EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Worst D&D pranks played
Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 05-31-2002 09:09:29 PM
Once... I was playing a Human Fighter/Rogue/Cleric.... we had just been cursed so I pulled out a scroll of greater restoration (bad idea.. cleric level was 3) and I got screwed over... I transfered the curse.. but it wasnt the whole curse.. just part of it... so I was stupid and said to the DM "That all you got?"... it was the stupidest thing I had done ever... I ended up being a writhing mass of bones and skin unable to lift myself (had like a 1 str) so I basically died.... well the Druid casted Reincarnate on me... and there was a Satyr in the party... so guess what I popped up as? thats right... a Nymph... what about you all.. whats the worst that you have done/have had done to you?
Delphi Aegis
Pancake
posted 05-31-2002 09:11:47 PM
I had to change my alignment from CG to CN (Cos CE would be bad for my party, also neutrality or lawfulness) to gain 50k xp from a deck of many things.
Delphi
I walk in the Light
Facing the Darkness Boldly
I fear no Evil
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 05-31-2002 09:15:53 PM
You had to be there.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Delphi Aegis
Pancake
posted 05-31-2002 09:16:37 PM
Well, it IS the worst thing that happened to me.

Save for the door that I tried to break down that just so happened to be a mimic that almost killed me.

Delphi
I walk in the Light
I fear no Evil
Now with Chibi-Mr. T!
It's Chibi-rific!
posted 05-31-2002 09:20:31 PM
My cousins trying to help me learn to play.

-_-;

Myrg
"EQ. Sleep. EQ or sleep. Hmm..."
Waisztarroz
I love democracy
posted 05-31-2002 09:32:53 PM

[ 05-31-2002: Message edited by: Grand Sorceror Waisztarroz ]

Yes, that's right, hot live sex!
There's a raptor behind you.
Resident grammar whore.
Warning, flames imminent!
Dr Cysa
Angsty Mcangst
posted 05-31-2002 09:35:54 PM
Ignore Waisz's post.

I once was testing a mace for its magical ability. We couldn't figure out what it did so I tested it out on our ranger. Well you see, it turned out to be a mace of decrepidation...and I rolled a twenty. permanent - 6 to strength and -4 to dexterity.

I don't discriminate...I hate everyone.
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 05-31-2002 09:38:07 PM
How do we find out what this does?

*WHACK*

Ranger shrivels and withers.

Uh oh..

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 05-31-2002 09:39:48 PM
Funny... but None can top my Nymph/Satyr horrors though...
Faeth Es'Braewyn
No Breasts. :(
posted 05-31-2002 09:42:12 PM
Ask my group sometime...

They have plenty of reason to hate me.

"Born of fire, forged with steel, I am the hunter that you know, but will never see..."
Delphi Aegis
Pancake
posted 05-31-2002 09:45:36 PM
quote:
Now with Chibi-Mr. T! stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
My cousins trying to help me learn to play.

-_-;

Ever play EQ to any decent extent? You'll probably do well.

Once you get past the VERY complicated (Or so it seems) process of actually creating a character, and get a chance to play (Making a mistake here and there, of course.), its really easy.
And the DM makes or breaks your experience.

Delphi
I walk in the Light
I fear no Evil
Faeth Es'Braewyn
posted 05-31-2002 09:46:44 PM
I played a Ranger afraid of the water trapped in a cave surrounded by the ocean. I made a raft out of a tabletop and some old barrels. I thought it was an igenious idea. DM desided he didn't want me leaving the cave yet, and attacked me with a water elemental which destroyed my boat. Me and my kittie drowned.
"Born of fire, forged with steel, I am the hunter that you know, but will never see..."
Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 05-31-2002 09:51:02 PM
I found it humorous when those mole things from 2nd Edition attacked the party.

The party killed all but one, which latched onto one of the players legs.

The genious fighters decided to hack it off with his battle axe.

Killed the mole in one swing, but chopping off the poor guys leg. He died pretty fasr afterwards

Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 05-31-2002 10:11:35 PM
I had a DM who didn't like me, nor the fact that I had worked to get a character over level 7.... so he devised a cursed scroll for me.

Upon reading it my character's body fell apart... literally. Organs here, my brain there, my eyes in two different places. Then a voice told me that in order for me to remove the curse I had to go on a quest with absolutely NO HELP. Then I was asked to tear up my character sheet; my character was essentially dead as he couldn't complete any quest in his state....

Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 05-31-2002 10:19:38 PM
I pulled the 'Head of Vecna' trick on a group of my players once.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 05-31-2002 10:24:12 PM
I tore one character sheet (my Star Wars character's character sheet) in half when he was killed by an unfortunate Lightsaber. I never ever did it again.

Funny story...hmmm...As a GM I did some terrible things to deserving players. I had one group early on where I had this incredibly horny teenager in the group of players (his cousin was in the group, and was cool, and this guy came to visit so I included him). For like a month's worth of games, he was hitting on everything and trying to bang everything in sight. Eventually I got fed up and gave him a girlfriend. He was happy and lording it over other players' heads right up til he found out she was an illusion-disguised lich and he'd gotten a nasty case of mummy rot to the groin.

Never came to play much after that.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Faeth Es'Braewyn
posted 05-31-2002 10:25:18 PM
Hmm on my players I pulled...

Innocent girl destroys village, and it's all your fault.

Amung others.

I am a cruel, heartless bastard...

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 05-31-2002 10:27:40 PM
Ooooo!

Deth isn't on, so I get to tell his story!

Deth was DMing a group before. One of the guys in the party had a gf, and this other player bitched and bitched and bitched about getting a girlfriend.

Well Deth gave him a girlfriend finally. Only it turned out she was a lich. And the guy ended up with mummy rot on his you-know-what.

In our current game, one of the monsters we had attack us was-damnit, the name escapes me- well, it was in the form of one of our player's armor, and then it came alive, slid off her, and we had to fight it, and she had to fight it nekkid.

Damn you, Deth! I was telling that!

[ 05-31-2002: Message edited by: Lyinar Ka`Bael ]

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 05-31-2002 10:29:53 PM
hehehe... there was once a drow cleric in my party that followed the FR goody drow goddess... her prayer ritual was to dance around naked with a big sword.... and we got jumped while she was in the middle of this one night... one of the NPC's with us got a -4 to attacks because he was starin at her
Arttemis the Rogue
Amethyst's sex toy
posted 05-31-2002 10:30:09 PM
*cough*

Look up, Lyinar.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 05-31-2002 10:34:30 PM
yeah yeah

We were typing at the same time :P

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 05-31-2002 10:36:30 PM
My best pranks involve throwing in custom-made monsters.

It would've been tight if I played my demon a little better against Arttemis and Geeorn

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 05-31-2002 10:39:11 PM
Deth knows all about monsters, especially displacer beasts, don't you Deth?

You shall never live that down

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 05-31-2002 10:45:51 PM
Displacer Beasts suck.

In the first D&D game I ran in IRC, I threw a displacer beast at the party. SHOULD have been a challenge, but it was 2e rules (3e wasn't out yet) and players were very lucky. They kept rolling 20's and such, and I kept rolling ones and twos. So this critter who should've given them a run for their money got its ass soundly and thoroughly beat down.

*sigh* damned displacer beasts

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 05-31-2002 10:47:30 PM
The MAGE hit it with her wrist shooter!

Hehehehehehhee

Btw, do you remember what the name of the armor thingie that was on Ethia was?

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 05-31-2002 10:51:25 PM
One guy I played with ran a GREAT halfling rogue. He was a bounty hunter, and he was with the party going to track down the renowned thief "Tassfoot". He lead us to many clues on Tassfoot's location, and we had many close calls following him.

The joke? Tassfoot had gotten a Polymorph potion, and turned himself into a halfling. Yep, Tassfoot was leading the possie after him into danger time after time after time. All the while making it look like we were hot on his trail.

Little bastard.

[ 05-31-2002: Message edited by: Palador ChibiDragon ]

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 05-31-2002 10:55:54 PM
quote:
How.... Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael.... uughhhhhh:
Displacer Beasts suck.

In the first D&D game I ran in IRC, I threw a displacer beast at the party. SHOULD have been a challenge, but it was 2e rules (3e wasn't out yet) and players were very lucky. They kept rolling 20's and such, and I kept rolling ones and twos. So this critter who should've given them a run for their money got its ass soundly and thoroughly beat down.

*sigh* damned displacer beasts

I've seen something like that before. One game I was in, we went up against a red Dragon. It should have been a very tough fight, but we kept critting and it kept messing up. The GM was bummed, all that hard work down the tubes.

When we went into the central lair itself (we lured it into some of the outer chambers to fight it), it's two hatchlings were there. They should have been no problem for us. Sadly, the luck was reversed in this fight, and we barely survived. The GM's frown was replaced with a huge grin by the time it was over.

The Mature adult Dragon didn't stand a chance, but we got ripped to shreads by a couple of hatchilngs.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 05-31-2002 11:04:43 PM
And no, Lyinar, I don't remember what it was called. Some sort of inhabiting entity. From one of my planescape books.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 05-31-2002 11:06:56 PM
The goo that almost ate Kit was funny, too.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 05-31-2002 11:12:01 PM
I rather enjoyed having a bunch of level 9's being scared out of their wits by a gibbering mouther. They ran and ran and ran from what was essentially a giant gibbering man-eating booger.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 05-31-2002 11:47:33 PM
Funniest thing that happened to our party was recently (month past). Our party's warrior, who was modeled in many ways from Mad Mardigan from Willow, was injured fairly bad, so we used a unmarked potion on him that we thought was a healing potion...turned out it was a love potion. So while our greedy dwarven rogue was off looting the temple's vaults that we where at, my character, a Hiekoyanki(sp) Wu Jen, had went in search for him, leaving our just recovered Warrior with the party's elven rangeress who is very uptight and professional.

As you can guess, the warrior falls in love with the first person of the opposite sex he sees, being the rangeress, then starts spouting line after line of syrupy poetry that has us all just cracking up while the rangeress is just dumb-founded by him, trying to rebuke his claims of undying love, etc.

About the middle of the warrior's promises and vows, me and the dwarf are dragging the booty down from the vault, walking into this hilarous scene. One of the items we found in the vault was a powerful artifact spear possessing a mind and vampiritic abilities. Well me being the absent-minded, curious, innocent little Wu Jen I am, I tried snapping our warrior from his raving by prodding him in the rear with the newly discovered spear that I knew nothing about...it was just supposed to be a light prod, but our DM asked for an attack roll and guess what...I was only off by one from a crit hit.

So our freshly revived warrior who only has a handful of hps at the time goes down again..from a pin prick in his butt. ^.^

[ 05-31-2002: Message edited by: Katrinity ]

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 05-31-2002 11:49:11 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Katrinity said:
I DON'T KNOW, ALEX! WHAT IS A PARAGRAPH?!?!
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 05-31-2002 11:52:02 PM
It's even better when all the female characters in the party are played by guys and the woman PC is smitten with the potion and starts hitting on a player who isn't secure in his sexuality.

Had my friend Lee chasing my friend Leonard around the table professing his love one game. Leonard's secure in his sexuality...but let's just say Lee was very convincing.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 05-31-2002 11:54:18 PM
quote:
Verily, King Parcelan doth proclaim:
[QUOTE]The logic train ran off the tracks when Katrinity said:
[qb]I DON'T KNOW, ALEX! WHAT IS A PARAGRAPH?!?!

[/QB][/QUOTE]

There, happy Mr. Attention Span of a Mayfly?

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 06-01-2002 12:02:52 AM
Adam turned my monk into a turtle before. A sea turtle. Was fun playing a turtle, though.

Guess Lia shouldn't have drank that potion from Riandar's mage tower, huh?

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 06-01-2002 12:07:54 AM
yeah unmarked potions can be tricky.

Lashanna
noob
posted 06-01-2002 12:12:55 AM
Not really a prank, but my brother's Wild Mage had a wild surge occur, and rolled up the Gender Reversal event at a town meeting...

Effected the party and and most of the town, pretty entertaining, me and the other girl spent the rest of the adventure calling the guys "saucy wenches" and ogling and the like....

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Faeth Es'Braewyn
posted 06-01-2002 12:17:08 AM
quote:
Lashanna Model 2000 was programmed to say:
Not really a prank, but my brother's Wild Mage had a wild surge occur, and rolled up the Gender Reversal event at a town meeting...

Effected the party and and most of the town, pretty entertaining, me and the other girl spent the rest of the adventure calling the guys "saucy wenches" and ogling and the like....

I'd be afraid of Kardan if I were you.

He hasn't had any sleep in days, nor time to study his spell book.

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 06-01-2002 12:19:02 AM
whats his arcane spell failure up to now with his armor? 50% or so?
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Faeth Es'Braewyn
posted 06-01-2002 12:25:55 AM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and KaLourin DthBlayde was all like:
whats his arcane spell failure up to now with his armor? 50% or so?

Concidering how long you've been on the move, undue stress, armor, and lack of study. Only 32%

But concidering you are about to level you can raise your Wizard class to nix one of the penalties, and did you decide to keep your armor then? Cause there is always that option....

Although I'd take into concideration where you are.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: