EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Hey Parcelan.
Sean
posted 08-17-2005 12:49:58 PM
quote:
OtakuPenguin had this to say about (_|_):
What the hell, y0? Something must be up, otherwise there wouldn't be so many people up in arms.

Alan Scott fucking sucks. And Barbara Gordon never had any right putting on a Bat-mantle.

Edit, real answers: Moderation begets controversy. There was plenty of controversy back when Drys was a more active moderator; don't you remember all of the shitfits Lyinar and Deth threw whenever he actually did anything?

RoboDeth only caused problems when he would selectively moderate in Lyinar's favor.. because that's the only time he did anything.

Dolemite was relatively clean, unlike his standup act.

Parce's modship is only dredging up old grudges and the standard anti-moderator backlash.

Sean fucked around with this message on 08-17-2005 at 12:54 PM.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Jackman
Racist Hermaphroditic Midget
posted 08-17-2005 12:56:55 PM
Peter: I'm not afraid of anything, I laugh in the face of Death. See HAHAHAHA.
Death: Oh great! Thanks a lot. As if it wasnt already hard enough to fit in.

Some people are like Slinkys... Not really good for anything, But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 08-17-2005 01:07:35 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent OtakuPenguin said:
Notice though, that when it was basically just Drysart (and even Snoota, come to think of it) there was never this much controversy. Ever.

"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 08-17-2005 01:13:59 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Inferno-Spirit wrote:

Seriously. OP, you're a dumbass.

There were multi-paged threads all over the place. Any time Drysart so much as spoke a word somebody's (Lyinar's) panties pretty much got in a bunch. Plus, people constantly bitched at how groups treated other groups (Old members vs. new, texans vs everyone else...).

EC is pretty quiet now compared to how it was.

Snugglits fucked around with this message on 08-17-2005 at 01:14 PM.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 08-17-2005 01:28:00 PM
is the bit about texans vs everyone else true or is that a joke?
"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
Sean
posted 08-17-2005 01:34:39 PM
True.

The Texans were a bunch of whiny arrogant faggots back in the day, but so were the Canadians and Europeans to a lesser extent.

Sean fucked around with this message on 08-17-2005 at 01:35 PM.

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 08-17-2005 01:38:28 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Sean!
True.

The Texans were a bunch of whiny arrogant faggots back in the day, but so were the Canadians and Europeans to a lesser extent.

"were"?

Sean
posted 08-17-2005 01:39:13 PM
Most of them have shut up now, but I see your point, Onion-san.

OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 08-17-2005 02:23:46 PM
quote:
Sean painfully thought these words up:
Alan Scott fucking sucks. And Barbara Gordon never had any right putting on a Bat-mantle.

Edit, real answers: Moderation begets controversy. There was plenty of controversy back when Drys was a more active moderator; don't you remember all of the shitfits Lyinar and Deth threw whenever he actually did anything?

RoboDeth only caused problems when he would selectively moderate in Lyinar's favor.. because that's the only time he did anything.

Dolemite was relatively clean, unlike his standup act.

Parce's modship is only dredging up old grudges and the standard anti-moderator backlash.

You'll be surprised at this but, you're right. I completely forgot about all of the backlash against a lot of Drys' actions, and like I said, Snoota's modship didn't really stir up anything.

But, you have to admit that whether for good or bad (and in all honesty, I'm completely indifferent on the whole Parce dealio, I happen to think he's funny occasionally) his modship has stirred up controversy.

And they don't suck...plus, they're cute as puppets =p

OtakuPenguin fucked around with this message on 08-17-2005 at 02:24 PM.

..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 08-17-2005 02:27:02 PM
Banfest 2k5.
"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Snugglits
posted 08-17-2005 02:28:47 PM
quote:
Inferno-Spirit obviously shouldn't have said:
Banfest 2k5.

If only.

Sean
posted 08-17-2005 02:41:17 PM
quote:
Why, OtakuPenguin! where you goin' with that shotgun?
And they don't suck...plus, they're cute as puppets =p

Alan Scott isn't even a real goddamn Green Lantern, he's some douche that found a ring in a SUBWAY. He has the worst origin since Power Girl and should've been both scrapped and forgotten as soon as Hal Jordan came around. Green Lantern Corps > fags in subways.

Barbara as Batgirl doesn't even fit the pattern emerging now of Batman surrounding himself with not one full replacement, but a handful of specialized ones; Dick for leadership and acrobatics, Tim for detective work, Cass for brawling. Babs fits in better as Oracle, period, and her stint as Batgirl was not necessary to put her in that position.. except for getting capped in the ass, that is.

OtakuPenguin
posted 08-17-2005 02:43:09 PM
quote:
Verily, Sean doth proclaim:
Alan Scott isn't even a real goddamn Green Lantern, he's some douche that found a ring in a SUBWAY. He has the worst origin since Power Girl and should've been both scrapped and forgotten as soon as Hal Jordan came around. Green Lantern Corps > fags in subways.

Barbara as Batgirl doesn't even fit the pattern emerging now of Batman surrounding himself with not one full replacement, but a handful of specialized ones; Dick for leadership and acrobatics, Tim for detective work, Cass for brawling. Babs fits in better as Oracle, period, and her stint as Batgirl was not necessary to put her in that position.. except for getting capped in the ass, that is.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-17-2005 03:06:01 PM
Controversy is one way to look at it.

The other way to look at it is that a lot of people are either grudge-bearing crybabies (Lyinar), psychotic bitches (Lyinar) or trying to get on or lead an anti-Parcelan bandwagon to get their latest attention fix (Lyinar, Yuri, etc.)

I don't need approval, just obedience. TOTAL OBEDIENCE.

Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 08-17-2005 03:27:25 PM
Well yes sir Mr. Sassypants.
Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 08-17-2005 03:33:05 PM
in before random gydyon praise
hey
Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 08-17-2005 03:34:00 PM
Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 08-17-2005 03:34:36 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
Controversy is one way to look at it.

The other way to look at it is that a lot of people are either grudge-bearing crybabies (Lyinar), psychotic bitches (Lyinar) or trying to get on or lead an anti-Parcelan bandwagon to get their latest attention fix (Lyinar, Yuri, etc.)

I don't need approval, just obedience. TOTAL OBEDIENCE.

How bout TOTAL OBSTINANCE? Or TOTAL RECALL? Or TOTALLY TUBULAR?!

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-17-2005 03:35:45 PM
quote:
Katrinity said this about your mom:

Start the reactor, John.

Snugglits
posted 08-17-2005 03:35:47 PM
in before horsecock

o wait

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 08-17-2005 03:39:14 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan probably says this to all the girls:
Start the reactor, John.

Douglas Quaid: Benny! Here!
Benny: WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?
Douglas Quaid: [killing him with a large drill] SCREW YOU!

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 08-17-2005 03:40:44 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Sean:

1. Alan Scott didn't get his ring out of a subway. Re-read his origin, biatch. Your version isn't even an oversimplified version of things. In current continuity, you couldn't have even had the Corps unless the Starheart (Alan's power source) had been purged.

2. If you're accepting current continuity, then yes Babs fits better as Oracle (arguably; read Batgirl Year One and you get a different take on things). If you want old continuity (meaning you'd be right on item 1, but wrong on this item), then you're broadly right.

Either you like current continuity's choices or you don't. Can't have it both ways, bub.

Besides, I might remind you that Beast Boy (your sigpic) used to wear an orange butterfly-looking mask. And was called "Changeling".

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Jackman
Racist Hermaphroditic Midget
posted 08-17-2005 03:43:17 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Katrinity wrote:

Total abstinence?

Peter: I'm not afraid of anything, I laugh in the face of Death. See HAHAHAHA.
Death: Oh great! Thanks a lot. As if it wasnt already hard enough to fit in.

Some people are like Slinkys... Not really good for anything, But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 08-17-2005 03:44:17 PM
obstinance fits Parce better.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Sean
posted 08-17-2005 04:00:29 PM
Alan Scott loses all credibilty as a worthwhile character for his connection to Doiby Dickles. Edit: ..although, he is slightly redeemed by Batman: Hush. A dilemma we have, indeed.

And Wolfman/Perez era Titans.. well, I don't like to think about that. A lot of people loved it, and I've tried to read it, but I just can't force myself.

Sean fucked around with this message on 08-17-2005 at 04:01 PM.

Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 08-17-2005 04:06:21 PM
You guys are fucking this awesome, awesome thread up.
Sean
posted 08-17-2005 04:08:25 PM
quote:
Inferno-Spirit thought about the meaning of life:
You guys are fucking this awesome, awesome thread up.

Everything that needed to be said has been said already.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 08-17-2005 04:09:05 PM
quote:
Channeling the spirit of Sherlock Holmes, Inferno-Spirit absently fondled Watson and proclaimed:
You guys are fucking up this awesome, awesome thread.

No better place to grammar whore than a Flame thread!

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

OtakuPenguin
posted 08-17-2005 05:56:26 PM
quote:
Sean had this to say about Punky Brewster:
And Wolfman/Perez era Titans.. well, I don't like to think about that. A lot of people loved it, and I've tried to read it, but I just can't force myself.

Heh, it's like reading the current run of Uncanny X. You think, "Hey, maybe it'll pay off and end up good!"

But instead, your eyes bleed.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 08-17-2005 06:08:44 PM
For the record, Dolemite was only a semi-successful mod because he (Snoota) did for me what Deth did for Lyinar.

INTERPRET THAT AS YOU WILL

Damnati
Filthy
posted 08-17-2005 06:44:02 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Mr. Parcelan said:
For the record, Dolemite was only a semi-successful mod because he (Snoota) did for me what Deth did for Lyinar.

INTERPRET THAT AS YOU WILL

Hmm, that may explain the bleeding Snoota was complaining about a while back..

I kid, I kid.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: