EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I played the WAR trial
Number 1 Poster
posted 03-14-2009 10:13:34 PM
Man I want to play again but time constraaaiiinnntttssss.

DoK was gonna rock

Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 03-14-2009 11:33:32 PM
So far it's basically WoW without anything that made WoW any good.
A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent.
Number 1 Poster
posted 03-15-2009 12:08:18 AM
If you're playing WAR for PvE you're playing the wrong game.
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 03-15-2009 05:09:19 AM
Knights are pretty good for tanking, though you need to whore shield rush and the +parry tactic. Of course they're not as good as Imbabreakers, but then again nothing is. I don't know much about Swordmasters after the tweaks, but they used to be the weakest. Any deficiencies in Knight tanking are made up for by the fact that every day is a super rad hat festival.

Twister is a good mod to help with aura twisting, and while it won't do it automatically (that's cheating) it will let you just click one spot or hit a single button to go to the next one in your lineup.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-15-2009 09:02:22 AM
I'm focusing on the Path of Corruption plus shield tanking and putting all renown points into toughness, to be a really annoying bitch to kill while protecting my fragile team mates.

I don't understand chosen who go DPS, we are meatshields, but hey it's their character, they can do what they like with it.

Aura twisting would also be pointless for me seeing as the auras are linked to paths and only the corruption one will level up with me.

Willias
Pancake
posted 03-15-2009 01:22:39 PM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Pirotess:
I'm focusing on the Path of Corruption plus shield tanking and putting all renown points into toughness, to be a really annoying bitch to kill while protecting my fragile team mates.

I don't understand chosen who go DPS, we are meatshields, but hey it's their character, they can do what they like with it.

Aura twisting would also be pointless for me seeing as the auras are linked to paths and only the corruption one will level up with me.

Your auras last around 10 seconds when they're not your current active aura, right?

You should be keeping at least two going, and you'll get at least 2 or 3 Corruption-based auras anyway.

Don't look at a skill and say "oh, it's not part of my main path, so it's worthless". Those skills are still going to be somewhat effective, just not as effective as the skills you focus on keeping at/above your level.

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 03-15-2009 01:59:04 PM
quote:
Mortious wrote this stupid crap:

Everything increases in power as you level, mastery points just increase it more. Even though you don't put points into, dunno, the -toughness aura or whatever isn't in your mastery tree, doesn't mean it will stay at it's lvl 4 value or whatever forever. It won't give as much as a spec'd aura, but it also doesn't stay completely useless

Really, a 2nd aura, no matter if you've spec'd that tree or not, is just more AoE anything. Which is ALWAYS a good thing in T4 rvr when you got a hojillion people wailing on each other

Vorago fucked around with this message on 03-15-2009 at 01:59 PM.

Vorago
posted 03-15-2009 02:14:13 PM
Knights make OK offtanks, but are flat out worse than every other tank as a main tank. My buddy farms lost vale nightly and rants quite often about the fact their group's MT is a knight. Hell, the knight rants about how much of the shaft he gets.

For whatever reason, Knights get just slightly worse versions of certain key abilities that other tanks share.

Heck, even in their own mirror they get shafted.

Shield rush gives +10% block for 10sec, Chosen's attack+def attack gives +25% parry for 15sec. the tactic that buffs Shield Rush still makes it almost as good as the Chosen's one... but still lasts shorter.

Knight's Shining Blade reduces damage taken by 15%, Chosen's reduces damage taken by 15% AND increases armor. It also hits for more.

They focused too many of the knight's version of talents towards offense.

Their "effect when you parry" one gives the group (minus themselves), +crit. While Chosen get +25% more parry and Swordmasters get an automatic parry as examples.

They do get vigilance which is quite solid, but almost everything else they have for tanking is just plain worse than it should be. They need a bit of work, I think Mythic tried to make them too offensive minded, even in their other two trees and it just hurts them lategame for PvE

Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 03-15-2009 04:07:51 PM
Anyone else play Destruction on Magnus? It was the highest populated server it let me make a character on.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-15-2009 07:40:18 PM
I don't think I can access the US servers and vice versa.
Bricktop
Old and Gay
posted 03-16-2009 02:58:37 AM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Knight Rider:
I don't think I can access the US servers and vice versa.

Praise Allah.

Number 1 Poster
posted 03-19-2009 09:04:04 PM
[quote="Plavski"]
I'm cross posting this from the KotBS thread:

Automatic Hands-Free Triple Aura Twisting

Download and install AutoHotkey and the Twister UI mod. Then make a new text file with a .ahk extension. In that text file put this:

code:

SetTitleMatchMode, 2

Loop {
if WinActive("Warhammer: Age of Reckoning") != "0x0" {
Send {F9 down}{F9 up}
Sleep 6000
}
}

Insert: :pause
+Insert: :pause

Return

As F9 is an unused key in WAR, you can type whatever you want and never need to worry about bad input or whatever whilst running your auras permanently.

You'll need to setup F9 as your Twister key too, key slot 119 is the default. Insert pauses the script - which can be needed when capping points/interacting etc.

The script will only run while the Warhammer window is active though so you don't have to worry about F9 triggering in other apps.
[/quote]

nem-x is SUPER gay fucked around with this message on 03-19-2009 at 09:04 PM.

Number 1 Poster
posted 03-20-2009 08:37:40 AM
patching now.

oh god the paaaaaaatttttccccchhhhhhhheeeeeesssssssss

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-20-2009 10:02:45 AM
I dunno.. isn't an automatic twisting macro considered illegal to use and breaking the EULA?

If it isn't, then fuck yeah I'd use that.

EDIT: I also apparently forgot that my Logitech G15 keyboard can do macros unassisted. Durrr.

Mortious fucked around with this message on 03-20-2009 at 10:03 AM.

Number 1 Poster
posted 03-20-2009 12:44:23 PM
Chopsy the Choppa

I'm so cleaver

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-20-2009 01:22:22 PM
Took my first T2 keep an hour ago, that was insanely fun.

But bloody hell the open RvR influence goes up extremely slowly. I'm still a bit pissed that I can't complete the T1 influence bar because I'm too high a level for it now.

Number 1 Poster
posted 03-20-2009 08:13:39 PM
Level 9. Look at dis nem. LOOK AT DIS!

When you resubbin?

nem-x
posted 03-20-2009 08:17:36 PM
have fun doing the same thing 500 times
Number 1 Poster
posted 03-20-2009 08:30:43 PM
I've done every scenario equally. Haven't had the same one twice in a row either. That's Khaine's Embrace baby
Number 1 Poster
posted 03-29-2009 01:17:58 AM
Man two nights straight of just absolute stonewalling Order. One warband (us) vs two and a bit of theirs. They get inside the keep and we have 4 tanks, 5 healers, and tons of AoE set up at the top of the stairs. They just fed us for 40 minutes straight. I went from 0 influence to 15% in one keep defense. It was like their leader was Zapp Branigan and he was using his infamous Killbot strategy from Futurama.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-29-2009 03:17:36 AM
Yeah, we're annihilating Order in T2 here too. They're useless at Keep attacking, but they're extremely good at Keep defending, it's rare we can get in if an Order warband is controlling the battlements.

I'm assuming you can buy a surname from the surname selling guy in the city at 20.

Vorago
posted 03-29-2009 09:03:15 PM
I do wonder just how much the upcoming BW/Sorc AoE nerf will change keep defenses
Number 1 Poster
posted 03-29-2009 09:20:40 PM
quote:
Vorago had this to say about the Spice Girls:
I do wonder just how much the upcoming BW/Sorc AoE nerf will change keep defenses

It will change to make keep attacks last longer than 20 seconds once the door is down

Number 1 Poster
posted 04-02-2009 10:49:28 PM
3 of my deaths were because the healers decided to go fuck off for no reason. Not even 21 yet.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 04-06-2009 05:41:56 PM
World First: Emperor Karl Franz defeated and imprisoned on the Karak Eight Peaks European server.

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 04-06-2009 07:35:34 PM
He seems alright with it.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 04-06-2009 07:40:36 PM
I don't get why they made him so huge, he's just an average joe who happens to be an emperor.
Skaw
posted 04-07-2009 11:52:56 AM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
I don't get why they made him so huge, he's just an average joe who happens to be an emperor.

His armor from the knees down are secretly just stilts.

Don't tell anybody.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 04-08-2009 06:24:17 AM
I've just blown a Blood Drinker Greater Daemon into a mountain by blowing on a giant horn. That was just.. just..

Skaw
posted 04-08-2009 05:04:36 PM
quote:
How.... Mortious.... uughhhhhh:
I've just blown a Blood Drinker Greater Daemon into a mountain by blowing on a giant horn. That was just.. just..

I hated that quest.

Mostly because Magus sucked.

Number 1 Poster
posted 04-08-2009 08:22:00 PM
quote:
Skaw thought about the meaning of life:
I hated that quest.

Mostly because Magus sucked.

hey still no need to use past tense

Number 1 Poster
posted 04-17-2009 06:43:36 PM
Dear Mort, do you wish you were a KotBS?
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 04-17-2009 06:54:31 PM
KotBS are regularly my bitches.

They're better in a large group, but if I catch one alone or in a small group he's a dead duck.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: