EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Diadem's Deal of the Moment
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 11-13-2009 03:50:54 PM
quote:
Tarquinn said this about your mom:
Oh, there's a second thing I do not like about steam. Their Euro Dollar exchange rate is rather fucking unfair.

Edit:

I really don't get why they do that.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 11-13-2009 06:37:14 PM
quote:
Tarquinn stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
No, but thankfully I live in a country where the PC still is the most important gaming platform.

PC has been redefined to mean Steam in the states. As good or bad as that may be.

Greenlit
posted 11-14-2009 12:59:14 AM
quote:
How.... Tarquinn.... uughhhhhh:
Oh, there's a second thing I do not like about steam. Their Euro Dollar exchange rate is rather fucking unfair.

Edit:

Have someone in the US purchase it for you with American dollars and send it as a gift.

If you're not one of those Europeans who gets fucked by Paypal I'd be more than willing to help you out.

Greenlit fucked around with this message on 11-14-2009 at 01:00 AM.

Greenlit
posted 11-14-2009 01:00:43 AM
Fuck, $10?

What's your Steam ID Tarq?

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 11-14-2009 03:13:43 AM
quote:
Greenlit had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Fuck, $10?

What's your Steam ID Tarq?

Already bought it.

But I might come back on your offer.

Thanks a lot.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 11-14-2009 03:55:43 AM
quote:
Tarquinn's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
No, but thankfully I live in a country where the PC still is the most important gaming platform.

Yeahhhhhh

The PC market is now almost entirely Steam in the US. Wal-Mart picks up the rest with boxed copies of Bejeweled Deluxe and Deer Hunter or whatever

Kegwen fucked around with this message on 11-14-2009 at 03:57 AM.

Greenlit
posted 11-14-2009 06:18:14 AM
So I've got the Overlord pack up for trade.

Who wants it and what do you have to offer in return?

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 11-14-2009 09:39:24 AM
Just a reminder that Black Friday (Nov 27) and Cyber Monday (Nov 30) are just around the corner.

http://www.blackfriday.info/

http://www.fatwallet.com/black-friday/

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 11-14-2009 at 09:41 AM.

Nina
posted 11-14-2009 11:35:55 AM
quote:
Tarquinn wrote, obviously thinking too hard:

Edit:

Doesn't it go by the credit card exchange rate? At least, that's how it is when ordering from Canuckistan.

Tarquinn
posted 11-14-2009 11:52:58 AM
No. They have their own Euro prices.
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 11-14-2009 01:26:21 PM
If what I hear is correct, Steam generally charges European customers 1.5 times more than American customers.

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 11-14-2009 at 01:27 PM.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 11-14-2009 01:46:04 PM
Kind of belongs in this thread I suppose, so I'll just toss it out there for people who aren't familiar with it yet.

Woot.com is a daily deal site that has random daily deals on an item that varies from PC's to Tupperware. I found a good deal on HDMI cables (6Ft cable for $5 each with free shipping!)

Thing is, the deal's gone the next day.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 11-14-2009 03:28:34 PM
quote:
Rodent King said this about your mom:
Kind of belongs in this thread I suppose, so I'll just toss it out there for people who aren't familiar with it yet.

Woot.com is a daily deal site that has random daily deals on an item that varies from PC's to Tupperware. I found a good deal on HDMI cables (6Ft cable for $5 each with free shipping!)

Thing is, the deal's gone the next day.

I use todaysdod.com to track all woot ripoffs. Of course, woot is still king.

Tanga.com is my second favorite for their board game deals.

edit: I'm wearing a woot shirt as I type this.

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 11-14-2009 at 03:30 PM.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 11-14-2009 04:09:27 PM
If anybody sees any super awesome deals on laptops for black friday, please draw my attention to them. I've seen some good deals through Best Buy and Radio Shack so far. I'd rather have a full notebook (I guess that's the proper term these days) but I am also open to the idea of getting a little netbook.

I'm going to be looking heavily at Wal-Mart ads because my brother can get me an extra 10% off but I'm open to just about anything.

nem-x
posted 11-14-2009 05:43:17 PM
quote:
Monica Model 2000 was programmed to say:
I'm open to just about anything.

I'll say!

HEYOOOOOOOO

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 11-15-2009 06:59:33 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Monica wrote:
If anybody sees any super awesome deals on laptops for black friday, please draw my attention to them. I've seen some good deals through Best Buy and Radio Shack so far. I'd rather have a full notebook (I guess that's the proper term these days) but I am also open to the idea of getting a little netbook.

I'm going to be looking heavily at Wal-Mart ads because my brother can get me an extra 10% off but I'm open to just about anything.

I'll keep an eye out. Are you looking for a gaming machine or just a laptop?

If you are very patient, Dell sometimes has overlapping deals - a deal that begins before another ends. This happens one or two times a year, I'm guessing before the end of the fiscal year.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 11-15-2009 10:58:02 PM
Pretty much just a laptop. I'm not really a gamer these days.
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 11-16-2009 01:46:41 PM
Wii + Wii Fit + $50 Amazon GC = $289

The Wii fit is a great motivational tool. I paid full price for mine and it was worth every penny.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 11-18-2009 10:57:19 AM
There's been wootoff for a while now. During a wootoff woot sells an item until it sells out then another (instead of one item a day).

They sold a low end laptop for $200 for a few minutes.

If you sign up with http://www.wootalyzer.com/ they'll send you text messages as new deals appear. There could be another laptop deal today.

Just be sure to price check before you buy

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 11-18-2009 11:06:01 AM
$150 Used 360 w/ 20gb hard drive and hdmi

Store: http://www.icraveit.com/i/item/10001209-21/7300/XBOX-360- HDMI-Premium-Console-Bundle-w--20GB-Hard-Drive-XBOX360.html#
Store reputation: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/iCraveit

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 11-18-2009 at 11:06 AM.

Greenlit
posted 11-18-2009 12:03:30 PM
Those are almost definitely going to be consoles banned from XBox Live.
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 11-18-2009 12:30:28 PM
quote:
Greenlit thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Those are almost definitely going to be consoles banned from XBox Live.

They are listed as retail recertified and the company has a good reputation. This is possible but unlikely. It's not like this is craigslist.

There is a 30 day warranty, so it may be a good idea to check to make sure once you get it.

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 11-18-2009 at 12:31 PM.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 11-19-2009 11:26:23 AM
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 11-19-2009 05:28:01 PM
woot is selling a bag of crap right now. good luck getting one though, because the servers are hosed for obvious reasons

edit: sold out

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 11-19-2009 at 05:29 PM.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 11-20-2009 05:59:03 PM
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 11-23-2009 08:39:52 AM
Free Amazon prime for one month.

This means free two day shipping with no minimum orders!

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 11-23-2009 at 08:40 AM.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 11-23-2009 01:13:58 PM
For those of you living in a cave...
Black Friday Is This Friday

http://www.blackfriday.info/
http://www.fatwallet.com/black-friday/

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 11-23-2009 at 01:15 PM.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 11-23-2009 10:09:28 PM
Never saw why this particular zombie shooter stood out so much in people's eyes, especially with no 4-way splitscreen but...

Left 4 Dead 2 $30

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 11-23-2009 10:37:59 PM
valve that's why

Splitscreen would be awful on that game on all but the largest of televisions anyway

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 11-24-2009 08:46:28 AM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Kegwen!
valve that's why

Splitscreen would be awful on that game on all but the largest of televisions anyway

I play 4 player splitscreen all the time and I only have a 56" 1080p. I love 4 player splitscreen games. That's what makes Halo 3 so awesome. It annoys me that they are getting more and more rare.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 11-24-2009 09:45:58 AM
Woo! deals.woot.com is up and I'm already one of the top contributers with my first submission alone.
Vallo, the Second Coming
Pancake
posted 11-24-2009 11:17:59 AM
quote:
Ghost of Forums Past had this to say about Pirotess:
I play 4 player splitscreen all the time and I only have a 56" 1080p. I love 4 player splitscreen games. That's what makes Halo 3 so awesome. It annoys me that they are getting more and more rare.

Great, but L4D2 would not go well split screen.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 11-24-2009 11:55:05 AM
quote:
Vallo, the Second Coming attempted to be funny by writing:
Great, but L4D2 would not go well split screen.

It works fine with splitscreen two way. Why the hell would it suddenly suck with a 28" screen for each player when all other 4 player split screen games, like call of duty and halo, work fine?

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 11-24-2009 12:33:41 PM
quote:
Ghost of Forums Past attempted to be funny by writing:
It works fine with splitscreen two way. Why the hell would it suddenly suck with a 28" screen for each player when all other 4 player split screen games, like call of duty and halo, work fine?

It's hard enough to be situationally aware in that game with a full screen, let alone it being split into tiny parts running at a lower framerate

edit: I'm double biased because I play L4D on PC and I dislike splitscreen in general

Kegwen fucked around with this message on 11-24-2009 at 12:35 PM.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 11-24-2009 01:47:27 PM
quote:
This one time, at Kegwen camp:
It's hard enough to be situationally aware in that game with a full screen, let alone it being split into tiny parts running at a lower framerate

edit: I'm double biased because I play L4D on PC and I dislike splitscreen in general

There is a large difference between a 56" screen with 4 people on reclining couches with controllers on their laps killing time as they wait for a potluck dinner to be ready.... and a PC desk with a chair pressed up against the screen.

The party experience is part of the point of the consoles. PCs have their niche, and consoles do too.

edit: Also, unless you have a 28" (or greater) Monitor, every player will still have a bigger viewing area than your PC.

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 11-24-2009 at 03:01 PM.

Vallo, the Second Coming
Pancake
posted 11-24-2009 03:10:19 PM
quote:
Ghost of Forums Past stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
There is a large difference between a 56" screen with 4 people on reclining couches with controllers on their laps killing time as they wait for a potluck dinner to be ready.... and a PC desk with a chair pressed up against the screen.

The party experience is part of the point of the consoles. PCs have their niche, and consoles do too.

edit: Also, unless you have a 28" (or greater) Monitor, every player will still have a bigger viewing area than your PC.

It'd just be so distracting. The noises are done very well with environmental directions and there's swarms of stuff everywhere, if I had to listen to someone else being swarmed too it'd get way more difficult to survive, not to even account for large sections of my view suddenly filling with zombies and blood that may or may not even be near me. If it's your style go for it, but I can't see how it wouldn't be insanely distracting.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 11-24-2009 03:16:34 PM
Spaceballs DVD $2 while "lightning deal" lasts (limited time).

Good combo with the free 2 day shipping.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 11-25-2009 12:54:24 PM
http://deals.woot.com/ is now live and I still hold the most popular deal of all time for the site (even though it is admittedly young)
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 11-25-2009 01:00:22 PM
I have two wave invites to hand out. First come first serve.
Tarquinn
posted 11-25-2009 01:07:05 PM
/wave

Nah, don't need it. Thanks again for this thread, though.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: