EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Final Fantasy XIII
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 04-02-2010 09:11:37 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Random Insanity Generator!
I expected him to do a run on FFXIII, but I wasn't as amused. Honestly, he's just quoting what existing reviews said, and even some of the reviews on the .jp version were saying...

But yeah.. once you're 20 hours in and finally "off the rails", it does get somewhat better. Till you accidentally quit after 4 hours without saving.

Okay, I have to give you shit about this. How the fucking hell can you go without saving when there's a save point like every five feet?

And I've enjoyed this game, but that was hilarious.

Oh, and fuck you and your cheap ass Doom Attacus you cock-sucking bitch

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 04-03-2010 03:08:57 AM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael had this to say about dark elf butts:
Okay, I have to give you shit about this. How the fucking hell can you go without saving when there's a save point like every five feet?

And I've enjoyed this game, but that was hilarious.

Oh, and fuck you and your cheap ass Doom Attacus you cock-sucking bitch

VERY easily. I hate the interface lag for the menus so I avoid them if at all possible. Since I don't "have to" save while grinding through the different missions I hadn't been saving. Due to the interface lag while trying to back out of a fight I wound up answering "yes" to the quit option.

Completely my fault, but on the plus side I did get my Shroud Farm accessory back that I didn't realize I'd lose for "evolving" it... Just lost a week of play time on the game because of the "fuck that" factor.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 04-04-2010 11:08:09 PM
Most of the Fault warrens done. Level 9 Crystarum unlocked (but I haven't started Chap 12 yet). And now I think I have to actually advance the story because the hunts have started to become RETARDED. Looking at the end hunt for FW shows me a target that has more HP than the last boss does, and can't be staggered. Fighting Neochu isn't a challenge, it's being bored and getting lucky with Death.

Although I did like the "Fight Juggernaut, Unlock Hunt for a Juggernaut" crap they pulled. Pretty silly.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 04-05-2010 10:07:17 AM
Posting in an epic thread where Lyinar said "cock sucking bitch".
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 04-05-2010 12:49:15 PM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Most of the Fault warrens done. Level 9 Crystarum unlocked (but I haven't started Chap 12 yet). And now I think I have to actually advance the story because the hunts have started to become RETARDED. Looking at the end hunt for FW shows me a target that has more HP than the last boss does, and can't be staggered. Fighting Neochu isn't a challenge, it's being bored and getting lucky with Death.

Although I did like the "Fight Juggernaut, Unlock Hunt for a Juggernaut" crap they pulled. Pretty silly.

And the bitch casts Doom on you if you go over 20 minutes!

I wanted to see how far I could go in Chapter 11, before I made it easy for myself going back post-game. I finished all of FW except that punk ass bitch because I was handling him JUST FINE and he cast Doom on me. I didn't have the dps to get him down that last 30% before Doom ran out.

I was pissed. And that is SUCH a cheap tactic to give your bosses. It took me 30 minutes of careful fighting to down Zirnitra but I managed it. I could have gotten Attacus down, too, if not for the cheap ass Doom tactic.

Although one benefit is that I had so much CP saved up from doing hunts that when I got stage 9 unlocked, I maxed out everyone's main roles, and even had some left over to delve more into the offshoot roles. The fights were laughably easy.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 04-05-2010 12:50:09 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael's account was hax0red to write:
bah, wrong button

Lyinar Ka`Bael fucked around with this message on 04-05-2010 at 12:50 PM.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-05-2010 03:01:23 PM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabbits doth run and play while Mortious gently hums:
Posting in an epic thread where Lyinar said "cock sucking bitch".

Me, too.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 04-05-2010 07:51:18 PM
I've got 3 of the 6 initial E class FW done. Hit the damn spell caster and can't get the timing for him just yet. Blowing that off and doing some other hunts. Neochu << Death.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 04-07-2010 12:37:07 AM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator said this about your mom:
I've got 3 of the 6 initial E class FW done. Hit the damn spell caster and can't get the timing for him just yet. Blowing that off and doing some other hunts. Neochu << Death.

Yeah, I killed Neochu cheaply with Death, but I *did* try to kill it normally first. Still, Deathing it took forever and a day and there were a couple times I almost bit it until I got the paradigm switching rhythm down.

The spellcaster is a pain in the goddamned ass, but a friend of mine gave me some really good advice on that one. Get either Rune Bracelets and upgrade them to Witch's Bracelets, or just start with the general Witch's Bracelets and then max upgrade those.

Witch's Bracelet's give 25% magic resistance maxed out and I was able to have 3 on everyone, since I had unlocked enough accessory crystals.. It was still a long and sometimes touchy battle, but I could survive the magic attacks that way to get the tactics down for a win.

Oh! And try to set up a Sentinel/Sentinel/Sentinel paradigm if you can. Even with a ground level Sentinel, like Lightning and Hope in my usual team of those two and Fang, it can help to keep the damage down on attacks.

Oh, and when you get to the Tyrant, pfft. I can't believe that was a Titan's Throne boss.

Lyinar Ka`Bael fucked around with this message on 04-07-2010 at 12:40 AM.

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 04-10-2010 06:38:05 PM
Just popped Neochu in the face for the Egg so leveling should be MUCH nicer once I hit Ch 13.

Got the Ribbon. If I upgrade it to Super it shows I can get some nice things out of breaking it, and get my original Ribbon back.... should be interesting...

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 04-10-2010 10:24:14 PM
Fang/Lightning/Hope. No Sen/Sen/Sen setup, just Sen/Com/Rav, Sen/Med/Med and Com/Rav/Rav. Blew through the SOB after I got the 9 maxed Resist Magic bracelets. Only "close call" was when I lost Hope at one point and instead of waiting for a revive or blowing the Phoenix Down I just popped Bahamut for fun. Other than that it was just a 15 minute fight.

Haven't touched the E7 boss fight yet. Kinda pondering if I can get an easier stab on a Genji via one of the other fights...

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 04-11-2010 01:11:59 AM
Wait.... Attacus was hard? 15 minutes. Done.

Fang/Snow/Hope

Curse/Slow/Deprot/Deshel on at all times. Once you get around 650% Stagger Fang starts taking him apart as a Com. Use Mystic Tower to build, then go Delta to put the pain on him. 5 star rating (Barely) at 15:10 sec, 23:21 target time.

For the first 25% or so you rarely have to heal. Snow at 10k HP with General/Blackbelt heals decently with just Mediguard. After that you have to occasionally swap to a healer, but usually for just one round of it.

And now I have a Genji Glove to abuse during the Final Boss. Shit, this just became FFVII all over again. I'm going to pound the final boss in the brown eye...

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 04-11-2010 04:58:16 PM
Okay, I just finished and all I have to say is...

What the fuck was that, Square!?

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 04-11-2010 08:30:16 PM
Yeah, I got to see the final boss fights and the ending at a friend's house a few weeks back so I know what kind of lame wait there.

How am I supposed to get back 2 of my party members after that shit?

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 04-11-2010 10:35:10 PM
You don't

The save you make gives you the crystarium upgrade before the final battle so you can go back and do shit, and then go kill the final boss and get the completely lame ending again.

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 04-11-2010 10:38:14 PM
Ah. Was wondering how that "Post Endgame Play" worked out. It gives you the upgrade, then puts you back to a point before you've beaten the game... lame.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 04-11-2010 11:00:21 PM
Very lame

And it's not like you get something like a special ending (a la KH) if you complete everything. Which would at least give you something to go back and do the extra stuff for.

nem-x
posted 04-12-2010 12:36:59 AM
quote:
nem-x was listening to Cher while typing:
The end game/ending is one of the biggest trolls I've ever seen.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 04-12-2010 07:44:44 PM
Yes, well, now I've experienced it for myself

I believed you. But it's like a bad accident. You just have to watch.

Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 04-12-2010 08:18:54 PM
went ahead and maxed everything out then beat the boss. Growth Egg and Genji Glove before "End Game" makes it funny. Fang just obliterated shit. Final boss form was taking 120k per hit from Fang, didn't bother trying to count the damage from Highwind. Doom counter was still in the 3k's when it fell.

999999 CP is enough to easily get all of the "Master Role" achievements/trophies once you restart after endgame. Sadly I can no longer access the area that was giving me 256k CP per 12 minute cycle.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: