EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: it was gains btw
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 02-27-2008 10:55:18 PM
quote:
Reynar 2.0 wrote this stupid crap:
you can only work meaningless jobs and play guitar hero for so long before you want to take out your failings on others.

Then when anyone attacks you for being destructive, you can feel better by retorting with "Haha you care so much about a message board LOL!!"

It's mostly a way of temporarily increasing self-esteem I think.

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE

also your psuedopsychology is truly inspiring

Kinanik 2
Pancake
posted 02-28-2008 01:50:27 AM
My previous account was also banned, sadly.
THTS CO
Pancake
posted 02-28-2008 01:57:25 AM
Is it possible that I get Orangebrand UN-banned also please.
End Transmission.....
Willias
Pancake
posted 02-28-2008 02:05:51 AM
quote:
THTS CO had this to say about pies:

I bet it would be more likely to happen if you'd make a post with the old account's profile linked in it.

Alaan
posted 02-28-2008 02:05:55 AM
Blocking Unsmith don't do shit for you either. Attack 1 came from their, but I was peeved about my webspace having an attack launched from it without my OK, so #2(the current smacker) is on someone else's space.
Willias
Pancake
posted 02-28-2008 02:08:19 AM
quote:
Alaan had this to say about dark elf butts:
Blocking Unsmith don't do shit for you either. Attack 1 came from their, but I was peeved about my webspace having an attack launched from it without my OK, so #2(the current smacker) is on someone else's space.

The most recent gifs were just direct links. Not even images.

Unsmith is your webspace though? So who ended up fixing the first gif? You or Gains and Waisz?

Alaan
posted 02-28-2008 02:09:37 AM
I was at school with no direct access to my webspace due to blocking on their network. One of them fixed it after I saw it was coming from me and complained.

edit: Though don't bother going to unsmith.com anyway. All you'll find is two vectored versions of an SA emoticon.

Alaan fucked around with this message on 02-28-2008 at 02:10 AM.

Razor v2.0
Pancake
posted 02-28-2008 03:08:59 AM
quote:
Willias had this to say about Pirotess:
I bet it would be more likely to happen if you'd make a post with the old account's profile linked in it.

Razor

Kinanik 2
Pancake
posted 02-28-2008 03:46:17 AM
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 02-28-2008 04:12:57 AM
I remember when Waisz and Gains first came here. They were polite, respectable, and generally nice to talk to. Waisz's EQ mage antics were always amusing and I genuinely liked the guy.

I blame weed. Lots and lots of weed.

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 02-28-2008 05:17:46 AM
Gains and Waisz need to spend more time panhandling for spare change to support their Enzyte habit.

I bet that shit ain't cheap, what with all the TV ads they buy.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 02-28-2008 06:48:04 AM
Rhiannah
I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

DthBlayde
Pancake
posted 02-28-2008 06:59:19 AM
another for the unbanning KaLourin
Vinven X
Pancake
posted 02-28-2008 07:29:14 AM
quote:
Willias got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
More bans needing fixed:

Vinven

Actually, Parce is the one that originally banned that account long ago. I wouldn't mind Xian getting unbanned though.

Edit - Hard to use buttons with no images enabled. ><

Vinven X fucked around with this message on 02-28-2008 at 07:30 AM.

Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 02-28-2008 08:10:09 AM
Nevermind! He already was!

Blindy fucked around with this message on 02-28-2008 at 08:13 AM.

On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 02-28-2008 08:22:02 AM
Alright what do we do with the "code" that parce posted in the sticky?
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 02-28-2008 11:46:32 AM
I might as well try to get the alt that I made during this unbanned.

Khy

Willias
Pancake
posted 02-28-2008 12:31:06 PM
quote:
Vinven X had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Actually, Parce is the one that originally banned that account long ago. I wouldn't mind Xian getting unbanned though.

Edit - Hard to use buttons with no images enabled. ><

Honestly, I had no idea other than the fact that there was a Vinven on Who's Online that said Looking at BANNED page. When I posted your name I thought, "Wait, do we even like that guy?" but posted anyway. When I noticed that your avatars matched up though when Xian was unbanned, I figured it out.

At that point, the first Vinven account was unbanned anyway.

MorbId
Pancake
posted 02-28-2008 12:31:10 PM
I was looking at the boards on Lokii's computer and got the account banned.

Oops: Lokii

Nina
posted 02-28-2008 01:12:42 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Blindy.!
Alright what do we do with the "code" that parce posted in the sticky?

Tools, Adblock plus preferences, add filter for each of the regexes

Nina
posted 02-28-2008 01:13:41 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on THTS CO!

durka durka durka

OrangeBrand
By a Truck
posted 02-28-2008 06:32:44 PM
Thank you Nina, and Parce.
SPELLCHECK is a four letter word.
Zaeron v2
Pancake
posted 02-29-2008 12:30:29 PM
Hey.

I know I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but if possible, I'd like to have Zaeron unbanned, please. I think I've got this link to the account's profile set up correctly.

This should be the account.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 02-29-2008 01:27:21 PM
I certainly hope all of the Waizlings have been pre-emptively banninated.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 02-29-2008 01:30:35 PM
quote:
So quoth Bloodsage:

Gains is back already I believe.

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 02-29-2008 01:33:11 PM
That's pretty fucking stupid.

Willias
Pancake
posted 02-29-2008 01:46:13 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about Punky Brewster:

Ban all of them? That seems silly since this was only Gains and Waisz and that Gains is typically the one to go along with whatever Waisz's little tricks are as well.

Willias fucked around with this message on 02-29-2008 at 01:46 PM.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 02-29-2008 01:49:46 PM
quote:
Bent over the coffee table, Willias squealed:
Ban all of them? That seems silly since this was only Gains and Waisz and that Gains is typically the one to go along with whatever Waisz's little tricks are as well.

The silly thing is continually making excuses for that kind of crap, and allowing it to continue. Taking your approach simply allows the troublemakers that many more opportunities to fuck around using all their buddies' accounts--IP ban the lot of them and be done with it.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 02-29-2008 01:56:01 PM
quote:
Bloodsage probably says this to all the girls:
The silly thing is continually making excuses for that kind of crap, and allowing it to continue. Taking your approach simply allows the troublemakers that many more opportunities to fuck around using all their buddies' accounts--IP ban the lot of them and be done with it.

IIRC, only Drysart can lay down an IP ban.

Willias
Pancake
posted 02-29-2008 01:56:07 PM
The first problem you're going to have with that is that Waisz has proved several times that an IP ban doesn't prevent him from coming back.

Second, it's retarded to punish people merely by association. Not every "Waiszling" pulls this shit.

Demos
Pancake
posted 02-29-2008 01:56:27 PM
Hey now, I started off as one, but I've been largely separate from them (with the exception of Vise the Stompy, really) for years. I find the shenanigans as retarded as anyone else.
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Nina
posted 02-29-2008 02:14:07 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
IIRC, only Drysart can lay down an IP ban.

This, and yeah, IP bans aren't really holding back anyone with a figment of technical knowledge.

Alaan
posted 02-29-2008 02:19:47 PM
I don't think any of us have every really defended dickery.

THERE IS A THIEF IN THIS TOWN, NUKE ALL THE CITIZENS.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 02-29-2008 04:11:05 PM
quote:
Bent over the coffee table, Alaan squealed:
I don't think any of us have every really defended dickery.

THERE IS A THIEF IN THIS TOWN, NUKE ALL THE CITIZENS.

Actually, that's exactly what you're doing here, all of you. Whining that since there's not a perfect solution, then nothing should be done simply abets the morons.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 02-29-2008 04:14:25 PM
quote:
Bloodsage's little brother wrote this stupid shit:
Actually, that's exactly what you're doing here, all of you. Whining that since there's not a perfect solution, then nothing should be done simply abets the morons.

The only solution would be to update the board software to something that isn't exploitable by using URLs to post autonomic ban-worthy posts (Trying to use a moderator tag, for example).

Since Drysart isn't 'round no more, this is not an option. So we adblock what we can and go on. IP bans are sidesteppable, as are account bans. Sidestep the exploit and continue on.

Or perhaps this is defending the jackassery as well?

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 02-29-2008 04:23:28 PM
So because it's not the perfect solution, you don't do it? That's pretty stupid. Especially if, as someone mentioned, Gains has already been allowed back.

Willias
Pancake
posted 02-29-2008 04:28:37 PM
quote:
This one time, at Bloodsage camp:

What would you suggest be done then? Without Drys, we can't IP ban. Even if we could IP ban, they can just sidestep around that and continue posting here.

You're right, there is no perfect solution since UBB itself is pretty fucking flawed and would require a complete board revamp to actually eliminate the exploits that are being used currently. So we modify what we view the boards with to eliminate the problem, and use the moderators we do have to clean up any shit that gets put on the board as fast as possible.

Banning isn't going to do ANYTHING unless a specific range of IPs is banned, and there's no telling who all would or would not get caught in something like that. Even then, there may be a way to sidestep around it.

Banning in this situation isn't just an imperfect solution, it isn't a solution at all.

quote:
So because it's not the perfect solution, you don't do it? That's pretty stupid. Especially if, as someone mentioned, Gains has already been allowed back.

I don't know if "allowed back" is the term I'd use.

Willias fucked around with this message on 02-29-2008 at 04:29 PM.

Alaan
posted 02-29-2008 04:36:39 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about Jimmy Carter:

Uh what? Welcome to pulling shit out of your ass. You should be a magician. No Waiszling has been "Welp, UBB sucks so why bother banning Waisz/Gains?" OTHERS not related to us in any way shape or form have been whining about UBB.

So your logic is, we know Waisz, who off the internet is pretty fine, and someone we have no control over. Ergo, ban us all. Despite the fact like, none of us had any part in any fuckery that has been launched. If I know a guy that is a thief, should I be put in jail even if I had nothing to do with the crime?

Alaan fucked around with this message on 02-29-2008 at 04:40 PM.

Willias
Pancake
posted 02-29-2008 04:43:14 PM
Alaan, what you quoted says nothing directly to Waiszlings.

Also, I don't think I'm saying "Why bother" as much as "sure, we can do it, but it's not really a solution as they just sign back up again".

But I guess that's really dependent on how you read it.

Willias fucked around with this message on 02-29-2008 at 04:43 PM.

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 02-29-2008 04:47:49 PM
I have no idea why any of you bother to argue with him in the first place =P
"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: