EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Candidates Up and Coming
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 06-20-2007 01:55:36 PM
Bloodsage has been in France too long. Everyone knows it's Ru Paul.

everyone gay that is

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 06-20-2007 02:04:15 PM
quote:
Bloodsage stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
A quick look at how things work in the rest of the world will reveal why it's a rather good thing that we have a two-party system that doesn't really allow outsiders much of a chance to run the country. Our government is designed, in all its facets, to prevent drastic changes one way or the other as a result of elections. Slow change from within is really the only method that works.

That's a good thing.

In Canada, we have four. The douchy Liberals, the crazy Progressive Conservatives, the Bloc Quebecois, and the New Democratic Party. And I'm not sure, someone might correct me, but I think the Green Party has a seat in the House of Commons.
My point being that having so many leaderships in the House is like listening to a bunch of fucking 8 year olds constantly whining and crying and throwing pathetic and lame insults at each other, I'm really sick of it. The U.S. system is efficient, but I guess some people in Canada like the choice of not having to choose between A and B. They like having to choose four different nut jobs.

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Peter
Pancake
posted 06-20-2007 02:18:13 PM
quote:
From the book of Lechium, chapter 3, verse 16:
In Canada, we have four. The douchy Liberals, the crazy Progressive Conservatives, the Bloc Quebecois, and the New Democratic Party. And I'm not sure, someone might correct me, but I think the Green Party has a seat in the House of Commons.
My point being that having so many leaderships in the House is like listening to a bunch of fucking 8 year olds constantly whining and crying and throwing pathetic and lame insults at each other, I'm really sick of it. The U.S. system is efficient, but I guess some people in Canada like the choice of not having to choose between A and B. They like having to choose four different nut jobs.

The U.S. Has more than 2 parties, however only 2 parties really rule the roost. The third parties are good in the system for bringing up issues the other 2 won't touch, or in some cases allowing for a shifts in one of the major parties.

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 06-20-2007 02:55:31 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan said this about your mom:
GTFO

if you see us on the floor you'll be watching all night.

so give it to me give it to me.

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 06-20-2007 03:38:36 PM
Echoing many others, I wouldnt mind Ron Paul; but I don't see him getting past the primaries either...which is a shame.
"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Kinanik
Upset about being titless
posted 06-20-2007 06:20:43 PM
Sometimes radical change is a good thing; I look at the change in Great Britain between the late 70s and the late 80s, and it was the only way Britain could free it self from its moribund socialized economy. (If someone wants to disagree on this point, feel free.)

I like the parliamentary system because I like the idea of parties being able to form coalitions with the other parties on similar points. It seems that someone who is pro-union/socially conservative should be able to vote for a party which will support both of his viewpoints, (same with a free trade/social liberal) and not have to compromise by trying to decide which of his beliefs is more important to him. I also don't see how having more than two parties would lead to more radical changes.

It seems to me that the primary system we have in place in America is a tool that increases the radicalism of change when power shifts from one party to the other (at least in closed primaries), because it removes the moderate, independent voice from the decision of who runs, so rather than ending up with moderate candidates, we end up with more radical elements of the two parties running against each other.

Anyways... go Ron Paul.

Gully Foyle is my name
And Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 06-20-2007 06:28:56 PM
Nm

Bloodsage fucked around with this message on 06-20-2007 at 06:31 PM.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Mightion Defensor
posted 06-20-2007 07:08:49 PM
Is there a Republican that actually has any chance of winning; after how George has let us down?

It's my opinion that the Democrats would have to do something galactically stupid to not win the Presidency in '08, and I don't think there's anything that stupid that they could do.

(Yes. I'm a Republican and I am saying I don't think George W. has done a good job.)

But, I will not vote for a Democrat.

Maradon!
posted 06-20-2007 10:17:17 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Mightion Defensor booooze lime pole over bench lick:
Is there a Republican that actually has any chance of winning; after how George has let us down?

How exactly has George let us down?

quote:
It's my opinion that the Democrats would have to do something galactically stupid to not win the Presidency in '08

Something like nominate Hillary Clinton maybe?

I really don't see the Bush presidency having much of an affect on the 2008 elections. The only people who swallowed the bullshit were already voting democrat, and your average on-the-fencer couldn't tell you what Bush's poll numbers were if you put a gun to his head.

More importantly, people may vote for parties in local elections, but they generally vote for candidates in the presidentials. That's why last-term presidents always do the unpopular but necessary stuff: there's minimal risk of backlash.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 06-20-2007 at 10:19 PM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: