EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: MaraCraft server official thread
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 04-08-2011 06:26:07 AM
quote:
Gadani had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
How do I log in to this server? I want to play

Once paypal finishes processing the funds and the server turns the account back on you'll be able to connect to 69.64.81.164

I have no idea how long that will take. I don't know why it takes as long as it does. I'm wondering if paypal just has a policy to sit on the interest for a few days during a transfer or something.

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 04-08-2011 at 06:27 AM.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 04-10-2011 10:39:00 AM
PayPal claims they will finish "processing" my funds around the 13th. Hopefully that'll actually happen and the server will be back online then (or the 14th).

I should have snail mailed a money order...

edit: Server's back up (thanks to our host not wanting me to suffer due to paypal's feet dragging)!

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 04-10-2011 at 12:34 PM.

Gadani
U
posted 04-10-2011 04:07:36 PM
Outdated server
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 04-10-2011 07:50:48 PM
quote:
Gadani was listening to Cher while typing:
Outdated server

Fixed.

Mara - if the server's outdated and I'm not around just login and click the button that says "update server." That will update minecraft and runecraft automatically for us.

If there are updates available the update server link will appear there.

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 04-10-2011 at 07:54 PM.

Gadani
U
posted 04-10-2011 11:05:50 PM
Now I'm just getting "Connection refused: connect"
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 04-11-2011 08:01:30 AM
quote:
Gadani said this about your mom:
Now I'm just getting "Connection refused: connect"

Sorry about that. Just clicked the "reboot server" link - that should take care of things.

Any volunteers want to help me out as another admin? Your job in this task would pretty much involve logging in and clicking a well labeled button.
- Click "reboot server" if needed
- Click "update server" if needed
- Click "backup server" once in a while

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 04-11-2011 at 08:03 AM.

Skaw
posted 04-27-2011 08:14:20 PM
If anyone still plays, I updated the Oceanic Railway to powered rails instead of boosters. All the ripped up Minecart Tracks can be found in Fort Cure's station chests.

All railway ends have signs explaining how to use them, but to expand on it, a cart has to be placed against a solid block if you're using a powered rail as a launcher. The signs are right above the powered rail you need to place the cart on, if you press the buttons to activate the rails and aren't moving, you're not placing them far enough back.

Here's a crude diagram

code:
  S-
[]____

The dash is the button, the brackets are the solid block at the end of the launcher, the S is the sign.

If you want to build your own powered launchers, a section of 4 powered rails will give you maximum velocity. To maintain it, put a single powered rail every 26 blocks(25 regular rail, 1 powered, repeat.) This is assuming flat terrain. Hills you'll either need to space them closer together. Like one every 4-6 blocks, and then a section of 3 or 4 powered rails at the top of the hill too build velocity back up.

Skaw fucked around with this message on 04-27-2011 at 08:25 PM.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 04-27-2011 09:52:01 PM
FYI runes don't work at the moment because there currently isn't a runecraft version that works with 1.5.

Also - the host just pushed out some speed and stability improvements.

edit: I just upgraded to Bukkit. This will allow me to add/remove mods (including runecraft) as I see fit.

Is there anything anyone wants to see? Home protection? Nether gates? Shops? Mail?

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 04-27-2011 at 10:09 PM.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 04-27-2011 10:32:16 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Skaw!
If anyone still plays, I updated the Oceanic Railway to powered rails instead of boosters.

This is some cool shit.

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 04-27-2011 at 10:32 PM.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 04-28-2011 11:18:30 PM

• Runecraft Re-Enabled
  • Heroic Deaths Enabled: Now the whole server can see how you died.
  • McMMO installed! - Level up like WOW.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 04-29-2011 12:04:54 AM
Warning: The Nether is currently buggy as fuck

Use portals at your own risk.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 04-30-2011 12:41:18 PM
Plan on adding NPCs, an economy system, the ability to trade/sell items with NPCs and other players, professions, kill monsters for random drops and money, and the ability to setup towns (which are monster-free).

Also plan on adding multi-world support - players can gate from world to world.

Some of the economy stuff have been implemented but there's still a bit to go.

Vin - I haven't heard back from you and don't have a list of what you lost. If you still play shoot me an e-mail (not PM) and I'll give you enough coinage to purchase the lost items from NPCs.

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 04-30-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 05-03-2011 07:55:00 AM
quote:
Ghost of Forums Past's fortune cookie read:
Warning: The Nether is currently buggy as fuck

Use portals at your own risk.

Official nether support will be added in 1.6. I disabled the nether for now and will let it come back when the game officially supports it.

Maradon!
posted 05-10-2011 12:01:31 AM
Guys I'm coming back to minecraft. Catch me up on the past six months?

And why's the server so laggy?

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 05-10-2011 06:22:57 AM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Pirotess:
Guys I'm coming back to minecraft. Catch me up on the past six months?

And why's the server so laggy?

- Redstone's more useful with repeater blocks
- You can have wolf pets (tamed with bones that skeles drop)
- You can craft beds. If all players are in their beds night turns to day, kinda like Nem's chrono trigger
- Note blocks make music
- Ladders need to be fully connected
- Multiple tree types
- Powered minecart rails
- Multicolored dye for wool
- Paintings work in SMP

The server should not be laggy. I'll check it out tonight if I can. If resetting doesn't work I'll try disabling the mods to see if that's the cause. If that doesn't work I'll contact the admin. If it does I'll find out what mod is the culprit if i have time.

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 05-10-2011 at 06:23 AM.

Skaw
posted 05-11-2011 01:08:30 AM
In addition to ladders needing to be fully connected, the ladder recipe now yields two ladders.
Maradon!
posted 05-11-2011 08:02:39 AM
I finally got your PM diadem, for some reason email alerts weren't working or got spam filtered.

The server was still skipping around last night, with long delays between mining a block and receiving a resource. Also some skeletons were shooting a billion arrows at a crazy old man floating in messianic fashion a little off the ground.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 05-11-2011 07:49:28 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about pies:
I finally got your PM diadem, for some reason email alerts weren't working or got spam filtered.

The server was still skipping around last night, with long delays between mining a block and receiving a resource. Also some skeletons were shooting a billion arrows at a crazy old man floating in messianic fashion a little off the ground.

Sorry for not looking into this earlier - it's been a longer workweek than I expected. I just got home and I'll start disabling mods as I grill up my dinner to see if that does anything.

The NPCs can't do much other than talk to you and look at you at the moment. They don't attack and can't be hurt. There's a much more in depth NPC mod (guards with way-points/hp/faction standing/spawn timers, shops, citizens spawning in towns you can create, etc) I'd like to use but the developer is on vacation and it doesn't currently work with 1.5 - plus each NPC counts as a player so I'm not sure if that goes towards my cap.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 05-11-2011 08:35:33 PM
I made the server as light as possible (even used a small world) and still got some pretty bad lag. Seems to be the server, not my settings.

For now every mod other than runecraft is disabled.

Mara, would you mind talking to the server (politely) about the issue and following up on his updates? You can contact him using the contact link on our server's website. I can do it if you can't, but this it may take a little while for me to schedule the time.

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 05-11-2011 at 08:36 PM.

Maradon!
posted 05-12-2011 11:20:46 PM
Lag seems cleared up, they were apparently having server issues. Chunk loading is still kinda slow but owell.

Commencing grand project.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 05-13-2011 06:02:01 PM
I changed from being a pure Runecraft mod back to being a Bukkit mod with a runecraft plugin.

I also re-enabled heroic deaths. All that does is give flavor text when you die.

I'll slowly re-enabled mods later. This will hopefully let us track to see if things create lag.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 05-14-2011 12:47:09 PM
I threw a bunch of ladders in some chests in epcot center near the old spawn.

Also i threw together an empty epcot center at the old world spawn.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 05-14-2011 07:58:52 PM
First time messing around with Java in about 10 years.

Removed the Citizens NPC plugin (that did nothing but stare at you and talk) and replaced it with NPCX.

I made a few shops near the pirate ship. Mindbender's on the ship itself and buys common goods. Fizban's in the brick house and sells exotic goods. Notch is in one of the wood shops and sells food (though he's a little buggy - only selling mushroom soup at the moment).

The guards patrol high traffic areas and will protect you from hostile NPCs.

I'm hesitant to implement factions until I can think of a reasonable way to get faction points back. I may implement highwaymen that drop loot.

I'm holding off on making too many things buyable/sellable until I see how the economy system works overall.

I plan on making land buyable in the future. I may also hack in the ability to buy guards or merchants and even houses. If you own the land you should be able to set permissions on it (even down to who can enter it, if fire can spread, and the like).

Petco exists in the old spawn but is not populated yet. I'm not sure how I want to handle the buying and selling of wolves. There's a few ways to do it.

I now know how to compile mods and use them from the source - so i can make tweaks if need be.

I've got two requests in queue:
- Make beds heal you
- Let you name your pets

I'm going to start tweaking the permissions soon. I'm probably going to make the ability to extinguish fire public unless anyone can can give me a good reason not to.

The server may go public once I feel that enough anti-griefing mods have been installed. Right now I'm thinking buying land (which will let people protect their own stuff), permissions based chests and doors, and big brother (which will let me roll back any griefing and see who did it) should be enough.

edit: You can see how much cash you have by typing /money

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 05-14-2011 at 11:03 PM.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 05-15-2011 05:05:36 PM
Unless there are any objections I'd like to make the server public next month (or whenever I feel satisfied that the anti-griefing measures are adequate).

I threw together a website for the server. It's currently unfinished but you can check it out at http://ecgames.org/. Evercrest is planned to stay as the official forums for the server.

You can also access the server at minecraft.ecgames.org and mc.ecgames.org if you don't like having to type in the IP address.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: