EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Poll: Which of the following would you play on an EC server?
You can vote for up to 7 options in this poll.
Author
Topic: Interest Poll
Drysart
Pancake
posted 04-11-2004 04:01:08 AM
Vote, you bastards.
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 04-11-2004 04:02:43 AM
first post
Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 04-11-2004 04:03:10 AM
I checked all the free options.
"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-11-2004 04:04:12 AM
hay drys will u play horde in wow
Snoota
posted 04-11-2004 04:04:39 AM
Even if NWN might suck(I've never played it, but keep hearing bad things about it! Especially considering it took forty years to make) it'd be pretty fun to play a campaign set on EVERCREST ISLAND.
Maradon!
posted 04-11-2004 04:05:27 AM
I think it's pretty clear what I voted for.
Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 04-11-2004 04:05:45 AM
UO? That sounds like some good times. You'll probably need a small team of people to manage it if it ever takes off, though.

I remember playing on a player-run shard a long while back. Had some fun.

But... CS sounds more realistic.

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Zair
The Imp
posted 04-11-2004 04:06:49 AM
I'd play anything that is relativly cheap and can work on a mediocre computer.
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 04-11-2004 04:07:03 AM
Tribes 2 or UO. cmon cmon cmon
Drysart
Pancake
posted 04-11-2004 04:12:48 AM
I was actually toying with the idea of taking UO and modifying the map to make it considerably smaller (to account for the fact that we won't have thousands of players online), and setting up a two-faction warfare sort of situation.

Or maybe free-for-all old-school UO PVP. Corp por, bitches.

Zair
The Imp
posted 04-11-2004 04:17:58 AM
UO sounds cool. I suck at FPS games. I think UO or NWN would be cool.
Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 04-11-2004 04:19:20 AM
quote:
But Drysart doesn't really care for music, do you?
I was actually toying with the idea of taking UO and modifying the map to make it considerably smaller (to account for the fact that we won't have thousands of players online), and setting up a two-faction warfare sort of situation.

Two factions sounds sweet.

Get a nice map setup, nice system in place, and boom. Fun times.

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 04-11-2004 04:30:47 AM
I vote CS because you can have as few as 6 people in the game and still have a good time.

That and I already have it installed.

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Snoota
posted 04-11-2004 04:36:04 AM
quote:
Drysart had this to say about Duck Tales:

That would kick all sorts of ass. I've never played UO before, but I'd give it a shot for that!

Plus it'd be nice to have an EC fad that wasn't based on how many people you could get on at that particular moment for once. Nothing is worse than begging for people to come play a game for an hour.

Snoota fucked around with this message on 04-11-2004 at 04:41 AM.

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 04-11-2004 05:43:29 AM
UT2k4 4 evah!

aside from that i'd be diggin' UT or UO it'ws be the suzzle bizszle.

Vernaltemptress
Withered and Alone
posted 04-11-2004 07:08:36 AM
quote:
Zair spewed forth this undeniable truth:
I'd play anything that is relativly cheap (edit: free) and can work on a mediocre computer.
Obamanomics: spend, tax, and borrow.
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 04-11-2004 09:02:51 AM
quote:
Inferno-Spirit was naked while typing this:
very important poster
a sweet title
posted 04-11-2004 09:52:22 AM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Drysart:

UO would be badass.

If you want, I have the files for Za's old custom UO server that was really awesome, but it's on the POL emulator and POL sucks.

I have some experience in GMing and a lot of experience in playing UO though, so if you need help or anything, shoot.

I highly recommend www.runuo.com for an emulator.

Jens fucked around with this message on 04-11-2004 at 09:53 AM.

hey
Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 04-11-2004 09:58:33 AM
Sean
posted 04-11-2004 10:32:03 AM
I hope the version of Tribes 2 they give away comes with all the patches.

Because fuck me Freddy, that game is a bitch and a half to patch.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 04-11-2004 10:50:17 AM
More votes for UO
hey
Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 04-11-2004 11:45:00 AM
Voted for UT, NWN, a MUD, and Tribes 2 mainly because it's going to be free. Only objection I have to Tribes 2 is the fact no matter how good your connection is, it's laggy as all hell cause the NetCode sucks, sucks having to wait for shots to register.

I'd vote for CS, but I don't see it being as accessable to as many people of the others because it's only good for skilled FPSers, it can be fun, but going up against the elite and especially those that have mastered it, will become a pain. It also gets frustrating after a while.

UO left a VERY bad taste in my mouth, but of course that was public, I'd probably try it again if it went strait EC and Custom, I dunno.

I want UT2k4 REALLLY bad, but I can't afford it right now. Otherwise I'd be SO on that option, if I do manage to get it at some point, I'd be all over it. But since I assume others cannot or will not pay for it as it is now, I also didn't pick this option.

Picked UT mostly because it is so cheap, you can have fun in it with limited people, or even just with bots while waiting on others, works on much older and less powerful machines while still being pretty, doesn't have a steep learning curve like CS or Half-Life based shooters, it's kind of mindless and just good fun without having to worry about balance, classes, commands, orders, or any of that.

Picked Tribes 2 because I thought it was neat, and interesting, but with the shitty ass netcode lagging everything, the learning curve, takez forever to patch and will kill Dial Up users, and never any really good games going (There were only ever like 3 ECers playing together at a time, and we had to go to Public Servers to even do that for the most part) I could never really get into it because of that. I'd try again if it was EC Only and had a decent amount of people willing to play.

NWN is just flat out cool, but unless you built and programmed a world for us, umm... HOw would that work? Just going through the senarios and whatnot is kinda pointless, I mean what would we do on there?

Faelynn LeAndris fucked around with this message on 04-11-2004 at 11:45 AM.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-11-2004 11:46:53 AM
Voted for UO, but I'd play Tradewars too, even though it's not really a MUD.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 04-11-2004 12:10:09 PM
It sucks that CS is losing to fucking Tribes 2.
Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 04-11-2004 12:13:35 PM
quote:
Kegwen stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
It sucks that CS is losing to fucking Tribes 2.

It's going to be free, big plus.

You'd still need to buy at least Half-Life to get CS, or CS Retail.

It also has Bots, which means no waiting around for ever just to play around and goof off. Since you can at least play the bots until someone else joins.

CS you need at LEAST 2 people, and 1 on 1 just flat out sucks. So with as few people as we have that play at one time, during most parts of the day, games with bots are a big plus. At least with bots 1 on 1 doesn't suck royal ass, and takes up time while waiting for others to join.

Faelynn LeAndris fucked around with this message on 04-11-2004 at 12:16 PM.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
very important poster
a sweet title
posted 04-11-2004 12:21:05 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Jens!

If you want, I have the files for Za's old custom UO server that was really awesome, but it's on the POL emulator and POL sucks.

Obviously I'd need to ask Za's permission by the by, but I'm sure he'd agree to let you use it.

hey
Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 04-11-2004 12:21:31 PM
counter-strike is so played out. ut2004 freaking rocks.
On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Suddar
posted 04-11-2004 12:27:08 PM
UO would be sweeeeet. You'd have to direct everybody very clearly on how to set it up and where to download it though if it's free because stupid people like me don't know
Mod
Pancake
posted 04-11-2004 12:29:20 PM
Voted Tribes 2 since it's the only of the bunch I haven't played yet that is free. The Half-Life engine has been flogged to death and back and UO or MUDs would just die after people spred out in level.
Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 04-11-2004 12:33:42 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Suddar was all like:
UO would be sweeeeet. You'd have to direct everybody very clearly on how to set it up and where to download it though if it's free because stupid people like me don't know
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 04-11-2004 12:44:53 PM
i voted for the free ones.
very important poster
a sweet title
posted 04-11-2004 12:51:16 PM
Everyone who didn't vote for UO is a fag
hey
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 04-11-2004 01:26:36 PM
quote:
Jens enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:

*has buttsex with Jens*

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Steven Steve
posted 04-11-2004 01:26:53 PM
UO, my friends
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

can you please fix my title
posted 04-11-2004 01:38:57 PM
quote:
This one time, at Jens camp:

you dont want UO becuse people like me who have unlimited time will eventualy reach a point where the players who cant, will be left behind. Any modification to allow them to catch up would defeat the puropose of the game and the incentive for persons like my self to play to begin with.

Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 04-11-2004 01:58:28 PM
Crap, I voted on the wrong thing!
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 04-11-2004 02:01:08 PM
quote:
Jens had this to say about dark elf butts:

Well, that theory does seem to hold true in my case!

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
very important poster
a sweet title
posted 04-11-2004 02:07:02 PM
quote:
Verily, Somthor doth proclaim:
you dont want UO becuse people like me who have unlimited time will eventualy reach a point where the players who cant, will be left behind. Any modification to allow them to catch up would defeat the puropose of the game and the incentive for persons like my self to play to begin with.

Uh, considering that you can practically work up your character AFK, that's not really an issue.

hey
Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 04-11-2004 02:08:06 PM
I vote for UO, without a doubt.

And using the old CB2 files would kickass, Jens.

'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 04-11-2004 02:09:07 PM
quote:
Inferno-Spirit had this to say about the Spice Girls:
"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: