EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: MaraCraft server official thread
Skaw
posted 01-02-2011 11:41:06 PM
Any chance you can edit the boat in the New World to be down in the water, instead of standing on top of it? Just looks real silly.

Also if you need a safe place to hide at night in the new world, not far from the ship is my desert themed inn I'm working on. The lobby is finished, with a near-complete cactus wall outside.

Skaw fucked around with this message on 01-02-2011 at 11:42 PM.

Skaw
posted 01-03-2011 03:24:58 AM
Ok, The New World's first safe area, The Sandy Pick, is mostly up and running. There are some communal chests, crafting tables, and furnaces in the basement of the lobby. The lounge sports a food prep area for cooking(not yet, the furnace needs to be placed,) a chest with wood, fish, wheat, and pork, and a crafting table for making bread as needed. Immediate plans are to build a greenhouse adjacent to The Sandy Pick, accessible through the lounge, as well as more floors.

Thanks go to Vinven for helping with the construction of the road from the dock to the inn itself, as well as the little odds and ends in actually building the place.

Skaw fucked around with this message on 01-03-2011 at 03:25 AM.

Asterisk
Pancake
posted 01-03-2011 03:40:17 AM
The portal back does not seem to work, so we are somewhat stranded.
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 01-03-2011 08:14:04 AM
quote:
We were all impressed when Asterisk wrote:
The portal back does not seem to work, so we are somewhat stranded.

I'll look into this tonight. I'll move the waypoint to new world to the top of the boat when I fix the teleporter to the old world.

I created an emergency waypoint that I didn't tell anybody about in case this happened. All of you can create your own teleporters and waypoints by following the instructions on the runecraft link - there are even video tutorials.

Also, if anyone notices any chunk errors please tell me about them so i can fix them. I'm going to have a maintenance day some time next week where I manually repair them.

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 01-03-2011 at 08:16 AM.

Skaw
posted 01-03-2011 01:09:12 PM
quote:
Ghost of Forums Past wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
I'll look into this tonight. I'll move the waypoint to new world to the top of the boat when I fix the teleporter to the old world.

I created an emergency waypoint that I didn't tell anybody about in case this happened. All of you can create your own teleporters and waypoints by following the instructions on the runecraft link - there are even video tutorials.

Also, if anyone notices any chunk errors please tell me about them so i can fix them. I'm going to have a maintenance day some time next week where I manually repair them.

One of the randomly generated dungeon chunks is jutting in to the sky. Me and Vinven cleared it out already though. We entered through some glass that was touching an adjacent tree in the normal chunks.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 01-03-2011 05:41:13 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Skaw said this:
One of the randomly generated dungeon chunks is jutting in to the sky. Me and Vinven cleared it out already though. We entered through some glass that was touching an adjacent tree in the normal chunks.

What do you think of them? Would you like to see more dungeons? Should I make them harder/easier? What do you think of the treasures?

Note that I can prevent the "jutting into the sky" bit with a checkbox. I only did that because I wanted to make the dungeon huge.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 01-03-2011 06:05:02 PM
I moved the teleporter to the top of the ship as requested. You don't have to use the stairs by the way - if you keep walking straight off the plank you should fall into the water.

As for fixing the teleporter that lead from the old world to the new world - it isn't broken. You have to right click the center-most block for it to work. If you are still having problems send me a PM.

I saw the ranch. I really like what you guys did with the place.

Asterisk
Pancake
posted 01-03-2011 06:08:58 PM
I liked it, traps were nice. Was kind of like a video game all on it's own. Tougher is always better.

Asterisk fucked around with this message on 01-05-2011 at 05:45 PM.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 01-08-2011 11:11:58 PM
View of untapped virgin landscape from one of my safe houses

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 01-09-2011 09:27:35 AM
The first scheduled maintenance will take place on the 29th.

The server will still be online during maintenance but will have an alternate world for the day.

So far the following is planned for the 29th:
- Move the spawn ship into the water. It's a pirate ship, not an airship.
- Fix the chunk error near Innoruuk's tavern.

Are there any other requests?

Maradon!
posted 01-09-2011 01:25:04 PM
Any chance the spawn area could be moved to a safe spot? The ship has monster spawns.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-10-2011 04:07:00 AM
quote:
Maradon! said:
Any chance the spawn area could be moved to a safe spot? The ship has monster spawns.

Zombie pirates.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 01-11-2011 06:23:26 PM
I lit the boat up like a chirstmass tree and we still have a skeleton problem.

What do you think about moving the spawn to the old sandcastle until I find a solution? Or maybe I can steal a safer building than the ship.

Vin~
Crack Dealer
First One's Free!
posted 01-11-2011 11:47:00 PM
I still think spawn should be the beginning of the dungeon.
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 01-12-2011 12:54:57 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Mortious:
Zombie pirates.

Find some cyborg ninjas and the problem will solve itself.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Steven Steve
posted 01-12-2011 06:15:18 PM
I wonder how long it would take to remake the von Braun
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Steven Steve
posted 01-13-2011 06:08:33 PM
I got banned from the Minecraft forum for calling people dumbasses
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 01-14-2011 07:04:41 AM
Runecraft is temporarily offline while the mod makers catch up to the new server version.

quote:

New features:
* Note blocks (right click to tune, trigger to play)
* 15 wool dyes
* A new water dwelling mob
* New tree types
* Reeds magically turned into sugar canes. They still make paper.
* A bunch of new crafting recipes
* One secret useful block
* One secret pretty block
* Cake
* AND MOAR, probably. I forget!

Bugfixes:
* Paintings work in multiplayer
* Disconnecting while riding no longer keeps the player in the world
* A bunch more state is properly synched in multiplayer
* Fixed colors going weird on PowerPC
* Fixed a horrible chunk reload loop in singleplayer
* Fixed most lighting bugs in newly generated SMP maps
* Falling sand behaves better in SMP
* Fixed a few crash on load level bugs

Steven Steve
posted 01-14-2011 04:20:52 PM
This is what I read

New features
*Not multiplayer Nether
*Monsters spawning every damn place

Bugfixes
*Paintings work again
*No Nether

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 01-14-2011 10:30:11 PM
Runecraft should only be offline for a few days.

quote:
Everyone has that problem. Notch's updates always invalidate my code. I really hope I'll have time to update today, but I might not due to excessive schoolwork and studying for my second microsoft certification... maybe zeerix will be able to port it. I'll see if he's willing.
Maradon!
posted 01-14-2011 11:31:35 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Ghost of Forums Past booooze lime pole over bench lick:
studying for my second microsoft certification

I aced that shit and I have never been anything but a C student.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 01-15-2011 05:46:33 AM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about the Spice Girls:
I aced that shit and I have never been anything but a C student.

Please remember the effort he is putting in for us vs the amount of money we are paying him. We owe him nothing yet he feels obligated to provide the best service he can within reason.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 01-15-2011 05:51:16 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Steven Steve wrote:
This is what I read

New features
*Not multiplayer Nether
*Monsters spawning every damn place

Bugfixes
*Paintings work again
*No Nether

Good:
Cake block - http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Cake
Dispenser - http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Dispenser http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNwZhw7evyM
Music Blocks - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEPVYrltke4
Wool Dye - http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Dye
Bug fixes
As you said - paintings

Bad:
Spiders climb - http://syriusphoenix.imgur.com/whyclimbingspidersmessuparchitecture
No nether

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 01-15-2011 at 05:52 AM.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 01-15-2011 07:52:46 AM
quote:
Steven Steve had this to say about (_|_):
I got banned from the Minecraft forum for calling people dumbasses

dumbass

Steven Steve
posted 01-15-2011 11:23:58 PM
quote:
Ghost of Forums Past thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Please remember the effort he is putting in for us vs the amount of money we are paying him. We owe him nothing yet he feels obligated to provide the best service he can within reason.

Yeah well "please remember" we're talking about a guy that brags about being in MENSA here, which was the point. Also it was my understanding that we purchased the final product, and were given early access to test versions, not that we bought the test versions and were graciously being given the final product. In other words we've given him millions of dollars of patronage for a work that's not completed yet. What would have happened to the Renaissance artists if they took time off to study masonry while being sponsored by nobility? We'd never have heard of them, is probably what would happen. My decision to continue buying Mojang products hinges on the development of this game, and quite honestly at this point I wouldn't give enough of a crap to put more money down on another one.

Willias
Pancake
posted 01-16-2011 01:09:16 AM
what the hell are you talking about?

At some point I think you mixed up what the main dev of Minecraft said (Notch) and what was said by the guy who makes whatever the mod is that is run on the EC minecraft server.

quote:
In other words we've given him millions of dollars of patronage for a work that's not completed yet.

And this opinion can go fuck itself. No one told you to spend money on the game, that was your choice. You wanted the early unfinished version of the game, you paid early (and for less) instead of waiting until god knows when the fuck the game would come out. Quit bitching.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-16-2011 04:22:46 AM
Dudes paying for a blockier and less fun version of Second Life ITT.
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 01-16-2011 08:14:01 AM
quote:
Re: Runecraft 2.4.2 - For Beta 1.2_01
by SuperLlama ยป Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:21 am

Sorry about the bugs and wait, it's fixed now in 2.4.2.

Apparently we missed a couple things while porting, sorry for the problems and item loss it may have caused :S

Usually all we do for each port is make a compass and make sure it doesn't crash the server, perhaps we should be more thorough in future testing. Then again we were rushing to get it out... I ended up forgetting to even post that it was released...

I really hope I can get back to working on the mod a lot more. Ever since I started going to college I've had trouble keeping up. The donations I still get now and then are very much appreciated, and I really hope I'll make them worth your while sometime when I get the time to make 3.0. Thanks for being a great community.

The people who are having it crash on start probably used the runecraft_latest.zip which I just now realized that I forgot to update. It's fixed now, just download it over again.

The new version of Runecraft is online.

Mara, what the hell are you talking about?

Steven Steve
posted 01-16-2011 12:20:25 PM
quote:
Verily, Willias doth proclaim:
what the hell are you talking about?

At some point I think you mixed up what the main dev of Minecraft said (Notch) and what was said by the guy who makes whatever the mod is that is run on the EC minecraft server.

And this opinion can go fuck itself. No one told you to spend money on the game, that was your choice. You wanted the early unfinished version of the game, you paid early (and for less) instead of waiting until god knows when the fuck the game would come out. Quit bitching.

Whoa wait.

Wait. Everyone stop.

You mad?

Willias
Pancake
posted 01-16-2011 02:06:15 PM
Yes. I am.
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 01-20-2011 06:31:49 PM
Server is up with the latest versions of Runecraft/Minecraft. The main Minecraft.Net servers were also just upgraded.

edit: Aaannd we are back to the game of leapfrog.

edit2: We're back!

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 01-20-2011 at 08:41 PM.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 01-22-2011 09:28:45 AM
Current map (huge)

http://dent.minecraft-servers.com/~server145/server145_world1_isometric_day_players.png

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 01-22-2011 at 09:29 AM.

Maradon!
posted 01-22-2011 12:52:40 PM
That dungeon looks like the Kaaba at Mecca.
nem-x
posted 01-22-2011 01:30:21 PM
I dont get this game someone explain thanks
Skaw
posted 01-22-2011 01:35:21 PM
quote:
nem-x had this to say about Captain Planet:

Tear down blocks, rearrange blocks to how you see fit.

nem-x
posted 01-22-2011 02:01:14 PM
What do I need to do to get started
nem-x
posted 01-23-2011 07:28:28 AM
I need to buy this? fffffff
Vin~
Crack Dealer
First One's Free!
posted 01-24-2011 01:32:34 AM
There is a few giant square blocks in the land that go down deep. Not sure if you were aware of that or not.
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 01-26-2011 05:48:23 PM
quote:
nem-x had this to say about Tron:

You got it

Maradon!
posted 01-26-2011 09:37:45 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Ghost of Forums Past booooze lime pole over bench lick:
You got it

I don't watch ZP often but any time I do, it's indescribably excellent.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: