EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: So.. yeah
Dave
)_(
posted 11-19-2006 09:51:25 PM
There is an upcoming class revamp for hunters that should put them on the DPS meters again.
Maradon!
posted 11-19-2006 10:00:30 PM
Thing is, hunters really don't need much more DPS, they need raid utility.

They're extremely good in 5 man groups where they can feign pull and pets stay alive long enough to do appreciable damage. It's just that their pets have zero raid utility due to excessive AoE and cleaving.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 11-20-2006 06:56:36 PM
I think the EQ2 ranger devs invaded the WoW hunter devs offices and replaced all their stuff...

That's the exact problem with rangers in EQ2. We have very little raid utility, but we solo and group just fine.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 11-20-2006 07:52:10 PM
Troll Rogue is kicking ass. Mainly because a lot of the aggravating stuff about other rogue classes I've played isn't an issue.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Darkness
Pancake
posted 11-20-2006 10:00:43 PM
There's really not much inspiration for a hunter to raid right now, our gear scales terribly. Compare a 14 dps gain on Rhok to Nerubian Slavemaker to a 21 dps gain from Quel'Serrar to Gressil, then realize that's a 2-handed to 1-handed comparison. >< Hence, the big Hunter revamp.

The new patch should help Hunter's raid utility pretty well, too, with the new Improved Hunter's Mark (110 AP bonus to all melee/ranged), Trueshot Aura (125 AP to melee/ranged in our group), Expose Weakness (AP bonus to all melee/ranged depending on our AGI), Ferocious Inspiration (3% damage bonus to our group), and at level 70, Misdirection. Steady Shot makes our raid DPS a bit nicer, too. Just hope the changes let our pets survive a raid situation for more than a few seconds.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: