EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Guess who just saw Episode III
TheOriginalZane
Pancake
posted 05-18-2005 03:11:55 AM

My friend works as a projectionist at a movie theater and they got this reels for Episode III in on Monday. So at 11pm when the last movie got out, he ran the movie for me and another one of his friends. I saw it for free too.

I'm going to bed now. Go see it.

TheOriginalZane fucked around with this message on 05-18-2005 at 03:12 AM.

The worst member of EC.
Live Journal
Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-18-2005 04:15:58 AM
GUESS WHO HAS HERPES
Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 05-18-2005 05:53:34 AM
*shrugs* Guess who doesn't give half a damn about episode 3? =)
diadem
eet bugz
posted 05-18-2005 07:06:07 AM
quote:
So quoth Mr. Parcelan:
GUESS WHO HAS HERPES

...you?

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Jackman
Racist Hermaphroditic Midget
posted 05-18-2005 07:34:56 AM
sweet.....Spoilers?
Peter: I'm not afraid of anything, I laugh in the face of Death. See HAHAHAHA.
Death: Oh great! Thanks a lot. As if it wasnt already hard enough to fit in.

Some people are like Slinkys... Not really good for anything, But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 05-18-2005 07:56:18 AM
quote:
jackman enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
sweet.....Spoilers?

it turns out yoda's a sith lord and little anney was just going undercover.

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
New Age Bane
Waste Management Crisis
posted 05-18-2005 09:22:49 AM
Damn it!

Sleeping is not a good thing.

New Age Bane fucked around with this message on 05-18-2005 at 09:47 AM.

What am I supposed to in here again? Oh yes something witty and oh so pretty!
Jackman
posted 05-18-2005 09:53:57 AM
quote:
diadem had this to say about Duck Tales:
it turns out yoda's a sith lord and little anney was just going undercover.

WoW! I wasn't expecting that.

Some people are like Slinkys... Not really good for anything, But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TheOriginalZane
Pancake
posted 05-18-2005 10:35:08 AM
quote:
New Age Bane impressed everyone with:
Damn it!

Sleeping is not a good thing.

Yeah you could have went.

I didn't put any spoilers because there's no point. If you don't already know what happens, you should go see the other movies. The fight scenes, especially the last one, are badass.

The worst member of EC.
Live Journal
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 05-18-2005 10:44:19 AM
So does it redeems the whole prequil effort?
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 05-18-2005 11:23:49 AM
8 hours 20 minutes and counting.
Jackman
posted 05-18-2005 12:17:19 PM
there is a 12:01 showing here tonight, but its sold out. I likly will wait a few weeks til I try to go to the theater and see it.

I'd like to see it NOW, but I just dont want to deal with the kind of crowd its gonna draw.

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 05-18-2005 12:22:18 PM
I will be seeing it at the premiere today at 6:30PM. We won tickets from a radio show. Well, actually my friend won tickets for us.

We watched I and II last night. I can't wait to see Anakin feel pain. Lots and lots of pain.

I want to see JarJar die a horrible death in a threshing accident too.

Jackman
posted 05-18-2005 12:45:17 PM
So you think jar jar dies?

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 05-18-2005 12:46:21 PM
It would be better if he wasn't in the movie at all, not even mentioned. Just pretend like he never existed.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 05-18-2005 12:48:31 PM
and it has the only fight, in all six movies.. where both combatants have the same color lightsaber
Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 05-18-2005 12:59:32 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by jackman:
So you think jar jar dies?

Do they have space threshers?

Sean
posted 05-18-2005 01:04:04 PM
quote:
Then why did you try to fuck him like a bitch, Nae?
Do they have space threshers?

All indications I've heard point to Jar Jar being on Alderaan when it gets vaporized. Because of Leia.

Anakin's daughter has more balls than he does.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Zaile Ghostmaker
You've gotta remember, I'm an EverQuest character.
posted 05-18-2005 11:03:32 PM
Is it true that, in the end, [spoiler]Sidious can't turn Anakin to the dark side after all, so instead he pulls out a corrupted clone he made of Anakin, has the clone kill the real one, and take his place? (Clone doesn't realize he's the clone, naturally.)

Supposedly, that's why they mentioned the mida-whatevers in Epp 1 as being the source of a person's force powers. So that you know that a clone would have them too. It also makes Obi-Wan's statement to Luke of "Darth Vader murdered your father" more true than he realized.[spoiler]

I find that most problems can be solved by excessive violence.

It is held in thought
only by the understanding
of the Wind.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 05-18-2005 11:16:45 PM
quote:
This one time, at Zaile Ghostmaker camp:
Is it true that, in the end, Sidious can't turn Anakin to the dark side after all, so instead he pulls out a corrupted clone he made of Anakin, has the clone kill the real one, and take his place? (Clone doesn't realize he's the clone, naturally.)

Supposedly, that's why they mentioned the mida-whatevers in Epp 1 as being the source of a person's force powers. So that you know that a clone would have them too. It also makes Obi-Wan's statement to Luke of "Darth Vader murdered your father" more true than he realized.

No, it isn't. That would be retarded.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 05-18-2005 11:19:51 PM
quote:
JooJooFlop had this to say about Captain Planet:
No, it isn't. That would be retarded.

And completely and totally destroy most of peoples interest in the series I'd think. That would just be a retarded Shamaylallalan movie twist or something.

Remmeber! Han didn't fire first!

Faelynn LeAndris fucked around with this message on 05-18-2005 at 11:20 PM.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Flea
Pancake
posted 05-18-2005 11:28:32 PM
ANAKIN IS DARTH VADER!

Jackman
posted 05-18-2005 11:28:38 PM
No worse than replacing guns with walkie talkies.....

Zaile Ghostmaker
You've gotta remember, I'm an EverQuest character.
posted 05-18-2005 11:48:44 PM
quote:
Faelynn LeAndris had this to say about Robocop:
And completely and totally destroy most of peoples interest in the series I'd think.

And get Lucas lynched by a rampaging mob of Star Wars fans.

But he's rich and old, what would he care?

I find that most problems can be solved by excessive violence.

It is held in thought
only by the understanding
of the Wind.

Kait
has made another completely pointless and off-topic post that nobody cares about
posted 05-19-2005 12:17:14 AM
My boss is going to go see it twice tonight with his ex-girlfriend, once at midnight and again at 3 a.m. He asked me if I wanted to go, I was like, "At 3? Um. No."
"A black cat dropped soundlessly from a high wall, like a spoonful of dark treacle and melted under the gate."
-Elizabeth Lemarchand
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 05-19-2005 12:49:50 AM
The movie was in my opinion the best of the first three episodes. I had a few moments, but it was overall a beautiful movie.
UBT
Pancake
posted 05-19-2005 12:52:19 AM
The movie was absolutely awesome. I agree with Nae as that there were a few WTF? moments.
Mightion Defensor
posted 05-19-2005 12:52:39 AM
Nothimng in the movie will be a surprise to me, since I bought the novelization a few weeks ago. Still looking forward to it, though. Don't know when I'll get around to seeing it...
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 05-19-2005 03:04:59 AM
The battle of coruscant had me yawning. How they managed to make you feel detached from such an awesome senario is beyond me.
Somu Icewalker
Also known as Diet Dr. Evil
posted 05-19-2005 03:08:31 AM
I believe Episode 3 can be summed up in 3 words:
Graphics
Emotion
Manipulation
That makes this movie a good or bad one depending on your tastes.
Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 05-19-2005 03:19:19 AM
It was a pretty good movie, but 3 things really irritated me:

1) "It's as though she has lost the will to live." Biggest copout ever. It ruined for me what would've been a great dramatic moment. ONOES lil annie's eval. I can't take it any more

I would've greatly preferred that Anakin have crushed a vital organ in his zeal to kiss her with his force fist.

2) The ease with which the first three jedi sent to arrest Palpatine fell. Hell, they didn't even attempt to block! That pissed me off. It's not like he caught them by suprise, or anything.

3) Chewbacca. I saw it coming, but including him in that manner was totally uneccesary.

Also, I kinda wish more force powers were used all around in the fights. That would've made my day.

At the very least, the movie was better than episodes I and II.

PS: I don't think Lucas cares about continuity. Maybe my memory's a little hazy, but wasn't the Death Star designed and had a prototype created within the Maw?

Tegadil fucked around with this message on 05-19-2005 at 03:21 AM.

Blackened
posted 05-19-2005 03:25:28 AM
It sucked so much I found myself laughing. Frequently.

See it if you enjoy B movies.

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 05-19-2005 03:58:50 AM
Edit: Black, are you really serious?

Holy fucking hell, Sith ruled far more than any prequel.

Reasons (In no real order):

1. Yoda throwing the Imperial Guards against the wall

2. Revelations about Sideous's past

3. Obi-Wan vs. Anakin
3a. Obi-Wan solidifying his place as ultimate Jedi

4. Mace vs. Sideous
4a. Mace proving he's the most powerful force user...easily

5. And...Natalie Portman

Also, the all time ranking now is::

Empire
Jedi
Sith
New Hope
Clones
Phantom

OtakuPenguin fucked around with this message on 05-19-2005 at 04:01 AM.

..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 05-19-2005 04:16:52 AM
quote:
Blackened stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
It sucked so much I found myself laughing. Frequently.

See it if you enjoy B movies.

I wholeheartedly concur.

Worst. Star Wars. Ever.

OP: Are you really serious? Sith over New Hope? Rip up your star wars nerd badge and hand it in promptly.

And Die.

Snugglits fucked around with this message on 05-19-2005 at 04:22 AM.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 05-19-2005 04:24:52 AM
OMFG that was awesome!!

And one of my favorite moments:

"Don't move!"
"Ouch!"

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 05-19-2005 04:28:54 AM
Graphics rocked. Grievous rocked. Action/fight scenes rocked.

Dialogue sucked. Plot sucked. Acting really sucked.

Wayyyyy too much overdramatization at wayyyy too many points.

Not to mention that most of our theatre laughed whenever Darth Sidious spoke..RIIIIIIISE.

It wasn't a bad movie if you like cool graphics and fight scenes and are like...deaf.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 05-19-2005 04:33:51 AM
I kept waiting for something to smack him in the head when he was cackling during the fight with Yoda.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 05-19-2005 04:38:51 AM
Warning: I'm not putting spoilers up. There's no point. If you've read the thread this far, oh well.

Why did I have to sit through Episode I to get to Episode 3 again? Why did I have to watch that interminable pod race sequence to get to the good part? There was no character development. There was no nothing.

Episode 2 was better. It was getting on the right track. Nothing excuses Lucas and his rough startup with Ep 1, but Ep 2 wasn't bad. It didn't make up for Ep 1, but it did have more of what I wanted to see; lightsabers, Jedi, character development, etc.

Episode 3 was the best of the prequels, by far. And you know what? What made it good was the lightsabers, the Jedi, the character development, but on top of it all, the movie had the dialogue. That's what made me love Han in the original. He bantered. He had good lines. He got into mildly comical situations that broke the tension (remember him charging down the hall after the Stormtroopers in Ep 4? Or his remark about how taun-tauns smelled in Ep 5? Or his whole attitude in general in Ep 6?) without being heavy-handed. That was the light touch we needed. Build the tension high, break it slightly, build it again, break it slightly. Keep raising things. Laugh at some parts? That's fine. I rolled my eyes a few times, but it was good. It was what the prequels should have been.

I felt better about the "Breakup Scene" where Obi screams about how Anakin was the chosen one. I was of the impression it was in the middle of battle, but it was almost Obi-Wan's good-bye.

I agree wholeheartedly with Tegadil's comment about the "lost her will to live" thing. That was lame. She got force choked. Few moments of that and whoops! We got us a new Admiral, Piett! She got choked. She was dying. She lived long enough to name the kids, then she died. R2's an astromech droid. What does he know about medical crap? he could give her a lube change on the flight to meet Bail Organa and Yoda.

My only REAL complaint with the movie will no doubt be resolved with the DVD release, and that is that the movie at times felt rushed. There was so much ground to cover, and so little time. The transitions from scene to scene were generally good, but sometimes it was obvious they said "screw smoothness, just get to the next important scene". I'm sure a lot of that disjointedness will be smoothed, as I said, with the DVD (which will no doubt add time to the film. Remember the extended podrace sequence with Episode 1?).

All in all, very good. Sith was better than Jedi, I would have to say. Not better than Empire, not better than New Hope, but it has in the very least outmatched the god-damned Ewok movie. Lucas should have set that on Kashyyk.

As for Chewbacca...what did you want? It was a cameo. He was on, did a line or two, and helped Yoda escape. I felt good about it. It didn't fuck with continuity (it didn't; there was no continuity to fuck with...all we know about Chewbacca prior to Ep 4 is that he was a slave who Han saved), it was good to see him, and they moved on.

Though that whole sequence where Jedi after Jedi is slaughtered was hard to watch. They really mastered the CGI on Yoda in this one. You could read the pain and sense of loss every time they cut back to him.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 05-19-2005 04:43:19 AM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Snugglits:
I wholeheartedly concur.

Worst. Star Wars. Ever.

OP: Are you really serious? Sith over New Hope? Rip up your star wars nerd badge and hand it in promptly.

And Die.

I'm still questioning your seriousness here.

Have you SEEN Episode 1? Jesus man, you think Sith is worse than EPISODE 1?!

Also yes, it was better than New Hope. New Hope was the weakest of the Original Three, easily. The Special Effects were not that good, none of our favourite characters are developed and it feels off compared to the rest. As a friend of mine in the car said, "Star Wars feels the least like Star Wars", at least Episode 1 got the feeling of the movies right.

Nothing will beat Empire or Jedi, but my god, Sith is much better than any of the others.

..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 05-19-2005 04:44:39 AM
Only a retard would think the shitty speech from 3 is any good. >:[
[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: