EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: XBox 360 Owners REPRESENT!!
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 04-21-2007 06:12:45 PM
Man, Xbox 360 owners really suck at C&C3.

I'm kicking ass on the demo's one live map. I just surrounded this guy with like 30 mammoth tanks, 15 on each side.

I've also had one kid with the camera. It's priceless to see a dude's expression when you roll into his base with a force he didn't know it was possible to have that early in the game.

Kegwen fucked around with this message on 04-21-2007 at 06:13 PM.

Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 04-22-2007 01:51:58 AM
Once I've gotten into the high level Viva Pinata game I'll start mailing random stuff out... if anyone else plays that game, that is...
Maradon!
posted 04-22-2007 02:05:03 AM
I got bored of it after about 20 minutes.

Right around the time that leafos' irish accent started wearing thin.

Also I was getting around 50 help popups every two seconds, and just when I'd start getting into things I'd have to sit through a pointless intro cinematic showing me that a new pinata had arrived.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 04-22-2007 at 02:06 AM.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 04-22-2007 02:23:53 AM
I think I suck at Viva Pinata. I stopped playing when my valuable Doenut got killed just because he was valuable.

edit: Also I think I'm going to buy C&C3 when it comes out for 360. The demo is awesome. The control scheme is better than I could have imagined.

Kegwen fucked around with this message on 04-22-2007 at 02:27 AM.

Kennatsu
hu�mor 1. That which is intended to induce laughter or amusement: a writer skilled at crafting humor.
posted 04-22-2007 04:40:19 AM
Command and Conquer 3? I'll grab a copy myself.... once I recover from having to pay all the big bills the past month...
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 04-22-2007 04:51:54 AM
quote:
This one time, at Kennatsu camp:
Command and Conquer 3? I'll grab a copy myself.... once I recover from having to pay all the big bills the past month...

It's May 10, I believe, so you have a few weeks at least. The demo is up on Xbox Live.

edit: You get a training mission that's mainly to help you understand the controls and two GDI missions (the second was not in the PC demo!) You're also allowed to play one map online. The PC demo only let you skirmish the computer on that same map.

Kegwen fucked around with this message on 04-22-2007 at 04:54 AM.

Maradon!
posted 04-22-2007 11:11:28 AM
I wanted to have a garden full of snakes and spiders so I brought in a lot of mice to get eaten.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 04-24-2007 07:14:13 AM
JUST got a 360 this past weekend myself. Haven't set up X-Box Live yet. Too busy playing Dead Rising.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Kennatsu
posted 04-24-2007 12:45:40 PM
Hehe... downloaded Smash TV for X-Box live. I didn't know you could get two players on the thing online.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 04-24-2007 05:21:07 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael said this:
JUST got a 360 this past weekend myself. Haven't set up X-Box Live yet. Too busy playing Dead Rising.

Having fun with the inexcusable save system? I didn't!

Maradon!
posted 04-24-2007 09:50:17 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Kegwen who doth quote:
Having fun with the inexcusable save system? I didn't!

Let me guess, the only save point you know of is the couch in the safe room, right? There seriously is no way to save yourself into a dead end after about the first 30 minutes of gameplay unless you are deliberately trying.

With all the bathrooms and other save points around, it really isn't as big a problem as it seems.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 04-24-2007 09:55:09 PM
quote:
Verily, Maradon! doth proclaim:
Let me guess, the only save point you know of is the couch in the safe room, right? There seriously is no way to save yourself into a dead end after about the first 30 minutes of gameplay unless you are deliberately trying.

With all the bathrooms and other save points around, it really isn't as big a problem as it seems.

That's not at all what I was talking about. As far as I can tell, you can't resume from save points. They simply save your status.

Maradon!
posted 04-24-2007 11:00:17 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Kegwen booooze lime pole over bench lick:
That's not at all what I was talking about. As far as I can tell, you can't resume from save points. They simply save your status.

wait what?

No.. no that's absolutely not true.

You do have the OPTION of saving your status, level, and unlocked abilities and loading it into a new game if you choose to do so, but you can most certainly resume from a save point right where you left off just as you'd expect to be able to.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 04-24-2007 11:03:33 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
wait what?

No.. no that's absolutely not true.

You do have the OPTION of saving your status, level, and unlocked abilities and loading it into a new game if you choose to do so, but you can most certainly resume from a save point right where you left off just as you'd expect to be able to.

Before I returned it to Gamefly I asked several people that enjoyed the game and nobody seemed to realize that. Also the lack of a load button on the main menu after I definitely had saved is pretty misleading I think!

Maradon!
posted 04-24-2007 11:17:13 PM
I can state with absolute certainty that you can resume right where you left off.

That's how I beat the game!

It's been almost a year since I played it, but I'm pretty certain you just pick the 72 hour game mode and it gives you the option to resume.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 04-24-2007 at 11:17 PM.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 04-25-2007 12:03:50 AM
Darn. Oh well!
Maradon!
posted 04-25-2007 12:04:29 AM
You should get it again, it's a really swell game.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 04-25-2007 12:06:11 AM
quote:
Maradon! obviously shouldn't have said:
You should get it again, it's a really swell game.

It was actually the first game I bought when I got my 360. I returned it (Gamestop used software woo) because for whatever reason audio was not playing in the cutscenes (yes, I checked all the settings) plus I wasn't really enjoying it that much

Greenlit
posted 04-25-2007 12:10:25 AM
The 'early' game sucks. That's the time in 72 hour mode when all the doors are locked and you're in single digit levels. It's very unforgiving.

After a few story boss fights and you start hitting double-digit levels the game's enjoyment increases exponentially. Unless you try to go for Zombie Genocide or Survivor achievements. :suicide:

Maradon!
posted 04-25-2007 02:43:09 AM
quote:
Greenliting:
After a few story boss fights...

Let's face facts here, once you beat adam the clown and get the mini chainsaw and load up with hardware books, the game is cake.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 04-25-2007 05:05:14 AM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Let's face facts here, once you beat adam the clown and get the mini chainsaw and load up with hardware books, the game is cake.

Entertainment + Criminal Psychology (or is it Biography?) + Engineering = 27x durability to small chainsaw.

Blackened
posted 04-25-2007 06:27:13 AM
quote:
Maradon!.
This is how I played through the game. It was fun, seemed a bit on the easy side, but still very enjoyable.

Something you might want to try is restarting the game (aka dying) a few times and doing that reunion quest right outside the safe room for a couple levels. Make sure to get the photo op as well.

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 04-25-2007 07:16:45 AM
I...don't seem to be having these problems. The load function works nicely for me, and I don't keep dying. Only beef I have with it is that I can't increase the text size, but even that's a minor complaint.

I amuse myself almost endlessly with all the obscenely horrible things I can do to zombies. If I'd had this game 15 years ago I wouldn't have suffered through all those horrible zombie nightmares. It's sweet, sweet therapy. Nothing makes zombies stop creeping you out like putting a giant lego man novelty hat over their head and dropping oil in their path to slip on.

Good times.

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty

Cherveny
Papaya
posted 04-25-2007 01:04:55 PM
Text size is also my biggest complaint about this game. Completely unreadable for those of us with poor eyes.
Greenlit
posted 04-25-2007 01:57:06 PM
It's designed for anything NOT 480

Go up to 720 and it will be drastically improved.

Alaan
posted 04-25-2007 02:18:45 PM
If you don't have an HDTV I can't recommend the VGA cable enough.
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 04-25-2007 06:06:25 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Alaan was all like:
If you don't have an HDTV I can't recommend the VGA cable enough.

It held me over very well until I got a real 720p set. Seconding the VGA cable recommendation. It's better if you have a widescreen monitor, but it will still look better on your 4:3 computer monitor than on your 4:3 480i television

OrangeBrand
By a Truck
posted 04-29-2007 05:52:52 PM
GT: Tuefen Hunden

(yes I know it is misspelled, I had to do it since I couldn't spell it right back in the good old days of EQ)

SPELLCHECK is a four letter word.
Skaw
posted 04-29-2007 10:04:31 PM
Slayer Skaw
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 05-06-2007 02:50:25 PM
So who all picked up Catan? We should get a game of that going sometime.
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 05-06-2007 03:54:21 PM
I picked it up. Been having some fun with it on single player learning more about the game as I play.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 05-06-2007 04:01:57 PM
Eh.. I'll only get one if "The Force Unleased" stays console exclusive.
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 05-06-2007 04:28:36 PM
Computer cheats, you should play online and see how people actually play and socialize.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 05-07-2007 07:37:03 PM
Looking forward to Shadowrun.

Maradon!
posted 05-07-2007 07:46:07 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael who doth quote:
Looking forward to Shadowrun.

Oh god yes

Alaan
posted 05-08-2007 01:35:22 AM
Now if only it had a damn thing to do with Shadowrun besides being VERY loosely set in the universe.
Maradon!
posted 05-08-2007 01:36:34 AM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Alaan who doth quote:
Now if only it had a damn thing to do with Shadowrun besides being VERY loosely set in the universe.

Doesn't bother me much. The gameplay looks awesome and really that's what counts.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 05-08-2007 07:13:11 AM
These days the Pen and Paper Shadowrun has very little to do with itself except being loosely based in the same universe as previous incarnations.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 05-08-2007 07:49:51 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael said this about your mom:
These days the Pen and Paper Shadowrun has very little to do with itself except being loosely based in the same universe as previous incarnations.

Hmm, a friend of mine is playing SR since the first edition, and he said that the current, the fourth edition is the best of them all. And not just because it is the newest. He isn't that kind of person.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Cherveny
Papaya
posted 05-08-2007 03:25:08 PM
quote:
This one time, at Dr. Gee camp:
I picked it up. Been having some fun with it on single player learning more about the game as I play.

I just picked Catan up too after getting addicted from the trial. Still mostly doing single player as well, getting the strategy down, etc.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: