EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: So.. yeah
El Cuchillo
RETARD! DO NOT FEED!
posted 11-10-2006 08:00:54 AM
quote:
Densetsu wrote this stupid crap:
Now that there's global LFG chat, sentiments like this are pretty much out-of-date. Now the grime of an entire server's faction is available through one handy channel. You don't even need to be in the same zone!

Thankfully there's a rate limiter on it, not that it makes much difference since there's so many people in it.

Strip Club - Online Comic Reader and Archiver for Linux and Windows (and maybe OSX)
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 11-10-2006 08:02:11 AM
quote:
This one time, at Densetsu camp:
Each Warlock tree has a lowest-tier 5-point ability that is an absolute must-have, at least for levelling.

Imp corruption? Imp Shadow Bolt? +sta -spi? Sign me up!

Not really. Demonic Embrace is nice to have while levelling but won't provide much of a benefit while levelling. Improved Shadow bolt? Well, that's kinda shit for levelling too since you won't be tossing many bolts as it is, so the random effect on crit won't be very beneficial

For levelling, most anything from the affliction tree is God-like since they are primarily guaranteed buffs to skills. Save for Nightfall, of course. And that's not to say the talents you mentioned don't rock later on -- when you have tons of STA, Demonic Embrace can swing your hit points by 500 or 600 and imp shadow bolt is killer on a raid. Just that they aren't as great for levelling.

Maradon!
posted 11-10-2006 01:41:20 PM
quote:
x--DensetsuO-('-'Q) :
Each Warlock tree has a lowest-tier 5-point ability that is an absolute must-have, at least for levelling.

Imp corruption? Imp Shadow Bolt? +sta -spi? Sign me up!

Imp shadowbolt is lousy.. maybe you're thinking of bane.

Greenlit
posted 11-10-2006 01:48:34 PM
Every once in a while I'll just stir up a colossal hornet's nest in the Elune LFG channel just for the hell of it. I miss highinstance, an old LFG alternative for BRD+, but it was even worse drama at times.

Worldwide LFG really is the worst idea Blizzard's had in a while. Only the meeting stones, that I can think of recently, have flopped as painfully as that.

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 11-10-2006 02:08:12 PM
quote:
Greenlit thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Only the meeting stones, that I can think of recently, have flopped as painfully as that.

The what? <_<

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 11-10-2006 03:24:15 PM
quote:
Die, Falaanla Marr! You don't belong in this world!
Not really. Demonic Embrace is nice to have while levelling but won't provide much of a benefit while levelling. Improved Shadow bolt? Well, that's kinda shit for levelling too since you won't be tossing many bolts as it is, so the random effect on crit won't be very beneficial

For levelling, most anything from the affliction tree is God-like since they are primarily guaranteed buffs to skills. Save for Nightfall, of course. And that's not to say the talents you mentioned don't rock later on -- when you have tons of STA, Demonic Embrace can swing your hit points by 500 or 600 and imp shadow bolt is killer on a raid. Just that they aren't as great for levelling.

It's been so long since I even looked at my Warlock's talent tree, since I haven't played her as anything other than a bank mule for a while, so I could be wrong on which Destruction talent I felt was necessary.

quote:
Die, Greenlit! You don't belong in this world!

Worldwide LFG really is the worst idea Blizzard's had in a while.

I agree to a point, and I disagree to a point. I really can't see how Blizzard could simply not predict the current state of LFG. It makes you wonder if they even play their own damned game. However, it is a good idea honestly. I think a simple solution to the problem would to make general chat global as well. I think then people would migrate their trash to there and global LFG would be used for what it was intended. At least then those that get sick of having to weed through all the garbage to actually find groups or group members could simply mute general chat.

Sometimes it is entertaining to watch the drama that comes out of a global chat channel, though.

Edit: I think the problem of LFG would have been lessened if global general chat was added at the same time though. Adding it in now might not fix all of the problems because people will be reluctant to use it with the excuse "There's nobody there, and everybody is here in this channel." The same reason that there's guild spam all over my server's LFG channel instead of the guild recruitment channel.

Densetsu fucked around with this message on 11-10-2006 at 03:26 PM.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Mightion Defensor
posted 11-10-2006 03:26:27 PM
quote:
It has been ordained by Primus, that there will be a Chosen One who will use the Matrix to "light our darkest hour." That darkest hour may come sooner if Vorago keeps posting things like this:
The what? <_<

Exactly.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 11-10-2006 06:14:57 PM
quote:
Mightion Defensor had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Exactly.

That was the joke, thank you.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 11-10-2006 06:49:11 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan was naked while typing this:
By 20, you get a good feel for most classes and you can get 20 in a few days.

So just try everythang.

That's what I figured I would do. Try things out, see what I liked. I mostly was looking for a starting place.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Mr. Parcelan
posted 11-10-2006 06:50:06 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael had this to say about Punky Brewster:
That's what I figured I would do. Try things out, see what I liked. I mostly was looking for a starting place.

Undead Warlock
Dwarf/Night Elf Hunter

buh

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 11-10-2006 07:59:20 PM
I have a Dwarf Hunter. It's very satisfying to shoot boars in the ass with a blunderbuss.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 11-10-2006 10:18:54 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Punky Brewster:

Night Elf

Eyebrow People! *hides*

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 11-11-2006 02:05:05 AM
Oh God the eyebrows!
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 11-11-2006 07:24:36 AM
It's not so much the eyebrows that worry me as much as the ears. I know I draw elves with some big ears...but damn.
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty

Malbi
posted 11-11-2006 03:16:10 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
It's not so much the eyebrows that worry me as much as the ears. I know I draw elves with some big ears...but damn.

could put a guys eye out

I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 11-11-2006 06:36:43 PM
Dwarf Hunter hasn't died yet at level 6.
Human Warrior has died like four times at level 4.
Human Warlock is still level 1, and would probably die if he stubbed his toe.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 11-11-2006 06:44:36 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Dwarf Hunter hasn't died yet at level 6.
Human Warlock is still level 1, and would probably die if he stubbed his toe.

This is about par for the course.

Hunters are bafflingly good soloers with high damage pets and high DPS themselves. However, since there are 4.4 billion of them on any server at any given time, it makes it harder to get a group.

Warriors tend to die a lot in their first few levels and it gets slightly easier as time develops. With no crowd control and no reliable escape options, however, they'll usually die more than other classes (with the possibility of Priests and Mages). The upside is that, in the later levels, Warriors are a complete necessity.

Warlocks are for sissynannies.

Nina
posted 11-11-2006 06:52:19 PM
On the upside, if you take Engineering with a warrior and blow some cash on potions and good food you become a killing machine.

Of course, that's hard to do without being twinked somehow.

Nina fucked around with this message on 11-11-2006 at 06:52 PM.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 11-11-2006 06:58:46 PM
I do like that they got creative with the power pool. Hunters and Warlocks have a blue bar they can drain (Warlocks more than Hunters, I gather), while Warriors build up Rage to power their moves. Very cool.

Dave
)_(
posted 11-11-2006 07:16:18 PM
If Blizzard would have left the LFG tag in the game (pretty much just like eq's) none of the lfg channels and meeting stones would be needed.
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 11-11-2006 07:36:44 PM
CoX had a really good LFG system.

Pity it probably wouldn't work with the sheer amount of players WoW has.

Led
*kaboom*
posted 11-11-2006 07:41:56 PM
I always wondered why the LFG system was so trashy, when they did everything else so well.

I like global LFG, I just turn it off if it gets annoying.

Nina
posted 11-11-2006 07:53:44 PM
quote:
Sakkra painfully thought these words up:
CoX had a really good LFG system.

Pity it probably wouldn't work with the sheer amount of players WoW has.

On the contrary... As a matter of fact, Blizzard is implementing something that's eerily similar to CoX's LFG system.

Goodbye meeting stones. Ha ha ha! Meeting stones. Get it?

Nina fucked around with this message on 11-11-2006 at 07:54 PM.

Maradon!
posted 11-11-2006 07:55:09 PM
Hunters are also fairly marginalized in a raiding scenario.

They're basically gimped mages with tranq shot and only really used for pulling.

Peter
Pancake
posted 11-11-2006 10:51:08 PM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael had this to say about John Romero:
Eyebrow People! *hides*

Go Go moo cow.

Plus Mulgore is like the bestest noobie grounds since Everfrost, IMHO.

Willias
Pancake
posted 11-11-2006 11:21:35 PM
quote:
Nina had this to say about Optimus Prime:
On the contrary... As a matter of fact, Blizzard is implementing something that's eerily similar to CoX's LFG system.

Goodbye meeting stones. Ha ha ha! Meeting stones. Get it?

'Cept meeting stones are being revamped to something that's actually kinda cool.

Ruvyen
Cartoon Broccoli Boy
posted 11-12-2006 11:42:14 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Peter wrote:
Go Go moo cow.

Plus Mulgore is like the bestest noobie grounds since Everfrost, IMHO.

I hated Mulgore. It's way too damn big, and there's a ton of roaming mobs making it hard to fight single enemies. No other newbie zone in the game got me killed as many times as Mulgore.

quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:

The main reason warriors tend to die a lot at the early levels is gear. Not only is the gear you get total crap, but you also level up and outgrow your gear really, really quickly. As soon as you get some decent stuff, things get a whole ton easier. At level 10, you get your quest for Defensive Stance. Do NOT skip this quest. Not only is Defensive Stance absolutely required for tanking, but finishing this one leads to another one that will reward you with a ~8DPS one-handed weapon. With that, you should level fairly quickly until about level 15 or 16 or so. It's likely you'll find something a little better before then.

Run dungeons as soon as you can, and as often as you can. Not only does it give you experience with tanking, but you'll find some really nice stuff in most of them. And lots of money.

Thief: "I have come to a realisation. Dragons are not real in a general sense, but they may exist in certain specific cases."
Fighter: "Like how quantum mechanics describes how subatomic particles can spontaneously pop into existence at random!"
Thief: "No, that's stupid and stop making up words."
--8-Bit Theater
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 11-19-2006 11:23:39 AM
For the Horde!

Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 11-19-2006 11:39:30 AM
The Great Kodo.
"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
Nina
posted 11-19-2006 01:30:45 PM
That was awesome.
Led
*kaboom*
posted 11-19-2006 01:57:26 PM
Nooo not the pumpkin farm
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 11-19-2006 02:06:19 PM
I made a trollop hunter named Jasira on Elune.

Led
*kaboom*
posted 11-19-2006 02:37:14 PM
Come play on bleeding hollow :3 I will give you like 5 gold and show you where all the night elves are, ripe for the squishing!
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 11-19-2006 05:51:23 PM
My Orc warrior hasn't died nearly as much as the human did. Stupid humans.

My Troll Rogue kicks ass.

So far...this means I have two cool Alliance folks (my Warlock and my Hunter) and two cool Horde folks...and one lousy Alliance guy.

This more or less proves what I suspected: Horde = Good.

Willias
Pancake
posted 11-19-2006 05:55:27 PM
Gnome rogue > all other rogues.
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 11-19-2006 06:02:32 PM
quote:
So quoth Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael:
My Orc warrior hasn't died nearly as much as the human did. Stupid humans.

My Troll Rogue kicks ass.

So far...this means I have two cool Alliance folks (my Warlock and my Hunter) and two cool Horde folks...and one lousy Alliance guy.

This more or less proves what I suspected: Horde = Good.

Personal experience:
Troll Rogue = pwnage
Human Warlock = meh
Human Rogue = Major Pwnage
Orc Hunter = Good
Troll Shaman = Evil
Undead Rogue = pwnage
Human Priest = fucking boring
Dwarf Hunter = Meh
Gnome Mage = Gnomish Genocide Engine
Bovine Shaman = Entertaining

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 11-19-2006 06:38:03 PM
I've noticed something bizarre in that there has been a baffling and mind-boggling shortage of Hunters lately on my server. Has anyone else seen this?
Peter
Pancake
posted 11-19-2006 06:58:08 PM
quote:
How.... Random Insanity Generator.... uughhhhhh:
Personal experience:
Troll Rogue = pwnage
Human Warlock = meh
Human Rogue = Major Pwnage
Orc Hunter = Good
Troll Shaman = Evil
Undead Rogue = pwnage
Human Priest = fucking boring
Dwarf Hunter = Meh
Gnome Mage = Gnomish Genocide Engine
Bovine Shaman = Entertaining

Up until 28-ish I did well with a Gnome Warrior

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 11-19-2006 07:37:12 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Punky Brewster:
I've noticed something bizarre in that there has been a baffling and mind-boggling shortage of Hunters lately on my server. Has anyone else seen this?

Yea, we've started having runs with only 2 or 3 hunters. Don't know why, but hunters are out of favor in the end game.

Maradon!
posted 11-19-2006 09:02:43 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Naimah booooze lime pole over bench lick:
Yea, we've started having runs with only 2 or 3 hunters. Don't know why, but hunters are out of favor in the end game.

They really don't bring much to the table. Mediocre DPS and almost zero utility. At best you need a couple for tranq and one to pull.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: