EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Titles
Zair
The Imp
posted 02-26-2004 11:19:32 PM
Use this space to share the origin of your title. How did you get it? Did you buy it?

Please enlighten me, as I am terribly bored.

Jaggedpine Mistwalker
Member #4!
posted 02-26-2004 11:21:19 PM
One fateful day in early January of 2000, I was checking evercrest.com and saw that Drysart put the new UBB board up...

The rest is history!

Tatsukaze
wants Kloie's mom OH SO BAD
posted 02-26-2004 11:21:46 PM
I was titled by Kloie (Monica) during one of the titling games.

It began with me repeatedly saying "KLOIE'S MOM" in IRC.

Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 02-26-2004 11:22:08 PM
I had a title for about 6 minutes that I will not disclose, and then I posted a pic of me in my SCA gear proving that my title was innaccurate. Thus, instead, I got 'SCA Babe"
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 02-26-2004 11:22:25 PM
During a short-lived FFX craze, I started using Wakka as my sigpic because he's one of my favorite characters. Unfortunately, Drysart loathes Wakka. My title was promptly changed to a parade of, "FUCK WAKKA"

A couple days later, I went back to my old sigpic (of Charade from SC2, if you want to know). When Drysart noticed, he changed my title to what you see today.

[ 02-26-2004: Message edited by: Sentow, Maybe ]

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Steven Steve
posted 02-26-2004 11:22:47 PM
you know
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Redmage Darkrayver
Moron
posted 02-26-2004 11:24:59 PM
*shrugs* I'm just "not blue mage"

My girlfriend at the time (She was RedVixen then), joined, and changed her name to BlueMage...I got the title then

Razor
posted 02-26-2004 11:25:09 PM
Used to be about a 20pt sized word... Racist... popped up from a offhanded comment in a Jack in the box thread, I have since then redeemed myself, and am happy being untitled.
Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 02-26-2004 11:25:11 PM
This title I picked myself.

It used to be Esquire because I'm a lawyer and stuff.

Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 02-26-2004 11:25:36 PM
I'm unimportant, therefore, my title

*shrugs*

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 02-26-2004 11:28:30 PM
I used to have a big, annoying, pink title which Abbi took a dislike to because it screwed up the streamlined coolness of the boards.

So I picked this. Because marshmallows rock.

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 02-26-2004 11:33:59 PM
Quite awhile back...goodness, has it been two years already!? ...I ran out of drawing paper. Upon returning from the store with a new sketchbook, I proclaimed on the boards that I was as giddy as a schoolgirl.
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
New Age Bane
Waste Management Crisis
posted 02-26-2004 11:34:38 PM
I posted alot.
What am I supposed to in here again? Oh yes something witty and oh so pretty!
Maradon!
posted 02-26-2004 11:34:42 PM
Ja`Deth brainstormed this one one day.

I can't remember at all what the context was.

Mog
not really a mmembe rof tis boered
posted 02-26-2004 11:36:55 PM
My old title was is member of the board spelled worng (as it was the old title for everyone instea dof untiled, btus pelt right) then it got changed to george w. bush, becouse parce acuesed me of secretly being bush in disuise, then nin a title threat i siad i leikd my odl title more, and try dismember a bunch of memebrs, so i ended up oen of htem

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
nem-x
posted 02-26-2004 11:37:09 PM
whaaaaat isss gooooooing oooon
Mog
not really a mmembe rof tis boered
posted 02-26-2004 11:37:35 PM
quote:
New Age Bane had this to say about the Spice Girls:
I posted alot.

about hte disposol of soemthing you forgot to mention =p

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
Koska Kintaro
Not Banned Yet
posted 02-26-2004 11:40:22 PM
I used this account when my primary account was laiden with "The Marashroud", which was sorta like an older version of what it looks like when you put someone on ignore, except instead of "You have ignored this person click here" it said "This post may contain extreme stupidity, click at your own risk." That was earned back in the day when I constantly whined about Necromancers.

So I switched to this account and Drysart gave me this title as a hint

Then I switched back to my old account because I didn't mind the shroud so much, but people were annoyed by it and started a petition to have it taken away.

Arttemis
Not Squire... but a guitar!
posted 02-26-2004 11:41:27 PM
My name used to be "Squier", like the guitar. There was like a conversation asking whether I had typoed or something.
Sean
posted 02-26-2004 11:42:36 PM
My title has no origin, yet it is custom.

I have never made a claim to be Sean Connery, nor have I ever imitated him on the boards. . .It just showed up one day.

I asked not from where it came, nor why, I just held it to my breast as a mother would her child and gave it love.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Ezvien
Owes Drysart $40
posted 02-26-2004 11:43:27 PM
"20 bucks says I dont have a title."

"Member is your title."

"20 bucks says I dont have a CUSTOM title."

*poof*

*lurk*
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 02-26-2004 11:44:56 PM
quote:
Koska Kintaro had this to say about Punky Brewster:
I used this account when my primary account was laiden with "The Marashroud", which was sorta like an older version of what it looks like when you put someone on ignore, except instead of "You have ignored this person click here" it said "This post may contain extreme stupidity, click at your own risk." That was earned back in the day when I constantly whined about Necromancers.

So I switched to this account and Drysart gave me this title as a hint

Then I switched back to my old account because I didn't mind the shroud so much, but people were annoyed by it and started a petition to have it taken away.

I still demand it be put back in place.

Just because I liked clicking on it, and I don't wanna ignore anyone to get the same effect.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 02-26-2004 11:45:47 PM
I forget.

But it's a good explination.

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 02-26-2004 11:47:01 PM
Illanae was recruiting stooges for one of her evil plots. I said "Hay, can I be a stooge?" Think I was the first one. My request was caught at the time (wont say who) and I have been branded with stooge-dom ever since.
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Suddar
posted 02-26-2004 11:48:18 PM
My first and definitely best known was "SUDAR WILAMS" because of a joke started by Kildarre and Arttemis way back in ye olden times. I believe it was them, anyway. Mostly Kildarre, because he was a nutcase.

This one was due to the titling game. Mouse it over, baby.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 02-26-2004 11:49:00 PM
I my deviant!

Twas bestowed apon me out of truth.. I do infact, love my deviant.

Mr. Duck
Likes to ____!
posted 02-26-2004 11:51:05 PM
One of the mods is a poet and just don't know it.
Maradon!
posted 02-26-2004 11:53:31 PM
quote:
Suddaring:
My first and definitely best known was "SUDAR WILAMS" because of a joke started by Kildarre and Arttemis way back in ye olden times. I believe it was them, anyway. Mostly Kildarre, because he was a nutcase.

This one was due to the titling game. Mouse it over, baby.

Sweet Williams

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 02-26-2004 11:57:13 PM
I can't remember. I think it was along the lines of pointing out (repeatedly) the fact that when Drysart said he was going to do somthing, it never happend or happened according to Drysart time.

"It's going to be done in July!" "Of which year?"

Suddar
posted 02-26-2004 11:57:20 PM
quote:
Verily, Maradon the Dumbleton doth proclaim:
Sweet Williams

Actually, I think it'd be closer to "Sweaty Williams," roughly anyway.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 02-26-2004 11:57:52 PM
Hey, Maradon finally fixxed the jerk in his chair spinning gif!
Maradon!
posted 02-26-2004 11:58:24 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Delphi Aegis booooze lime pole over bench lick:
Hey, Maradon finally fixxed the jerk in his chair spinning gif!

Wasn't me.

The Flying Zebra
Sexist
posted 02-27-2004 12:02:28 AM
I lacked the ability to spell sexiest. Now you know and knowing is half the battle.
Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 02-27-2004 12:06:36 AM
I would tell you, but chances are, you can't read.

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 02-27-2004 12:16:32 AM
We were discussing titles in IRC. Several people were like "yeah, I don't need a custom title, I'm fine with being Member!"

I said "I'm proud of my member"

there you have it.

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 02-27-2004 12:24:08 AM
I've had it forever it seems...

Some thread, Kloie and I were going back and forth about my member status liking me or not.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 02-27-2004 12:27:28 AM
quote:
Trent had this to say about (_|_):
I've had it forever it seems...

Some thread, Kloie and I were going back and forth about my member status liking me or not.

*still thinks it should be "Proff Snape"*

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 02-27-2004 12:29:52 AM
I am pretty forgetful because of medications, but I think mine came from IRC.
Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 02-27-2004 12:31:43 AM
There were a bunch of ya people with member used oddly in titles for awhile.

My own title I got when someone saw my sig and made my title a variant of it.

Nothing special, but still cool.

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Lashanna
noob
posted 02-27-2004 12:37:38 AM
Drysart got bored, and started experimenting with code.

My title was born (Hit Refresh if you don't understand.)

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: