EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: it was gains btw
Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-03-2008 02:58:55 PM
Un-bannings may be a bit slow.

Bear with us.

Noxhil3
Pancake
posted 03-03-2008 03:16:18 PM
Thanks Parcelan
Willias
Pancake
posted 03-03-2008 05:08:59 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Mr. Parcelan said:
Un-bannings may be a bit slow.

Bear with us.

I imagine this has been a tremendous pain in the ass for you these past couple of days. :/

MorbId
Pancake
posted 03-04-2008 06:24:22 PM
Yeah, thanks for unbanning Lokii. It was dumb of me to fall for that, doubly so on somebody else's account.

That said, these metaphors are tremendously silly.

I can see why people are annoyed, but most of these reactions are completely out of proportion. You lost access to a free message board for a day or two. It is inconvenient, but that's it.

It's not like having something you made or paid for destroyed. It's not even like shit on a public toilet, as flattering an image as that presents of EC. Toilets satisfy a basic physical need. Message boards, not so much.

It's also a bit hypocritical. So someone came in and wrecked up your discussion board, keeping any actual discussion from taking place? And they insulted a lot of the members?

EC pulled some similar stunts back in the day. Remember those dumb vampire kids, and how they got "trollhacked"? I remember people not only defending the disruption of their little message board, but citing a moral highground for it. And I'm pretty sure those are some of the same people threatening dire consequences for Gains now.

I'm also pretty sure that wasn't the only incident. But something similar happens here and it's "sociopathic behavior."

MorbId fucked around with this message on 03-04-2008 at 06:25 PM.

Nina
posted 03-04-2008 08:02:06 PM
You might want to turn around and step away from this one. You're not the one who's had to help unban dozens of accounts, which would actually have been banned forever if it weren't for one fortuitous moderator account escaping unscathed. And since I haven't had my quota of bannings for unbannings filled yet, my fingers are twitchy.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-05-2008 12:20:48 PM
There's that and the fact that we actually did zero harm to the vampire message board. No one's complaining about some harmless troller, but rather actual vandalism. Vandalism isn't funny.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 03-05-2008 12:31:52 PM
quote:
MorbId must think they're pretty smart:
Yeah, thanks for unbanning Lokii. It was dumb of me to fall for that, doubly so on somebody else's account.

That said, these metaphors are tremendously silly.

I can see why people are annoyed, but most of these reactions are completely out of proportion. You lost access to a free message board for a day or two. It is inconvenient, but that's it.

It's not like having something you made or paid for destroyed. It's not even like shit on a public toilet, as flattering an image as that presents of EC. Toilets satisfy a basic physical need. Message boards, not so much.

It's also a bit hypocritical. So someone came in and wrecked up your discussion board, keeping any actual discussion from taking place? And they insulted a lot of the members?

EC pulled some similar stunts back in the day. Remember those dumb vampire kids, and how they got "trollhacked"? I remember people not only defending the disruption of their little message board, but citing a moral highground for it. And I'm pretty sure those are some of the same people threatening dire consequences for Gains now.

I'm also pretty sure that wasn't the only incident. But something similar happens here and it's "sociopathic behavior."

You fucking retard, his intent was not to disrupt the boards for a few days, It was to take EC down FOREVER. He banned all the moderators he knew about and posted an image in all the active threads that would ban everyone who read them. The only fix for the damage he was intending to cause would have been to contact someone with actual SA database access, meaning Tim, and he's made it clear that he's not going to do anything to help us out here. The fact that his aggression was countered by the one mod he missed and the damage undone eventually does not make his action any less hostile.

And this is in absolutely no way comparable to creating some accounts on a forum and posting some annoying stuff for a few days. Did we cause any damage to the community? Doubtful. Did we annoy them a bit? Yes. Were we trying to cause damage to the community? No.

Blindy. fucked around with this message on 03-05-2008 at 12:33 PM.

tightbill0456
Pancake
posted 03-05-2008 02:20:18 PM
quote:
Blindy. thought about the meaning of life:
You fucking retard, his intent was not to disrupt the boards for a few days, It was to take EC down FOREVER. He banned all the moderators he knew about and posted an image in all the active threads that would ban everyone who read them. The only fix for the damage he was intending to cause would have been to contact someone with actual SA database access, meaning Tim, and he's made it clear that he's not going to do anything to help us out here. The fact that his aggression was countered by the one mod he missed and the damage undone eventually does not make his action any less hostile.

And this is in absolutely no way comparable to creating some accounts on a forum and posting some annoying stuff for a few days. Did we cause any damage to the community? Doubtful. Did we annoy them a bit? Yes. Were we trying to cause damage to the community? No.

if me or waisz wanted to take down the boards for good (or at least until drysart comes back and decided to nuke this shithole for good because it would end up costing him money or bandwidth or something) we would have done so. it's not hard to take down a UBB message board. i've already said we did it for a laugh, and i don't give a flying fuck whether any of you morons got a laugh out of it because we thought it was hilarious

it's the same goddamn thing as attacking the other message forum, "you fucking retard"

in b4 b&

and you're all still retarded for thinking any of the other waiszlings had any effect on anything of the sort. they could care less about this steaming pile of a "community"

tightbill0456 fucked around with this message on 03-05-2008 at 02:38 PM.

NINJAS R FREEKING AWESOME
Nina
posted 03-05-2008 03:00:39 PM
Lokii
Pancake
posted 03-05-2008 04:16:23 PM
Haha, you really think Gains was trying to take down the board? That's pretty funny, really. He definitely didn't want to put this place out of commission forever.

He was just trolling, albeit more successfully than you people managed all those years ago, and the fact that you think otherwise and are trying to defend your actions against the vampire forum is just sour grapes. He ended up doing just as much damage to this forum as you guys did to the vampire one.

That said, it was probably kind of immature and he said was stoned, but whatever, it happened.

Also MorbId's like a thousand times smarter than the people trying to argue with this.

Blindy.
posted 03-05-2008 04:19:11 PM
quote:
If Lokii was a glacier, they'd be a fast one:
Haha, you really think Gains was trying to take down the board? That's pretty funny, really. He definitely didn't want to put this place out of commission forever.

He was just trolling, albeit more successfully than you people managed all those years ago, and the fact that you think otherwise and are trying to defend your actions against the vampire forum is just sour grapes. He ended up doing just as much damage to this forum as you guys did to the vampire one.

That said, it was probably kind of immature and he said was stoned, but whatever, it happened.

Also MorbId's like a thousand times smarter than the people trying to argue with this.

Ah and you base this on the fact that he attempted to ban everyone using the forums, including the people who had the ability to undo the banning? Yeah that's totally just trolling.

MorbId is a fucking retard and you are too. If the attack had succeeded, it would have caused irreparable damage outside of Drys intervention. I understand that you are too stupid to understand this, so feel free to not reply.

Blindy. fucked around with this message on 03-05-2008 at 04:23 PM.

Nina
posted 03-05-2008 04:32:36 PM
quote:
Lokii stopped beating up furries long enough to write:

my dads smarter than yours

Anakha's Wii
Pancake
posted 03-05-2008 04:43:54 PM
quote:
Lokii had this to say about (_|_):

Well, how would banning the moderators keep the place in commission? Not to mention most people barely come here. The fact that Gains/Waistarroz/every other little waisz fuckbag's little EPIC WIN LULZ! stunt made it impossible to read any thread made it less likely for people to come here, since they could not read a thread without getting banned, and they certainly couldn't post. What Waisz and Gains should spend their time doing is getting a little exercise, and stop being such fucking fatties.

Also, every little Waisz fuckbag is like a totally thousand times more retarded than him. And so are their responses.

"From the depths of my parent's basement, thy has truly struck a blow for nonconformity."
Blindy.
posted 03-05-2008 04:47:38 PM
quote:
I bet you never expected Anakha's Wii to say:
Well, how would banning the moderators keep the place in commission? Not to mention most people barely come here. The fact that Gains/Waistarroz/every other little waisz fuckbag's little EPIC WIN LULZ! stunt made it impossible to read any thread made it less likely for people to come here, since they could not read a thread without getting banned, and they certainly couldn't post. What Waisz and Gains should spend their time doing is getting a little exercise, and stop being such fucking fatties.

Also, every little Waisz fuckbag is like a totally thousand times more retarded than him. And so are their responses.

IT WAS JUST TROLLING ANYWAY YOU MADE FUN OF SOME VAMPIRES SO YOU ARE JUST AS BAD AS WHEN MY BEST BUDDY IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD BANNED THE WHOLE FORUM AND THE MODERATORS

Lokii
Pancake
posted 03-05-2008 05:10:16 PM
yeah okay guys
Janus.
I am not a woman
posted 03-05-2008 09:10:34 PM
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-05-2008 09:16:38 PM
Weed parties.

Every weekend.

Waisz's place.

Be there or be square.

Janus.
I am not a woman
posted 03-05-2008 09:24:34 PM
woop woop.
Demos
Pancake
posted 03-05-2008 09:51:24 PM
I'm both torn and glad at the same time that I split from the group of waiszlings - Vise and Morbid are both generally pretty standup guys (although I may disagree with Morbid's downplaying of Waisz and Gains' idiocy). Even Waisz is a really intelligent guy.

But I worry about the influence of Waisz and Gains' overinflated sense of entitlement or moral ambiguity - Despite all of the hyperbole and overreactions going on here, on both sides of the fence, I think there is a pretty clear line between registering on another forum and poking fun, and exploiting security flaws in a system like EC. Gains and Waisz both know that Drys/Tim wouldn't be around to help if all of the mod accounts were banned, making the implications of their prank a bit more far-reaching and malicious then the antics pulled on the vampire forum.

On the flip side, there's been plenty of overreaction from the other side. Plenty of internet tough guy threats and overuse of the term sociopath, which I think might apply to Waisz, but I admit that neither myself or anyone else here on this board (Unless we have any PhD's in Clinical or Behavioral Psychology here?) are qualified to diagnose such a thing. I knew him for several years in RL, and even I would hesitate to say without a doubt that he's sociopathic.

It would be easy for me to criticize Waisz and Gains ad hominem, but that would be pointless. I'm disappointed but not surprised by any of this. I realize I haven't been a very active participant here, but I've been following for quite a while and its been rather melancholic to see the board slip so far for so long, especially when exacerbated by former friends of mine.

At this point, I don't necessarily have an opinion about what should go on from here - it's pretty clear that

• Waisz and Gains really don't feel remorseful about the prank
  • Anyone with a mediocre technical skill could get around an IP ban or even a subnet ban
  • The only one with administrator level access, Drys, really doesn't have an interest in maintaining the site

Suffice to say, from these facts, we should just chill, enjoy what we can and not worry about things outside of our control.

• "Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
    Zair
    The Imp
    posted 03-05-2008 11:01:24 PM
    quote:
    When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Demos said:

On the flip side, there's been plenty of overreaction from the other side. Plenty of internet tough guy threats and overuse of the term sociopath, which I think might apply to Waisz, but I admit that neither myself or anyone else here on this board (Unless we have any PhD's in Clinical or Behavioral Psychology here?) are qualified to diagnose such a thing. I knew him for several years in RL, and even I would hesitate to say without a doubt that he's sociopathic.

RL friend of Waisz admits he may be sociopath ITT.

Mr. Parcelan
    posted 03-05-2008 11:07:37 PM
    Well, I'm not going to kick the Waiszlings out since all but two of them are rather decent folk and they're standing up for their friend here.

But really, I'm not sure why you'd linger around a board with no content whose only purpose is to provide a couple of people a connection and conversation when you don't get along with anyone else and hang out on a fairly regular basis offline.

Mr Gains
    Pancake
    posted 03-05-2008 11:33:24 PM
    I realized that a day or two ago Parce. I really do not have anything to gain by doing anything else to this forum, and I won't be doing so anymore.

If you think Waisz is honestly a sociopath, you really have no idea what the word means and should read a book about it some time. Psych books tend to be very interesting.

As to the attacks on the other Waiszlings like Lokii and Morbid, they defend us not because of our actions, but because of EC's stuck-up, know-it-all, shithead attitude. Even though we've been part of the lunch table for a while, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how big of assholes most of you guys are. But that's fine. It's the internet and people are allowed to be douchebags. The only reason we even stuck around is because you attacked our friends, which is the same reason they posted.

I'm not trying to attack anyone really. In fact, I like a good portion of you people. Not enough to talk to or care about after I finally put the board out of my mind, but most of you are not really bad people. I understand why you're upset, and frankly don't give a shit. I was treated like dog shit for years before being somewhat "accepted" by you guys. Now the tables turned, and we're back to square one.

I'm rambling though, and everyone's just gonna say UR A RETARD Y U DO THINGS 2 OUR BOARD, and that's fine. I don't plan on posting any more anyways, and there will be no more fuckery with your forums (which we had planned, yet been kind enough not to impliment). It's just not worth it. If any of you really wants to get a hold of me for some reason, my AIM has always been available on the board, so go right ahead and contact me. To be honest though, I did enjoy my stay here and I think I contributed at least a little positively over the 5 years whether you stubborn assholes would admit it or not.

It was honestly hard to change my homepage, but I did, and I'll move on. It's been a pleasure. To those that want to accept it, peace out. To those that don't, fuck you.

Gains is back

tell a friend

nem-x
    posted 03-05-2008 11:59:15 PM
    that was pretty weaksauce
    nem-x
    posted 03-05-2008 11:59:51 PM
    also when are the newest avatar episodes gonna air
    Mr. Parcelan
    posted 03-06-2008 12:09:48 AM
    Thanks, Gains.
    Demos
    Pancake
    posted 03-06-2008 12:34:46 AM
    quote:
    Mr. Gains: THE FINAL had this to say about Cuba:
    I realized that a day or two ago Parce. I really do not have anything to gain by doing anything else to this forum, and I won't be doing so anymore.

If you think Waisz is honestly a sociopath, you really have no idea what the word means and should read a book about it some time. Psych books tend to be very interesting.

I've probably taken more psych in my major then yourself, and I fully admit that the only one qualified to determine if he is or is not a sociopath is a qualified mental health expert. I could go into further detail about my own justifications for my claim, but at this point its moot. None of us are licensed psychologists, but it doesn't take one to see a trend of callously antisocial behaviour conducted without consideration for others, curbed only when there is a risk to the instigator, or when the instigator gets bored, like we see here.

I really, really hate to make implications against him, because we were all great friends through jr high and high school, and both Waisz's parents were incredibly kind to all of us whenever we hung out there.

quote:
    As to the attacks on the other Waiszlings like Lokii and Morbid, they defend us not because of our actions, but because of EC's stuck-up, know-it-all, shithead attitude. Even though we've been part of the lunch table for a while, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see how big of assholes most of you guys are.

This ignores the fact that if you hate the people here so much, there was nothing stopping you from just...not posting. Or going somewhere else. Its logically fallacious to argue that "You guys are jerks, so trying to permanently shut down the board is justified".

quote:
    But that's fine. It's the internet and people are allowed to be douchebags. The only reason we even stuck around is because you attacked our friends, which is the same reason they posted.

At the end of the day, the precipitating action was still the exploiting by Gains/Waisz that banned 95% of the members here. Neither of you were singled out for any sort of vengeful mob justice until after pulling your retarded shenanigans.

quote:
    I'm not trying to attack anyone really. In fact, I like a good portion of you people. Not enough to talk to or care about after I finally put the board out of my mind, but most of you are not really bad people. I understand why you're upset, and frankly don't give a shit.

The "I don't give a shit" didn't work for any of the others assholes driven out from the community either. Because if you really didn't care, you wouldn't still be here.

quote:
    I was treated like dog shit for years before being somewhat "accepted" by you guys. Now the tables turned, and we're back to square one.

Ah, the revenge-of-the-nerds defense. Having a beef with some of the members doesn't justify trying to ruin it for everyone. Sorry.

quote:
    I don't plan on posting any more anyways, and there will be no more fuckery with your forums (which we had planned, yet been kind enough not to impliment). It's just not worth it.

Predictable. The "now I'm going to pretend to take a moral high ground" escape. How infinitely courteous of you, Master of all the Internets, to take pity on such poor undeserving peons as ourselves. And you claim everyone else has a

quote:
    "stuck-up, know-it-all, shithead attitude."

Funny how it all works out.

It's really a shame that it came down to this, but goddamn. Keep up the martyr complex and stick it to the Man.

"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
    Willias
    Pancake
    posted 03-06-2008 12:35:52 AM
    Gonna miss you Gains. You're a pretty cool person most of the time, and have made entertaining threads and posts here many times in the past. (Though if your posts are any indication of how you act in person, I don't know if I like you while you're high.)

On the other hand, I don't disagree with the constant banning you've been getting, and I think it's silly that you and your friends feel that the board somehow went back to normal on it's own, even though you almost managed to ban all of the mods (and along with that, eliminating any chance removing of those exploited images from the forum, making a significant amount of the threads on the main page mostly unviewable).

Finally,

quote:
    Anakha's Wii:

is like a totally

You are an idiot.

Willias fucked around with this message on 03-06-2008 at 12:42 AM.

nem-x
    posted 03-06-2008 12:49:22 AM
    quote:
    nem-x was listening to Cher while typing:
    Janus.
    I am not a woman
    posted 03-06-2008 01:36:44 AM
    quote:
    Demos wrote this stupid crap:
    Funny how it all works out.

It's really a shame that it came down to this, but goddamn. Keep up the martyr complex and stick it to the Man.

You still can't roll minotaur.

Janus. fucked around with this message on 03-06-2008 at 01:44 AM.

Lokii
    Pancake
    posted 03-06-2008 01:51:54 AM
    demos i didn't want to post any more but you tried to ruin (not that you succeeded) gains' beautiful farewell.

so i'll say it

From what everyone has told me, except for maybe Vise, the Waiszlings kinda stopped liking you when you showed up to people's houses and sat in the corner reading comics or messing around on other people's computers instead of actually socializing. So, this is just a guess, but Waisz probably didn't like you that much.

This is probably why you are the only person who knows (knew, really. years ago.) Waisz irl that thinks there's even a possibility that he may be a sociopath.

Seriously, give it a rest, there is no "might be" a sociopath or "antisocial behavior" here. I'm saying this both as a third year psychology student and Waisz's friend. Stop talking about things you don't know about, and stop talking so matter-of-factly about people you haven't even seen since high school.

Mr. Parcelan
    posted 03-06-2008 01:58:26 AM
    Why don't you all just give it a rest.
    Demos
    Pancake
    posted 03-06-2008 02:05:54 AM
    quote:
    Lokii wrote this stupid crap:
    From what everyone has told me, except for maybe Vise, the Waiszlings kinda stopped liking you when you showed up to people's houses and sat in the corner reading comics or messing around on other people's computers instead of actually socializing. So, this is just a guess, but Waisz probably didn't like you that much.

So, you're disputing my claims about someone I knew, based on stuff you've heard about me second hand. And the basis of your dispute is directed at my character and not my arguments.

Drop the righteous indignation and groupthink long enough to address the actual argument.

quote:
    Seriously, give it a rest, there is no "might be" a sociopath or "antisocial behavior" here. I'm saying this both as a third year psychology student and Waisz's friend. Stop talking about things you don't know about, and stop talking so matter-of-factly about people you haven't even seen since high school.

Logical fallacy: Appeal to authority. I've never claimed to be an authority on Waisz, or psychology, and said only that I had the impression about something he might be. I never made a definitive claim to know for sure or to have the authority to establish such a claim. I claimed that I knew him through both jr high and HS, and I can say that he has a definite mean streak a mile wide.

Besides, pulling exploitative shit on the boards forfeited any right Waisz had to privacy. If he didn't want to be the subject of our discussion, he shouldn't have tried to shut the board down. So don't come in here crying foul on criticisms directed against him.

Demos
    Pancake
    posted 03-06-2008 02:06:58 AM
    Sorry, didn't see Parce's post until after I made mine. I'm done with the topic.
    Jargum
    Doughnut
    posted 03-06-2008 02:24:05 AM
    quote:
    nem-x enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:

No certainties, looks like maybe April or something. SA thread says you can torrent one or two episodes that have been shown outside the US if you're desperate though

Anakha's Wii
    Pancake
    posted 03-06-2008 04:19:36 AM
    Thanks Jargum. I was also about to quote Nem.
    "From the depths of my parent's basement, thy has truly struck a blow for nonconformity."
    Blindy.
    posted 03-06-2008 08:46:57 AM
    Demos just completely owned the both of you. Just FYI.

Also, there are many people who post on this board. They all come from varying backgrounds, have varying interests and personalities. In short they are all very different people. If each of them treat you like dog shit, then maybe you should consider the fact that the only common factor in each of these interactions is you.

Blindy. fucked around with this message on 03-06-2008 at 08:52 AM.

Bloodsage
    Heart Attack
    posted 03-06-2008 01:15:09 PM
    quote:
    Quoth Lokii:
    demos i didn't want to post any more but you tried to ruin (not that you succeeded) gains' beautiful farewell.

What? That's retarded. It wasn't anything more than a bitter, whining attempt to justify himself laced with nostalgia for what could've been if he hadn't ruined things himself. Pathetic and insincere, in other words.

Standing up for your friends when they do stupid, destructive things and trying to justify them isn't courageous or even the right thing to do. The only thing you morons succeed in doing is confirm that you're all a pack of idiots who think vandalism is a perfectly okay hobby. Go you.

Oh, and for the record: there's no such thing as the, "But he's a really nice guy when he's not {insert X despicable behavior}," defense. That's even dumber than the original vandalism.

Edit: saw Parce's post. Rested now. . .as long as no one else rolls in trying to defend the stupidity.

Bloodsage fucked around with this message on 03-06-2008 at 01:17 PM.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
    Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

All times are US/Eastern
    Hop To: