EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: God of War 2
Gadani
U
posted 03-17-2007 03:36:22 AM
Oh. I feel retarded. Thanks guys!
Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-17-2007 03:38:40 AM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Willias:
Raise the statue, climb fast, use fleece.

Edit: The Fleece is the most awesome upgrade in this game. Being able to fire back fireballs, gorgon gazes, and various other energy beams is just. fucking. satisfying.

It's cool, but I miss the original parry-chain swing thing, since the volcano counter misses half the time and fucks up your combo chains.

Plus, that fleece isn't that great for those Gorgons with Gorgon Flashes.

YAY PHOENIX CHAMBER

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 03-17-2007 03:53:11 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about dark elf butts:
It's cool, but I miss the original parry-chain swing thing, since the volcano counter misses half the time and fucks up your combo chains.

Plus, that fleece isn't that great for those Gorgons with Gorgon Flashes.

YAY PHOENIX CHAMBER

Isn't that great? What isn't great about reflecting their stare and turning everything in a 360 degree arc to stone? D=

Gadani
U
posted 03-17-2007 03:55:15 AM
I just got to Atlas.

This game is the fuckin' bomb diggity, yo.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-17-2007 03:55:53 AM
Maybe my reflexes just suck, then, because those things stone in the blink of an eye. When you're fighting one of them and there are those saucy little satyrs running around, you die in a heartbeat.
Gadani
U
posted 03-17-2007 04:07:57 AM
I really fucking hate rock/lava minotaurs.

e: YOU ARE DEAD: Would you like to switch to Easy Mode?

Gadani fucked around with this message on 03-17-2007 at 04:10 AM.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-17-2007 04:10:27 AM
quote:
Gadani probably says this to all the girls:
I really fucking hate rock/lava minotaurs.

They're not so bad. Once they stop pounding the damn earth and start doing their little spinny routine, it's just a matter of wearing them down.

Vorago
posted 03-17-2007 11:20:00 AM
Question...

There was the one room a little bit past the door requiring the Key of the Ram (After bludgeoning the first scholar to death)

You were in the bottom of a deep pit with three firefly hives, in the center was a crank that you had to rotate like four full times. Turning the crank made a spartan helm icon on the wall turn and grind out sparks while lowering a grapple point.

Had to lower the grapple to the bottom, grapple it and then ride it to the top as the crank unwinds

For the LIFE of me I could not figure out how the hell you kill the two upper wasp hives, they were forever spitting wasps out no matter what I tried to get to them. I got past the room (Just turned my rage on once I grappled so their shots wouldn't knock me off), but just curious how the heck it was supposed to be done because I am still stumped haha

Willias
Pancake
posted 03-17-2007 01:51:56 PM
There was a wall you could climb up to smash the hives.
Vorago
posted 03-17-2007 03:36:18 PM
Just beat the game, woo!

Several things...

One... the nipples... oh god the nipples... my eyes will never feel clean again!

Secondly, the final boss is freaking awesome. I ended up doing more fleece reflects in that fight alone than the entire game combined, I was seriously getting up into the low 40s for reflects on that, heh.

The ending makes me want God of War 3 so damn bad though

Greenlit
posted 03-17-2007 06:28:22 PM
Put in a few more hours today. Got the hammer a little while ago, it is fucking metal.

And I'm loving the puzzles. They're damned clever.

Willias
Pancake
posted 03-17-2007 06:49:36 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Vorago wrote:
Just beat the game, woo!

Several things...

One... the nipples... oh god the nipples... my eyes will never feel clean again!

Secondly, the final boss is freaking awesome. I ended up doing more fleece reflects in that fight alone than the entire game combined, I was seriously getting up into the low 40s for reflects on that, heh.

The ending makes me want God of War 3 so damn bad though

Now do Titan mode and the Challenges.

The Colossus in Titan Mode can kill you in 2 hits. Also died 4 times just now trying to get out of Hades.

That and some of the challenges made me want to smash my TV. Just remember this: The average of your rank on the 7 challenges is what matters, you don't have to get Titan on all 7 to get Titan rank. I got 5 Titan ranks and 2 God ranks and got a full Titan rank to unlock the Arena (which makes it really, really easy to get the 20 cyclops eyes), 2 urns, and the God Armor costume for bonus play.

Oh, and before you jump into the challenges, go back into a normal game with Bonus Play on, turn on the Urn of Gaia, and upgrade everything to max (note, it's super easy by getting the Blade of Olympus to level 2 and then mashing L1 + Circle), then save. You'll keep all of the upgrades for Challenge mode which makes it much, much easier.

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 03-17-2007 06:53:19 PM
Is it me, or does the Barbarian King sound a lot like Manaroth?
"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Cthulhu_Spawn
Pancake
posted 03-17-2007 08:16:47 PM
Hi everyone. I am hoping for some assistance with the Sisters of Fate Bosses. The circle to initiate the kill sequence appeared once, and I've already sent the Lady Deathstrike Sister into the mirror. by accident I slowed time, and hit the sister when she popped out of the mirror. She hasn't reappeared since, and I am at my wits end. I've been at this stage for roughly an hour, and I'd like to finish the game. Any tips?

Nvm, I figured it out.

Cthulhu_Spawn fucked around with this message on 03-17-2007 at 10:46 PM.

Willias
Pancake
posted 03-17-2007 11:11:47 PM
Holy fuck Titan mode is hard.

Did it work this way in God Mode in GoW1? Red orbs don't always give red orbs (open a nice red chest and get absolutely nothing from it), and green and blue chests don't fill your entire health bar (or at least completely fill it when it's maxed out). Also, green and blue orbs from enemies don't fill up your health or magic bars as much as they did in Hard mode.

In the fight with Theseus, his third stage was stupidly hard. A tip for those who have yet to do it: His little energy blasts barely do any damage at all, and you're almost better off ignoring them. However, if you get hit with any of his Ice Spikes or the minotaurs, you're going to lose 1/3 to 1/2 of your health.

Willias fucked around with this message on 03-17-2007 at 11:12 PM.

Greenlit
posted 03-17-2007 11:37:24 PM
I was playing on God until Theseus. That fight is just fucking retarded in every way.

It's a far too long fight (three or four different stages) without any way to replenish your health/energy. Three attempts in a row I got smacked by a missile or ice spear while grappling the minotaurs, which fucked it up and netted me 0 health and energy return.

Such a grandma.

Gadani
U
posted 03-18-2007 12:58:08 AM
Is the Chamber of the Phoenix the one with the lights and the bird?
Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-18-2007 01:21:36 AM
quote:
Gadani had this to say about pies:
Is the Chamber of the Phoenix the one with the lights and the bird?

HEY GUYS WHAT IS A PHONEIX

ITS A BIRD RIGHT
ITS A BIRD ON FIRE

OH JESUS THIS IS SO HARD PLEASE GOD HELP ME

hahahah

happy st patricks day

Gadani
U
posted 03-18-2007 01:22:16 AM
no

that was possibly the easiest puzzle all game :v

Willias
Pancake
posted 03-18-2007 01:51:08 AM
quote:
Greenlit stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
I was playing on God until Theseus. That fight is just fucking retarded in every way.

It's a far too long fight (three or four different stages) without any way to replenish your health/energy. Three attempts in a row I got smacked by a missile or ice spear while grappling the minotaurs, which fucked it up and netted me 0 health and energy return.

Such a grandma.

Bah, he's a pussy until he climbs up the wall. All of his attacks can be blocked, and the one attack that can't be blocked (the one where he impales you and slams you into the ground, it's one that there's a reaction counter to) doesn't do shit for damage.

Also, I didn't know you could get hurt while grappling a minotaur, as I was abusing its invulnerability during that part of the fight.

I will say that Titan made the fight very... interesting. Kinda like OH GOD I HOPE THESE MINOTAURS DON'T HIT ME GOD I WISH THEY'D DIE FASTER SO I CAN USE THE BOW MORE.

Had to go through 5 or 6 waves of the fucking things before I managed to knock the bastard off.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-18-2007 08:53:11 AM
Finally beat it. This game was as awesome as it comes.

God of War 3: Kratos vs. Olympus

God of War 4: Kratos vs. Titans

God of War 5: Kratos vs. ...Jesus

And so on until Kratos wipes out all religious figures.

Lotho was pretty hideous, yeah (how many breasts can one thing have?), but not too hard. Zeus himself wasn't nearly as tough as Ares or the Kratos-clones, either.

The hardest boss I think I faced was...hm...Euryale had a bunch of close calls, the Kraken was tough to figure out, and I was pretty close on the Dark Rider.

Thank God there was no bladed pillar this round.

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 03-18-2007 10:54:50 AM
Ok. What the fuck. I am stuck guys. I am in a room with a spiked floor. You pull a lever and it lowers the spikes for about 5 seconds. There is a breakable wall on the far side of the room with two Chests with Red orbs and a TIme stop statue. There is also a Crank with a corpse on it.

I break the wall, I stop time but I can't figure out how to get past this. I figure the crank raises the gate blocking my exit, however as soon as I start to turn the crank time starts back at normal speed and I don't have time to turn it all the way before the spikes come out of the floor and kill me. How the fuck do I get past this room.

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Vorago
posted 03-18-2007 11:14:54 AM
quote:
Azizza had this to say about Pirotess:
Ok. What the fuck. I am stuck guys. I am in a room with a spiked floor. You pull a lever and it lowers the spikes for about 5 seconds. There is a breakable wall on the far side of the room with two Chests with Red orbs and a TIme stop statue. There is also a Crank with a corpse on it.

I break the wall, I stop time but I can't figure out how to get past this. I figure the crank raises the gate blocking my exit, however as soon as I start to turn the crank time starts back at normal speed and I don't have time to turn it all the way before the spikes come out of the floor and kill me. How the fuck do I get past this room.

First, pull the crank to lower the spikes, break the breakable wall and run back to the safe spot so the spikes eviscerate the guys inside. Can do this a few more times to grab the chests now and to get the gem off the corpse.

Now, pull the level to lower the spikes, grab the crank and give it a full rotation, THEN stop time and hop across the two pits and run under the gate before time resumes and the spikes impale you.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 03-18-2007 12:38:37 PM
quote:
I suppose the same could be said of all Azizzas...

An "Azizza begging for help" post. Imagine that.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 03-18-2007 12:45:04 PM
quote:
Vorago had this to say about Knight Rider:
First, pull the crank to lower the spikes, break the breakable wall and run back to the safe spot so the spikes eviscerate the guys inside. Can do this a few more times to grab the chests now and to get the gem off the corpse.

Now, pull the level to lower the spikes, grab the crank and give it a full rotation, THEN stop time and hop across the two pits and run under the gate before time resumes and the spikes impale you.

Got it. Now just to beat these damn sisters. They are a pain in the ass. Bitch keeps popping out of the mirror and won't stay long enough for me to kill her. The nerve.

Willias
Pancake
posted 03-18-2007 01:10:33 PM
That's because you're doing it wrong.
Gadani
U
posted 03-18-2007 01:25:43 PM
these spinning columns are pissing me off

e: posting on the internet makes everything better, i'm past them now

Gadani fucked around with this message on 03-18-2007 at 01:26 PM.

Vorago
posted 03-18-2007 06:51:08 PM
quote:
Azizza had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Got it. Now just to beat these damn sisters. They are a pain in the ass. Bitch keeps popping out of the mirror and won't stay long enough for me to kill her. The nerve.

Gotta beat the flying sister down until she hits the dirt and temporarily becomes an amulet charge point so you can stop time long enough to get to the mirror sister

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 03-18-2007 07:16:02 PM
THanks. I finally Beat them. Actually beat the game.
I think Sony must have taken a lesson from Microsoft/Bungie about ending Video games. This was as bad as the ending of Halo 2.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-18-2007 08:37:01 PM
I thought it was pretty cool. The whole "time travel" aspect was a little bogus, but not unexpected or out there, and it does set the stage for the third game...

...which is supposedly going to be on the PS3

Talonus
Loner
posted 03-18-2007 09:07:18 PM
I really didn't see an issue with the ending. It basically gave you enough of an idea to know what would happen next even if there wasn't a God of War 3, but it sets up the start of God of War 3 as well.

On the other hand, the Halo 2 ending did not suffice. Without Halo 3 the ending was incomplete and leaves you hanging.

Blackened
posted 03-18-2007 11:55:05 PM
Started and finished it today. Took me roughly 9 hours to play through it all.

9/10, probably a 9.5 after another play-through perhaps.

The bonus costumes are fukken great. Cod of War!

Although my distaste for you as a human being is brobdingnagian,
what I'm about to do isn't personal.
Gadani
U
posted 03-19-2007 02:19:32 AM
What the fuck am I supposed to do on Challenge 4?

I keep slowing time and moving the old bastard around, but the enemies never stop coming and there's no timer.

Willias
Pancake
posted 03-19-2007 02:25:23 AM
Keep the scribe dude in the circle, smash all the enemies until they stop coming.

That's about it. Use maxed out Blade of Olympus for maximized killing.

Oh, and a tip for Challenge 7: Fuck the bonus. You can get Titan rank without it.

Willias fucked around with this message on 03-19-2007 at 02:26 AM.

Greenlit
posted 03-19-2007 02:49:49 AM
quote:
Gadani had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
What the fuck am I supposed to do on Challenge 4?

I keep slowing time and moving the old bastard around, but the enemies never stop coming and there's no timer.

It's pretty retarded. Freeze time as often as you can, use the maxed out Olympus Blade to kill everything but sirens and dogs (use Athena Blades for them), and save all your mana to instant-freeze and shatter the cyclopses.

I was cursing and screaming the whole time for that one. Fucking mobs would just completely ignore Kratos going rapeshit on their asses to smack the little dude across the arena.

Willias
Pancake
posted 03-19-2007 02:58:08 AM
Don't forget to use magic too! Chronos' Rage and Atlas Quake are pretty good at keeping enemies locked down.

And I killed the sirens and dogs with the Blade of Olympus too. D: (Actually, the fastest way to kill the dogs is to grab and kick them.)

I had more trouble with Challenge 2 than Challenge 4.

Willias
Pancake
posted 03-19-2007 03:22:05 AM
Crazy people play these games you know.

Here's a complete listing of all Combo bonuses in the game, from a current thread on GameFAQs:

10 hits – Vicious - +2 Red Orbs
20 – Sadistic - +4
30 – Savage - +6
40 – Inhuman - +8
50 – Bloodthirsty - +10
80 – Relentless - +15
100 - Merciless - +20
200 – Pitiless - +25
300 – Monstrous - +30
400 – Tyrannical - +40
500 – Immortal - +50
600 – Ferocious - +60
700 – Godly - +70
800 – Omnipotent - +80
900 – Olympic - +90
1000 – All-Powerful - +100
1250 - Herculean - +200
1500 - Supreme - +300
1750 - Unearthly - +400
2000 – Impossible - +500
100,000 - Keep Going - +9999
200,000 - More, More, More - +9999
300,000 - Not Bad For A Mortal - +9999
400,000 - The Mystery Is Unfolding - +9999
500,000 - More Hits, More Hits! - +9999
600,000 - Your Destiny Awaits! - +9999
700,000 - Your Fate Is Unraveling! - +9999
800,000 - Almost There! - +9999
900,000 - The Secret Is Near! - +9999
999,999 - www.islandofrhodes.org - +9999

Willias
Pancake
posted 03-27-2007 01:54:11 PM
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 03-28-2007 06:46:39 AM
Probably the PSP version of GoW they have been talking about.
Willias
Pancake
posted 03-28-2007 12:00:36 PM
But it says Playstation 2.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: