posted 01-04-2006 09:08:13 PM
quote:
Palador ChibiDragon painfully thought these words up:
This bugs me. From the early days of EQ1, Nagafen and Vox were THE target. Everyone wanted to take them out. Everyone that could gave it a shot. Then, later on as the game progressed, these were the same type of characters that opened up the Planes of Power. The same type of characters that (by EQ2 lore) grew so powerful, that the Gods became pissed and messed over all of Norath.

To that kind of power, Nagafen was a speedbump and nothing more. For them to just ignore the actions of the players from the earliest days of EQ just makes me feel as if it doesn't matter to them that anyone ever played. All that hard work by the players, and it made not a bit of difference. Just thrown out the window.

It leaves me feeling kind of ... empty, I guess. What were fond memories of EQ1 suddenly aren't that fond any more. Despite all the time I spent playing, I never got to where I could go on a Vox or Naggy raid. And yet, they were still a big part of the game. A big part of what the game was about. Just ignored.

Lucan D'Lere is the leader of Freeport. The Overlord. There's also a Fippy Darkpaw (the 4th I think) that gives a quest to take orders on Blackburrow Ale shipments inside of Qeynos.

Just because players killed the npc didn't keep Sony from bringing the npc back to put some sort of storyline into their game. Then again, you never really killed them in EQ1 either, since in about a week they'd be back up and be ready to be killed again.

I suppose it's kind of lame, but it's an easy way to try and bring people into the sequel. Let them see what happened to the npcs of the original EQ, and the island-ish world that was created by an exploding moon.

Oh, and Lady Vox is dead. Apparently, mortals weren't able to ever kill her, but a chunk of Luclin did her in. Her ghost resides in what's left of Permafrost and is a raid mob. She also relates to a quest that Nagafen gives out, and her death is probably why Naggy is a bit more docile and willing to give players one of the best pieces of equipment the game has to offer.

Malbi
posted 01-04-2006 09:10:56 PM
quote:
Willias wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Oh, and Lady Vox is dead. Apparently, mortals weren't able to ever kill her, but a chunk of Luclin did her in. Her ghost resides in what's left of Permafrost and is a raid mob. She also relates to a quest that Nagafen gives out, and her death is probably why Naggy is a bit more docile and willing to give players one of the best pieces of equipment the game has to offer.

I was under the impression she was murdered and one of the Nagafen quests required you to kill her murderer, a Dragon, in Permafrost. I'll be sure to ask some of my guildmates who have been working the prismatics

I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 01-04-2006 09:29:00 PM
quote:
Palador ChibiDragon spewed forth this undeniable truth:

Your brain does not function as a normal human being's, does it.

Maradon!
posted 01-04-2006 11:16:42 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Palador ChibiDragon booooze lime pole over bench lick:

Completely writing the players out of the storyline has been SOE's modus operandi since day one.

Pesco
Is a copyright of Peachis. Don't underestimate his pants, either.
posted 01-05-2006 01:21:00 AM
quote:
This one time, at Malbi camp:
I was under the impression she was murdered and one of the Nagafen quests required you to kill her murderer, a Dragon, in Permafrost. I'll be sure to ask some of my guildmates who have been working the prismatics

Actually it is a little more involved then that. But yes, she is murdered and you are conned by not only the dragon that murdered her but Nagafen as well. The dragon, Darathar, goes to the Isle of Refuge at the end and you fight him there. It is a pretty interesting series of quests if you actually read the dialog.

Additionally a part of the quest states the moon was destroyed by Kerafrym and not the Gods. Though I don't know if that was part of the dragon lying to you or actual story.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: