EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Minecraft
Nina
posted 12-06-2010 01:51:35 PM
I was complaining the other day that the cave complex underneath Obsidian Keep was too simplistic? Well nevermind that, with damage working I've started spelunking and found a branching I hadn't noticed leading far, far into the earth.

All in all, this is way more fun than it was back when zombies and skeletons could only glare at you threateningly. Damage is pretty low though, wearing decorative gold armour I take only half a heart of damage every 2-3 attacks or so. I don't know if that's a general change, or only SMP.

I'll be domesticating these caves as I go, should keep me busy for a while.

Nina
posted 12-06-2010 05:03:34 PM
Somehow I managed to link the cave complex to an already explored one, which eventually led to a loooong 1x2 hallway, into another cave, into eventually another long 1x2 hallway that exited at the so-called "Mining Area" straight next to the metro.

I guess I'm connected to the main hub now.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 12-06-2010 05:36:13 PM
I agree - things are a lot different now that you can die.

I remember when I was out as it was getting dark I was actually a little concerned - when a zombie approached I was wide eyed. After slaying the zombie and barely escaping with my life I fled before more of the walking dead had a hankering for my flesh. There was actually a feeling of relief when I reached Gerbil's Castle and climbed up to skyroad, thanking the stars as I made the way to the safety of my own house to wait out the night.

-----

As for the construction of the railways, I'm going to have to take a pause to plan the best way to complete it. It's also going to have to go slower than I'd like to prevent a death from resulting the loss any tracks again.

The first part is almost finished - the merger of the two major lines: Maradon's line the Tyoko Red Line. Maradon, I'd like to talk to you at some point before I merge the two because I don't want to touch your tower without your permission. I'd like to make a station connected to your ladder and possibly a pool deep enough to allow people to jump in.

The second part is better managing the minecart queue. I want to make it so both stations have a steady supply of minecarts that don't get in the way of the commuter rail.

Mitigation of mobs spawning on the tracks as well as a more efficient use of boosters are also a priority. All future tracks will be built on cobblestone (since obsidian is prohibitively expensive). The reason for this is that I've never seen a friendly mob spawn on cobblestone so that will at least clean up daytime travel while sufficient light should make night time travel safe.

Once that's done I'd like to connect the red line to Tapasland and Nina's.

I'd also like to thank everyone who contributed Iron. I was amazed at the amount that was donated to the Public Works department.

Willias
Pancake
posted 12-06-2010 06:08:52 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Nina:
I was complaining the other day that the cave complex underneath Obsidian Keep was too simplistic? Well nevermind that, with damage working I've started spelunking and found a branching I hadn't noticed leading far, far into the earth.

All in all, this is way more fun than it was back when zombies and skeletons could only glare at you threateningly. Damage is pretty low though, wearing decorative gold armour I take only half a heart of damage every 2-3 attacks or so. I don't know if that's a general change, or only SMP.

I'll be domesticating these caves as I go, should keep me busy for a while.

Armor is bugged, doesn't seem to take any damage, and on top of that the protection it provides is way higher than it should be.

The way armor works btw, is based on the durability of the armor. The lower the durability of a piece of armor, the less it protects. However, Hide Armor is just as good as Diamond Armor in terms of how much it protects. The difference is that Diamond lasts far, far longer than Hide, so it reduces the amount of damage you take for a much longer period of time than Hide armor will.

Or at least that's how it works when armor isn't bugged.

Maradon!
posted 12-06-2010 11:58:22 PM
quote:
Ghost of Forums Pasting:
Maradon, I'd like to talk to you at some point before I merge the two because I don't want to touch your tower without your permission.

Proceed with my full endorsement.

Maradon!
posted 12-08-2010 12:07:52 AM
Server is back up. I um... launched it on the wrong port

Diadem I tried to teleport you and I think I succeded. I died in the process, though, so if you have a ton of my shit in your inventory think nothing of it.

Maradon!
posted 12-12-2010 11:47:17 PM
The server keeps kicking my internet offline. I don't know why. Every time I leave it up for a day, I come back and I have to reboot the cable modem to bring it back up.

Is there anyone else out there willing to run the server, even temporarily?

Asterisk
Pancake
posted 12-13-2010 12:42:43 AM
Pretty sure mines not up to par. I get lag just having 1-2 people on my private server. If you can't find anyone else though I am willing to try it.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-13-2010 05:12:32 AM
Your ISP probably has a no-server policy and their server sniffer found yours and tagged it, so every time you run one they'll boot you off the network.
Maradon!
posted 12-13-2010 06:43:25 AM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Mortious booooze lime pole over bench lick:
Your ISP probably has a no-server policy and their server sniffer found yours and tagged it, so every time you run one they'll boot you off the network.

That sounds like something that the monopolistic fascists at Comcast would do.

Kermitov 2
Pancake
posted 12-13-2010 09:18:07 PM
Still trying to figure out the logic behind how water behaves.

My moat is not going well

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 12-14-2010 05:49:01 PM
So I'm a ghost again. I can't die and I can't pick up dropped items.

I guess I should use that to my advantage and finish off the dangerous parts of the skyroad metro system with no fear of death (falling/mobs/etc).

Maradon!
posted 12-15-2010 07:15:17 PM
diadem how are you playing when the server isn't running

I've been trying to find someone willing to run it because my internet shits itself when I do

Kermitov 2
Pancake
posted 12-18-2010 03:17:25 AM
Hey when you blow stuff up with TNT does it destroy any ores you might otherwise get?
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 12-18-2010 04:06:56 AM
quote:
Maradon! stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
diadem how are you playing when the server isn't running

I've been trying to find someone willing to run it because my internet shits itself when I do

I didn't; this happened after you teleported me.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 12-20-2010 05:48:48 PM
If you don't fix the server by 1:30am EST I am going to blot out the moon. You will watch your precious orb bleed with a caked dark crimson hue before it fades from existence for hours, plunging the world into a state of darkness.

Just sayin'

Greenlit
posted 12-20-2010 09:50:37 PM
Are you referencing the lunar eclipse tonight

Sometimes I don't know about you

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 12-20-2010 10:25:28 PM
quote:
Greenlit attempted to be funny by writing:
Are you referencing the lunar eclipse tonight

Sometimes I don't know about you

Partially. It's the lunar eclipse and the solstice at the same time (happens once every few hundred years). That's why the moon will have a red hue before the eclipse.

I won't be able to see it because it's the first day of snow all winter in MA nothing but grey skies here.

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 12-20-2010 at 10:26 PM.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 12-23-2010 05:31:53 PM
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 12-26-2010 11:09:28 AM
Just as a heads up there appears to be a couple chunk errors near Innoruk's Tavern - the unfinished building on skyroad halfway between tapasland and spawn.
Maradon!
posted 12-26-2010 02:53:35 PM
Well

how would I resolve that exactly

Maradon!
posted 12-26-2010 05:34:51 PM
I poked around looking for anomalies in that area but didn't notice anything
Skaw
posted 12-27-2010 11:59:29 AM
Just finished my fishing pond/swimming hole/BBQ pit outside of my house. Feel free to head there to fish if you'd like. There is a stove with a chest that has some wood in it to grill your fish too. It's well lit and entirely fenced in so you won't have to fear any monsters while fishing.

If you want to know where my house is, just look for the giant, world ceiling touching tree.

Skaw fucked around with this message on 12-27-2010 at 12:00 PM.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 12-27-2010 06:05:12 PM
For all of you who have simple passwords - you may want to change them. Apparently there's a spree of people trying to brute force minecraft passwords. Don't ask me what the gain is - it's not like you can use it for money laundering like you can WOW accounts or sell goods for money.
Maradon!
posted 12-27-2010 07:07:39 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Ghost of Forums Past booooze lime pole over bench lick:
For all of you who have simple passwords - you may want to change them. Apparently there's a spree of people trying to brute force minecraft passwords. Don't ask me what the gain is - it's not like you can use it for money laundering like you can WOW accounts or sell goods for money.

People who got the piratebay version now desperately want to play online but still just can't bring themselves to shell out twenty bucks.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: