EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: EverCrest's Flamewarrior
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 01-19-2004 11:33:03 PM
This is our competition. The rules are simple.

1. Your flame can be about any subject, be any length and in whatever style you like. There are no rules, no sacred subjects, no taboos. Just go for whatever you do.

There's no collaboration between judges. We'll just sort of post whatever we feel when we feel like it. Just flame as you usually do, treat it like a usual flamewar.

Suggested Topics (for those that are clueless)
1. Somthor
2. Religions
3. George W. Bush
4. Letting n00bs into the community
5. Moderators and their jobs
6. Usual whines from EC

Go whenever you're ready.

Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 01-20-2004 12:06:29 AM
I do not understand people who aredently support George W. Bush.

With all of the TONS of problems he's created, what has he done to benefit the nation?

He took us to war with Iraq - which, while it was nessecary, and I do not have any qualms about admitting that, he did it under false pretenses.

He's fucking the enviorment up one side and down the other, and spending most of his time in the white house helping the rich companies who helped fund his campaign.

Maradon!
posted 01-20-2004 12:29:52 AM
quote:
Gikk Model 2000 was programmed to say:
I do not understand people who aredently support George W. Bush.

With all of the TONS of problems he's created, what has he done to benefit the nation?

Stocks are rising despite a terrorist attack and a war (and the recession that started under the clinton administration), terrorist nations are throwing up their hands in surrender, and I don't care about the environment and never will.

What problems again?

Granted, I'm not a supporter of Bush on any way shape or form, it's just many of the ideals I support happen to coincide with the actions of the Bush administration, and it really pisses me off when people go "this president caused so many problems" and really don't even know what problems there are or how they're associated with the president, like you evidently don't.

Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 01-20-2004 01:05:22 AM
At the bottom of this page is a table.

Now... it looks fine and dandy, right?

Look again.

He's creating a new, lower tax bracket for (in single households) $0 - $6000.

What about individuals up to 27,500? They get nothing. The working poor get no tax break. They stay at 15% - but that's not something you'll hear about on the news.

quote:
Bush loves to talk about the savings that a typical family will receive as a result of his plan. In Bush's mind America comprises nothing but these "typical" families: a married couple, their two children, and a $50,000 income. This family would save $1,500 on the reduction of its rates from 28 percent to 25 percent and another $1,000 because Bush wants to double the child credit from $500 to $1,000 (an unobjectionable cut, really). But a married couple with no children (or grown children) making just $4,800 less would receive a slightly different amount: zilch. How many typical American families make $45,200 or less? How are they different from families making $50,000? What horrible crimes did they commit that makes them deserve no tax relief after Bush said again and again during the campaign that "all Americans deserve fair tax relief"?

And then you get silly things like this: U.S. challenges global obesity report.

Do you want me to post all the other things? He's weasel-y. How high is the national debt? How much higher is he driving it?

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 01-20-2004 01:33:57 AM
No one president can solve the old problems faster than new ones can present themselves.

The idea MIGHT be that if you make less than 6000 dollars a year every fucking penny counts, while if you make 27k you have a little more financial freedom.

I live in a nuclear family :-/ And do you honestly expect it to be possible to have a perfect break without going to a flat tax? Flat tax = highly unlikely while still being desireable.

The national debt is fubared :-/

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Zair
The Imp
posted 01-20-2004 01:39:54 AM
This, and Bush's massive government spending make me wonder how he still has nigh 100% approval from conservatives.
Suddar
posted 01-20-2004 01:47:04 AM
You people aren't even flaming, goddamn. Put some spirit into it. Even I'm bored by this.
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 01-20-2004 01:47:52 AM
Seriously, dudes. Facts are well and good, but you need to have some fury behind your words.
Vernaltemptress
Withered and Alone
posted 01-20-2004 01:56:03 AM
quote:
So quoth Gikk:
What about individuals up to 27,500? They get nothing. The working poor get no tax break. They stay at 15% - but that's not something you'll hear about on the news.

Incomplete information here. That's 15% before exemptions, including the child tax break.

Plus, people in the lower tax brackets usually qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit.

What I'd like to see is a table that shows the average tax percentage paid in each tax bracket after exemptions.

Obamanomics: spend, tax, and borrow.
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 01-20-2004 04:16:18 AM
Parce.. your flame war sucks!

boo...

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 01-20-2004 04:41:41 AM
Okay, that's pretty weak so far. But the competition is young. Try adding some variety to the topics, and feel free to use people like Trent as cannon fodder. If they want to talk shit about your flaming abilities, let them know who's boss.

And throw some personal attacks in there. Go after weight, social life, lack of poontang, ANYTHING!

Fuck, you can even use me for a goddamn reference. Just spice this shit up, you cocksucking faggots. I feel like I'm raising a bunch of interior decorators here.

Vernaltemptress
Withered and Alone
posted 01-20-2004 05:14:24 AM
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.

-- Plato

Who are you?

Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 01-20-2004 07:40:42 AM
quote:
Vernaltemptress had this to say about pies:
Incomplete information here. That's 15% before exemptions, including the child tax break.

Plus, people in the lower tax brackets usually qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit.

What I'd like to see is a table that shows the average tax percentage paid in each tax bracket after exemptions.

Damn, you beat me to it.

Yeah, as being one of those less that 27,000 income families getting a $4K return this year who can attest to what's been said. Gikk is feeding in to anti-Bush propaganda and misinformation. When you can bring up some unbiased, uniform statistics, maybe you'll have more of a leg to stand on.

I am a supporter of no one either, but I can tell you this, under Clinton we never had a tax return break $700. Under Bush we have broken a grand every year. So, dig a little deeper.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Peter
Pancake
posted 01-20-2004 09:00:38 AM
quote:
Vernaltemptress was naked while typing this:

Maybe I am reading this wrong, but that chart is based on taxable income, Which is how much you made after takeing your deductions away...and 27,050 would not be what I call the working poor, a bi-weekly paycheck would come out to be around $1,127, Even in this state that is something you can easily live off of, and NJ is a High Cost of living state.

[ 01-20-2004: Message edited by: Pyscho_Pike ]

Vernaltemptress
Withered and Alone
posted 01-20-2004 09:21:47 AM
Uh, no.

Taxable income is your total income for the year subject to taxes. Adjusted gross income is your total income after leftover after exemptions.

can you please fix my title
posted 01-20-2004 09:23:58 AM
quote:
Faelynn LeAndris had this to say about Duck Tales:
Damn, you beat me to it.

Yeah, as being one of those less that 27,000 income families getting a $4K return this year who can attest to what's been said. Gikk is feeding in to anti-Bush propaganda and misinformation. When you can bring up some unbiased, uniform statistics, maybe you'll have more of a leg to stand on.

I am a supporter of no one either, but I can tell you this, under Clinton we never had a tax return break $700. Under Bush we have broken a grand every year. So, dig a little deeper.

I ponder how many people who are subsidised through the government with free school lunches for thier kids, WIC, Food Stamps and EIC other programs really are entiled to that extra tax credit?

most werent under the previous tax laws. Bush fiddled with them to BUY votes.

I'm not against a hard working couple getting a little extra back in taxes. I am against the thought of the scum we have around here who drive ford expidetions/explores live in a rat hole and pay for it with your tax dollars. (and we have LOTS)

Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 01-20-2004 09:35:10 AM
quote:
Zair had this to say about Punky Brewster:
This, and Bush's massive government spending make me wonder how he still has nigh 100% approval from conservatives.

read and learn, my child.

also

[ 01-20-2004: Message edited by: Neo-Blindy ]

On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Faelynn LeAndris
posted 01-20-2004 09:36:20 AM
quote:
Somthor had this to say about Captain Planet:
I ponder how many people who are subsidised through the government with free school lunches for thier kids, WIC, Food Stamps and EIC other programs really are entiled to that extra tax credit?

most werent under the previous tax laws. Bush fiddled with them to BUY votes.

I'm not against a hard working couple getting a little extra back in taxes. I am against the thought of the scum we have around here who drive ford expidetions/explores live in a rat hole and pay for it with your tax dollars. (and we have LOTS)

I could get into this, and give you a very good breakdown of just about everything you have said, but seeing as how we live isn't exactly something to be brought up I really can't.

However, the working-poor syndrome does not just apply to those who are sapping the governments income. We currently are a part of all those programs you listed, and I'd rather not be called scum. Thanks.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Peter
Pancake
posted 01-20-2004 09:43:45 AM
quote:
Vernaltemptress had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
Uh, no.

Taxable income is your total income for the year subject to taxes. Adjusted gross income is your total income after leftover after exemptions.

Ahh...I was just going by the disclaimer at the bottom of that chart which said

quote:
* Taxable income is income less deductions and personal exemptions
Faelynn LeAndris
posted 01-20-2004 09:45:35 AM
quote:
Pyscho_Pike attempted to be funny by writing:
[QB][/QB]

Exactly, read the line.

It's Income before (less) Deductions, and Exemptions.

My LAUNCHCast Station
Zair
The Imp
posted 01-20-2004 09:51:12 AM
quote:
Neo-Blindy had this to say about Cuba:
Stuff

Thanks for sharing, but to clarify.......

1) I didn't really state whether I personally agree with Bush's proposal

2) Bush's proposal was about legalizing the illegal immigrants in this country, not about paying them equally

3) wtf, didn't that site (maddox) used to be funny?

4)Bush's stand on this issue seems noticably non-conservative as they are traditionally harder on illegal immigrants

5) It seems like more of a thinly veiled attempt to garner more hispanic votes in 2004 than genuine "compassionate conservatism"

Blindy
posted 01-20-2004 10:07:59 AM
quote:
If only Zair hadn't said this:
Thanks for sharing, but to clarify.......

1) I didn't really state whether I personally agree with Bush's proposal

2) Bush's proposal was about legalizing the illegal immigrants in this country, not about paying them equally

3) wtf, didn't that site (maddox) used to be funny?

4)Bush's stand on this issue seems noticably non-conservative as they are traditionally harder on illegal immigrants

5) It seems like more of a thinly veiled attempt to garner more hispanic votes in 2004 than genuine "compassionate conservatism"

Uhm, if you give them temporary work permits, why the hell would you legalize paying them less. that would be tantamount to giving the government rubber stamp to firing americans and hiring foreigners for labor to lower costs, and so stupid that even GW couldn't do it.

posted 01-20-2004 10:10:35 AM
TAX break info

quote:
Important to parents -- and to the economy
"The timing of the tax cut is perfect," says Sung Won Sohn, chief economist for Wells Fargo Banks in Minneapolis. "It's one of the reasons why we are projecting the economy will perk up in the third quarter, hopefully averaging over 4% at an annual rate."

President Bush, in an indication of how important the checks are politically and economically, went to Philadelphia, where the first of them were printed.

here is a example of Bush buying votes, it was done with the express intent to make his numbers look good. Robbing peter to pay paul. By that I mean he is doing as the romans did giving bread to the poor so they dont care how he runs the government. People forget or simple dont care that that money comes from somplace. he was supposed to be decreasing the national debt and the federal deficit.

Now I know SOME people will imeaditly say WAIT i'm poor I didnt get anything I pay too much in taxes I DESERVE A BREAK etc etc. The lowest income tax-paying category already got the largest tax cut of any group when the 2001 bill slashed their tax rate by 33 percent -- from 15 to 10 percent. Thats where that whole 300/600 rebate comes from.

Then again some low income people Dont pay taxes. They get EIC and all those others subisties from the government. Bush fiddles with the tax laws after a unwarnented outcry that they should get this extra money too, even though they dont pay anything to begin with.

people who dont pay
taxes

quote:
(with editing)The Shrinking Pool of Taxpayers Gets Smaller Under Bush Plan.
Plan increases the number of zero filers by 3.8 million, to nearly 40 million

"Although Bush touted the fact that the average tax bill would shrink $1,083, almost half of all filers would get reductions of less than $100, according to the left-leaning Center on Budget and Policy Priorities."

The reason this statement is misleading is that the people who make up "almost half of all filers" owe almost no income taxes to begin with. Indeed, this year, 35.7 million tax filers (representing 69.6 million people) will have a zero tax liability. That is 26.7 percent of the roughly 133 million expected tax returns this year.

In 1996, by contrast, 29.4 million filers (24.5%) had a zero tax liability. This means that the 1997 tax cuts and the 2001 tax cuts (EGTRRA) removed 6.3 million filers from the tax rolls.

The bottom line is that it is impossible to give income tax relief to people who do not pay income taxes. Unfortunately, when Congress’s Joint Tax Committee, or economists at Washington think tanks, calculate the distributional impact of the President’s plan on "taxpayers," they do so on the entire universe of 133 million tax filers – including the 36 million who do not have a tax liability.

[ 01-20-2004: Message edited by: Somthor ]

Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Zair
The Imp
posted 01-20-2004 10:15:31 AM
quote:
Neo-Blindy had this to say about Duck Tales:
Uhm, if you give them temporary work permits, why the hell would you legalize paying them less. that would be tantamount to giving the government rubber stamp to firing americans and hiring foreigners for labor to lower costs, and so stupid that even GW couldn't do it.

I wasn't talking about how much illegal immigrants should be paid at all. You are the one who brought that up, and I didn't even respond to it except to say that it wasn't what I was talking about. See #2.

My point is that I'm still trying to figure out what your posted article had to do with mine...

[ 01-20-2004: Message edited by: Zair ]

posted 01-20-2004 10:21:14 AM
quote:
Faelynn LeAndris stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
I could get into this, and give you a very good breakdown of just about everything you have said, but seeing as how we live isn't exactly something to be brought up I really can't.

However, the working-poor syndrome does not just apply to those who are sapping the governments income. We currently are a part of all those programs you listed, and I'd rather not be called scum. Thanks.

you didnt read the post, you obviously scaned it saw what you wanted to see. I too do this alot, quickly read somthing and miss some important details.

quote:
I'm not against a hard working couple getting a little extra back in taxes. I am against the thought of [/b]the scum we have around here[/b] who drive ford expidetions/explores live in a rat hole and pay for it with your tax dollars. (and we have LOTS)

looking at the above I state I'm not against hard working people getting a break. I am certian you fall into this catagory. its followed by the phrase the SCUM around here. which means unless you live in the Tampa Bay area (and you are not a hard working person)I'm not talking about you. Futher it adds the people I'm calling scum are buying expensive cars off the income these subsities provide. Again unless you are missusing your assistance to buy expensive cars I wasnt talking to or about you.

OK?

Blindy
posted 01-20-2004 10:23:43 AM
quote:
When Zair says stuff like this, it proves there isn't a god:
I wasn't talking about how much illegal immigrants should be paid at all. You are the one who brought that up, and I didn't even respond to it except to say that it wasn't what I was talking about. See #2.

My point is that I'm still trying to figure out what your posted article had to do with mine...

Generally the argument conservitives have against immigrants is that they are taking american jobs because they work for less money under the table.

Zair
The Imp
posted 01-20-2004 10:28:59 AM
quote:
From the book of Neo-Blindy, chapter 3, verse 16:
Generally the argument conservitives have against immigrants is that they are taking american jobs because they work for less money under the table.

My point is that why have immigration laws at all if someone can gain citizen status just by sneaking in and getting a job.

It is a worse idea than Gray Davis's terrible idea of giving illegal immigrants drivers liscenses.

posted 01-20-2004 10:34:58 AM
whats worse they want to give them unemployment benifits and welfare benifits as well. Simply put if you are here in the US illegaly you should be incarcerated until such time as your country of orgion is determented, processed so we have a record that you were here. then deported with a bill for all costs sent to your home nation.

If you employ illegals you should under go the same process as above(sent to the country of orgion of your illegal workers) and you can figure out how to get back here.

Lets get tough, defend our national borders. Citzenship is a privledge to be earned not stolen in the night.

Blindy
posted 01-20-2004 10:37:09 AM
quote:
From the book of Zair, chapter 3, verse 16:
My point is that why have immigration laws at all if someone can gain citizen status just by sneaking in and getting a job.

It is a worse idea than Gray Davis's terrible idea of giving illegal immigrants drivers liscenses.

Being a citizen entitles you to alot more than legally working. The plan calls more for a worker's visa type of deal than handed out citizenship.

Mod
Pancake
posted 01-20-2004 11:10:38 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Zair said this:

Actually that's the most sensical thing I read by Bush ever. Look at it, you have a shitload of people in the country that work illegaly. Rounding them all up in a ham-handed European immmigration approach would cost you a ton of money, probably more than the benefits they get by being here. Once they've worked legally and are on file it's much easier to keep track of them (note that the homeland security department is in charge of this and not whatever you call your labor ministry) and eventually deport them if needed.

Once they're legally employed they pay taxes and thus actually earn the country money, they earn it more money than citizens working would since they don't recieve the full benefits of paying taxes in return (retirement, etc).

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.

posted 01-20-2004 11:16:48 AM
yes but thats a potential job a legal citizen might have had. The employer has a incentive to still hire them becuse they dont have to worry about labour laws per sec. after all they are illgal so if the employer wants to discriminate or not provide the best working enviroment the illgals cant complain, where a legal one could and likly would.
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 01-20-2004 11:17:33 AM
Please get married.
Blindy
posted 01-20-2004 11:23:28 AM
quote:

why would they hire someone who can barely speak english when they can get an native english speaker for the same price? The only incentive companies have to hire illegal citizens is that they work for dirt. If you force them to pay minimum wage (by making the illegal imigrants want to register with homeland security and make minimum wage), then it's just freaking retarded to hire them over an american.

If anything, this will secure more jobs for americans.

&nbsp;
posted 01-20-2004 11:30:45 AM
I disagree becuse the illegals have no rights per sec here. thus the employer while having to pay minimum wage can exploit them in other ways. No benifits poor working conditions forced working off the clock etc etc since the illgals dont have rights thye cant really say hey im being mistreated for frear of being deported.

Illgals in any event should not be allowed to work here in any fashion All this is doing is telling the people of the world who dont want to follow the established immigration rules that if thye can just get here we will bend over and hand them some vasiline.

I dont want people here who didnt go through INS. if they wont respect our immingration laws what other laws will they choose to ignore.

[ 01-20-2004: Message edited by: Somthor ]

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 01-20-2004 11:36:33 AM
Somthor for KKK '04!
(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 01-20-2004 12:24:36 PM
Jesus fucking Christ, this thread has all the intensity of Delphi's sex life with two broken hands. Did any of you useless scrotum-suckers even read the purpose of the thread? Yes, Bush, a.k.a. "Dubya", "Hitler", "Unilateral Warmonger" or whatever the liberal sacks of shit with no grasp on politics are calling him nowadays was a proposed topic. However that was for flaming. And not the type of flaming 90% of the men in this thread are guilty of, I'm referring to the entertaining kind.

So, in a generous effort to help the rest of you, I will go down Parce's oh-so-intelligent list of clichestopics in a futile hope to get the ball rolling. Though with as slow as most of you jizzstains are it'll probably be more like molasses rolling uphill.

1. Somthor: I speak for the majority of the boards when I say this. Please die. Preferably in an excrutiating manner that will cause some amusement to all of us, proving God really does love us. You are like a black hole, except instead of matter you are formed solely of stupidity... so dense that no intelligent thought can go anywhere near you for fear of being completely destroyed.

2. Religions: Or should I just call it hypocrisy? Because in the case of organized religion, that's all it is. There's nothing wrong with believing any religion, but do so from your own choices, not blindly following whatever the priest/rabbi/whatever tells you. Most of history's worst atrocities have been carried out in the name of God, mostly due to the "devout" picking and choosing which parts of the Bible/Torah/Quran (And I'm aware I probably butchered the spelling of that one) to follow in order to suit their own agendas. Yet the masses followed them, out of idiotic fear of superstitions.

3. George W. Bush: OMG Bush is a nazi and hitler and he kills babies and he is a monkey that ruined the economy and started wars and thats why nobody likes us because we drop bombs on iraqi babies which we shouldnt do. Yes... we've heard those well-thought-out arguments before. Over.. and over.. and over... When any of you have any political experience, any idea of what it's like dealing with foreign powers, or an economics degree, you can come back and talk about his policies, warmongering, and economy respectively.

4. Letting n00bs into the community: Oho 0=o I am so l33t haha. Here's the thing. Unless you're including trolls and the illiterat AOL kiddies that won't be staying more than 2 weeks, they aren't really any different than people that've been here awhile. Sure most of them deserve to have a car battery hooked up to their scrotum, but most of the older people are no better than the noobs that stay, Somthor exluded.

5. Moderators: What moderators? With Drysart's smurf policy in full force, everyone is so afraid of saying anything mean outside a flame thread that they'll get banned that we haven't had a thread modded since Somthor's brilliant 'Wal-mart = satan' or whatever the fuck it was titled. Even that was a piss-poor attempt.

6. Usual whines from EC: This could easily fill a few pages, so I'll make this quick, both for my sanity and your limited attention spans. You fucksticks whine about EVERYTHING. You whine when people post pictures. You call them attention whores. You whine when people talk about any sort of feeling they may be having, whether it be happy, angry, sad, it doesn't matter. You whine about the latest games not inducing orgasms at mere sight. You whine about people flaming. You whine about people whining for fuck's sake! Do me a favor and go play with a plastic grocery bag. You can tie it around your face like a little mask.

Now then, can somebody else try too?

Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 01-20-2004 12:28:07 PM
It's a flamewar, asshats. You all suck at it. GET OUT OF THE THREAD.

Parce, maybe you should make a general statement next time for people to flame initially so these assmonkeys could do a better job of keeping their shit from stinking up the thread.

Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 01-20-2004 12:31:08 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Sakkra wrote:
Now then, can somebody else try too?

I posted before I read this. BETTER.

Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 01-20-2004 12:35:57 PM