EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Thoughts on Honor system?
Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 04-21-2005 02:01:52 AM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Delphi Aegis said:
Btw batty, I meant the only way for me to catch up to contribution points compared to a mage was to CoEx targets in a rogue gank group. Heh.

k

Or you could find a raid between TM and kinda half play, haha. Free points for all! ;D

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 04-21-2005 02:08:13 AM
quote:
Batty Model 2000 was programmed to say:
k

Or you could find a raid between TM and kinda half play, haha. Free points for all! ;D

Probably. I've been too busy trying to drag my guild through Scholo to release the imp.

Don't even wanna know what kind of swear words they'll throw at me when I ask them to kill the big doggie in DM again.

Flea
Pancake
posted 04-21-2005 06:49:09 AM
I am in support of a bag that would allow stacking of the shards much like a quiver. The quiver itself is annoying because I lose inventory room to a 16 slot quiver just for the added aspd. Since 'locks will use this bag and lose out on a 16 slot bag, it is balanced IMO.

Also, back on topic, TM and SS are nothing but a battleground between the alliance and horde on my server. The sides are constantly equal and there has yet to be a clear winner of the area.

Maradon!
posted 04-21-2005 07:29:36 AM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Blackened who doth quote:

Not sure what you're talking about, since both the things you quoted are still true.

Zaeron
Pancake
posted 04-21-2005 08:25:55 AM
Just one note, my one friend managed to milk 12 Soulshards through almost 3 hours of near nonstop PVP. Of course, he didn't give us healthstones every single time we used them, and I'm very cheap about healthstones anyway, so yeah. If they'd been easier to replace, I would have been more willing to use them. But they were still there for emergencies, so it's handy.

My only gripe is that he doesn't have Curse of Exhaustion

Note: This is not to say I don't think soulshards need to be fixed, just that a warlock can still be effective with a very limited number of shards.

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 04-21-2005 12:12:35 PM
Stackable soulshards would be !

Right now I always keep at least 20 on me at all times. If we are doing a dungeon, I try to get two full runecloth bags of them, so I can keep people up with healstones.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 04-21-2005 12:30:04 PM
Oh look, another nerf to warlocks.. CoT no longer makes talent-made instantcast spells (Such as corruption, Arcane explosion) have a casting time.

Good to know we're being made more useless as patches go in.

Edit: To be clear, it worked like this before patch:

Talent: Improved Corruption. Reduces the cast time of your corruption spell by 2 sec. Spell: Corruption (all ranks) 2 second cast time. Made instant by talent.
Spell: Curse of Tounges (rank 1). Forces the target to speak demonic, increasing all cast times by 50% for 30sec.

So, this essentially made Corruption a 3 second cast (3.2sec with Rank2 CoT). When the 2 second reduction was applied, there was still some time leftover, hence the cast time. This was a viable counter to AE'ing mages in Mass PvP since, you know, they can remove curses instantaneously and all, but apparently, blizzard just doesn't like it when people have to think.

Delphi Aegis fucked around with this message on 04-21-2005 at 12:40 PM.

Maradon!
posted 04-21-2005 12:51:28 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'baeling:
Marawhine 2.0: Donnie Takes Warcraft

Yup, and, just like last time, I'm right.

Delphi Aegis
posted 04-21-2005 12:54:36 PM
quote:
Flea had this to say about John Romero:
I am in support of a bag that would allow stacking of the shards much like a quiver. The quiver itself is annoying because I lose inventory room to a 16 slot quiver just for the added aspd. Since 'locks will use this bag and lose out on a 16 slot bag, it is balanced IMO.

Also, back on topic, TM and SS are nothing but a battleground between the alliance and horde on my server. The sides are constantly equal and there has yet to be a clear winner of the area.

I could give a fuck less about storage. I can store 55 shards if I want to. But an extra shard means jack shit if I can't gain them back. Having the ability to hold 60 shards in one bag would be nice, but I still have to farm mobs for them. Period.

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 04-21-2005 01:53:02 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis wrote this stupid crap:
I could give a fuck less about storage. I can store 55 shards if I want to. But an extra shard means jack shit if I can't gain them back. Having the ability to hold 60 shards in one bag would be nice, but I still have to farm mobs for them. Period.

Yep. No other class has to go out "before PvPing" and farm trash green mobs in order to be effective.

This patch screwed up stuff for a lot of classes. Shaman frost shock now goes "immune" on most PvP targets after they have been cast on a person 3 times. The damage doesn't even go through.

And our Windfury now overwrites Flurry.

Both were admitted by Blizzard as unintended, and Im sure will get fixed in another 6-8 months.

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 04-21-2005 01:55:38 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Reynar wrote:

I thought this was always the case. At least as in, when you windfury with flurry up, the windfury attacks count for the flurry attacks. If so, this has been around longer than just this last patch.

Delphi Aegis
posted 04-21-2005 02:01:24 PM
quote:
Reynar had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Yep. No other class has to go out "before PvPing" and farm trash green mobs in order to be effective.

This patch screwed up stuff for a lot of classes. Shaman frost shock now goes "immune" on most PvP targets after they have been cast on a person 3 times. The damage doesn't even go through.

Both were admitted by Blizzard as unintended, and Im sure will get fixed in another 6-8 months.

Wow.. the damage not being applied sucks. Does it (the damage) suffer from the diminishing returns as well, or is it full damage until the immunity?

I mean, it's 100%, then 75, then 50, then immune if cast within 15 seconds of each other (not within the first cast, just each other) which can suck for multiple shaman..

Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 04-21-2005 02:23:36 PM
The damage is nerfed too.

I'm sad about the damage; all I didn't like about FS was the whole possibility of continuous slow at range. The damage was fine.

Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 04-21-2005 02:41:17 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Delphi Aegis!
Wow.. the damage not being applied sucks. Does it (the damage) suffer from the diminishing returns as well, or is it full damage until the immunity?

I mean, it's 100%, then 75, then 50, then immune if cast within 15 seconds of each other (not within the first cast, just each other) which can suck for multiple shaman..

Yep, that is what really makes it harsh. If a shaman hits someone with Frostshock 3 times and the target runs away, then I engage him, he will be immune to both the damage, and the slow already.

I'm glad they took away the ability to frost shock kite, it was a lame trick. But now they've made it so 3 casts and the person immune to both the damage, and the slow, from everyone.

Reynar fucked around with this message on 04-21-2005 at 02:41 PM.

-Mayer Rothschild
Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 04-21-2005 03:02:18 PM
There's been a fair share of bugs this patch. Flurry (for both Warriors and Shaman) is still bugged such that it only hastes two attacks, defensive stance apparently reduces damage output by 20% (although some are saying it's just a display bug), intercept apparently stuns both the target and the warrior, and the one second stun from charge triggers/is subject to diminishing returns (although this is just oversight, I hope).

Edit: Take the last three with copious amounts of salt, as they originate from the official forums. However, the flurry bug was noted by a blue poster while the patch was still on test.

Tegadil fucked around with this message on 04-21-2005 at 03:07 PM.

Delphi Aegis
posted 04-21-2005 03:56:41 PM
Intercept and charge stun have always been on a diminishing returns timer along with rogue's cheapshot and kidney shot, as well as HoJ and blackout.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 04-21-2005 04:08:18 PM
quote:
Quoth Reynar:
Yep, that is what really makes it harsh. If a shaman hits someone with Frostshock 3 times and the target runs away, then I engage him, he will be immune to both the damage, and the slow already.

I'm glad they took away the ability to frost shock kite, it was a lame trick. But now they've made it so 3 casts and the person immune to both the damage, and the slow, from everyone.

According to the patch notes, you only have to wait a whopping 15 seconds to reset the timer and get full damage again. Is that really so harsh?

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 04-21-2005 04:15:22 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about Cuba:
According to the patch notes, you only have to wait a whopping 15 seconds to reset the timer and get full damage again. Is that really so harsh?

If the immunity did not extend to the damage, no I wouldnt mind. But it does, and the DEV team stated that this was not intended.

Also, 15 seconds in PvP is quite along time.

Most shamans will adapt and simply stop using frostshock in major pvp battles for now, it's a waste of mana now.

Reynar fucked around with this message on 04-21-2005 at 04:17 PM.

-Mayer Rothschild
Delphi Aegis
posted 04-21-2005 04:16:57 PM
quote:
Bloodsage thought about the meaning of life:

15 seconds is an eternity in PvP. Most rogues can gank a caster (full health -> dead) in about 5 seconds, give or take.

You *do* have a point. If they wanted to use it for damage more then the effect, they could earthshock twice and have the timer reset.

Edit: Reynar.. I'd say it's more of a waste of mana after the first cast.. Heh.

Delphi Aegis fucked around with this message on 04-21-2005 at 04:17 PM.

Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 04-21-2005 04:20:14 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
15 seconds is an eternity in PvP. Most rogues can gank a caster (full health -> dead) in about 5 seconds, give or take.

You *do* have a point. If they wanted to use it for damage more then the effect, they could earthshock twice and have the timer reset.

Edit: Reynar.. I'd say it's more of a waste of mana after the first cast.. Heh.

That's not the point. It was stated that Frost Shock would do X amount of damage along with diminishing returns, but it would still do damage. Currently, it's rendered useless for the most part. I cant tell you how many people I hit with Frost Shock on Tuesday and it came up with immune.

I switched entirely to earth shock after a short time.

-Mayer Rothschild
Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-21-2005 06:58:36 PM
I always thought that it would be cool if Warlocks were sort of the king of buffs class.

It'd be awesome if Spellstones and Firestones worked like Soulstones, and a Warlock could use them to enchant the Warrior's weapon with Fire damage or buff up the Mage's fire spells, or put an anti-magic shell around someone.

In other words, I think they should be able to use stones like a Paladin uses seals.

UBT
Pancake
posted 04-21-2005 08:37:38 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
I always thought that it would be cool if Warlocks were sort of the king of buffs class.

It'd be awesome if Spellstones and Firestones worked like Soulstones, and a Warlock could use them to enchant the Warrior's weapon with Fire damage or buff up the Mage's fire spells, or put an anti-magic shell around someone.

In other words, I think they should be able to use stones like a Paladin uses seals.

That would be awesome!

Delphi Aegis
posted 04-21-2005 09:51:58 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about John Romero:

Blizzard has repeatedly said that they fucking hate warlocks, and they wish to see the coolest LOOKING class in the game (I'm sorry, but no motherfuckers can compete with an Infernal/Doomguard running alongside someone) ground into fine masochistic dust.

Delphi Aegis fucked around with this message on 04-21-2005 at 09:52 PM.

Lashanna
noob
posted 04-22-2005 12:24:19 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan's account was hax0red to write:

Wait, what? None of what you described sounds anything like seals...

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 04-22-2005 12:25:32 AM
quote:
Lashanna thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
Wait, what? None of what you described sounds anything like seals...

I meant in that Warlocks have more buffs for other members. Like how a Paladin uses stuff like Seal of Salvation to remove aggro and shit.

You get the idea.

Lashanna
noob
posted 04-22-2005 01:10:05 AM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Mr. Parcelan!
I meant in that Warlocks have more buffs for other members. Like how a Paladin uses stuff like Seal of Salvation to remove aggro and shit.

You get the idea.

Blessings. Seals are our 30 second self-only melee procs.

And only if they last five minutes, so Warlocks can enjoy buffing entire raids over and over and over and rebuffing by the time they finish.

And BoSalv reduces 33% aggro, supposedly, but is hardly foolproof.
Blessings are nice, but I think people overrate them all in all. The panic I get when someone's blessing starts to fade is crazy. imo, for a 40 person raid, it fades too fast to panic about keeping it on all the time.

Best you can do is put a Paladin in every group except the main group, and have each one keep tabs on their own group, and get someone to buff MTs.

Lashanna fucked around with this message on 04-22-2005 at 01:17 AM.

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 04-22-2005 01:43:19 AM
I'd vote that Paladins be unable to cast Blessing of Wisdom on Mages. God damn aggro machines.
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 04-22-2005 01:47:26 AM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
I'd vote that Paladins be unable to cast Blessing of Wisdom on Mages. God damn aggro machines.

Screw Wisdom. Gimme Kings!

I hit 5050 mana yesterday with Kings

Bloodcookie
Pancake
posted 04-23-2005 05:09:17 PM
Thought you all might find this bit of confirmation interesting.

Inter alia:

quote:
...Battlegrounds will be ready for release next patch! Yes, that's right, I said next patch, and yes, I said Battlegrounds...plural!

""...destructive analysis of the familiar is the only method of approach to an understanding of fundamentally different modes of expression." -Edward Sapir, Language
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 04-23-2005 06:48:12 PM
quote:
Bloodcookie had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Thought you all might find this bit of confirmation interesting.

Inter alia:

Tee hee!

*giggles*

Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 04-23-2005 08:24:30 PM
I really hope they have a battlegrounds for lower level players instead of just the 51-60 one in Arathi.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: