EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Gay marriage
Damnati
Filthy
posted 03-30-2004 08:33:35 PM
Not really sure why I'm posting this rant but I figured it'd be interesting to see if anyone agrees with me.
I have this thing against gay marriage. For a while, I couldn't really figure out why beyond my problem with homosexuality in general. Then someone asked what the problem was with two people proclaiming their love before God, whether gay or straight. This set off all sorts of alarms in my head and I started to think about what marriage really is. It came to me that marriage isn't a declaration of two people's love at all (at least, not primarily). In fact, love plays little part in the actual act of marriage itself. Undeniably, love is often a motivator in marriage and it certainly does help, but it has been proven time and again that love is not a necessary part of marriage. Marriage, in its truest form, is not any kind of declaration of love, but a literal merging of two people's souls which is physically represented by the consummation of marriage (that first night's sex). Also, marriage, in the Christian aspect at least, is intended for one man and one woman, the Bible is pretty clear on that. Now, it may not seem to good to argue on what the Bible says, but one must consider that marriage in the United States is in the Christian format before the Christian God. One must consider the implications of that before one tries to say that gay marriage is acceptable. I've not a problem with social unions allowing a same-sex partner to get benefits from the other partner as a wife from a husband, but I do have a problem with the idea of a gay marriage before God. I dunno, I guess it just doesn't sit right with me.

[ 03-30-2004: Message edited by: Drysart ]

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 03-30-2004 08:34:36 PM
God doesn't apply to one religion. Nice rant.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-30-2004 08:34:37 PM
Hi. A few things about this

1) Who the hell are you?

2) Why can't you master the use of the enter key and its gay partner: the paragraph?

Steven Steve
posted 03-30-2004 08:37:31 PM
He's named after an anthropomorphic cat from an anime, how ironic

[ 03-30-2004: Message edited by: Fazum'Zen Fastfist ]

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 03-30-2004 08:38:06 PM
quote:
Fazum'Zen Fastfist had this to say about pies:

Maho sucked.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 03-30-2004 08:38:10 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan was naked while typing this:
Hi. A few things about this

1) Who the hell are you?

2) Why can't you master the use of the enter key and its gay partner: the paragraph?

1)http://forums.evercrest.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=53873
2)Enter key used plenty paragraphs not needed for this rant. Is just a rant, nothing special.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-30-2004 08:38:54 PM
quote:
Fazum'Zen Fastfist stopped beating up furries long enough to write:

Having sex with animals needs to be against the Bible, somewhere.

DO I SMELL SOMEONE USING THE GOOD BOOK AS A COVER-UP FOR THEIR OWN SICK FETISHES?

Damnati
Filthy
posted 03-30-2004 08:40:15 PM
quote:
Fazum'Zen Fastfist had this to say about the Spice Girls:

Actually, Maho is a Mage: the Ascension character I use. She was named after Mizuho's little sister Maho in Onegai Teacher, not the aforemention cat from .hack//SIGN.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-30-2004 08:40:33 PM
quote:
Maho was naked while typing this:
2)Enter key used plenty paragraphs not needed for this rant. Is just a rant, nothing special.

Wrong, swine. Paragraphs, grammar, everything else dictates everything everybody thinks about you, see?

You don't use paragraphs. You don't convey your ideas well. What do you come across as? An inbred, Illinois homophobe hick who's barely literate, most likely thanks to the fact that his cousin is also his mother.

But, this needs some positive reinforcement. We listen to religious people, people who are anti-gay, but only if they can make their ideas legitimately and coherently.

Use the other good book: the dictionary.

[ 03-30-2004: Message edited by: Mr. Parcelan ]

Damnati
Filthy
posted 03-30-2004 08:41:01 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Having sex with animals needs to be against the Bible, somewhere.

DO I SMELL SOMEONE USING THE GOOD BOOK AS A COVER-UP FOR THEIR OWN SICK FETISHES?

Maybe, wanna play?

Steven Steve
posted 03-30-2004 08:42:16 PM
Man you're gay Max
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Broadzilla
Pancake
posted 03-30-2004 08:43:06 PM
My aunt and I were driving around yesterday, and we discussed about the whole gay marriage and religion thing. If you are gay and still love God, then why is it so wrong? Didn't God create us in his own image? Aren't Catholics suppose to love their neighbor(s)?

What's the point of Catholics arguing? They're just completely ignoring the fact that homosexuals are human too.

"I like lesbians with a giddy delight. If I had my own pair, I'd jack off every night."
"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me."
"There are easier things in life then finding a good guy like nailing Jell-0 to a tree."

[T E C H N O D R O M E] // [E R I N E Y ' S M I N D]

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 03-30-2004 08:44:33 PM
Bloodsage would have a fucking feild day on this guy.

I'm just sad it isn't a flame thread.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-30-2004 08:45:02 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis had this to say about Optimus Prime:
Bloodsage would have a fucking feild day on this guy.

I'm just sad it isn't a flame thread.

That never stopped Bloodsage before.

Steven Steve
posted 03-30-2004 08:45:15 PM
If I like to rape children and fuck horses in the ass, but I still love God, can I marry a horse?

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 03-30-2004 08:45:53 PM
quote:
Broadzilla got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
What's the point of Catholics arguing?

I was going to make a flame about Catholics here but I'm not. I agree with what you say.

I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 03-30-2004 08:46:32 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Mr. Parcelan wrote:
That never stopped Bloodsage before.

I know, but it'd be more fun to watch if it WAS a flame thread.

And the rest of us could call him a homophobic idiot in more un-nice terms.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 03-30-2004 08:46:37 PM
quote:
Broadzilla said this about your mom:
My aunt and I were driving around yesterday, and we discussed about the whole gay marriage and religion thing. If you are gay and still love God, then why is it so wrong? Didn't God create us in his own image? Aren't Catholics suppose to love their neighbor(s)?

What's the point of Catholics arguing? They're just completely ignoring the fact that homosexuals are human too.

I made that point. The arguement is against gay marriage in the Christian aspect. Like or not, the Bible governs Christian thinking and morals; it's just the way it works. The Bible itself is against homosexuality as a whole (Leviticus 23), to say nothing of gay marriage. I've no problem with social/civil unions, only with the idea of gay marriage under Christian ideals.

Ares
posted 03-30-2004 08:46:49 PM
Religion should have nothing to do with proclaiming ones love for another.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-30-2004 08:47:57 PM
quote:
Azymyth had this to say about Robocop:
I was going to make a flame about Catholics here but I'm not. I agree with what you say.

He's not Catholic, he's Christian. I'm Catholic.

With your current track record of sick fetishes, you may want to rethink juming feet-first into a flamewar regarding beliefs and sex.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 03-30-2004 08:48:06 PM
quote:
Ares had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Religion should have nothing to do with proclaiming ones love for another.

Why do you reply to a rant that you obviously didn't read?

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 03-30-2004 08:48:31 PM
The bible contradicts itself. Which will you believe, an old self-contradicting book or common sense?
[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Delphi Aegis
posted 03-30-2004 08:48:40 PM
quote:
Maho thought about the meaning of life:
I made that point. The arguement is against gay marriage in the Christian aspect. Like or not, the Bible governs Christian thinking and morals; it's just the way it works. The Bible itself is against homosexuality as a whole (Leviticus 23), to say nothing of gay marriage. I've no problem with social/civil unions, only with the idea of gay marriage under Christian ideals.

Here's a hint: Not everybody is a christian, wants to be a christian, or gives a crap about christians. Most people just work, day in, day out, doing the best they can. And if they somehow manage to find someone that they share a very special bond with (Be it a homo or hetero bond), then more power to 'em.

Just because YOU don't agree with it doesn't mean it should be OMFG BANNED.

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 03-30-2004 08:48:47 PM
quote:
Maho had this to say about Jimmy Carter:

Why do you post when nothing good comes out

Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 03-30-2004 08:49:12 PM
I think anyone protesting gay marriage is just ASKING for a metal-rod up the poop-shooter.
"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
Darius!
Pancake
posted 03-30-2004 08:49:14 PM
quote:
Maho attempted to be funny by writing:

fag

Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-30-2004 08:49:58 PM
quote:
Maho said this about your mom:

Because she doesn't have to read it to know what you're all about. You've proven yourself an ignorant little punk with just key bits and pieces.

What makes you think we'd waste precious brain cells to read your hokum?

Broadzilla
Pancake
posted 03-30-2004 08:50:27 PM
quote:
Fazum'Zen Fastfist thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
If I like to ... fuck horses in the ass ...

Well humans are mammals, and mammals are animals. So everytime we have sex with a human, aren't we performing beastiality?

"I like lesbians with a giddy delight. If I had my own pair, I'd jack off every night."
"There are easier things in life then finding a good guy like nailing Jell-0 to a tree."

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 03-30-2004 08:51:15 PM
Whatever.

Ares
posted 03-30-2004 08:51:19 PM
quote:
Maho had this to say about Robocop:

I can't read through your poor grammer. Sorry. Post with more intelligence next time. Thanks.

Steven Steve
posted 03-30-2004 08:51:46 PM
Gay marriage doesn't make sense because they're uniting under God, which is contradictory, but whatever keeps the AIDS in check is fine

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 03-30-2004 08:51:47 PM
quote:
Broadzilla had this to say about Captain Planet:
Well humans are mammals, and mammals are animals. So everytime we have sex with a human, aren't we performing beastiality?

Bravo.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 03-30-2004 08:52:52 PM
quote:
This one time, at Random Insanity Generator camp:
Bravo.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 03-30-2004 08:53:49 PM
quote:
Fazum'Zen Fastfist had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Gay marriage doesn't make sense because they're uniting under God, which is contradictory, but whatever keeps the AIDS in check is fine

My rant in a nutshell.

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 03-30-2004 08:55:14 PM
I still say Sout Park made the greatest comment about christianity.

"Chrisianity is not about following blindly, or listening to people like the giant queen spider, or with people crapping out of their mouths. Its about living a good life with good morales, and loving, understanding, and tolerating those that are around you."

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."

can you please fix my title
posted 03-30-2004 08:55:32 PM
Ones sexual orintation shouldnt be a factor in two people forming a couple. IF they love each other and wish to proclaim it to the public and before whatever deity they so choose then its not my or anyone else place to tell them they cant do so.

Instead people might wish the happy couple good fortune and leave it to what ever higher authority there may be to judge wither or not it was his/her intent for it to be so.

Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 03-30-2004 08:55:49 PM
Ya know... it seems to me that this dork should have just combined the 2 rants.

NO PRE-MARITAL GAY SEX!! Saves time and possibly braincells of higher life forms.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 03-30-2004 08:56:03 PM
quote:
Fazum'Zen Fastfist probably says this to all the girls:

Not all marriages are Christian, and not all religions are against homosexuality.

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-30-2004 08:56:47 PM
quote:
So quoth Zephyer Kyuukaze:
Not all marriages are Christian, and not all religions are against homosexuality.

rofl fag get urself out of my thred

Broadzilla
Pancake
posted 03-30-2004 09:00:11 PM
quote:
So quoth Random Insanity Generator:
Ya know... it seems to me that this dork should have just combined the 2 rants.

NO PRE-MARITAL GAY SEX!! Saves time and possibly braincells of higher life forms.

If the rant was even longer than it is now, I don't think anyone would read this thread.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: