EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Diadem's Deal of the Moment
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 06-24-2010 06:19:40 PM
All I can say is "Holy Shit These are good deals!"

Go to steam and empty your wallet, NOW!

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 06-25-2010 01:56:25 AM
The only thing I want out of the THQ pack that I don't already have is Chaos Rising...is it worth it to shell out the extra $20 for stuff I'll probably never play?

Nope.

Witcher for $6 and the whole Darwinia set for $5 is good though.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 06-25-2010 08:50:40 AM
I still haven't played most of the games I got during their christmas sale.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 06-25-2010 04:10:11 PM
quote:
Dr. Gee said:
Witcher

Awesome game if you enjoy deep European RPG's. Was a bit meh at release but the company has never stopped updating and improving it and it's fucking awesome now.

Dr. Gee
posted 06-25-2010 07:02:51 PM
quote:
Mortious's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Awesome game if you enjoy deep European RPG's. Was a bit meh at release but the company has never stopped updating and improving it and it's fucking awesome now.

That's what I've been hearing. And for $6 I'm perfectly willing to try a subset of RPGs that I've been a little meh about in the past.

Peter
Pancake
posted 06-25-2010 07:53:23 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Mortious:

Sequel looks pretty good to.

Books been pretty good, they are slowly translating them. The first one over was a collection of short stories, but they have been bringing over the main novels line now...just slow as shit.

Nina
posted 06-26-2010 10:22:45 AM
quote:
Tarquinn had this to say about Tron:
I still haven't played most of the games I got during their christmas sale.

Who cares, gotta catch 'em all!

Dr. Gee
posted 06-26-2010 02:01:14 PM
The Witcher is really fun, but the transition between the Prologue and the opening fight of Chapter 1 is jarring as hell and pretty badly done though. Am I missing a cut scene or something or does it really go from, "Geralt riding through to the South! *cut* OH SHIT FLAMING DOGS KILL KILL why am i in this town and where am i?"

The combat's been fun though. Nice change from spam clicking Action RPGs.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 06-26-2010 09:49:41 PM
Objectively I can say it is a good game, but for some reason I cannot finish it. I've started it twice, and I always stop playing in the third chapter and I don't know why.

Edit: My typing sucks even more when I am drunk. Who would've thunk?

Tarquinn fucked around with this message on 06-26-2010 at 09:51 PM.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Nina
posted 06-27-2010 03:32:42 AM
quote:
Tarquinn had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Objectively I can say it is a good game, but for some reason I cannot finish it. I've started it twice, and I always stop playing in the third chapter and I don't know why.

I think it's because there's so much to do, but not in a good kind of way. Having a billion sidequests is interesting at first but they end up muddling the main plot overtime because of the sometimes confusing writing and story delivery. Besides, they don't really offer any significant equipment/item reward to string you along like in, say, Baldur's Gate 2. I got to Chapter 5 and put it down to play Dragon Age, but now I have a hard time picking it back up.

Dr. Gee
posted 06-27-2010 02:07:26 PM
I'm really noticing that about the side quests. It's kinda bad when I realize that sometimes I'm losing money doing them because of having to buy books to get monsters in the bestiary to then be able to do the notice board stuff.

I've also probably spent more time just jogging from place to place than actually doing anything too. This tends to get annoying.

The only saving grace is that, so far, they all tend to run in line with the main quest stuff. I just pick them up then don't really worry too much about them and they all tend to get solved at once.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 07-01-2010 06:35:20 AM
w00t, now owned by amazon, is selling a new kindle (latest generation) at a decent discount.

The roomer mill seems to indicate that this will be obsolete soon, but has no concrete proof.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: